New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafefiorello.com/
- Phone: 2125955330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:30am, Saturday 3:00pm - 12:30, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Solinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The intimate private dining room provides and elegant oasis within the restaurant's lively atmosphere for up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Erika Farber or Carmen Bottoms 2122650100
A word from Cafe Fiorello
A forum for Lincoln Center’s performing arts culture for nearly 30 years, Café Fiorello features a sprawling bar filled with more than 50 kinds of antipasti. Finished in warm wood, brass and mirrors, the main dining room suggests a timeless charm. In addition to the hot and cold antipasto specialties of vegetables and seafood, the menu features updated Italian classics and specialty dishes, as well as a selection of seafood, steak, veal & pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Fiorello reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (180)great for outdoor dining (161)fit for foodies (118)great for lunch (111)special occasion (101)good for groups (95)late-night find (88)great for brunch (72)hot spot (50)romantic (40)notable wine list (40)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (32)vibrant bar scene (28)Show More
- Overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014This used to be a reasonable choice, pre-performance at Lincoln Center. No longer. And the food is not extraordinary, merely good. I will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I arrived early for my reservation, and the staff was so accommodating. I had a business lunch and was given a quiet, semi-private table. The food arrived promptly and was delicious. The waiter was excellent--- very attentive, but not hovering over us. We were even treated to some free, freshly baked cookies. Very warm and welcoming restaurant. Great food. Wonderful atmosphere. Charming décor. I would certainly recommend Café Fiorello to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and ambianceHighDesignsDined on 10/21/2014Located opposite Lincoln Center, Cafe Fiorello combines good food with a relaxed atmosphere, perfect for a friendly lunch.Special Features:
- used to love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014used to be my favorite on annual trip to NY. this time food was tasteless and mostly unattractive. I love the ambiance but was embarrassed to have 4 guests with such poor food.
- Great atmosphereBirthdayGirlDined on 10/20/2014I have always gone to Cafe Fiorello's sister restaurant Trattoria D'ell Arte. This particular evening, I was going to an activity near Lincoln Center and thought I would give this place a try. The menu was just as incredible, and the atmosphere was amazing. We dined outside under the heat lamps, and blankets were provided for us to use. The waitstaff was very attentive, and the food was delicious. I ordered a pizza, and it was so good. The crust was like a cracker, and the tomatoes and cheese were unbelievably fresh. I will be coming back again soon!Special Features:
- So great for pre-theatre!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014I've been eating at Cafe Fiorello since 1992. It's one of my first choices for pre-theatre at Lincoln Center! I love the antipasto plate - a choice of 3 (or 7) goodies from the wonderful table inside the bar. My partner loves their very unusual lasagna. I'm glad Cafe Fiorello has survived the "gentrification" of the Upper West Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, great environmentKarenDined on 10/19/2014This was a perfect location for a brunch before the ballet on a Sunday. Brunch fare options were few, actually, and my frittata was flavorless. But service was excellent and the environment was attractive and lively. Maybe their lunch menu offerings are the better bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit hectic but good foodOliverTerrierDined on 10/18/2014After concert at Philharmonic. The pace was still busy at midnight when we left. The food was good but they had run out of certain items by that time of the night. Noise level is very high. service was attentive and good.Special Features:
- Best pizza in the cityjmjrVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous grilled Roman artichokes and the best thin pizza in NYC. Perfect for a pre opera at Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyHankyPankyDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Fiorello;s many times. Yet I was seated (with an out-of-town guest) right next to the bar and it was very noisy. The food is dependably good and the prices are reasonable for that area. It is still on the top of my list when I have tickets to Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKjjjjDined on 10/17/2014For pre-theater Lincoln center convenient. Thought it was expensive for what it is. Very loud and crowded.
- Good food, courteous servicepatentlawyerDined on 10/17/2014This is a very good restaurant with a good menu and very good and courteous service. My only criticism is that there should be a greater selection of side dishes and the basic dishes should have more vegetables. But the food is well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can go back....!yummyVIPDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I got engaged at Fiorellos 32 years ago (at a different location) and thought it would be fun to go back but we did not realize that we would end up having an amazing dinner. We mentioned our history with the restaurant and they immediately brought us over glasses of Prosecco. Great start to a wonderful meal. We started with the calamari shrimp and pepper appetizer which was delicious and certainly big enough to share. We had the spaghetti Carbonara and the open faced Lasagna; both incredibly delicious. They were both so amazing that we couldn't decide which was better. The only problem - everything was so delicious that we were so stuffed and didn't have enough room for dessert. I can't wait to go back to Fiorellos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnaVIPDined on 10/16/2014My server was fabulous! Had to wait for my grand daughter to get there and she was so accommodating, still getting us to the ballet with plenty of time. Food was so good as usual. No wonder we seem to come here all the time we go to Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been bettermong10VIPDined on 10/16/2014I ordered and entree that was on the menu but that they weren't actually serving until the next day--disappointing. The replacement entree was similar but with pasta. The pasta under the eggplant was so overcooked as to be hard--but the eggplant parmegiana was excellent.Special Features:
- enjoyableanonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Great food, large portions. Two of us had a wonderful lunch from leftover veal parmSpecial Features:
- Not so goodRamiDined on 10/15/2014Fiorello was basically a disappointment. We went for a pre-opera dinner and were planning a ligh meal. The maitre-d' was wonderful placing us under the awning outside, which protected us from the rain. THe waiter was great, very attentive and trying to make sure we don't miss our opera. The food came on time but it was disappointing. The ceasar salad was supposed to have anchovies but I would not exaggerate if I could find only two (!). The lettuce was limp and all the fun of a good ceasar was not there. My wife had the pizza, which was delicious with thin and crispy crust. My spaghetti with three types of clams was the real disappointment. The clam sauce was bland and the addition of the razor clams did not add much to the dish.Special Features:
- Fun eveningsunnyVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent, the service attentive and the ambiance energetic. In addition, we were treated to a small performance by a singing waiter. What fun!!Special Features:
- Buckeye1Dined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent and the service terrific. First time but we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Oldie!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Right across from Lincoln Center...great location. Terrific service and the food was fantastic. My husband had lasagna and I had ravoli. Kind of costly but it's midtown Manhattan.......everything is costly!! Very busy and loud but it adds to the vibe. It's been there a long time so it seems they're doing GOOD things.!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Cafe Fiorello is the perfect place to go for dinner when attending the Film Festival. This was my 3rd time attending the Film Festival and each time I have eaten dinner at Cafe Fiorello. The food is delicious and the waiter was very attentive. I would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Overkill!FoodieJuneVIPDined on 10/10/2014Fiorello's is great especially if you're going to a performance at Lincoln Center. Or, if the weather is warm enough to sit outside, it's a great place to people watch and pretend you're not in New York. The food is excellent and the service always good. My gripe, if you can call it that, is simply this: the portions are too big. No one needs to eat a pound of steak. Or a veal chop (delicious as it is) that's too much food for two people and literally hangs off the platter they use as an individual plate. We love food and we're real foodies. But that much puts us off. And, if we're going to theater after, we don't want to tote spoiling meat around with us for four hours. Order 1/2 portions. Serve smaller portions.Special Features:
- Lorna SolisLornaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always delicious and welcoming.. my favorite Lincoln Center restaurant, the staff makes you feel like family.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for Lincoln CntrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Absolutely wonderful every time! Beautiful ambiance, delicious food and great staff. Love coming here.
- Thursday Evening in OctoberNYCBfanDined on 10/9/2014Food and drink, especially the Fiorello Bellini, were fantastic, but our table (72 I believe) was so close to its neighbors we had to edit our conversation, hold our drinks and plates when people entered/exited, PLUS one neighbor FILED HER NAILS at the table. The waitstaff either didn't notice or chose to ignore it. I love Café Fiorello (went three times last week), but it only truly shines when it isn't busy and over-crowded.
- Pre Lincoln Center placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014This is a good, quick pre Lincoln Center show place, a bit expensive but good and convenient when you have a 7:30 opera ticketSpecial Features:
- needs an updateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2014huge portions, unnecessary in today's world, over seasoning some plates with garlic which could have gone without entirely. they are used to the frantic get in and out to go to Lincoln center. the simpler the food the better here. there are many other choices in the area.
- Love the sangriaOanaVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is very good, the service is attentive without being overbearing, and the sangria is fantastic. Delicious desserts too.Special Features:
- Very Satisfied with mealloveclippyDined on 10/7/2014Wait staff very attentive. know one can beat their antipasto bar it is grand. Went with a friend who is a vegetarian there were so many choice that they could make. I had the Sole - it was delicately cooked. We were very satisfied with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great serviceOanaVIPDined on 10/6/2014I've eaten here lots of times and I enjoy the food and the service on every visit. The pizzas are very good, the chocolate mousse is yummy and the red sangria is my favorite.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent...LongIsland163Dined on 10/6/2014I first ate at Cafe Fiorello nearly 40 years ago, and the restaurant remains one of the mainstays of the Lincoln Center area. A wonderful staff, great food, lovely atmosphere... you can actually carry on a conversation with friends... just a consistently excellent place to visit for lunch or dinner.
- Love the chocolate mousseOanaVIPDined on 10/5/2014The pizzas are yummy, the drinks are very good, the service is good, and the chocolate mousse is delicious.Special Features:
- OverCrowdedadkTarsusAmericanVIPDined on 10/4/2014Table inside is no longer fun to eat. It is so packed with tables so close there is no way to enjoy the food or the company. Outside is much better choice but the weather needs to be acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/4/2014It's always a pleasure to go to Cafe Fiorello. You're assured to be seated promptly, the service is wonderful and the food consistently of fine quality. The noise level is sometimes a hindrance to conversation. But who cares when everything else is tops.Special Features:
- EarlA3VIPDined on 10/3/2014Remains a favorite go-to after performances at Lincoln Center. It has, however, lately become astonishingly, if not insultingly over-priced.Special Features:
- areandgeeDined on 10/3/2014Fiorello's is a victim of its own success. It has become too crowded and loud. The food is very good, but a little overpriced, and no longer a good value.Special Features:
- srl56Dined on 10/3/2014A reasonable pre-Lincoln Center choice, with a pretty respectable, albeit overpriced antipasto table. Buzzing with activity. A little too tightly packed for comfort, which can affect the service levels. As to food quality, meh. Decent but not memorable. Haven't kept up with the improving quality of food options in the neighborhood.
- A Majority of WanlittlebortDined on 10/3/2014I have been going to Fiorello's for almost as many years as this venerable Lincoln Center restaurant has been in existence. I have always found the food to be reliable, sometimes better than that, a good bet in a variable neighborhood. This time around, the food was second rate. The antipasto plate (which has has gotten consistently smaller and overpriced) was pretty awful. Miniscule portions of tasteless veggies. How small? The four tiny olives on the plate looked as plentiful as any of the offerings. Entrees were barely more than satisfactory. I made a reservation requesting a table in the back and they gave me one by the open door which I refused. The bottom line is, for very little, the bill came to 120 dollars! Nuff said.
- delicious vegetarian farevegetariandelightDined on 10/2/2014the vegetarian options are limited but delicious and satisfying. Would be nice to have a vegan pasta optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1foodieDined on 10/1/2014I arrived early for my lunch reservation. Even though they were still completing their setup they allowed me to sitdown inside and order because it was a cold damp day.Special Features: