563 W Los Angeles Ave
Moorpark, CA 93021Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafefirenze.net/
- Phone: 8055320048
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Viviani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For your special occasion, indoor or outdoor party, meeting, celebration or any other type of event, we offer a variety of planned and custom designed menus to accommodate your Catering needs. Our services include but are not limited to: Corporate Catering, Weddings, Cooking Class Style Party, Studio Craft Services, Multi-day Events, Charity and Fund Raising Events, Holiday Parties, and Birthdays. Please contact our Director of Special Events - Andrea Pogany at (818)219-5920
- Private Party Facilities: Please email or call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Bobbi Busicko (805) 532-0048x3
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Evenings.
A word from Cafe Firenze
Cafe Firenze is an Italian Restaurant and Martini Lounge located in Moorpark.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Firenze - Best Restaurants in Moorpark ›
Cafe Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (43)romantic (37)good for groups (33)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My husband and I loved the entire experience! The staff was awesome! Especially Chef John Paolone who makes us feel special every time we are there! Service is 2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Firenze is a Local FavoritelovetoeatDined on 9/23/2014I live in another city and come here when I can to enjoy the wonderful Italian food and dining atmosphere. Not only is the food excellent but the servers always make you feel at home and they make sure that you have everything you need. My favorite entre is the Short rib ravioli. I love the house salad and the key lime pie. This is a gem!Special Features:
- Use to be great!GoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014Back in the day this use to be one of the best spots in town with great food and amazing service. Maybe it was on off night for them but both have dropped significantly.Special Features:
- First Time DisappointmentNelsonTVIPDined on 9/6/2014After several years of flawless service and food, we had a horrible experience. My wife ordered an eggplant dish that was served with a semi-cooked egg on top. She did not notice on the menu that it listed "baked egg" or she would not have ordered due to allergy with eggs. It took 12 minutes to get a replacement of another dish - my papardelle was cold by that time. The waiter did not offer to heat it up or inquire why my plate had not been touched after so long a time. The manager brought us a "complimentary" dessert as a gesture of the inconvenience we experienced. When we received the bill, we were charged for the dessert! At that point, I would think that it would be appropriate to remove the charge for her dish, as well. Bad night!Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambiance!!!lovesitalyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful food and service!! Will definitely return to this charming Italian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dining experiencegreatdiningDined on 8/31/2014This gem has been in my backyard (i live in moorpark) for some time now. Finally have had the chance to go there to celebrate my son's birthday. Well worth it!! Food out of this world, service was impeccable - all in all a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat food!!YummyDined on 8/31/2014We always have a great meal each time we go!! Surprised they have a great kids menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!Foodie1013Dined on 8/30/2014What a great Italian restaurant. The service was outstanding, the selection is very nice (we loved the black truffle gnocchi), and the drinks we awesome. The best part was the price was not outrageous. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurfVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service is great. Management care, but as a first time customer the food was not what I expected. Had to send back a featured dish because it was so bad and the replacement was not much better. Will not return
- GREAT RESTAURANTRonnyDined on 8/27/2014When travelling from NJ to Los Angeles, my mom and sister wanted to eat at Cafe Firenze because they saw the owner Fabio Viviani on Top Chef, as well as The Chew. Unfortunately, we could not go to Café on the 27th, but they easily changed the date to the 28th to accommodate us. The appetizer that we had, Pancetta Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp which was Stuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese – Sauteed Garlic Spinach – Creamy Polenta, featured two HUGE pieces of shrimp. Each dish that we were served was fantastic. The staff was very hospitable, as the sous chef, upon hearing that we were from NJ and drove an hour from our hotel to eat at the establishment, came out to talk with us. Even the manager talked with us for several minutes. Will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceDiningExperienceDined on 8/26/2014The food was stunning (in the words of Gordon Ramsay), great atmosphere, servers and other staff members very friendly. We will definitely return to dine there. Every dish from the appetizer to the main course even the bread dip that they bring in the beginning absolutely delicious. Portions are good and the dishes look is very appetizing and elegant. Mixed drinks were very good. Even the price is pretty reasonable for the fancy dishes and special drinks they serve. You have to try their dessert drinks, they are divine.Special Features:
- No longer great... just good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014Its a solid place, but it has lost its edge. Menu is trying to have a bit of everything and last few visits nothing was outstanding. Still good. Still a nice place in the area. No longer 'Special'. I will surely go back when I am in the area. But better food along 101.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fantastic!! Service could have been a little better. Surprised to see there was LIVE music in the small bar area. Although musician was good, it was too loud and drowned out common sounds in the dining area. caused friction since we were unable to hear each other talk at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Food was good but nothing to rave about. Good ambience. Romantic feel.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationLuncherDined on 8/20/2014We went on a Wednesday and added wine tasting to our meal. There were four of us and we all ordered different entrees to share. It all made for a very fun evening.Special Features:
- Cafe Firenze is a fun placeLasagnaLoverDined on 8/17/2014There needs to be something outside that takes the flies away. We spent a lot of timing swatting flies away trying to enjoy our dinner. The sea bass was excellent and fairly prices. Otherwise an excellent dinner. Good prices and excellent service by SandySpecial Features:
- Cafe FriendsMmmmmmVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Firenze is more like walking in to a Cafe full of friends, serving delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of parties!AmyTVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good; service was mediocre, but our waitress (Sandy) was very anxious to "turn" our table; noise was too noisy to hear anything. Further, a wedding rehearsal dinner of about 35 guests was booked in the room where we were seated. The room should have been "blocked" for this party, but the restaurant probably wanted to maximize their space, and revenues, thus we were seated with the party. This made for a very uncomforbale evening as the party continued to celebrate while we tried (hard) to have a nice dinner. Other guests next to us were "put out" as well. Certainly not what I expected as I've dined at Cafe Firenze prior to this evening.Special Features:
- Live musicLAIserviceDined on 8/9/2014After a yummy dinner, 6 of us girls....in town for a Girl's Weekend....decided to have a night-cap in the bar. There was live music- guy playing a guitar and singing. His voice was terrific, unfortunately, he wasn't engaging at all....kind of a downer to a really great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better for dinner than brunchtravelerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We usually have great experiences at this restaurant, but this was not one of them. The Sunday brunch menu is fairly limited. It has breakfast items and sandwiches, as well as some of their more popular entrees. Unfortunately, the short rib ravioli which is usually excellent was cold when it came to the table. The club sandwich was good but must have had a wasabi mayo or something spicy which was not indicated on the menu. The focaccia bread was also very dry. Service as usual was very good, but the kitchen definitely could have been better.
- One of the Best in the AreaJimGDined on 8/2/2014We had a birthday dinner for my wife with our extended family and it was an absolutely great time! My wife and son had the pork chop and it was terrific. Two of our people tried the roasted chicken and the chicken scallopini and my son had the flat bread pizza - all were wonderful. I had the wheat spaghetti which is one of my favorites and it did not disappoint. I would highly recommend this place for any occasion or just for a nice romantic or family dinner.Special Features:
- Nouveau Italiano!FabiolousDined on 7/26/2014Been wanting to try Fabio's restaurant for a while, but were worried as it is his restaurant and we prefer a casual atmosphere that isn't jam packed. I made reservations, and arrived 45 mins early but was seated promptly. The place was not packed and loud, but was just right. Our server was apparently new, but we thought he was just overly conscientious by checking on our questions if he didn't know the answer. We had the jumbo prawns wrapped in pancetta on risotto for apps-delish! I tried the got-to-get-right-for-italian-restaurant -Spaghetti and Meatballs-delish! Bread with sauce-Delish. 12 yr old daughter had pancetta, cheese & arugula pizza-delish!. The deserts were a tad small, but on point and truthfully right sized.Special Features:
- Great eveningPaPaMartyDined on 7/25/2014We have been to the restaurant at least a dozen times and always enjoy our evening. Took friends for the first time Friday and they truly ernjoyed themselves. All of us will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!ItalianoVIPDined on 7/17/2014My family and I celebrated two birthdays and a graduation here I'm the past two months and both were fantastic!! My he food and service were amazing. Our waiter Ross and his assistants were great. Can't wait to go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerslovetoeatDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food and ambiance. We will be going back soon!Special Features:
- FirenzemoronVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had known about this great italian restaurant for a while, but had not had the opportunity to visit. The food and service were good and there was a great variety of pastas, meats and fish on the menu. Great appetizers of which I would strongly recommend the the pancetta shrimp. Coffee was a little weak, not up to the boldness you would expect at an Italian restaurant, but other than that it was a good experience. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite!!KellieGDined on 7/11/2014Cafe Firenze is a special place! It's the complete package! When you first enter it's doors, you are struck by the beautiful, rich decor that feels warm and inviting. The main dining room is great for every day or special occasions, and affords a view of the kitchen. The patio is lovely year round. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. Our very favorite is Ross! You quickly feel like family here. And then there's the food...John is an amazing chef who consistently provides fresh and unique dishes. There are new specials every week. We stopped opening our menus ages ago, and happily try the latest creations. Special care is given to every detail here, from the cocktails to dessert, and we are ALWAYS glad we came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(WillKeepTryingDined on 7/5/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Café Firenze. The first time the food was good but not (great)what we had expected and returned the dessert. We ate in the back room which has no atmosphere. The second time food was good (again), mainly because it was not HOT. The steak dish was sent back to be heated. The rest of us had the fish special and should have sent them back. The risotto was wonderful, but not hot. Wine list was good. Had ordered the Firenze House wine but got something else because it was not available, this wine was very good. Atmosphere is very noisy, but so are we. Does make it a bit hard to talk. We will try again. Would have loved to see a Cioppino on the menuSpecial Features:
- My reviewfoodluverDined on 7/5/2014The pasta was a bit hard they said they had just gotten the new pasta machine so maybe they were trying to work out the kinks:-( I had a feeling that they were trying to rush us out, which was a shame. I loved the music & the rest of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckDined on 6/27/2014A friend recommended it. Was told it had the best food in Ventura County. Beautiful warm interior, friendly staff, and everyone in my party really enjoyed their food. You could tell the chefs put a lot of thought into the flavors and presentation. A winner!Special Features:
- Dinner and a showGsquaredDined on 6/21/2014Had a great time this weekend with family and friends. We had seats right in the front of the kitchen and got to see the delicious food being made right before our eyes. The food and drinks and service never disappoint. I always run into or see adam their events planner there as he's always friendly and it's just such a great place. Top notch guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies NightWineandDineDined on 6/18/2014My mom and I come on Wednesdays with a bottle of our favorite wine (since first corkage fee is waived on Wednesday). The food is always absolutely amazing, my personal favorite is the short rib ravioli, however, their specials can be killer as well! The service is also up to par! We had Abraham this last time and he was phenomenal! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would guess?JackBauerDined on 6/15/2014We were very surprised and very happy dining at this establishment. Everything was 1st class. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayChristineDined on 6/15/2014Treated my husband and kids to brunch for Father's day, and it surely wasn't as exciting as Easter brunch. I understand that a full out buffet isn't in demand for Father's day, like it is for Mother's day and Easter. We ordered off the menu and the food was quite good. The only thing that was odd this time was the service. While the staff was very friendly, they weren't as attentive as we had experienced in the past. My husband was frustrated that his cup of coffee was always empty, and they had to be reminded to refill it. I was never asked if I wanted more Iced Tea. Anyway, as return customers we will not give up on this gem of a restaurant, however, I hope this isn't the norm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpromises, under-delivers.MariDined on 6/14/2014Service was ok - waitress missed an additional soup order which we said was fine at the time; had we known how awful the special pasta was, I should have insisted on getting my soup in the end. The filet was excellent, melt in your mouth. The seafood pasta was tasty. The special pasta - a fusilli-like pasta with ridges- was with a duck confit and was undercooked. Then, when we sent it back since raw pasta can have adverse effects on the stomach, the server apologized and said they'd "remake" it - ie microwave the bejeezus out of it. For a 20$ pasta dish, that'd pretty sad. I feel like the restaurant has succumbed to relying on its "celebrity" founder-figure. Pretty disappointing for a joint Father's Day and Birthday celebration.
- Prices up, food not greatlunarose47Dined on 6/13/2014We've been going to Cafe Firenze for years but for various reasons have not gone for the past several months. During that time it seems that the prices have gone way up and the quality of the food doesn't seem as good as in the past. I ordered an Ahi Tuna Salad and it was not cooked to my specifications (medium rare) so it had to be brought back to the kitchen. While it was tasty enough there wasn't much to eat for the money. My husband wasn't crazy about his pasta stuffed with squash which, in the past, was always his favorite dish.Special Features:
- The BEST!!BeyondSatisfiedDinerDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Café Firenze, a restaurant we've been wanting to visit for some time. We were told it was the best. I have to say, it is one if not the best restaurant we've ever been to. The food is absolutely delicious! The service is outstanding! (You have to go to know what I mean.) The interior is beautiful! There is no way anyone could leave there having not enjoyed ALL of it. My suggestion....GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian foodiesensoryfoodDined on 6/4/2014Cafe Firenze is one of two of the best restaurants in Ventura County. I love to bring friends for their first experience and watch them savor the food. My dream is to one day sit at the chef's table. I talk to the waiters and find out all the ingredients so I can try to replicate the dish at home for my family. I can't recreate the ambiance though! I've been to Italy twice and this is the closest place to the canals of Venice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkiwiDined on 6/3/2014We have been to Cafe Firenze a couple of times & just went back to celebrate a birthday. The food & service couldn't have been better. We all thoroughly enjoyed our evening & can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The following 1056 reviews are from the Cafe Firenze reviews archive.
- This place has gone downhillTOemptynesterVIPDined on 5/31/2014Sorry to say that both the service and kitchen, once a pleasant surprise in Moorpark (we've gone since it opened), have gone downhill to a point that my wife and I will probably not go back anytime soon. Soups were barely warm by the time they were too slowly delivered to the table. Minestrone stock was not properly chopped; lobster bisque was essentially a plain consommé with some cream--no depth or richness. Sea bass and short rib mains were dry and lacked flavor--the impression is that the restaurant is not obtaining quality ingredients to start with. Both were also under sauced, so by the time we plowed through each it was a relief to finish. Much too loud a room, this place has become a social scene occupying a culinary corpse.