Cafe Fresco - Center City
215 N 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Fresco - Center City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafefresco.com/
- Phone: (717) 236-2599
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Travis Mumma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cafe Fresco serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Monday through Friday. Local caterings are available for breakfast and lunch for groups of ten or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Fresco's Level 2 lounge offers countless options for events of all sizes and styles. Whether you're planning a fundraiser, business function, reception, or rehearsal, we have the space and menu options to suit all.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Fertenbaugh 717-236-6600x
- Entertainment: Cafe Fresco infuses chic decor with trendy music creating the perfect setting for your dining experience. After dinner, step upstairs to Level 2 where the hottest DJs from the East Coast lay down the tracks for the ultimate VIP experience.
A word from Cafe Fresco - Center City
Since our opening in 2005 Café Fresco has been the premier destination for those seeking the ultimate dining experience. Located in the heart of Harrisburg's Restaurant Row, Café Fresco features Asian American flavors alongside premium wine and drink specialties. From the moment of your arrival you will be enveloped in our elegant and relaxing space and paired with an experienced server to guide you through a beautiful meal. Join us soon and take part in the Café Fresco Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Fresco - Center City - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
Cafe Fresco - Center City reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)romantic (31)special occasion (29)hot spot (29)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- good choice in HarrisburgRickVIPDined on 11/17/2014this was my 3rd visit to Cafe Fresco. Food is very good and the service is solid. One of the best restaurants in Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurants in townTG271000VIPDined on 11/14/2014Cafe Fresco has the best menu, food, drinks, and atmosphere in town and the service is outstanding. The food, drinks and deserts are amazing. Everyone there always makes you feel truly welcome to be there, which is why we like to frequent Cafe Fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sets a standardJennyDined on 11/8/2014Cafe fresco downtown is a great place whether you're dining with friends or a fiancé. The menu provides both eclectic choices that deliver good flavors. There was also interesting adult drink options but since I was a little under the weather I did not partake in this visit. We had a wonderful and informative server Lawerence who was passionate about the menu. I can not think of any negative critique. Looking forward to next dining experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAK0Dined on 10/31/2014This was our 3rd time at Cafe Fresco and we will go again sometime. We've tried a few different options on the menu and been very pleased as well as one or two of the specials. Its a little on the upscale pricey side and we enjoy trying resturants like that from time to time, but we rarely return. So for us its nice to find one enough to return and its been good on all our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulSusieDined on 10/18/2014I love this restaurant every time I go. Thank you for another flawless experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as alwaysHBGfoodie21Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing food! There's not a menu item yet I've had that wasn't fabulous. Fantastic cocktails to pair with any dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pan AsianBbdjjdVIPDined on 10/11/2014Have been here a few times over the past two years and menu or the staff have never let us down....Special Features:
- Good AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great selection of appetizers perfect to share. Our entrees weren't too impressive (Scallops and Fried Rice). A bit overpriced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!SusieDined on 9/19/2014This place just does not disappoint. I absolutely love everything about it every time I dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDisappointedFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Our server was very attentive and personable. I appreciated his recommendations. The food was delicious. I loved the salmon sliders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelDined on 9/18/2014Service, Food and Surroundings...outstanding...who could ask for more!Special Features:
- The best of Harrisburg!MPaulJCVIPDined on 9/17/2014I am so glad that I found. Cafe Fresco. The Asian fusion flavor of the menu, coupled with fantastic decor and a top notch staff (host/hostess on down) makes this a can't miss for my trips to Harrisburg.Special Features:
- Hidden GemKeysh32Dined on 9/13/2014Cafe Fresco sits on 2nd st hidden between bars and random buildings. You would never think that this place is as amazing as it was. From the ambiance to the food to the level of service provided, everything was outstanding! I definitely plan on going back and experiencing the greatness that is Cafe Fresco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!jbeszDined on 9/6/2014Cafe Fresco has amazing food. Everything was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The staff was friendly and polite. Our service was quick, but we did not feel rushed. The only minor complaint was that it was slightly too dark inside. Otherwise the decor was contemporary and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionnotagourmetDined on 8/23/2014We are new to the Harrisburg area and followed a bar tender's recommendation for a restaurant for an anniversary dinner. We're glad we did. Cafe Fresco has an eclectic / fusion menu and a good cocktail menu. The Boulevarier and New Old Fashioned are good but the Jamison Sour was just so-so. Try the shrimp tacos for an appetizer. The beef and pork entree's we had were very good and Brad our waiter was very helpful. We intend to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway delicious!TshedDined on 8/23/2014The menu has been significantly updated and improved with more fish and steak options which is great. The dishes are always very good. Calif/Asian with some great additions! Always please to eat there! The service and staff are always excellent!Special Features:
- Great place for rehearsal dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Our group of 10 was waited on wonderfully! I'd recommend this place for any occasion the food is fantastic .Special Features:
- Great if you have lots of timesheepdogDined on 8/20/2014The food was excellent and the chef modified items based on food allergies. The entrees were tasty and did not lose anything based on the Chef's modifications. The sous chefs however may not be as attentive to detail as the Chef. I am allergic to onions and garlic and I was presented a plate with scallions on it. The wait time was very long considering there were not many people in the restaurant. I appreciate that special attention to allergies may take time but I HAVE NEVER WAITED THAT LONG BEFORE. The waiter was aware of our allergies and gluten sensitivity and was knowledgable about the dishes and sauces and what ingredients they contained.Special Features:
- DelightfulDelightfulDined on 8/15/2014Very hip place with friendly staff and interesting menu. I got the scallops with whipped sweet potato and a side of Brussel sprouts. It was very good but someone at my table got the miso glazed trout and I had dinner envy. Her portion was two very large pieces of fish and generous rice and salad accompanied it. I would go again, and try something else. The wine was fabulous both in taste and the happy hour price of $6 added to the pleasure.Special Features:
- Asian Fusion in the heart of H'burgPaleoChowHoundDined on 8/4/2014Cafe Fresco was in the "Fine Dining" section of the local-restaurants list I got at the Courtyard Marriott, so I decided to take a chance, and made a reservation on their website. Arriving on a Monday night, the place was nearly empty. The service was courteous and efficient, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was chic (colorful, subued lighting; mellow trip-hop on the stereo, with the TV at the bar turned down low enough to be inaudible at my table). I had the Spicy Tuna Tartare, Tea-Smoked Duck, and a small peach sakeh. All were excellent, and the tab came to a very reasonable $50. I'll definitely be coming back to Cafe Fresco next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Amazing atmosphereaLmaDined on 8/2/2014This place has never been anything but amazing. The service is extraordinary, drinks are the best in town and the food is always cooked to perfection. They have something for everyone on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare findbethDined on 8/2/2014The food was inventive, fresh and very clean interesting flavors. Staff was very warm and gracious. Prices were extremely reasonable. Would absolutely return when in the city. Great selection of bottle beer and extremely good house wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food Wonderful AmbiencehungryboyDined on 7/25/2014I always enjoy dinner at Café Fresco. The food is delicious, delicately seasoned and presented beautifully. I also enjoy that I can order tried and true dishes or try something completely new and different. Never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 183 reviews are from the Cafe Fresco - Center City reviews archive.
- Service is flawless!dine4lyfeDined on 7/11/2014All I have to say is WOW! Make sure you ask for Trevor! His food knowledge is outstanding and has charisma that can turn any frown upside down! We love this guy! Make sure you try the charred filet of beef and the features are always spot on!Special Features:
- wonderfulSusieDined on 7/7/2014As expected, everything was great. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableJimSDined on 6/23/2014If for anything else, this place is consistent....consistently great. Every menu item is good and flavorful. Usually, I would recommend something but the entire menu is worth trying and believe me...it will be difficult to choose. Many thanks to Travis for his culinary flair and great food.Special Features:
- Good, but too rich to frequentTonyDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and good service. Small beer list, large cocktail selection. A bit too expensive compared to similar restaurants with similar menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealJaimeb31Dined on 5/31/2014I have been to Café Fresco a few times now and am never disappointed. I was out with some friends who had never been there who complimented me on my restaurant pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGal84Dined on 5/31/2014The food and atmosphere is great but I do believe it's overpriced. I bought 2 sushi rolls for an appetizer for my table, 1 taco appetizer, and 2 simple chicken meals and 3 drinks. My bill was $102. The one meal wasn't anything I couldn't find at any corner Chinese restaurant (chicken & brocolli, rice/cashews). You're paying more for the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperiencePBRGHGUYDined on 5/28/2014Amazing food, amazing drinks and amazing service. Could not have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTakeMyWordForItDined on 5/24/2014Had a truly beautiful time. Food and service were beyond exceptional. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Best in HarrisburgTshedDined on 5/23/2014Continually the best California/Asian flaire restaurant. Always something good on the menu. Great service!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningMikeDined on 5/23/2014This is not my first time at Cafe Fresco. Their food for dinner is surprisingly good. They have some nice options you won't find anywhere else. However, what keeps me coming back is the service. I've been twice, and had the same waiter both times. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, etc. It's not your standard college kid trying to make some extra money waiting tables. He is a waiter who is actually very good at what he does, and he appears to take his job seriously. His service is something we've told friends about just as much as the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to beTazzerDined on 5/21/2014Cafe fresco never fails to deliver. Friendly courteous staff, amazing food in a quiet romantic atmosphere. Great for special occasions. A gem in downtown Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!LoveLunchDined on 5/20/2014We had various seafood dishes and everything was cooked perfect. The service was excellent when we first arrived, till when the bill was paid. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperiencedakotahDined on 5/17/2014Very good dining experience - the food was prepared well and in a timely fashion and the service was on-spot. We also got a booth in the back which took the experience from good to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation dinnerileneDined on 5/17/2014While the food was prepared quite well, tasty and decorative, some items were quite large and some quite small; for example: the Pad Thai was very large, even for our hungriest of diner, as opposed to the Miso Black Cod, which was very meager - lots of great tasting veggies, but a very small piece of fish (about 3 inches square), even though this entree was still quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done, Cafe FrescomisstuttiDined on 5/10/2014This is the third or fourth time I've eaten at Cafe Fresco and I have NEVER been disappointed. This time around, our waiter was extremely attentive and professional. A shout-out to the unique American-Asian fusion menu! It was hard to select a dish, there were so many interesting choices. My Szechuan calamari appetizer was delicious and beautifully presented, and my Mongolian BBQ short ribs were melt-in-your-mouth tender and delicious. The banana-walnut dessert was fantastic! Cocktails were generous and well-poured, and the recommended Pinot Noir was excellent. I think Cafe Fresco is one of the best choices for an upscale restaurant in the region.Special Features:
- Superb as Usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Bravo! Thank you for an enjoyable evening! Food, drinks, chocolate lava cake was exquisit! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Favorite Place for Date Nightlangio68Dined on 5/9/2014I've yet to be disappointed by Cafe Fresco Center City! Anything my wife or I have tried has been phenomenal. Great service and atmosphere. I love IPA's and am always happy that they have at least 3 IPA's on their beer list anytime I ever go there. I'm not much of a wine drinker but appears to have quiet a list of wines but more importantly is making the wife happy with their Pear Martini that she loves! They make a good drink! I would recommend Cafe Fresco to anybody, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.