944 West Jericho Tpke.
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafehavanali.com/
- Phone: 6316706277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday-CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ramon Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: CAKES/PASTRIES Are Not Allowed To Be Walked In By Our Guest.
Cafe Havana Offers freshly baked tropical Cakes for any special event.
A word from Cafe Havana
Imagine being on a tropical island, Listening to Latin Jazz played softly in the background as you indulge yourself in the most exquisite meals and drinks this island has to offer. Well now you can experience the taste of the Caribbean right in your neighborhood. Cafe Havana will transport You there without ever leaving your seat. With the palm trees surrounding you and the wide variety of food to choose from you will feel like you have been transported to a tropical island. The menu consists of Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Spanish influences. Come savor all the food we offer and don"t forget to order our famous mojito made in the most traditional way. The warm atmosphere and friendly service will capture you. Once you get transported to the Caribbean you will never want to leave. We hope to see you here soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCuban
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Havana - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Cafe Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (63)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (38)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food. Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Diverse menu. Great taste and good portion size. Waited an hour and a half for my food entree and it was only me and my wife. I think it was a poor waitress but nonetheless that was a big part of our overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LizzygirlDined on 10/18/2014Everyone is so nice from the minute yo get there! The food is absolutely delicious! The service is great! This is definitely my favorite restaurant! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for!Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Drove by this place a hundredd times thinking 'have to try this place ', but continued on to our regulars. That was a big mistake. We were welcomed at curb & inside the doors of a nice stone decor. On to a stylish well lit bar. Dining room was full but not crowded. The staff was great . Our waiter Paul was a pleasure .He was open , informed and genuinely happy to be there and wanted us to feel the same way. He didn't just take our orders , he helped us choose our meals . Which was a huge plus . He stayed available and checked up prior to serving other tables. Food was great. A few appetizers then Skirt Steaks and Paella. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Without a doubt the nosiest place we have ever been in. I finally had to ask that my table be moved to another dining area.The day before my wife and I were in Bourbon street, New Orleans which was a church compared to this place. Appetizer's were good, rest of meal was mediocre, desserts left a lot to be desired. The two we had tasted nothing like described.Special Features:
- Second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I went with a group the first time and because it was so delicious, I had to go back!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Been there twice. Both times the food and service were great. Our server Paul was very knowledgable with the menu and right on top of anything we needed. The noise level in the back dining areas was pretty loud for awhile. We did have a couple of drinks in the 25 and older dance club down stairs after dinner. The music was good and everyone there did seem to be having a very good time.Special Features:
- Great night at a great restaurant!MonRodDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious!!!We all tried the different types of Monfungos and they were all amazing!!The red fruity sangria was to die for. The bartender was not stingy with the drinks they were delicious. We had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunamjrDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. Our waiter was as attentive as possible but it was incredibly busy. The noise level was ridiculously loud and the tables are very close together. I really enjoyed the food and decor but certainly not a place for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!CruzknowsSalsaDined on 10/10/2014Came down from Connecticut the presentation of our plates was very nice and food was good. Havana club downstairs was very nice not to may people on a friday that I went but the dj was awesome. Will come back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surpriseJMC65Dined on 10/9/2014Our waiter was most helpful in presenting the menu choices. The meal was delicious and the presentation was first rate. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding once againCookieDined on 10/4/2014We have been to Café Havana many times and each time it keeps getting better. From the service to the food. Every thing is made fresh to order and comes out HOT! Our server, Emily, was on point. Her recommendations and attention to detail with my food allergies were extremely reassuring. Order the FIRE CLAMS! Tony makes a fantastic margarita.Special Features:
- Great date night spotmadj2914Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate my birthday and had a memorable experience. The decor was chic and the restaurant was very romantic. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Every item we enjoyed was delicious... From the plantain chips and salsa to the beef empanada for appetizer to the ropa vieja and Cuban steak for dinner to the molten chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back.MesrickDined on 10/3/2014Food is excellent. Service is great. Glad they got rid of valet parking (or at least it wasn't there this time) because it was unnecessary and slow. Might go to the halloween party. Salsa music is good. Some of the specialty cocktails need some retooling though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay...MoosesCookieDined on 10/3/2014I have been here several times and loved it but the last time was disappointing. Our waitress was timid & not very informed about the menu (did not speak spanish nor knew about the cuisine). She was attentive but in the lurking kind of way. We ordered guacamole and for a very small scoop it was $10! The pernil was extremely salty & could not be finished. The bill for the two of us was $120 which I thought was exorbitant. Best part of the meal was the sangria & the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy BienCookie614Dined on 10/3/2014We have been to Cafe Havana many times and have enjoyed each visit. The service is always concerned and attentive. This visit I decided to try the Coconut mussels as an appetizer. They were just ok. The sauce was good, but lacked something special and the mussels themselves were extremely small. My entree, however was spectacular. A large portion of perfectly cookies halibut served on a corn husk with a corn relish and a sprinkle of queso. Devine! My husband inhaled his Ropa Vieja! We shared a flan for dessert, that was also lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls' Night OutGr82eatVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great food, great ambiance and wonderful decorum and service. I had the crab and avocado salad and it was delicious. I will certainly return if I'm ever in the Smithtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 4th Visitcalvarez1028Dined on 9/28/2014Cafe Havana always suprises me. this last time i went i went with my family and they loved it well 3 out of 4. i do wish though it had more of a Cuban feeling, but you know every restaurant becomes americanized. overall good food.Special Features:
- Nice place for food and dancepaulnarsDined on 9/27/2014Nice place for food and dance. Good fo the kids , but only earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanessa was greatNay135Dined on 9/27/2014Vanessa was great. The food was excellent. Cafe Havana is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Great Food and service will be going there more often. Drinks were great alsoSpecial Features:
- All around outstandingenjoydiningoutDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit and we were impressed with the service, ambiance, and the food. What a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top flight restaurant.Favorite1Dined on 9/26/2014We brought special guests for romantic dinner. We were not disappointed and our guests raved over this place! Wife and I recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!!SMARDined on 9/25/2014Browsed Open Table to find something new. My boys and I have never had cuban food, so we decided to try it. The restaurant was SO NICE, the food was delicious, the staff was attentive and friendly. We had a great time! I have already recommended this restaurant to friends and I think I have a few of the ladies from the office excited to attend your Halloween Party. We were there on a Thursday, so we didn't get to appreciate the live music. We'll have to come on a weekend the next time. We will definitely frequent this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ititalianoDined on 9/21/2014We really love the food at Cafe Havana. Kyle our server was amazing. Stuffed sweet plantain appetizer is our favorite. My only issue is with the price of some of the appetizers. For instance, For $8 or $9, you should be served TWO empanadas. I havent been to a restaurant yet that only serves one. It was flavorful but not worth the cost. I wont order those again if they continue to serve one. I missed the bread with their special mango butter. Fried plantain in place of the bread is nice too..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHalRaDined on 9/20/2014My whole experience was excellent, looking forward to going back to try some of the other dishes. I also would like to check out the dance club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent, service was awesome even with a party of 25 in my section, they were very attentive. Great atmosphere. I had a 6pm reservation and was seated right away. I will definitely be back with plenty of friends to join in on this wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great servicehj816Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent choice. The only minus is loud. If you don't mind the noise then this is a home run. Will go back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodThefoodman1987Dined on 9/19/2014Phenomenal food, environment and service. Chefs captured the true essence of Cuban and Puerto Riccan cuisines and gave them a slight continental spin to accommodate the non-Latino clientele's palate...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!StetsonDined on 9/18/2014Great ambience, excellent service and quality food at affordable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We were a party of nine. Everyone had a very good time. It was a birthday celebration. The food was very good and the service was also very good.Special Features:
- A nice treatLuv2dineDined on 9/13/2014When my fiancé and I went there we had a good time. It was very loud though. Seemed like every mom and dad from port Jeff to Smithtown was there in groups. Lol. It was fun though. Just wish it wasn't so loud there. Maybe we would have been better off going earlier. Our reservation was at 7:30. The food was great! Our server was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & delicious food.TleenyDined on 9/12/2014Our server was top notch and was very helpful when made aware of dietary requests such a gluten free etc. Looking forward to returning and trying other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food/wait is too longCafeHavanaDined on 9/6/2014I had an 8:30p reservation which we arrived 5 minutes early. The hostess kept saying you'll be seated in a few minutes. After waiting 10 minutes I asked what's a few minutes and she said 2 more minutes because they are cleaning off the table. Another 15 minutes went by and she said oh they're setting up the tables now. (VERY FRUSTRATING) We didn't get seated until after 9. We placed our food and drink orders 15 minutes after being seated. We didn't receive our food until an hour later, which was after 10pm. Keep in mind that the place closes at 11pm. Overall the food was amazing but the wait time was horrible. It was also my birthday :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I used to come here before it was renovated and when they used to have the live band playing latin music. I now came for the first time since then just to find out they no longer play. Very disappointed, not the same feel. I came on a saturday nite and the noise level was unbareable! We couldn't hear ourselves talk, it was terrible. The food was good, not great and the service, well we waited 1 1/2 hrs for our dinner. Not acceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCrystalDined on 9/6/2014We went to celebrate with family and choose this restaurant for its delicious menu. Our waiter was very attentive. Service was very good. Would definitely come back and recommend to anyone looking for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014this was our first experience here. The reception upon arrival was welcoming and the table service was spectacular! The food was fabulous. Will absolutely be back. Planning on bringing friends next time and staying for the lounge experience.Special Features:
- Try this placeHgrabkowDined on 9/5/2014Food is "off the hook". Portions are large and service is pleasant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I took my daughter and friends to dinner and it was wonderful. Food was delicious, drinks were amazing and couldn't beat the service. I will definately be going back and would highly recommend this great restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Great good, deviceQuietCoupleVIPDined on 9/2/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday night. Cafe Havana was not at all crowded. The food, Cuban and Puerto Rican, was excellent. Our waitress was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The only downside: it was noisy. The acoustics are not great and the party at the table next to us was loud. Much improved over the last time (pre-renovation) that we visited. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Going Back!GinaDined on 8/30/2014Service was outstanding! From the moment we entered until we left, the staff was attentive, informative and professional, yet personable & friendly. It was a great gastro-experience. One flaw in my opinion - their Mango Mojito wasn't as fabulous as expected, their base recipe can use "fine-tuning".Special Features: