944 West Jericho Tpke.
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafehavanali.com/
- Phone: (631) 670-6277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday-CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ramon Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: CAKES/PASTRIES Are Not Allowed To Be Walked In By Our Guest.
Cafe Havana Offers freshly baked tropical Cakes for any special event.
A word from Cafe Havana
Imagine being on a tropical island, Listening to Latin Jazz played softly in the background as you indulge yourself in the most exquisite meals and drinks this island has to offer. Well now you can experience the taste of the Caribbean right in your neighborhood. Cafe Havana will transport You there without ever leaving your seat. With the palm trees surrounding you and the wide variety of food to choose from you will feel like you have been transported to a tropical island. The menu consists of Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Spanish influences. Come savor all the food we offer and don"t forget to order our famous mojito made in the most traditional way. The warm atmosphere and friendly service will capture you. Once you get transported to the Caribbean you will never want to leave. We hope to see you here soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Havana - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Cafe Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (70)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (57)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (30)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- EXCELLENT !!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014You must try Cafe Havana. It is a true gem! From the moment you walk in you are treated with great customer service. The host, bartender, and wait staff are extremely outgoing, polite, helpful, and nice. They treat you as a friend and valued customer, as so many other restaurants have forgotten how to do. The food is wonderful with a delicious selection for everyone to enjoy. I would highly recommend going there !!! I will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Great dining experience. Enjoyed the food and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findJenkDined on 11/22/2014We were surprised at how crowded this restaurant was because it's very large. Very nice ambience but the noise level is high, some areas worse tan others. The plantain chips that are on the table to start are addictive, watch out. Mussels were amazing(great broth) and we enjoyed the spinach chorizo salad. We didn't love the patella but the the halibut was excellent. One person had the chicken, shrimp chipotle which I tasted, it was good but they smother it with a lot of sauce. The service was excellent, the only negative was the how noisy it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun evening of dining and dancingbradDined on 11/22/2014we have eaten here several times during the week but this time we wanted to dine and dance and it really was a fun Saturday evening - great food and service despite being very busy - enjoyable dancing but would have loved some real Latin music - tried for a Salsa without success!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMargboDined on 11/21/2014We have driven passed this restaurant for years and finally paid a visit. The food was phenomenal , the drinks great , the dessert super and the atmosphere good. It is loud but somehow since all else was great you can ignore that. Huge menu with choices for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.Clubman33Dined on 11/16/2014Staff was friendly and efficient. Wish they could have the fireplace lit when someone reserves a table and requests to sit near the fireplace. Makes no sense! Otherwise....great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This dining experience was great, we would luv to come back and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Havana HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Beautiful decor check!, friendly and helpful service check! excellent food check! a dinner date me and my wife will remember for a while check! If your looking for all of the above and more be sure to check out Cafe Havana. From the Mango Mojito's to the chicken pineapple pinchos and sweet potato picadillo every sip and bite was filled with much flavor, we will definitely return to experience the many dishes this wonderful restaurant has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingvane11maryDined on 11/11/2014Sophisticated place, very nice, beautiful and amazing place to eat and to spend time with friends and family. Thank you. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JHMJHM1VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great mojitos, great food, great service! Minues one star due to the dining experience being TOO LOUD. They need sound panels or something, as when the restaurant is crowded, you can barely hear the people at your table.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We were there onSaturday night...food was excellent...serv at a bad time itice was excellent...way too loudI would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMylesDined on 11/8/2014We loved the food, the ambience, the service and the vibe. Outstanding Paella and the drinks were great. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- MaddiemeedeeDined on 11/8/2014Loved the food...loved the ambiance...all around a great dining experience! This may now be one of my new favorite restaurants! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRAZYMIXITDOCVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went on restaurant week this time. MISTAKE Only Valet parking, which I hate. You could not get in the driveway, when you did you waited 10 minutes for them to jockey the cars around. Finally we got in and had to wait for all our party to arrive, another 25 minutes . The place was so packed I thought they were giving away free meals. Restaurant Week has smaller portions with a limited variety but it was adequate and tasty, but not as good as their regular menu. Despite the huge crowd the serving staff did well. The bar scene was unbelievable, non stop, seeming to get everything right. Their Cuban dishes are very nice especially the beef & pork. Mofongo is not for me, too greasy and bland. You need to fix the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laulau1105Dined on 11/8/2014Very nice place! Food was great, staff very friendly! Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- such good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014this has been my third visit to cafe havana in a month....so pleasant, great drinks...the food absolutely delicious....i cannot believe this place has been in business for 7 years and i have only just started coming here....worth the trip, the money.....i have shared this place with co-workers and all have made reservations and were not disappointed....i enjoyed the coconut shrimp, the empanadas very authentic! i have had the skirt steak twice because it is just so mouth watering...the crab cake appetizer is one of the best i have ever had and i eat crab cakes everywhere i go....i wold like to see more variety with the side of vegetables...all three visits to cafe havan, the vegetables were the same, and i went on a wed, fri and sat night..Special Features:
- food was okMariekDined on 11/8/2014the service was really good and the place is very nice and clean. However, the food was just ok, i guess my expectations were high because of some of the reviews on yelp. You can pass yuca frita and order the sweet corn fritters instead. My husband said the paella tastes very fishy. The lime helped a lot. The pork pernil was ok but the mofongo was great.Special Features:
- Cafe HavanaHighgreen1Dined on 11/5/2014Food and food service was very good. Bartenders were not attentive to customers and messed up the bill when we cashed out at the bar.Special Features:
- a fun dining experienceH20fanDined on 11/5/2014excellent menu for restaurant week. food was delicious. great serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supercsaDined on 11/5/2014The ambiance was perfect for dining out with my wife for date night. The noise level was low enough to have a conversation, though voices do tend to carry from adjacent tables. The food was exemplary and represented a good variety of Cuban fare that will appeal to even the most discriminating foodies (of which I am not necessarily a member). Overall, the dining experience warrants succeeding visits and it would be an easy recommendation to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014Been there a few times and food is always really good. Our waiter was super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Cuban foodMIXITDOCVIPDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed the standard menu even though it was Restaurant Week. Shrimp & scallop and the steak were very good. Service by Linda was slow and not too attentive. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban Foodrag0323Dined on 10/29/2014The restaurant was beautiful and clean. The service was excellent and friendly. The food tasted great, looked beautiful and was exotic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodie2Dined on 10/26/2014We came for our daughter's birthday as a change of pace and truly enjoyed our evening. The ambiance was lovely but the food was the star! I'm not one to insta-gram my food but couldn't resist the presentation was fabulous. The only thing better then the presentation was the taste. We walk out of the restaurant Stuffed and with doggie bags. Needless to say the dog wasn't getting this food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time!MdaponteDined on 10/25/2014Great food! Great atmosphere! Great service! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date.DeckardDined on 10/25/2014The food was great. The staff was helpful, pleasant and provided wonderful service. The atmosphere was just right for a date although there were a few families as well. First time there but definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BLfoodieDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant has everything I desire in a great place to eat: beautiful atmosphere, nice music in the background, probably the best service I have recieved in quite some time without being intrusive, wonderuflly prepared food, and close to home. Truely there is not one thing that I would find fault with--I remember the facility from many years ago, which has been completely redecorated with some superb tilework. Make the reservation and go!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014looking forward to our next visit - it was a terrific experience - great food and ambiance
- AwesomeLucyDined on 10/24/2014Delicious Food. Great dining experience everytime. Staff friendly and on top of your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent all around!! First time here definately looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Diverse menu. Great taste and good portion size. Waited an hour and a half for my food entree and it was only me and my wife. I think it was a poor waitress but nonetheless that was a big part of our overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LizzygirlDined on 10/18/2014Everyone is so nice from the minute yo get there! The food is absolutely delicious! The service is great! This is definitely my favorite restaurant! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Awesome nite time funDancingGirl111111111111Dined on 10/18/2014The presentation of the food is Amazing and the taste is equally Fantastic ...Pricing is very reasonable , our waitress was ok my daughter is a waitress in a Hotel and I can see how she makes Great money , this girl was ok didn't sell us good thing the food sells itself , the Sangria however Worst I've ever had , but won't let that Stop us from coming back....The after dinner party downstairs was Fun, Music was Great different mix up ...Drinks were a bit Pricy ...all in all will definitely go back and tell my Friends !!!!!Special Features:
- Surprisedmad482Dined on 10/18/2014Drove by this place a hundredd times thinking 'have to try this place ', but continued on to our regulars. That was a big mistake. We were welcomed at curb & inside the doors of a nice stone decor. On to a stylish well lit bar. Dining room was full but not crowded. The staff was great . Our waiter Paul was a pleasure .He was open , informed and genuinely happy to be there and wanted us to feel the same way. He didn't just take our orders , he helped us choose our meals . Which was a huge plus . He stayed available and checked up prior to serving other tables. Food was great. A few appetizers then Skirt Steaks and Paella. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bowrinkleDined on 10/18/2014Without a doubt the nosiest place we have ever been in. I finally had to ask that my table be moved to another dining area.The day before my wife and I were in Bourbon street, New Orleans which was a church compared to this place. Appetizer's were good, rest of meal was mediocre, desserts left a lot to be desired. The two we had tasted nothing like described.Special Features:
- Second time aroundCillaroseDined on 10/18/2014I went with a group the first time and because it was so delicious, I had to go back!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Been there twice. Both times the food and service were great. Our server Paul was very knowledgable with the menu and right on top of anything we needed. The noise level in the back dining areas was pretty loud for awhile. We did have a couple of drinks in the 25 and older dance club down stairs after dinner. The music was good and everyone there did seem to be having a very good time.Special Features:
- Great night at a great restaurant!MonRodDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious!!!We all tried the different types of Monfungos and they were all amazing!!The red fruity sangria was to die for. The bartender was not stingy with the drinks they were delicious. We had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunamjrDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. Our waiter was as attentive as possible but it was incredibly busy. The noise level was ridiculously loud and the tables are very close together. I really enjoyed the food and decor but certainly not a place for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!CruzknowsSalsaDined on 10/10/2014Came down from Connecticut the presentation of our plates was very nice and food was good. Havana club downstairs was very nice not to may people on a friday that I went but the dj was awesome. Will come back again.I would recommend this to a friend.