Cafe Fresco - Center City
215 N 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Fresco - Center City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafefresco.com/
- Phone: 7172362599x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Travis Mumma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cafe Fresco serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Monday through Friday. Local caterings are available for breakfast and lunch for groups of ten or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Fresco's Level 2 lounge offers countless options for events of all sizes and styles. Whether you're planning a fundraiser, business function, reception, or rehearsal, we have the space and menu options to suit all.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Fertenbaugh 717-236-6600x
- Entertainment: Cafe Fresco infuses chic decor with trendy music creating the perfect setting for your dining experience. After dinner, step upstairs to Level 2 where the hottest DJs from the East Coast lay down the tracks for the ultimate VIP experience.
A word from Cafe Fresco - Center City
Since our opening in 2005 Café Fresco has been the premier destination for those seeking the ultimate dining experience. Located in the heart of Harrisburg's Restaurant Row, Café Fresco features Asian American flavors alongside premium wine and drink specialties. From the moment of your arrival you will be enveloped in our elegant and relaxing space and paired with an experienced server to guide you through a beautiful meal. Join us soon and take part in the Café Fresco Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Fresco - Center City - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
Cafe Fresco - Center City reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (31)romantic (30)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DelightfulDelightfulDined on 8/15/2014Very hip place with friendly staff and interesting menu. I got the scallops with whipped sweet potato and a side of Brussel sprouts. It was very good but someone at my table got the miso glazed trout and I had dinner envy. Her portion was two very large pieces of fish and generous rice and salad accompanied it. I would go again, and try something else. The wine was fabulous both in taste and the happy hour price of $6 added to the pleasure.Special Features:
- Asian Fusion in the heart of H'burgPaleoChowHoundDined on 8/4/2014Cafe Fresco was in the "Fine Dining" section of the local-restaurants list I got at the Courtyard Marriott, so I decided to take a chance, and made a reservation on their website. Arriving on a Monday night, the place was nearly empty. The service was courteous and efficient, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere was chic (colorful, subued lighting; mellow trip-hop on the stereo, with the TV at the bar turned down low enough to be inaudible at my table). I had the Spicy Tuna Tartare, Tea-Smoked Duck, and a small peach sakeh. All were excellent, and the tab came to a very reasonable $50. I'll definitely be coming back to Cafe Fresco next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Amazing atmosphereaLmaDined on 8/2/2014This place has never been anything but amazing. The service is extraordinary, drinks are the best in town and the food is always cooked to perfection. They have something for everyone on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare findbethDined on 8/2/2014The food was inventive, fresh and very clean interesting flavors. Staff was very warm and gracious. Prices were extremely reasonable. Would absolutely return when in the city. Great selection of bottle beer and extremely good house wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food Wonderful AmbiencehungryboyDined on 7/25/2014I always enjoy dinner at Café Fresco. The food is delicious, delicately seasoned and presented beautifully. I also enjoy that I can order tried and true dishes or try something completely new and different. Never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is flawless!dine4lyfeDined on 7/11/2014All I have to say is WOW! Make sure you ask for Trevor! His food knowledge is outstanding and has charisma that can turn any frown upside down! We love this guy! Make sure you try the charred filet of beef and the features are always spot on!Special Features:
- wonderfulSusieDined on 7/7/2014As expected, everything was great. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but too rich to frequentTonyDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and good service. Small beer list, large cocktail selection. A bit too expensive compared to similar restaurants with similar menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealJaimeb31Dined on 5/31/2014I have been to Café Fresco a few times now and am never disappointed. I was out with some friends who had never been there who complimented me on my restaurant pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGal84Dined on 5/31/2014The food and atmosphere is great but I do believe it's overpriced. I bought 2 sushi rolls for an appetizer for my table, 1 taco appetizer, and 2 simple chicken meals and 3 drinks. My bill was $102. The one meal wasn't anything I couldn't find at any corner Chinese restaurant (chicken & brocolli, rice/cashews). You're paying more for the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperiencePBRGHGUYDined on 5/28/2014Amazing food, amazing drinks and amazing service. Could not have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTakeMyWordForItDined on 5/24/2014Had a truly beautiful time. Food and service were beyond exceptional. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Best in HarrisburgTshedDined on 5/23/2014Continually the best California/Asian flaire restaurant. Always something good on the menu. Great service!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningMikeDined on 5/23/2014This is not my first time at Cafe Fresco. Their food for dinner is surprisingly good. They have some nice options you won't find anywhere else. However, what keeps me coming back is the service. I've been twice, and had the same waiter both times. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable, helpful, attentive, etc. It's not your standard college kid trying to make some extra money waiting tables. He is a waiter who is actually very good at what he does, and he appears to take his job seriously. His service is something we've told friends about just as much as the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to beTazzerDined on 5/21/2014Cafe fresco never fails to deliver. Friendly courteous staff, amazing food in a quiet romantic atmosphere. Great for special occasions. A gem in downtown Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!LoveLunchDined on 5/20/2014We had various seafood dishes and everything was cooked perfect. The service was excellent when we first arrived, till when the bill was paid. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperiencedakotahDined on 5/17/2014Very good dining experience - the food was prepared well and in a timely fashion and the service was on-spot. We also got a booth in the back which took the experience from good to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation dinnerileneDined on 5/17/2014While the food was prepared quite well, tasty and decorative, some items were quite large and some quite small; for example: the Pad Thai was very large, even for our hungriest of diner, as opposed to the Miso Black Cod, which was very meager - lots of great tasting veggies, but a very small piece of fish (about 3 inches square), even though this entree was still quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done, Cafe FrescomisstuttiDined on 5/10/2014This is the third or fourth time I've eaten at Cafe Fresco and I have NEVER been disappointed. This time around, our waiter was extremely attentive and professional. A shout-out to the unique American-Asian fusion menu! It was hard to select a dish, there were so many interesting choices. My Szechuan calamari appetizer was delicious and beautifully presented, and my Mongolian BBQ short ribs were melt-in-your-mouth tender and delicious. The banana-walnut dessert was fantastic! Cocktails were generous and well-poured, and the recommended Pinot Noir was excellent. I think Cafe Fresco is one of the best choices for an upscale restaurant in the region.Special Features:
- Superb as Usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Bravo! Thank you for an enjoyable evening! Food, drinks, chocolate lava cake was exquisit! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Favorite Place for Date Nightlangio68Dined on 5/9/2014I've yet to be disappointed by Cafe Fresco Center City! Anything my wife or I have tried has been phenomenal. Great service and atmosphere. I love IPA's and am always happy that they have at least 3 IPA's on their beer list anytime I ever go there. I'm not much of a wine drinker but appears to have quiet a list of wines but more importantly is making the wife happy with their Pear Martini that she loves! They make a good drink! I would recommend Cafe Fresco to anybody, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.pyt11Dined on 5/9/2014We have been coming to Fresco since it opened. Food is fantastic. Love the diverse menu choices. Love to introduce friends to this place. They are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!DawnDined on 5/2/2014We love dining here or just coming for drinks and appetizers! It is right in the middle of everything downtown town! Upstairs has awesome music ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownCRR3rdDined on 4/26/2014The restaurant is consistently good. Its menu is diverse and always interesting. Most likely the best restaurant in downtown Harrisburg.Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Cafe Fresco - Center City reviews archive.
- Great choiceMAK0Dined on 3/29/2014We didn't know about this place ahead of time and actually selected it from the OpenTable list of top 10 restaurants in the area. (we are a little out of touch) It was very nice, upscale and trendy, out kids (in the twenties) would have enjoyed it too. There was only 1 dinner special and we did not try it, but everything we did order was excellent. The server informed us out appetizer, the crab mac & cheese would take about 10 minutes to prepare. It was excellent as Mac & cheese go and they did a great job of timing leaving a short delay from finish of the app to to the dinner arriving. Unfortunately no dessert but the one at the table next to us looked great. (maybe next time no app) We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer servicewesj1Dined on 3/26/2014We made a reservation for 15 minutes before the kitchen closed, unbeknownst to us. They gleefully accommodated us, the food and service were very good. Cafe Fresco has become a Harrisburg favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu OptionsBerniDined on 3/20/2014Pleasantly surprised at the Asian-influenced menu. Sushi special a bit light on the promised crab but still good. Octopus salad excellent and lightly dressed. All in all a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome date night!SofiasMomDined on 3/15/2014This restaurant is absolutely amazing! The service was fantastic. The waiter knew everything and answered all of our questions. He's recommendations were on point. The chicken dumplings were amazing along with the mongolian salmon and the pad thai. Our drinks were unique and mixed extremely well. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One not to be missedMitsosDined on 3/15/2014Took the wife here for the first leg of our night on the town celebration of St. Patty's Day. The menu was well thought out and different from the last time we were here. Everything was prepared to perfection and was well executed and delicious. I highly recommend the artisan cheese plate as an appetizer to share. My steak was cut, marbelized, and prepared to perfection. The only drawbacks are that it is not all that intimate of an environment as the couples on either side of us were so close that we could have easily conversed with them. Maybe that is the point. The service was very good, not outstanding. Everyone was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, but there were definite lulls in attention on drink refills. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Center CityDougWDined on 2/26/2014I stayed in Harrisburg recently on a work trip. On the advice of a friend, we made a reservation at Cafe Fresco. It was awesome! The service was awesome, the martini menu was fantastic, and the food and dessert were off the charts! Our server was very attentive to our orders and even made a special note of a food allergy in case any of the groups food was going to be prepared close to someone else's order which contained the allergen. This was super nice to do for one person in our group. The food came out quickly and between the drinks, the food, and the dessert, I could not have been more impressed. We will be back again the next time we are in town for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in love.SusieDined on 2/22/2014I absolutely love coming to this restaurant. My boyfriend recently moved to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg area and we came after receiving a gift card. We have been twice and have loved every second of the experience both times. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor hostingbreadmanDined on 2/15/2014Food was fantastic, waiter was fantastic, however the hostess need to learn how to handle situations. We arrived on time for our special occasion where we specifically requested a private table. Upon entering we inquired if they in fact had a private table. They said they did. Then they tried to seat us at a table for two that was anything by private. The small tables may as well be dinner guests with the next tables. They did not offer us anything else until we fussed a little. we gladly waited 10 min until a private table was open, but they should not have told us they had a private table at the beginning. Overall we have never had a bad meal there in the many visits we have had. Wait staff is great! Overall it is worth visiting.Special Features:
- good food...little expensiveBBBBDined on 2/15/2014Food was amazing, some of the best we've had in a long time. But everything was a little expensive, so this isn't an every weekend type of restaurant. Also, for such an expensive restaurant for the area, the sitting was very casual. We sat at the side-by-side type booth seating with couples on both sides where we could hear everything they said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They booked to many reservationsLuvcafeDined on 2/14/2014They booked to many reservations on Valentine's day. We had to wait 20 min. For our table. They tried to pack to many people into a little space. I love this place anyways but other customers were not happy about the over booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic4ladiesDined on 2/7/2014Don't miss this establishment - outstanding menu and wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced ambiencefoodcriticDined on 1/31/2014This was my second time visiting this restaurant and it was a lot worse that I remembered from the first time. Here were the shortcomings: 1) The tables are too close together and it is impossible to have a quiet romantic meal 2) The food is overpriced for what you receive. I paid 27 dollars for 5 scallops and beans. I left the restaurant feeling hungary and yet I had spent over 120 dollars for two people. 3) The waiter staff had too many tables to cover and were not attentive enough. 4) Chairs were uncomfortable The best part of the restaurant was the downtown location and ambience to a degree, but my romantic date turned out to be overpriced and left me hungary with a backpain.Special Features:
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014The food was amazing! We loved the Asian flare. The atmosphere is very neat as well -- very contemporary and eclectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive serviceAnniversaryPADined on 1/14/2014Staff were excellent responding to our needs for gluten free and lactose free individuals in our party of 6. It was a birthday celebration, and the meal went very well. Food was fitting with the price, and was tasty and interesting. Good options for Asian and American. Service throughout was helpful, friendly, at hand and yet not intrusive. My wife has added the place to her roster for "girls nights" with her friends. One attribute could be improved -- the airport lounge style "wedge" chairs are not particularly comfortable when seated at table; the height from knee to floor is a little too much unless you are well over 6 foot tall. Their immobility is also a drag when packed closely at the table. Otherwise, a very pleasant dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceMusicalArchDined on 1/11/2014We came in from out of town to see a concert at The Whitaker Center and found this gem. They were able to accommodate us when we missed our reaervation time due to not being familiar with the area. The food and drinks were great! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2013Another outstanding meal made better by expert service. Trevor has spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.