390 Route 206
Hillsborough, NJ 08844Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafegraziella.com/
- Phone: (908) 281-0700
- Hours of Operation:
inner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cesare Lubrano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 Private Dining Rooms available for your Gatherings. One of our Rooms seats up to 80ppl and the other seats up to 60ppl. We offer the following party packages for 35 people & up. All packages come with Coffee, Tea, or Soda, and Dessert can be added for an additional $4.00 per person. Changes can be made to these packages by discussion with management. Party Package #1 ($21.95 per person)features: •fresh brick oven bread & bruschetta •choice of salad and your choice of: •Chicken •Veal •Fish Party Package #2 ($25.95 per person) features: •fresh brick oven bread & bruschetta •Cold Antipasto •choice of salad and your choice of: •Chicken •Veal •Fish Party Package #3 ($35.95 per person) features: •fresh brick oven bread & bruschetta •Hot Antipasto •Cold Antipasto •Pasta (Your choice) •choice of salad and your choice of: •Chicken •Veal •Fish
- Private Party Contact: Claudio Fevola 9082810700
A word from Cafe Graziella
Welcome to Cafe Graziella Cucina Italiana, located in Hillsborough, New Jersey. Our restaurant is open seven days a week, and features a beautiful main dining room, event room, and a diverse menu to cater to a wide variety of tastes and tradition. We also offer catering packages to help you plan your next event. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Graziella reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Watch out for large parties and noisy rear roombfrank4frDined on 11/22/2014I've been going to CG for many years - usually for dinner during the week, but occasionally on weekends, too. This is the first time our party of 4 was seated in the back room. When we first got there (with a reservation, no less) they walked us past the quiet front and in an empty room, placed us contiguous to another party of 4, and next to a large table of 10 partying. While this group left early on, another equally large group came in next to us. It's a totally different experience in that room - near the kitchen and the large tables. Insist on the front. That said, the food was once again wonderful. However, our waiter "whined" when we asked him to repeat the specials of the day - then give us a printed menu - I hate when restaurants go thru a long list that you forget and you have no idea of the prices either. The choices were wonderful and they should brag! We enjoyed our fish, chicken and veal dishes - and love the bruschetta served upfront. The restaurant did not pressure us to leave, they allowed us to sit and catch up which is appreciated. If you sit in the front room you won't be disappointed. It's a lovely experience if you're there. I guess I'd end by saying it's also a great place for good food for a large group since they offer the room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pupmamaDined on 11/7/2014We've had better dinners at Cafe Graziella but this one was pretty good. We each had an appetizer--me, the eggplant and my husband had the mozzarella en carrozza. Beware that is an enormous appetizer so don't even think you can eat it alone! My husband enjoyed his chicken parm. I had the agnolotti in vodka sauce. The sauce wasn't nearly as creamy as I'm accustomed to for vodka sauce. Rather than agnolotti the pasta was shaped exactly like large ravioli but that didn't affect the taste. Keep in mind if you order this dish you'd better love spinach because I do and even then I thought the spinach was overkill to the point where the cheese stuffing was a minor player.
- Great find!Love2eatDined on 10/18/2014I was recommended by a friend who lives in the area and I needed to find a halfway point to meet friends who live in northern NJ. What a fantastic surprise! The food and service was excellent and loved the fact that it was BYOB. The grilled octopus appetizer was amazing! The only things that I would say can be improved upon are the chairs. They were wicker like with cushions and I felt really low and couldn't sit up. they were not comfortable at all. Other that that, it was a great experience and I will be back!Special Features:
- First time experienceJoFASDined on 10/13/2014The food and the service was fabulous. Dined during the week so it was not crowded. BYOB. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Son's 30th. BirthdayDiamondbackDined on 9/14/2014I booked a party of 9 for 3:00 on a Sunday several days before, and confirmed same one hour prior. We were seated in the corner (yeah!), and I had the best seat in the house, overlooking the entire room. We ordered 2 large different appetizers which were recommended by the Waiter. A terrific selection which was enjoyed by all! That was followed by our ordering, and subsequent main meal. The selection was great, nobody said there wasn't anything on there. The Waitstaff was very attentive. We did not have to ask for anything, such as water, etc. The food came out in a timely manner. Everyone loved their food, and the desserts were excellent, too! Truly a wonderful 30th. Birthday Dinner for my Son.Special Features:
- NO MORE GRAZIELLAMARKSREVIEWDined on 9/13/2014SPECIALS WERE NOT PRICED...DESSERTS WERE NOT PRICED..CHILEAN SEA BASS SPECIAL $35 AND CHEESE CAKE DESSERT $9.50 HIGHWAY ROBBERY..THE SAME CHIEAN SEA BASS AT NEARBY COMPETITOR $26...AND THE DESSERT ALTHOUGH GOOD WAY OVERPRICED. THE FELLOW WHO SEATED US WAS RUSHED AND UNFRIENDLY. THE WAITER AND STAFF HOWEVER WERE FRIENDLY. THE INSIDE OF THE EATERY WAS REAL NICE AND COZY. FOLKS KEPT FLOWING IN. WE HAVE DINED AT MUCH MORE EXCLUSIVE PLACES AND HAVE PAID LESS..NOT WORTH THE MONEY IN MY OPINION.Special Features:
- Check the prices firstGarnetDined on 8/30/2014If you go to Cafe Graziella and are considering the specials, ask the prices first. When we got the bill, we were surprised at the total. The special appetizer was $17 each! The special entre was $35. The waiter should tell the customer the prices of the specials, but we should have asked. The food was OK, but if we go again, we would order off the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealmarepoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going here for the last few years and it always delivers. Service is always great, food is wonderful (who does not love Italian cooking).. byob, and conveniently there is a liquor store in that same shopping center!Special Features:
- consistently good italianGrouponDinnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014BYOB, Hillsborough gem. Best chicken park anywhere! Pasta with lump crabmeat is light and yummy.Special Features:
- local italian favoriteGrouponDinnerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Capellini Postono was great, packed with lump crabmeat and a light tomato sauce. One of my favorite dishes! Consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Cafe Graziella reviews archive.
- Hillsborough GemLuvthisplaceDined on 7/23/2014the menu does not change often but they have mastered the art of consistency. I would recommend everything including the pasta dishes, chicken and veal. There are always fish dishes for the seafood lovers. I am particularly fond of their specials. This is the go to place in Hillsborough and hopefully be around for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local ItalianRaReeDined on 6/19/2014This was not our first experience at Café Graziella. If you live in this area, this should be your go to place for great Italian food. The food is fresh, the service is excellent. From the time you walk through the door, you feel catered to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceySEVENDined on 6/13/2014I would have liked a salad or choice of soup to have been part of the meal. The 4 of us had a pasta dish and pasta is not that expensive. With a salad or soup as part of the meal the price would have been okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BernieVIPDined on 5/24/2014Local restaurant, BYOB in a strip mall ambience fine but he food was great with large portions.Special Features:
- Food good especially the dessertLainieVIPDined on 5/15/2014I had the calamari special for an appetizer which was very tasty. The stuffed sole was tasty, but a bit too salty for me. The dessert, something chocolate with cream, was outstanding. The food is always good at Cafe Graziella, but the noise level was not to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Just OK ServiceNJGolferDined on 5/10/2014We had a 7:30 reservation, arrived at 7:20 and was told that they would not be ready for us for 30-45 minutes. If I was 30-45 minutes late, would they hold the table for me? When we did sit, at 7:55, the food was EXCELLENT! The only complaint after sitting was that I had to keep asking to get our water glassed refilled, while other tables had them refilled automatically. I will return for the food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 5/2/2014we eat here often enough to be familiar with the menu and recognize many of the servers. specials are always unique and interesting. this visit started with squash blossoms. we shared a field greens salad and moved on to entrees of veal parm and a chicken special with boneless breasts stuffed with pancetta and provolone to name a few of the ingredients. sauce was red wine based and brown..very flavorful.Special Features:
- Glad we tried it!KcmlanceDined on 4/12/2014We had a reservation for a Saturday at 6:30pm. We arrived early and were seated immediately. The decor inside is very nice. Wait staff was attentive and pleasant . Place filled up quickly in the hour that we were there. It did get noticeably noisier as our meal went on but we were still able to have a conversation with minimal difficulty. It's a bring your own and there is a liquor store right next door. Food was very good and served hot! Hubby had the beef brasciole special which was a little salty for me but he enjoyed it. I had chicken rollatini which was very good as well. Dinner salads are not included with meal. Had fried calamari for an app. It was OK. Could have been seasoned better. No room for dessert. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not deliverEurodinerDined on 4/5/2014We went twice in the last few weeks tor dinner here and will not be returning. If seated in the back banquet room there is zero ambiance. The food was no more than average at best, we both had specials which were over priced and poorly presented. ($39 for a lamb dish that was just OK) On a positive note this is a BYOB and on both occasions the soup was excellent and the table bread was heavenly. However that does not suffice for dinner.
- Good but not GreatScience1Dined on 3/15/2014Decent Italian food but I've certainly had better, especially for around $25-$30/ plate. Good ambiance and bread. Decent but not amazing service.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant! Alwayssp3cialVIPDined on 3/7/2014We love this restaurant! Always amazing, delicious food. Always top notch service! BYOB a plus. Our favorite place in our new neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure......JoeFVIPDined on 3/7/2014Cafe Graz is always a great place for a casual night out or for a special occasion. They take care of you and the service is usually very good. Form the apps to the entrees to the desserts you should find something for a great night out. Also a bring your own which is a plus in my mind , especially when there's a liquor store right next to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy placeHappyDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant was very busy and the noise level was energetic. We were seated in a second room adjoining the main room and thought we were in for peace and quiet but alas a 50th Birthday party of about 18 people were seated right next to us so the dining experience was a challenge. I had the stuffed zucchini flower blossom for an appetizer which was very good, my husband had the pasta fiagoli soup which also good and at the right temperature. His main course was the veal special priced at $33.00 which was pricey for a local place. I had homemade pasta with Bolognese . The sauce was good but the pasta was not cooked properly. The noodles were stuck together and cakey (not al dente) which was disappointing.Special Features:
- First Time VisitLucyDined on 2/22/2014Driven by for 5 years & finally decided to give it a try. Pasta & chicken dish were very good. Will return.Special Features:
- Valentine's dayGeneDined on 2/14/2014Tried it for Valentine's day. It wad definitely pretty good. Would go again.Special Features:
- Great BYOBRushDined on 1/24/2014Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. The only thing is the dessert menu is limited. The food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ate was good.laceycatDined on 1/17/2014We had chicken and veal parm. Both were very good. For an appetizer, we had stuffed Zucchini flowers and they were also very good.Special Features:
- ExcellentLainieVIPDined on 1/16/2014The zucchini flower appetizer was, once again, delicious. A special was offered as the main entree, cavatelli with bracciole; it was outstanding. I hope they offer it again! For dessert, we had chocolate mousse, and that satisfied our sweet tooth. All in all, wonderful food, great dining experience.Special Features:
- A Well-Deserved ReputationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/15/2014Had heard good things about this unobtrusive little strip mall BYO for years--very glad we finally gave it a try! Our party of 4 was impressed by the variety of the menu, which included a wide range of Italian dishes; specials also presented some tempting options. Complimentary bruschetta was a nice touch (as well as delicious!), and all 4 of us gave our entrees a thumbs-up. Portions were generous and reasonably priced. There were many dishes on the menu that appealed to us; a return visit is definitely in order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice TreatsharondinerDined on 12/15/2013The Café never misses. I've been dining at Café G for many years and it is consistent with the quality of food, service and price. Menu has a varied selection which can satisfy most customers and service is very good. It is a great place to dine and a bargain to boot.Special Features:
- Not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013Took friends for a "thank you" dinner. Live this local place. My fav. The eggplant was salty that I couldn't eat it. It was super busy, which is fine, but the waiter was cranky. Then he got rid of us when we became cranky back. Embarrassing In front of people we brought for a nice meal. Took 3 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseHayseedDined on 12/12/2013Cafe Graziella provided our party of 8 with a delightful dinner experience: good food and attentive service. Our group will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLainieVIPDined on 12/3/2013The Italian Wedding soup was delicious. I hope to see it featured again, I will surely order it! The chocolate mousse dessert was superb. This is the second time I have ordered it, and it is awesome. My entree, paperdelle bolognese, was excellent as always. I order it often; it is a favorite of mine. We have never had a meal that wasn't excellent at Cafe Graziells.Special Features:
- Food is consistently gooddonnagramDined on 11/23/2013Food is consistently good as is the service. We always enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a great timeLuigimichaeloDined on 11/13/2013I have been to this establishment multiple times and it consistently meets my expectations and sometimes exceeds. Their staff is appropriately attentive and pleasant. The food choices are easily customizable if you don't find something that suits you at the time - they adapt to what you want although, their menu has an array of assortment. The hot and cold antipasto is fabulous! We had someone with us that was Vegan that was able to customize her order and was very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLainieVIPDined on 11/6/2013I tried the cream of asparagus soup and it was delicious. For my entree, I went with one of the specials, scallops, shrimp and lobster combo over arugula. It was awesome. The specials at Cafe Graziella are always exceptional. Choices from the standard menu are always tasty as well.Special Features:
- Good foodRonamarkDined on 10/19/2013Our party of 6 were all pleased with the food. Prices were fair but the menu had few surprises. We dined in a side room which was large and relative quite. Nice not to have to shout at each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet location with decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2013Good for a date night. Very quiet and definitely not kid-friendly. Was surprised by this since it's in a strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food was verywineanddineVIPDined on 9/23/2013I thought the food was very good. I did think the food was a bit expensive (gnocchis on their open table menu is 12.95, their online menu states 15, and in fact they are 17). I think it's time they update their prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB Incredible calamari;CarminesDined on 9/12/2013BYOB Incredible calamari; everyone enjoyed the lobster bisque; large portions We will definitely go back.Special Features: