Cafe Gratitude - Venice
512 Rose Ave.
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Gratitude - Venice
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafegratitudevenice.com/
- Phone: 4242318000
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Dreux Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Gratitude - Venice
Café Gratitude is a collection of 100% organic vegan restaurants specializing in gourmet raw and cooked cuisines. Our cafes create gourmet dishes with organic produce from our very own farm in Vacaville, CA (Be Love Farm). We honor the earth as we honor ourselves and have created a menu that promotes consciousness and sustainability for both our well being and health as well as the planet and all of its inhabitants. We practice business through a view of love we call Sacred Commerce, where we celebrate mistakes, commit to strong communication, and give gratitude for our lives. Check out our menu and come dine with us. Come to our workshops and classes and learn with us. Visit our online store and support us. Check out our blog and connect with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Gratitude - Venice reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BuenoLucyDined on 8/8/2014Buena comida y sirven rapido. Lastima q la actitud del personal es fria y desinteresada: Solo quieren servir la comida y q te vayas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014excellent place for a healthy bite to eat with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!VeganAmyDined on 7/21/2014Everytime my boyfriend and I are in Venice, we always stop here. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is bright and modern but also feels laid back and comfortable. The food is always delicious and the dessert is outstanding! I couldn't believe they made a vegan tiramisu! I never thought I'd be able to eat that again! They also have fresh pressed juices and smoothies that are great. I definitely recommend anyone (not just vegan or vegetarian) to give this place a shot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt overlookedLaDiningDined on 7/12/2014Order was wrong and there was no apology from the waitress it was hard to get the server's attention to get water, refills, or ask for the correct dish. Feel like the food is coming off an assembly line and not much variety to the menu options. Felt that 20 for a bowl of bland vegetables is overrated.Special Features:
- Delicious!iamaniDined on 7/11/2014Deliciously prepared wholesome food. Even non vegetarian or vegan eaters would enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hipster vibe and friendly staffazrael9612Dined on 7/5/2014Cafe gratitude at Venice it's Awesome! Cordially welcomed, one can feel home away home in this vegan restaurant, in which the star of the night is the menu, boosted by the energy of the place due to the many eclectic customers always looking for a nice place to spend the night with their friends and significant others...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good vegan foodRichyVIPDined on 7/5/2014If you like vegan food they have everything covered this is one of the most healthiest places I've ever been toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Cafe Gratitude - Venice reviews archive.
- Consistently fantastic!DrCJDined on 6/29/2014Enjoyed another wonderful dining experience at this neighborhood gem. Food is so fresh and great flavor combinations. Eggplant sandwich was great as was the eggplant soup. Server was perfect - as were the greeters - all professional, pleasant, and competent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and friendlyPreattyDined on 6/20/2014I didn't like the kale chips but the Asian salad was OK. I wouldn't go there for the food but it's a trendy place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Good food, too noisyFarfallaDined on 6/5/2014We went there on an evening and the place was crowded. That is usually a good sign, and the food did not disappoint. But the service was too slow and the level of noise almost unbearable. Guests were not able to talk unless they sat directly next to one another. You could say that cafe Venice is kid friendly in that they get your kids crayons and paper, but they have no booster seats and the dining area might actually be too loud for your kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful meal and eveningStevenDined on 6/4/2014This place is a gem. From the menu to the Manager Antonio and our fun, affable, informative server Tony. Food was excellent, we were made not only to feel comfortable but to feel like part of an intimate family. It happened to be my friend and not only did the servers come out to sing and clap but the ENTIRE restaurant did. I think the atmosphere, philosophy and food naturally attacks people with wonderful energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLuv2EatDined on 6/3/2014I've been to Cafe Gratitude a number of times and have not been disappointed with any of the food I've tasted from their vast menu so far. Definitely a hot spot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!Annapercy7Dined on 5/26/2014I love Cafe Gratitude - service is friendly, food is fantastic, and the whole atmosphere of gratitude is contagious and unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy AND AmazingOSEAJenDined on 5/21/2014Once yet set aside your preconceived notion of vegan food---you will be happily surprised. The quality of the ingredients is amazing and the complex flavors of the food are a delight!Special Features:
- Never feel guiltyJaz1VIPDined on 5/13/2014I love eating here. The food is always good, consistent. Love the I AM WHOLE and the KELP NOODLES. DelishSpecial Features:
- WAY too loudBuzzyVIPDined on 5/11/2014The entire dining experience was hampered by the noise level in this place. I am hearing impaired and wear hearing aids, which amplify noise, and made it impossible for me to hear here, and painful for me to be in the main room. My husband had reserved a quiet table, and they gave it away. As for the food, good juices, and some of what we had was tasty. The fruit crepe, however, was not.
- Imaginative vegan brunchWSE51Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful and diverse vegan cuisine. Very friendly service, but food quite slow to arrive even though restaurant was not very busy. Not the waiter's fault, cooks were slow on this trip. Still, we intend to return again.Special Features:
- Great Food.Vegan2dayDined on 5/9/2014The food here is amazing. The service quick. The atmosphere perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Testing patience at Cafe GratitudeqwertyDined on 4/26/2014We arrived for our 9pm reservation on Saturday. They seated us fairly quickly, as the restaurant was not full. After waiting, we never saw our server again for at least 20 minutes, when we flagged her down. After our order was taken, we waited another 20 minutes for our soup to arrive (only after telling our server that we had been waiting), another 15 minutes for the drinks (again, after telling our server that we were waiting for our drinks), and then subsequently, another half hour for our main course. Each inquiry into our meal was met with a bothered and exasperated reply, "It's coming." Considering how NOT full the restaurant was, it's no excuse for such poor service.
- eating organicSandyjkVIPDined on 4/25/2014Delicious vegan organic interesting meals with a lot of variety and caring sayings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Heaven!BeagleMomDined on 4/16/2014It's so nice to dine someplace with tons of vegan options. The polenta with mushroom ragu was so delicious, and there was enough to take home for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Fit for FoodieGourmetGourmandDined on 4/1/2014Who knew that dining vegan could be so satisfying? For this avowed foodie, I was wonderfully surprised by how truly tasty everything was. Our waiter recommended an eggplant and cashew cheese with added pesto sandwich and tacos filled with butternut squash, cashew cheese, and avocado. If this is what dining vegan tastes like, I just may be convinced to becoming an herbivore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but loud and rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014I have been here many times. I love that everything is organic and vegan. The noise level was riduculous. I could not here my waitress or the other people at my table unless we were nearly shouting. I also felt rushed. We had ordered appetizer, wine, food and dessert and planned on having a nice meal with friends. The waitress kept trying to take our plates before we were finished. I have always liked the food here and its so close to home; however may need to find a nice, quiet cafe with good vegan food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group really enjoyed allToinetteVIPDined on 3/28/2014Our group really enjoyed all the healthy and organic choices. The variety on the menu is excellent. The restaurant is very attractively decorated and well priced. The only problem was the noise level....people talking and even screaming very loudly, plus music playing It was hard to communicate with the waiter who to his credit got our orders right. All this compounded by hard surfaces that don't absorb noise well. I hesitate to return except on off hours when it's not full of people. We decided to have coffee and dessert elsewhere because the roar inside the restaurant was really uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Great!LAtoSFVIPDined on 3/23/2014I'm not usually into vegan food but the Humble Bowl is the delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Improve ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014While I enjoyed the food, the service or my server wasn't' that great. This was my first time eating at this location. Generally eat at the location in the Larchmont area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodalilabelleVIPDined on 3/22/2014you're going to get a weird vibe if you aren't a beach yoga-doing, meditation-loving vegan. it's a little contrived. but if you know what you're getting into, then you'll have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodDeelynnDined on 3/22/2014The food is really fresh and so flavorful. "Whole" is by far my favorite thing on the menu, the garlic tahini dressing is incredible and the variety of vegetables go together perfectly. The Zucchini Hummus appetizer is really really delicious. The two dishes that weren't the best was "Hearty" and "Awesome". "Awesome" was a little bit tastier than "Hearty" but the sundried tomatoes in "Hearty" were kind of overpowering and the taste was so bold it got old quick. The service was pretty poor. The waitress was nice and polite, but lacked attentiveness a great deal, everything we asked for took a long time and I noticed other people getting their food before us who sat down 10 -15 minutes after we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!kmw3000VIPDined on 3/20/2014I have been to the Cafe Gratitude on Larchmont and was excited to try this one. Even better!!! Yay!!!Special Features:
- Awesome foodLauraDined on 3/15/2014I love Cafe Gratitude, have been to several of their other restaurants in other cities. The food is awesome, vegan and organic, fresh and delicious. The menu has so many unique choices, really fun to eat there. The service is great, the wait staff all seem to love their jobs. And the desserts are out of this world. All raw, all good for you, but they taste as decadent as any cooked sugary concoction. I highly recommend Cafe Gratitude!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end veganMarlaPRDined on 3/12/2014My new vegan daughter loved her birthday lunch. Long time to get our food! But friendly, pricey, and a good time!Special Features:
- If you're a vegan, you'llSandJDined on 3/6/2014If you're a vegan, you'll love that you can order any dish you want off of the menu. Other than that, we found the food to be very ordinary.Special Features:
- Dining with friendsSonohloDined on 3/4/2014A long time friend invited us to go to lunch for his daughter's B-Day. We went and were pleased with the menu variety and selections. There are many vegetarian dishes and the ones we selected not only looked good, but were tasty. A good day, it was. BYW, validated parking in the below ground level lot was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggies... Meh.SkycenturionDined on 3/1/2014The food was fine. I wanted to try it because it was vegan, thinking that it would be super interesting and yummy since they had such good reviews. But it ended up being the same boring vegan food I have had. There really is only so much you can do with vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnevenfoodieDined on 2/21/2014If you are a skeptical-type person, you may have difficulties ordering, with such dish names as "I am awesome". But the vegan offerings are quite tasty, if not low calorie. (Cashew butter is used in quite a few of their dishes to simulate cheese sauce). The sauces are multi-cultural, ranging from harissa to basil to sesame/wasabi. All are flavorful. Service is very uneven--from charming to poor.
- Im greatful to have them aroundChefmattinDined on 2/15/2014This is not my first time, I use to go to the one in San Francisco. The food is always really good. I like the 2 tacos transformed with butternut squash and the service is very good as well and we got seated promptly. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great Vegan FoodJSnowDined on 2/14/2014If you like Vegan/Vegetarian, you have to try Cafe Gratitude.Special Features:
- Great service with a fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014I found Cafe Gratitude to be a friendly, open and cordial. It was very busy that evening, yet service was excellent and our waitress was stellar. She paid attention to details and were quite knowledgeable. Food was simply fabulous -- and was very healthy. Not only that all the dishes were promptly cleared and meals were paced just right. Superb service!Special Features:
- Grateful for friends and foodhotmommaDined on 2/12/2014Yummy vegan restaurant, although I believe Open Table categorizes it as vegetarian. Our meals were tasty, but a bit gummy with the added sauce. Restaurant claims to validate parking in the structure for 90 minutes. I was there just under the time limit and was charged $8.00 with validation.....Special Features:
- Always leave there feeling greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2014Maybe the best piece of key lime pie I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.