5104 Ocean Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34242Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafegabbiano.com/
- Phone: 9413491423x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo DiCosta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available. Call for details.
- Entertainment: Live music on select days, call for details.
- Special Events: Wine pairing menu available Sunday and Tuesday to Thursday.
Sunset Baskets *Now Available* exclusively at Café Gabbiano
Bring the essence of Café Gabbiano, including our wide wine selection packaged for carryout, on your date with the picturesque Siesta Key Sunset.
A word from Cafe Gabbiano
Cafe Gabbiano is the best Italian fine dining experience on Siesta Key! We invite you to enjoy our carefully prepared authentic Italian cuisine and a world class selection of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cafe Gabbiano - Best Restaurants in Siesta Key ›
Cafe Gabbiano reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (35)special occasion (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- this CHEF is awesome!!AhavaDined on 9/27/2014Had dinner for my birthday...saturday night 9-27...the food is always so so so so good! this chef is awesome love!! Thomas is a good server but needs to be polished. wine bottle hitting the rim of the glass, mixing old end of bottle wine with new fresh open bottle of wine. he does a good time with his timming too, but everything is always great. Thank you, will be back!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodItaly4UDined on 9/27/2014This is a great place on Siesta Key, where you will find delicious Italian food. The wine list was extensive and had a range of pricing. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMarvDined on 9/27/2014Gabbiano is, in my opinion, the best Italian restaurant in Sarasota. This is our second visit and it wsevery bit as good as the first visit. The food, service and ambiance are all first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great new finddeemarDined on 9/16/2014This was my first visit, and I was extremely impressed. The ambience is wonderful, and your staff was superb. They went out of their way to make everything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed!FfsnotsoproreviewDined on 9/16/2014I've been to Gabbiano's on many occasions and the fare is consistently good. The exception was the mussels appetizer several visits ago. I just wouldn't order that dish again. But, 3 out of 3 in our party were extremely happy with their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. We had reservations and when we arrived we were escorted to the back porch for the second time. I am not sure how they determine who sits inside. We were against the far end of the room. Our server came along and took our drink orders. He was a bit rushed and stated that he had tables throughout the restaurant and was busy. He explained the specials and we made our decisions and ordered. I had veal Marsala and my husband had the veal parmasean. Both entrees were delicious. We shared the frozen limoncello for dessert and it was very good. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Cafe Gabbiano's and everything was fantastic, we'll certainly return. It quickly became our favorite Italian restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real taste treat!LWRancherDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Gabbiano. He had a grouper and clam dish and I had the homemade raviolis with Ossobucco (veal) meat sauce. Both were very flavorful and the pasta was cooked perfectly. The grouper was moist and a nice thickness. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food againBobHVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food specials good as usual. Consistent . Good serviceSpecial Features:
- restaurant surpriseeatoutmavenDined on 8/31/2014I took some friends who had never been there, and they were totally impressed! The food was excellent, prices reasonable, and we were able to talk to each other without background noise. Also the ambience was excellent; I felt like we were in a high priced New York restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe GabbianoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Café Gabbiano is a gem on Siesta Key. We sat on the "climate controlled" patio this time. The last time we were seated in the bar area. They each offer a different ambience. The crab cake special was excellent as was the Scallopine Mam Lucia (my husband's choice). An excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLauraVIPDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is located in a tourist area. I thought it may be over priced etc. It was not. This was such a nice experience. We actually came back again later in the week to enjoy the food again. The waiter was attentive and had pride in his work and restaurant. His suggestions were perfect, since he actually listened to our likes and dislikes before answering. I only wish I had this restaurant in my hometown so I could come here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ExcellentDaveDined on 8/16/2014Both dishes we ordered were nothing short of excellent. We were in the wine cellar, which was somewhat dark for our liking; however it was very private and quiet. Service from our waiter, Tommy, was very good.Special Features:
- Name Not IncludedOkokDined on 8/15/2014When we checked in with the hostess she immediately tried to seat us at a table that was squeezed into the corner of a traffic pattern. We had to convince her to sit elsewhere. Keeping in mind that there were very few diners in the restaurant. Also, menu was top heavy on almost every dish having cheese on top of it.
- Lovely & Intimate EveningSASunshineDined on 8/13/2014We have a wonderful dinner out here. Restaurant is under new ownership with the same chef. 6 of us all had different dishes and each was so great. We were especially taken care of by the wait staff who were extremely attentive. Would highly recommend for a wonderful Italian night out on the town...Special Features:
- Siesta Key's best ItalianAuntyLyndDined on 8/13/2014Welcoming and accommodating hostess, knowledgable, personable, and attentive waitstaff (we recommend Tommy) Cafe Gabbiano makes you feel as if YOU are their most important guests! A favorite appetizer Antipasto Caldo (eggplant rollatini, mozzarella, panini, and grilled portobello) was no longer on the new menu -the chef made it to order - for the old price of $12.95. We savored the scaloppine Mamma Lucia (thin veal sautéed in Marsala with wild mushrooms and topped with eggplant and fresh mozzarella) and the special Veal Pizzailoa (thin veal sautéed with cherry tomatoes, white wine & herbs) and recommend the Parmesan risotto as the side. The food is delicious, prepared to order, and portions are generous. A "don't miss" on Siesta Key!!Special Features:
- Great spot on this little isle!DeniseVIPDined on 8/7/2014Delicious and charming. The inside is full of wine bottles and wood and reminds us of Italy. The waiters were helpful and kind and food was delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSuehart6670Dined on 8/3/2014Lovely night. It was our 5 year anniversary. We returned to the "scene of the crime" as we had dinner there after a romantic sunset wedding on the beach. Great food with the exception of one way over done steak. We sent it back and it took 20 minutes for a new steak to arrive. Overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for vegetarians!veg4meDined on 8/2/2014i had linguini and vegetables and to say i was disappointed would be an understatement
- Great PlaceJT34212Dined on 8/1/2014Since Moving to Florida about 16 months ago we found this little gem in one of the nicest places in the USA, Siesta Key Beach. The owners are wonderful and the staff is very accommodating every time. Seafood, pasta and the italian selections are prepared with sheer elegance. Great spot and more importantly, outstanding house wines!! Ciao.Special Features:
- Great food, butBeeMoVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is based on one visit to Cafe Gabbiano in July 2014. It was our first time dining here prompted by an overheard recommendation. First and foremost the food is quite good and reasonably priced. For a calm weeknight the service was quite harried. Orders confused, incorrect dishes presented. All was made right, dishes replaced, a round of drinks on the house, etc. but there seemed to be no reason for this to happen. I can't imagine what service is like on a crowded night. As previously stated, the food was very good and perhaps this was just on 'off' night. We certainly will give Gabbiano another go.Special Features:
- Good foodAnnaDined on 7/26/2014The food was good. The service was okay. The chairs are horrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bambini? Better not...JoesieVIPDined on 7/24/20144th time at CG+we were truly disappointed. We made a reservation where seated where we had asked to be, all friendly and nice. Although it was obvious that our kids are a bit young for the regular menu we were not asked if we wanted to see the bambino menu neither was it given to us without asking for it. Our food+wine were good,the service was very poor, although not many tables were occupied. Kid's beverages were simply forgotten+when we tried to order a dessert for them we were just told that the ice cream would be made with alcohol, no alternative given. Wow-for a so called italian place pretty bambino unfriendly, kids+ parents were disappointed, not sure if the food is good enough for us to return.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 7/21/2014Very good restuarant experience. We went there to celebrate a birthday, and it definitely helped to make the occasion a special one.Special Features:
- First time visitCalcbertDined on 7/19/2014Excellent setting, food was very good. Waiter was attentive BUT our group of 6 had to wait a LONG TIME for the dinners to arrive. Peter, the owner/manager(?) responded by giving the table a free bottle of wine. Thanks. We will ALL be back to this "hidden gem"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Very bad service by Marc good food and better winesSpecial Features:
- Great italian foodLidoEdDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I had a very pleasant dinner there last Sat. night. The food was good, the service was good and the prices were a little high but the portions made it worth it. My only minor complaint was that their house wines at $9.25 per glass were high, $7 or 7.50 would have been more in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianpamstlVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was delicious! Some of the best veal we have had. Really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Place1sideoftown2anotherDined on 7/2/2014This was our first visit and it was facilitated by a Living Social offer. We were greeted warmly, promptly seated at a lovely table and quickly visited by our server who welcomed us and asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. When informed that the four of us were celebrating an anniversary and a birthday, she cutely told us that something special would be arriving. Drinks promptly were served and our order was placed after the specials were revealed. Bread was warm and crispy. Each of us found our selections to be outstanding, whether a special offering or a standard menu item--my deboned veal chop parm (thinly pounded) was fabulous. Dinner was followed by a complimentary desert wine and a nice tiramisu. We'll return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChloeDined on 7/2/2014Very good food, will definitely go back. We all had different seafood entrees and we were all very pleased with the food, presentation, serving sizes, and the wine. We can't wait to try the pasta dishes!!Special Features:
- ddd22ddd22Dined on 7/1/2014When selecting CG, we didn't realize that the restaurant was still offering the Savor Sarasota Deal, but decided to opt for it when we saw that it was still available. The food was superb, however, we were somewhat surprised when the entrees, as delicious as they were, arrived without any accompaniment, rather unusual for an Italian restaurant not to offer a side of pasta or vegetable with the main course!! Do the restaurants see the special requests/comments given when the reservation is made? We indicated that we were celebrating an anniversary- no acknowledgement!!Special Features:
- Disappointed Plusluv2trynuDined on 6/26/2014For our first visit, I had sent the restaurant an email 2-3 days before my reservation requesting a romantic setting as we were celebrating our 44th anniversary. Have yet to hear back. We were placed in a small room with several loud diners. I ordered a cocktail that was not mixed correctly & sent it back so I settle for close. The server never came back to see if I would like anything else to drink, we finally flagged down another server & I got an iced tea. In the meantime our server had decided to camp out at a nearby table & paid us no attention the rest of the meal. We ordered lobster ravioli but never found the lobster. This was an extremely disappointing visit, we will not return.Special Features:
- Yummy Italian and Gluten Friendly!pamd3313VIPDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I and our 2 children (ages 6 and 11) went to Cafe Gabbiano after spending the day at the beach. We chose to sit inside because of the heat. Our server was friendly and professional, and brought coloring pages to the children. The children and I had tortellini soup, buffalo mozzarella with pesto and crostini, pasta with vodka sauce, and pasta with butter. The vodka sauce was light but flavorful. My husband had a sautéd chicken breasts with mozzarella in a white wine, butter, garlic sauce with a touch of tomato added. His dinner came with a side of GF pasta as well. My husband who has Celiac couldn't get over how delicious the sauce on the chicken was. Our server brought coloring pages for the children. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Good food, great service, impressive wine list and really cool dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014Ouch...they ran out of Grouper after telling everyone about a great Grouper special of the night. Run down decor, and seemed like a tired staff. No one introduced themselves by name. Not a place that we would rush back to. The pasta dishes were good.Special Features:
- Bday dinnerNenaDined on 6/21/2014I took my BF there 4 his bday and overall everything was great. Especially courtesy of the bday tiramisu cake. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014Changed owners a couple of years ago and went from a outstanding to average. Menu very limited.
- Changed and OddDefiniteOpinionsVIPDined on 6/10/2014Hadn't been in a couple of years. Decor has "streamlined" -- we were the only ones in the large room at 7 (another party with kids had departed) and the hostess seated a loud couple directly beside us instead of anywhere else in the empty room. Annoying to say the least. Waiter was exceptionally good--and very knowledgable about the large, diverse wine list. They were well staffed. Mozzerella in caprese salad was amazingly good-semi soft and fresh. Way too much salt in the mushroom sauce. Despite having few patrons that night, we only saw the owner as we were walking out -- no presence in the dining room. It has been a mainstay in the Village for many years--will probably continue on.Special Features:
- Unorganized staff & too many issuesPatriciaDined on 6/7/2014This is a lovely restaurant on Siesta Key; the food was excellent, but the staff is unorganized. A wedding party was having their reception and the bride finally has to request they block off their dining area, as people were walking through to find the restrooms. The staff had disagreements with other staff members and discussed them in front of patrons. We had reservations and they had to move us to three different tables. We had dinner with wine paring, but the first selection came without the wine. Patrons were complaining as their food took over a hour. Parking was at a minimum and it took us 20 minutes to find a parking place and no valet. What a shame; the food was good, but the owner needs to take a hard at the issues.Special Features:
- A must for localsLuv2EatOutDined on 6/7/2014The food was great. Not your typical Italian selection or flavor. Had read about the ambiance of indoor dining area but did not get a chance to eat inside. The outside patio is nice and comfortable but not my style. Too many of natures creatures flying about while your trying to eat. Will try the indoor dining next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.