135 East Broadway
Jackson, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.genevievejh.com/
- Phone: 3077321910x
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN EVERY DAY
Brunch and Lunch, 8am-3pm
Happy Hour, 3pm-5:30pm
Dinner, starting at 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Joshua Governale
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Genevieve Catering is a full service off site catering company. We specialize in Weddings, Corporate and Charity Events, Western Barbecues, Intimate Gourmet Dinner Parties, Private Chefs. www.genevievecateringjh.com
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Genevieve will rent a portion or the entire restaurant out for private functions. Please call or email for rates.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rowe 3077321910x
- Entertainment: From Dixieland Jazz or Coltrane to Reggae and Wilco, there is always something interesting on the stereo.
A word from Cafe Genevieve
Cafe Genevieve is a popular spot in the downtown Jackson Hole dining scene. Serving "Inspired Home Cooked Classics " in a historic log cabin. Cafe Genevieve serves seasonal and local dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seasonal cocktails, local beer selection and an eclectic and affordable wine list round out the experience. Cafe Genevieve…Bringing the south to your mouth since 2010.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Genevieve - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Cafe Genevieve reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (42)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (28)hot spot (12)good for groups (10)romantic (10)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food and better companyHalibutMurphyDined on 10/11/2014Several weeks ago I had seen Cafe Genevieve featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and thought it would be a great place to have a belated 21st birthday celebration with my son following a backcountry trip in the Tetons last weekend. I made a reservation, which we subsequently missed due to a grizzly sighting that peaked our interest and delayed our arrival. Being the gracious folks they are, the staff held our reservation as I had emailed in advance and it was obvious they sensed this was a special occasion. When we were seated they made mention of this and made us feel right at home. Our experience consisted of a complimentary mimosa, huevos rancheros and fresh burgers served by great folks in a great place. Get there sooner than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Biscuit Board AppetizerJust2ofUSDined on 10/8/2014I really liked Cafe Genevieve. We came in for an early supper after having been in the car traveling all day from Cody, WY, where the restaurant selection is limited, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. The location is just off the town square in a beautiful old house with lots of outdoor seating under heaters available. We had the Biscuit Board Appetizer, which consisted of tiny little warm fluffy biscuits, homemade pimento cheese, salty ham wafer thin sliced, and some sweet/spicy mustard sauce. The combination was really interesting and we enjoyed it very much. The fried chicken w/ mac & cheese was excellent, and so was the turkey pannini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun in the TetonsFishyturnerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Just a little touch of Cajun cooking at the Cafe. The chicken fried steak was awesome - personal best for me and I've tried a ton of them. Quick, friendly service with very well prepared food. Everyone in our party of five was more than happy. Wine list was moderately priced with a few terrific value plays. A must in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly good mealHobokenkenVIPDined on 9/29/2014Service here is quite professional and we felt well taken care of. The food, both our entrees and starters were quite good as did everything else look to be the same that was coming from the kitchen. It should definitely go on your list if visiting Jackson.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place in JacksonKarenonbainbridgeislandDined on 9/28/2014We like Cafe Genevieve so much we went there two nights in a row. Everything we had was fantastic. Great Sazerac cocktail with the biscuit, ham and pimento these platter to start things off. Then we had salads, soup and entrees….all delish. Night two, we enjoyed some of the best cheeseburgers we've had in a very long time. The service was friendly and efficient. Really, why go anyplace else in Jackson, Wyoming?Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We visited Cafe Genevieve based on others' reviews, and we weren't disappointed. The service was efficient and pleasant, and the food was very good. We chose the trout and the pork ragu; both were tasty and well prepared. Was it the best food we've ever had? No, but it was very good, and for the price we enjoyed a pleasant evening at a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was greatLovelifeVIPDined on 9/23/2014We sat inside the first time and it was so loud it was piercing from all the talking but the second time we sat outside and it was much more tolerable. I guess I'm getting to old lol but food was really good so had to go back and brought both our little dogs with us and was great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cresenDined on 9/16/2014Have been visiting Jackson for over a decade this was our first visit to this location. Reservations were an option did confirm one online and easy to navigate on site. Outdoor dining did have heaters located in various locations to keep it comfortable. Service and staff were professional, order was served hot and quickly. All the selections had good flavor and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014After two days of road food, this is an oasisis for great food with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OkaypoochieDined on 9/14/2014Cafe Genevieve is in a quaint old house with ample outdoor seating. Very nice ambiance and not too noisy. I had the fried chicken and the specialty bacon appetizer. You'll either love or hate the candied bacon. The fried chicken was just Okay. It's not on my short list of places to go when I go to Jackson Hole, but it will do in a pinch.
- Outstanding!DressagedivaDined on 9/14/2014Food, all home-made, was delicious. Wait staff kind and attentive. Loved eating on the deck.Special Features:
- Quaint, friendly - and great foodPepperPDined on 9/13/2014We visited Café Genevieve on Saturday, September 13th. The place was crowded, but not uncomfortable. The atmosphere was casual and energetic. I had the roasted beet and arugula salad and the special which was a spicy Jambalaya. My husband had the trout. I had a glass of the house white wine - but it was too sweet for me. I replaced that with a glass of the Malbec - very good with my spicy Jambalaya. My husband's trout was beautifully prepared, and accompanied by sauteed spinach and red potatoes. He practically licked the plate. My salad was fresh and tasty and the Jambalaya was robust and very satisfying. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Had a very nice dinner in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014We really enjoyed our dinner outside on the front patio. It was way too hot to sit inside the restaurant - also dark and no view of anything. The food was good, especially the chocolate mousse pie - which was superb! Our server was friendly and helpful, and everything arrived promptly. Great spot for a casual, comfort-food type dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but not served hotsjs57VIPDined on 9/5/2014Had the Jambalaya last weekend. Our service was very good but they came out with lukewarm jambalaya. It was pretty tasty but would have been so much better if it was at a proper temperature. This place is almost good but there needs to be a little more attention to quality control.Special Features:
- Dog lovers welcome1jhlocalDined on 8/29/2014In addition to the innovative menu, excellent service, and wonderful ambiance, my dog is welcome on the deck. Being able to dine with my best friends and our canines is only possible at Cafe Genevieve.Special Features:
- What's Not To Love?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Great ambience (sat outside but inside is cozy), great food (fried chicken with mac and cheese caused me to go to confession the next day and halibut was perfectly cooked and fresh), great service (friendly and efficient) and wine selection (simple with good value). P.S. We also had a late breakfast/brunch there and the huevos with green chile were fantastic.Special Features:
- good experience in jacksonmarcoDined on 8/27/2014It was a pity about bluegrass concert. Website announced the concert but when i'm on site there wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014After discovering Cafe Genvieve on TripAdvisor and reading the reviews and that they had a Blues Night I booked as a surprise for my friends who were on their first visit to J Hole and thought that would kick off our Wyoming vacation perfectly. I was so embarrassed to be told on arrival that there was no band on that Wednesday.Had I known prior I would have chosen another venue with live music for our first night.However, the food was lovely ,the service was ok but the friendly warm welcome we have come to expect from Wyoming on previos trips was absent and atmosphere was definitely lackingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMaggieDined on 8/27/2014Food is excellent, drinks are generous and good quality, and the wait staff attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodWyomingCowboyDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch with our two grandchildren here. Food is always good and they are very accommodating to the youngsters.Special Features:
- Love Cafe GenevieveAspecVIPDined on 8/23/2014Liked it so much I went back for dinner. Delicious with the best barrel aged Manhattan I have ever had. You won"t be disappointed.Special Features:
- Very very DissapointingMARTYVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. WOW, what a real disappointment!!!!!!!! My husband ordered the salmon and I ordered the trout. YUK, both had no taste and were dry. I definitely would NOT send anyone to this place?we also ordered creamer brûlée . The bowl that it came in was very hot and the crime brûlée was very cold and the top was very burnt. Save your money and go to THE GRANARY! It is awesome and bequtiful views!Special Features:
- Pretty averageGreenMountaineerDined on 8/12/2014We had high expectations based on a local friend's recommendation. Overall, however, I would have to say that the meal was very average and overpriced. The "crispy skin" salmon was overcooked and far from crispy. The salads were wilted and seemingly pre-pepared and the sweet potato rolls tasted like stale grocery store white bread. Our waiter was competent, but stiff, humorless, and not particularly knowledgeable about the menu. Not terrible food, but very average. Stick with the burgers and you will be ok.Special Features:
- All-round top rate experiencepalermoDined on 8/11/2014My friend and I ate dinner at Cafe Genevieve the other night and loved every aspect of our experience: server was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable and we were pleased with his recommendations, we started with the lettuce wraps that were perfect: light but bursting with flavor. A complex but balanced wine-by-the-glass, well-prepared venison and pork chop, the most charming setting and a good price. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014We went for the brunch options but all of us ended up with one of their great sandwiches. Brother says the Ruben was truly one of the best. We also enjoyed the grilled cheese with bacon, the Cuban, their burger and the turkey Panini. Everyone cleaned their plates! All the food was great! Nice outdoor atmosphere and if your prone to bring your pooch out, they are dog friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Food and service is good - a bit off the busy town square. Decent value (relatively) for Jackson.Special Features:
- interesting menulauriebVIPDined on 8/7/2014we enjoyed our meal here. had a great martini and interesting appetizers-good salads. i had the rib eye and my husband had the burger both were excellent.would have loved it more if they had gluten free bread and pasta.most entree can be made gluten free.Special Features:
- Great Food in JacksonAPopalisDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I were in Grand Teton National Park for our first wedding anniversary. We travelled into Jackson to enjoy the restaurants and shops when we were not camping or hiking. We dined at Café Genevieve three times during our stay, once for dinner and twice for breakfast. Every meal was very good along with the service. The menu is varied and provides both hearty and light fare along with American and European style entrees. The fried chicken was crisp and flavorful, the huevos rancheros with chorizo very satisfying, and the pearl barley risotto with arugula pesto delicious. We highly recommend giving them a try!Special Features:
- Amazing saladsLuv2exploreVIPDined on 8/5/2014I went with friends for lunch while at conference. We had salads (arugula/beets and the pig's candy) which were huge, lightly dressed, and delicious. Casual, a bit noisy, but overall great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedbhakVIPDined on 8/4/2014We both ordered the Smoked Trout and Asparagus Salad, it would better be described as Smoked Trout and Arugula Salad. Not a lot of taste, just pieces of smoked trout, greens, tomatoes, red onion and small pieces of asparagus that were hard to find. Not a lot of flavor. We both felt that the smoked trout needed some flavor added to it - perhaps flaked and mixed with a some other ingredients.
- Don't miss the pig candyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2014We made our reservation about an hour before our dining time and when we showed up the said of your reservation just popped up and we don't have outside table. So we waiting about 15-20 mins before they sat us but it was a table literally right next to the door to the kitchen. Less than ideal to say the least with the wait staff coming and coming behind us and the noise from the kitchen. The pig candy for which they are famous is spiced candied bacon and really tasty if you like bacon. Worth it just for that the other food and service was good.
- Less than stellar mealYoginiDined on 8/3/2014Service was slow. We were seated outside and could smell garbage from the dumpsters. Kids burgers were on an over toasted English muffin. Fires were Overcooked. Chips were tasteless. Venison came out cold. Pork chop came out cold and definitely overdone, was smothered so much in a sauce you couldn't even see the huge bone in chop or the black bean salsa it sat upon. Husband sent venison back to be warmed, it returned warm with the beans on the bottom cold. Horrible meal we spent $100 for. Appetizer of biscuits, ham, pimento cheese was good. That was it. Very disappointing expensive meal.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014Jackson is dotted with restaurants catering to tourists. I had hoped for a better overall experience at Cafe Genevieve but was disappointed. The Huevos Rancheros were served warm, not hot and the dish was a sloppy mess (not in a good way). The chicken my companion ordered for his salad was inedibly dry and clearly left over from the day before. The servers were friendly but not interested in the quality of what was being served. The untouched chicken went unnoticed and we didn't care enough to make a big deal about it, we just wanted to get on with our day. I wouldn't return.
- Great JH DiningRickVIPDined on 8/1/2014Café Genevieve is consistently excellent. The best salads we have ever had - anywhere. The quality of the food, service, and ambience put other local restaurants to shame. Must dining in Jackson!Special Features:
- The Good, Bad and OKNapken3Dined on 7/30/2014The trout is wonderful, perfectly done but the pork chop was way overcooked. Service was attentive. Our blueberry pie came frozen. They comped the pork and pie.Special Features:
- All around averagePT3981Dined on 7/26/2014Service was good. Food was average and priced for Jackson Hole. We went there for the outdoor seating which allows for dogs. Good enough, not great.Special Features:
- Very quaintLilliDined on 7/24/2014All around great place . It helps to have a reservation . When the weather is nice , try to eat outside on their front patio .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014Promoted as Southern style but not really. Entrees served at 5 minute increments and fried chicken appeared to be reheated and rubbery.
- One of best lunch spots in townCoco09Dined on 7/24/2014Fantastic food, great ambiance. Ask to sit outside and enjoy people-watching and the cool weather. Salads are great. Love the paninis and burgers too. Definitely one of Jackson's top lunch /brunch spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014Lovely casual atmosphere - being able to sit on outside deck on a Jackson summer evening particularly great. Very good, fresh, local food and service.Special Features: