563 W Los Angeles Ave
Moorpark, CA 93021Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafefirenze.net/
- Phone: (805) 532-0048
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For your special occasion, indoor or outdoor party, meeting, celebration or any other type of event, we offer a variety of planned and custom designed menus to accommodate your Catering needs. Our services include but are not limited to: Corporate Catering, Weddings, Cooking Class Style Party, Studio Craft Services, Multi-day Events, Charity and Fund Raising Events, Holiday Parties, and Birthdays. Please contact our Director of Special Events - Andrea Pogany at (818)219-5920
- Private Party Facilities: Please email or call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Bobbi Busicko (805) 532-0048x3
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Evenings.
A word from Cafe Firenze
Cafe Firenze is an Italian Restaurant and Martini Lounge located in Moorpark.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Firenze - Best Restaurants in Moorpark ›
Cafe Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (54)special occasion (52)good for groups (46)romantic (42)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Our first visit and we're hooked!RenaVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were in the area and saw this restaurant in opentable.com. We absolutely loved everything about this place? The food was superb, the environment was great our service was excellent. Our server Tim gave excellent recommendations and was very genuine with our family. We WILL be back. I can't wait to try their brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandAboutOutandAboutVIPDined on 11/15/2014As always the food was delicious - every plate was completely free of any crumb. We hosted several friends in town and they loved it, said they could come back to Moorpark for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Service was stellar and the attention to detail was incredible. No dish leaves the kitchen without the executive chefs approval. Will recommend to all friends and will definitely be returning! Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGhappyfoodieDined on 11/9/2014I went to Cafe Firenze with 2 of my friends for a birthday lunch. I had gone to an event that was catered by Cafe Firenze and we couldn't wait to go back. The staff, food, ambiance, everything was just incredible! We had a great time and will definitely be back very soon!Special Features:
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014The facility is great. This time we were in the wine room (?) to the right of the hostess stand and it was quiet even though there was live music in the bar area. Overall, the meal was solid with the filet and arugula salad a standout because the filet was seasoned and grilled expertly. Some of the issues and oddities were: the menu was from December 2013 even though it is November 2014 (come on, invest in the menu a bit!); the non-alcoholic beer listed is not the one served (hello, old menu!); we ordered the calamari, but that order was ignored by the kitchen and they gave us entrees straightaway; the tiramisu was way too rich due to too much mascarpone and not enough lady fingers. We'll likely be back, but some Fabio-luster has worn off.Special Features:
- Go for brunch!!!!GsquaredDined on 11/2/2014For is amazing as always! Never disappoints. Mimosas and sticky buns make brunch the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun restaurant in a great locationpickyeaterDined on 11/1/2014I made our reservation online with instructions to try and put our table for twelve guests near the kitchen. We had exactly what I asked for, or table was right in front of their kitchen and away from the most bar. I used the link on the website to order my wife flowers to be delivered to the restaurant...they were a big hit! The flowers were really beautiful and added some nice ambiance to the table. We brought our own wine and they kindly culled and corked then for us. The food was great. The server, Ross, was very nice and professional. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local excellencecavenatorDined on 11/1/2014Wife and I came here this past Saturday night for a much -needed date night. Cafe Firenze did not disappoint! We were promptly taking care of and brought to our table. Our server was kind, helpful and very professional. First we ordered drinks. Wife ordered the Basalmic Margharita and I got the Fat Tuesday (whiskey drink). Both were excellent. Our server was helpful in informing us that we can get side portions of the pasta entrees (smaller portions for about 1/2 the price) since I had inquired about getting a side of the Truffle Gnochi along with my NY Strip Streak (which was cooked to perfection). My wife ordered the Seafood Linguini and it was excellent! Too stuffed to eat anymore but it was a great night with great food!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceLouise43Dined on 11/1/2014Cafe Firenze is a very nice restaurant with the most outstanding and accommodating staff! The salad, my husband's ravioli and the Chianti were nice; The sole, however, though a generous tasty portion was very hard/crusty around the edges making it impossible to finish. This was strange as this particular fish is usually very tender overall. I prepare this at home so I am speaking from experience. It was a pleasant evening so did not want to spoil it by complaining about the fish.Special Features:
- John & AbrahamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Made our entire evening special so wanted to say Thank you to them what an outstanding job for this special occasion one we will remember for a very long time! the food was amazing and our service impecable thank you again! Renee ClarkSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful Continental RestauranthealthyeatingDined on 10/23/2014Café Firenze has delicious food and an amazingly sophisticated environment even though it right off New LA Ave next to many stores. The service was excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just done right..ChefD65VIPDined on 10/22/2014I am not usually impressed with the celebrity chef thing I worked for Wolfgang puck for several years, but Chef Fabio Vivani has done something different here and that is, he hasn't let this whole thing go to his head and forgotten what this is all about, just making people happy. At cafe Firenze from the wonderful hand crafted cocktail list to the wine list the management who will always remember you to the great waitstaff, the appetizers to the entrees, you know what you getting and you are going to be happy about it. Vivani has created a comfortable atmosphere with quality food that is not pretentious and worth going back to every week. Wine Wednesday is my favorite the wine expert picks a great mix that never disappoints.BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe FirenzeLesthepressVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time here after hearing many positive reviews for a while now. We got off to a slow start waiting for our server to appear (and open our wine), but once he came, things went well. We all loved what we ordered and really liked our dining experience. We plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Great experience.SimiRichDined on 10/17/2014The food is great, the service was awesome and the overall experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Overpriced under achievedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014My family took me to this restaurant for my birthday dinner last weekend and we were all disappointed with our food: the taste, the serving size, and the price. $140.00 for a family of four, very small portions and very sweet. They kindly brought a birthday treat to the table but it was not very tasty. I appreciate the efforts that it takes to prepare beautiful and delicious meals but unfortunately this experience did not live up to expectation.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2014Food is always great, one of the best Ribeyes, anywhere. Fish is always exceptional, the specials are imaginative. the burata salad is a must have. Staff is very friendly, and welcoming. The side dishes of vegatables are scrumptious and never disappoint. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- One of the BestPastaLoverVIPDined on 10/11/2014The pastas we ate at Cafe Firenze were among the best we have ever eaten. The sauces were so good that if we hadn't been brought up with good manners, we would have licked the plates. The Caesar Salad was excellent and our server Marissa was delightful. Despite the 30 minute drive, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLindyDined on 10/11/2014My BF had never been to Cafe Firenza, and we had never sat at a Chef's counter. It was awesome! Chef John is great to watch, listen to and of course his food is amazing, and sweet! We had Chef John .serve us, he asked if we had any allergies, or "don't eats", and then we were off to an amazing experience. The only negative was the bread pudding, which my BF chose, so not sure if Chef John would have served that? The bread pudding was dry and dense, not up to Cafe Firenza's food standards! The rest of our food was amazing, we both recommend an experience at the Chef's Counter. Caution: It's loud, as this is where all the kitchen action is, like sitting in the middle of a chefs cooking show, so yelling, loud pots etc. We loved it!Special Features:
- Unbelievable service but:FirenzedudeDined on 10/7/2014The service was so impeccable that I didn't have the heart to mention that the food was very salty. I had the same truffle gnocchi the week before and didn't recall it being that salty. Next time I will specifically mention to leave off any added salt, if I get it again. Firenze is still and always will be the dining gem of Moorpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite placesmea7397Dined on 10/2/2014Love the food, love the service. always come here for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My husband and I loved the entire experience! The staff was awesome! Especially Chef John Paolone who makes us feel special every time we are there! Service is 2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Firenze is a Local FavoritelovetoeatDined on 9/23/2014I live in another city and come here when I can to enjoy the wonderful Italian food and dining atmosphere. Not only is the food excellent but the servers always make you feel at home and they make sure that you have everything you need. My favorite entre is the Short rib ravioli. I love the house salad and the key lime pie. This is a gem!Special Features:
- Use to be great!GoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014Back in the day this use to be one of the best spots in town with great food and amazing service. Maybe it was on off night for them but both have dropped significantly.Special Features:
- First Time DisappointmentNelsonTVIPDined on 9/6/2014After several years of flawless service and food, we had a horrible experience. My wife ordered an eggplant dish that was served with a semi-cooked egg on top. She did not notice on the menu that it listed "baked egg" or she would not have ordered due to allergy with eggs. It took 12 minutes to get a replacement of another dish - my papardelle was cold by that time. The waiter did not offer to heat it up or inquire why my plate had not been touched after so long a time. The manager brought us a "complimentary" dessert as a gesture of the inconvenience we experienced. When we received the bill, we were charged for the dessert! At that point, I would think that it would be appropriate to remove the charge for her dish, as well. Bad night!Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambiance!!!lovesitalyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful food and service!! Will definitely return to this charming Italian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dining experiencegreatdiningDined on 8/31/2014This gem has been in my backyard (i live in moorpark) for some time now. Finally have had the chance to go there to celebrate my son's birthday. Well worth it!! Food out of this world, service was impeccable - all in all a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat food!!YummyDined on 8/31/2014We always have a great meal each time we go!! Surprised they have a great kids menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!Foodie1013Dined on 8/30/2014What a great Italian restaurant. The service was outstanding, the selection is very nice (we loved the black truffle gnocchi), and the drinks we awesome. The best part was the price was not outrageous. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurfVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service is great. Management care, but as a first time customer the food was not what I expected. Had to send back a featured dish because it was so bad and the replacement was not much better. Will not return
- GREAT RESTAURANTRonnyDined on 8/27/2014When travelling from NJ to Los Angeles, my mom and sister wanted to eat at Cafe Firenze because they saw the owner Fabio Viviani on Top Chef, as well as The Chew. Unfortunately, we could not go to Café on the 27th, but they easily changed the date to the 28th to accommodate us. The appetizer that we had, Pancetta Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp which was Stuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese – Sauteed Garlic Spinach – Creamy Polenta, featured two HUGE pieces of shrimp. Each dish that we were served was fantastic. The staff was very hospitable, as the sous chef, upon hearing that we were from NJ and drove an hour from our hotel to eat at the establishment, came out to talk with us. Even the manager talked with us for several minutes. Will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceDiningExperienceDined on 8/26/2014The food was stunning (in the words of Gordon Ramsay), great atmosphere, servers and other staff members very friendly. We will definitely return to dine there. Every dish from the appetizer to the main course even the bread dip that they bring in the beginning absolutely delicious. Portions are good and the dishes look is very appetizing and elegant. Mixed drinks were very good. Even the price is pretty reasonable for the fancy dishes and special drinks they serve. You have to try their dessert drinks, they are divine.Special Features:
- No longer great... just good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014Its a solid place, but it has lost its edge. Menu is trying to have a bit of everything and last few visits nothing was outstanding. Still good. Still a nice place in the area. No longer 'Special'. I will surely go back when I am in the area. But better food along 101.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fantastic!! Service could have been a little better. Surprised to see there was LIVE music in the small bar area. Although musician was good, it was too loud and drowned out common sounds in the dining area. caused friction since we were unable to hear each other talk at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Food was good but nothing to rave about. Good ambience. Romantic feel.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationLuncherDined on 8/20/2014We went on a Wednesday and added wine tasting to our meal. There were four of us and we all ordered different entrees to share. It all made for a very fun evening.Special Features:
- Cafe Firenze is a fun placeLasagnaLoverDined on 8/17/2014There needs to be something outside that takes the flies away. We spent a lot of timing swatting flies away trying to enjoy our dinner. The sea bass was excellent and fairly prices. Otherwise an excellent dinner. Good prices and excellent service by SandySpecial Features:
- Cafe FriendsMmmmmmVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Firenze is more like walking in to a Cafe full of friends, serving delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of parties!AmyTVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good; service was mediocre, but our waitress (Sandy) was very anxious to "turn" our table; noise was too noisy to hear anything. Further, a wedding rehearsal dinner of about 35 guests was booked in the room where we were seated. The room should have been "blocked" for this party, but the restaurant probably wanted to maximize their space, and revenues, thus we were seated with the party. This made for a very uncomforbale evening as the party continued to celebrate while we tried (hard) to have a nice dinner. Other guests next to us were "put out" as well. Certainly not what I expected as I've dined at Cafe Firenze prior to this evening.Special Features:
- Live musicLAIserviceDined on 8/9/2014After a yummy dinner, 6 of us girls....in town for a Girl's Weekend....decided to have a night-cap in the bar. There was live music- guy playing a guitar and singing. His voice was terrific, unfortunately, he wasn't engaging at all....kind of a downer to a really great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better for dinner than brunchtravelerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We usually have great experiences at this restaurant, but this was not one of them. The Sunday brunch menu is fairly limited. It has breakfast items and sandwiches, as well as some of their more popular entrees. Unfortunately, the short rib ravioli which is usually excellent was cold when it came to the table. The club sandwich was good but must have had a wasabi mayo or something spicy which was not indicated on the menu. The focaccia bread was also very dry. Service as usual was very good, but the kitchen definitely could have been better.