5104 Ocean Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34242Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafegabbiano.com/
- Phone: (941) 349-1423
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo DiCosta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available. Call for details.
- Entertainment: Live music on select days, call for details.
- Special Events: Wine pairing menu available Sunday and Tuesday to Thursday.
Sunset Baskets *Now Available* exclusively at Café Gabbiano
Bring the essence of Café Gabbiano, including our wide wine selection packaged for carryout, on your date with the picturesque Siesta Key Sunset.
A word from Cafe Gabbiano
Cafe Gabbiano is the best Italian fine dining experience on Siesta Key! We invite you to enjoy our carefully prepared authentic Italian cuisine and a world class selection of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cafe Gabbiano - Best Restaurants in Siesta Key ›
Cafe Gabbiano reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (32)notable wine list (32)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A gem on Siesta Key! Great Italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Great Italian food made to order. Veal Piccata special was ample, tender and mouth watering - both of us took a slice home! Cheese risotto is a perfect side dish. House salads were to die for - unique and perfectly balanced. Wines are great, and they have a huge selection. Server - Tommy - is the go to guy! He is knowledgable, warm, friendly but not intrusive, and a truly good server. Try this place - you will NOT be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Italian food in a quiet settingout4eatsDined on 11/16/2014This restaurant is old school, no pizza oven, basic wine list, but the menu, features many delicious Italian items ranging from pasta, fish, chicken and veal entrees. In a sea of loud seafood bar/restaurants, it is nice to find a low key spot with good food and on site parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Service, ServiceNewbeeDined on 11/14/2014This was probably the most accomodating restaurant I have visited in a long time. They go out of their way to meet your special requests. They do so in a cheerful and positive manner that makes you believe that they relish the idea of making adjustments to the menu or the food preparation to responds to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Servicerjs1Dined on 11/8/2014Disappointed with this visit. They had a large wedding group which demanded most of the staff's attention. The food was only warm and not hot. The service was slow. We had to wait for water , bread and food. They should have had more help knowing the sixe of the wedding plus mormal customer demand.
- WonderfullOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great food Very good waiter service excellent mostly the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!Snowbird2014Dined on 10/12/2014We always visit Cafe Gabbiano when we're in the Sarasota area. The food is outstanding, but the service makes this restaurant special. The waitstaff works as a team, and everyone is friendly and appears to genuinely be glad that you're there. Don't miss it - you'll be glad you went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulCLIFFSIDEVIPDined on 10/7/2014A friend told us how wonderful Cafe Gabbiano was and it was a must. We took the 45 minute drive 2 couples it was well worth it The selection was vast plus two tasting choice. Two of us had the tasting menu each dish was excellent. Our friends one had a vegetarian dish and one fish dish both equal wonderful Well worth the drive from anywhere in the Sarasota reservation a must for this small "Gem"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be excellent if they tried!LWRFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant needs to step up its game and stop hanging its hat on a prime location. The wait staff was slow and inattentive all evening. Could not even get a second glass of wine or keep my water glass filled! Ordered the Osso Bucco Ravioli which came out cold with a nondescript meat ragu sauce. Sitting on the outdoor enclosed patio might be nice if they had better furniture. The chairs are old with worn cushions and you sink to the wood base of the seat when sitting in the chair. Others were complaining about the uncomfortable seats as they were being seated. I had heard great things about this place from a foodie friend here in Sarasota and maybe they were just having an off night but I will not rush back here anytime soon.Special Features:
- Favplace1Favplace1Dined on 10/3/2014Our meal was excellent, drinks were very good. Very quiet night, which was great. Our server Tommy, we have had before, was good. Actually he remembered us as soon as he came to our table. Great night. Really love Cafe Gabbiano, one of my favorite places since we moved here a year ago. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Fine Food and WineDebPDined on 10/3/2014This wonderful place offers a fine selection of gourmet food choices and wine in a relaxing, intimate atmosphere. Great food. Great Service. In the heart of Siesta Key Village. What could be better? Definitely one of my favorite local spots!Special Features:
- Another great mealBobHVIPDined on 10/1/2014The veal was excellent. Don't need 50 characters to describe the food.Special Features:
- Must Dine HereBuoyBarSouthDined on 9/28/2014Café Gabbiano has a fabulous wine list (both by glass & bottle). We were very impressed with the milk-fed veal which is nearly impossible to find here on the west coast of Florida. Service was casual but attentive and friendly. We would recommend this restaurant highly!Special Features:
- this CHEF is awesome!!AhavaDined on 9/27/2014Had dinner for my birthday...saturday night 9-27...the food is always so so so so good! this chef is awesome love!! Thomas is a good server but needs to be polished. wine bottle hitting the rim of the glass, mixing old end of bottle wine with new fresh open bottle of wine. he does a good time with his timming too, but everything is always great. Thank you, will be back!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodItaly4UDined on 9/27/2014This is a great place on Siesta Key, where you will find delicious Italian food. The wine list was extensive and had a range of pricing. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMarvDined on 9/27/2014Gabbiano is, in my opinion, the best Italian restaurant in Sarasota. This is our second visit and it wsevery bit as good as the first visit. The food, service and ambiance are all first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian foodlocalDined on 9/20/2014first time visit. went with another couple. service was great, with several wait staff interacting with our table. lobster ravioli was wonderful, and the lasagna portion is huge! will be backSpecial Features:
- A great new finddeemarDined on 9/16/2014This was my first visit, and I was extremely impressed. The ambience is wonderful, and your staff was superb. They went out of their way to make everything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed!FfsnotsoproreviewDined on 9/16/2014I've been to Gabbiano's on many occasions and the fare is consistently good. The exception was the mussels appetizer several visits ago. I just wouldn't order that dish again. But, 3 out of 3 in our party were extremely happy with their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. We had reservations and when we arrived we were escorted to the back porch for the second time. I am not sure how they determine who sits inside. We were against the far end of the room. Our server came along and took our drink orders. He was a bit rushed and stated that he had tables throughout the restaurant and was busy. He explained the specials and we made our decisions and ordered. I had veal Marsala and my husband had the veal parmasean. Both entrees were delicious. We shared the frozen limoncello for dessert and it was very good. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Cafe Gabbiano's and everything was fantastic, we'll certainly return. It quickly became our favorite Italian restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real taste treat!LWRancherDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Gabbiano. He had a grouper and clam dish and I had the homemade raviolis with Ossobucco (veal) meat sauce. Both were very flavorful and the pasta was cooked perfectly. The grouper was moist and a nice thickness. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food againBobHVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food specials good as usual. Consistent . Good serviceSpecial Features:
- restaurant surpriseeatoutmavenDined on 8/31/2014I took some friends who had never been there, and they were totally impressed! The food was excellent, prices reasonable, and we were able to talk to each other without background noise. Also the ambience was excellent; I felt like we were in a high priced New York restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe GabbianoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Café Gabbiano is a gem on Siesta Key. We sat on the "climate controlled" patio this time. The last time we were seated in the bar area. They each offer a different ambience. The crab cake special was excellent as was the Scallopine Mam Lucia (my husband's choice). An excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLauraVIPDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is located in a tourist area. I thought it may be over priced etc. It was not. This was such a nice experience. We actually came back again later in the week to enjoy the food again. The waiter was attentive and had pride in his work and restaurant. His suggestions were perfect, since he actually listened to our likes and dislikes before answering. I only wish I had this restaurant in my hometown so I could come here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ExcellentDaveDined on 8/16/2014Both dishes we ordered were nothing short of excellent. We were in the wine cellar, which was somewhat dark for our liking; however it was very private and quiet. Service from our waiter, Tommy, was very good.Special Features:
- Name Not IncludedOkokDined on 8/15/2014When we checked in with the hostess she immediately tried to seat us at a table that was squeezed into the corner of a traffic pattern. We had to convince her to sit elsewhere. Keeping in mind that there were very few diners in the restaurant. Also, menu was top heavy on almost every dish having cheese on top of it.
- Lovely & Intimate EveningSASunshineDined on 8/13/2014We have a wonderful dinner out here. Restaurant is under new ownership with the same chef. 6 of us all had different dishes and each was so great. We were especially taken care of by the wait staff who were extremely attentive. Would highly recommend for a wonderful Italian night out on the town...Special Features:
- Siesta Key's best ItalianAuntyLyndDined on 8/13/2014Welcoming and accommodating hostess, knowledgable, personable, and attentive waitstaff (we recommend Tommy) Cafe Gabbiano makes you feel as if YOU are their most important guests! A favorite appetizer Antipasto Caldo (eggplant rollatini, mozzarella, panini, and grilled portobello) was no longer on the new menu -the chef made it to order - for the old price of $12.95. We savored the scaloppine Mamma Lucia (thin veal sautéed in Marsala with wild mushrooms and topped with eggplant and fresh mozzarella) and the special Veal Pizzailoa (thin veal sautéed with cherry tomatoes, white wine & herbs) and recommend the Parmesan risotto as the side. The food is delicious, prepared to order, and portions are generous. A "don't miss" on Siesta Key!!Special Features:
- Great spot on this little isle!DeniseVIPDined on 8/7/2014Delicious and charming. The inside is full of wine bottles and wood and reminds us of Italy. The waiters were helpful and kind and food was delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSuehart6670Dined on 8/3/2014Lovely night. It was our 5 year anniversary. We returned to the "scene of the crime" as we had dinner there after a romantic sunset wedding on the beach. Great food with the exception of one way over done steak. We sent it back and it took 20 minutes for a new steak to arrive. Overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for vegetarians!veg4meDined on 8/2/2014i had linguini and vegetables and to say i was disappointed would be an understatement
- Great PlaceJT34212Dined on 8/1/2014Since Moving to Florida about 16 months ago we found this little gem in one of the nicest places in the USA, Siesta Key Beach. The owners are wonderful and the staff is very accommodating every time. Seafood, pasta and the italian selections are prepared with sheer elegance. Great spot and more importantly, outstanding house wines!! Ciao.Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Cafe Gabbiano reviews archive.
- Great food, butBeeMoVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is based on one visit to Cafe Gabbiano in July 2014. It was our first time dining here prompted by an overheard recommendation. First and foremost the food is quite good and reasonably priced. For a calm weeknight the service was quite harried. Orders confused, incorrect dishes presented. All was made right, dishes replaced, a round of drinks on the house, etc. but there seemed to be no reason for this to happen. I can't imagine what service is like on a crowded night. As previously stated, the food was very good and perhaps this was just on 'off' night. We certainly will give Gabbiano another go.Special Features:
- Good foodAnnaDined on 7/26/2014The food was good. The service was okay. The chairs are horrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bambini? Better not...JoesieVIPDined on 7/24/20144th time at CG+we were truly disappointed. We made a reservation where seated where we had asked to be, all friendly and nice. Although it was obvious that our kids are a bit young for the regular menu we were not asked if we wanted to see the bambino menu neither was it given to us without asking for it. Our food+wine were good,the service was very poor, although not many tables were occupied. Kid's beverages were simply forgotten+when we tried to order a dessert for them we were just told that the ice cream would be made with alcohol, no alternative given. Wow-for a so called italian place pretty bambino unfriendly, kids+ parents were disappointed, not sure if the food is good enough for us to return.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 7/21/2014Very good restuarant experience. We went there to celebrate a birthday, and it definitely helped to make the occasion a special one.Special Features:
- First time visitCalcbertDined on 7/19/2014Excellent setting, food was very good. Waiter was attentive BUT our group of 6 had to wait a LONG TIME for the dinners to arrive. Peter, the owner/manager(?) responded by giving the table a free bottle of wine. Thanks. We will ALL be back to this "hidden gem"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Very bad service by Marc good food and better winesSpecial Features:
- Great italian foodLidoEdDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I had a very pleasant dinner there last Sat. night. The food was good, the service was good and the prices were a little high but the portions made it worth it. My only minor complaint was that their house wines at $9.25 per glass were high, $7 or 7.50 would have been more in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.