New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafefiorello.com/
- Phone: 2125955330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:30am, Saturday 3:00pm - 12:30, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Solinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The intimate private dining room provides and elegant oasis within the restaurant's lively atmosphere for up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Erika Farber or Carmen Bottoms 2122650100
A word from Cafe Fiorello
A forum for Lincoln Center’s performing arts culture for nearly 30 years, Café Fiorello features a sprawling bar filled with more than 50 kinds of antipasti. Finished in warm wood, brass and mirrors, the main dining room suggests a timeless charm. In addition to the hot and cold antipasto specialties of vegetables and seafood, the menu features updated Italian classics and specialty dishes, as well as a selection of seafood, steak, veal & pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Fiorello reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (182)great for outdoor dining (176)fit for foodies (124)great for lunch (123)special occasion (103)great for brunch (86)good for groups (83)late-night find (76)hot spot (51)scenic view (36)romantic (34)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (33)vibrant bar scene (22)Show More
- Way overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/29/2014While the food is good, it is WAY overpriced! I had the vegetable antipasto for a main, so had 6 choices. This really was enough for one person only as a main. Cost: $42! For vegetables only! Sorry, that is out of control expensive!
- KEENJVIPDined on 9/28/2014Good to very good Italian food in a bustling cafe across from Lincoln Center. Tables are close together so space can be a bit tight. Lots of vegetarian options. Outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains OutstandingGeneDined on 9/28/2014Try to get to this restaurant whenever visiting NYC and it never disappoints! Highly recommended whether for brunch, lunch or dinner. The chocolate mousse and whip cream is delicious.Special Features:
- Overs and undersMikeyRavioliDined on 9/27/2014Overs: Over priced Over packed Unders: Under staffed Under estimated pre-show crowd Food was expensive and not great. Sat shoulder to shoulder with the next table. It may as well be one large community table. Waiter was great and apologetic but service was slow as the entire restaurant filled up at the same time due to Lincoln Center schedule. Convenient location but would not return.
- It was betterEnriqueDined on 9/26/2014Things change, and sometimes not in the right direction. Pizzas are good but no as large and delicious as they used to be, the tiramisu is much worse (now it's something strange as a cake, nothing to match with the original tiramisu recipe). It's very very expensive for being an Italian (pizza and pasta are the cheapest ingredients you could ever buy)... maybe that's why it was 50% empty when we went, while it was usually packed some years ago...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lincoln CenterChappaqua5423VIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been here several times and the food is fine, not great. However, it is perfect late night if you order simply. Grilled vegetables, exceptional fried artichokes, thin crust pizza -- you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- A great dinner at Cafe FiorelloJoAnneVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had yet another great meal at Café Fiorello. When you go, try the fried artichokes - they are the closest you can get to the kind you get only in Rome. As ever, all the food was delicious and our dining experience memorable. If you are lucky, as we were, there will be a birthday somewhere in the restaurant, and you will be treated to some awesome singing as well. Thank you Café Fiorello.Special Features:
- High Expectations Moderately MetDMO14Dined on 9/26/2014Had the hot shrimp and scallop antipasto appetizer, which was delicious. My dining partner had the lobster carbonara as an entree, which was good. The overall taste and the cream sauce were great, but the lobster was very chewy. I had the seafood risotto, which was a) expensive and b) pretty gross. The sauce was bland, the lobster chewy, and I could have sworn the rice itself wasn't even risotto rice. To the manager's credit, he noticed that I did not enjoy my meal, and provided us with free dessert. That is not to say he offered to take the $38 entree off the bill! Overall, the setting, especially if you are dining outdoors, is lovely but our server was just ok, like the food. With so much to choose from in NYC, I would not go back here.Special Features:
- The definition of "Tourist Trap"geeshoreVIPDined on 9/23/2014We live in the neighborhood and, before the opera, we finally decided to try this restaurant after having walked by it hundreds of times. The pre-Lincoln Center outdoor dining experience is a 10 out of 10. The service is also quick and friendly. The food, however, is a 3 out of 10...just not good quality and poorly presented. No one in our party of four cared for the food. The menu items are also very highly over-priced for what is being served, especially the $30 mediocre lasagna and ravioli. The chicken parmigiana looked (and tasted) like a thin crust pizza. At the same price points, there are wonderful other restaurants in the area to choose from. We'll continue to just walk by this place and never eat here again.Special Features:
- Always goodfluoro02VIPDined on 9/23/2014The an tipasto bar is wonderful. Friendly service. Not too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time celebrating our anniversary here. When I made the reservation, I mentioned it would be our anniversary dinner, honestly just hoping we wouldn't be seated near the bathroom (which has happened before). Not only were we not seated near the bathroom, but each and every member of the staff that we encountered congratulated us and gave us their well-wishes and the food was nothing short of amazing. Everyone truly went above and beyond to make our night special and it was very much appreciated. We will surely be returning for special occasions in the future! Thank you, Cafe Fiorello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritestwofourtalkVIPDined on 9/20/2014and lunch the other day was no exception… fun and delicious, and a great place for long talks!Special Features:
- Great foodJillDined on 9/19/2014We had a group of 6 so we were a bit worried about a wait even with reservations but we're seated on time. Food and food were outstanding. Recommend this to all. The spaghetti lobster carbonara was the best.Special Features:
- serviceNanetteDined on 9/18/2014Our waiter was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificzaydeVIPDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I always enjoy going to cafe fiorello...never been disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe fiorelloAnneVIPDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic vegetable plates. You choose any three- this could be your meal alone...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, loved itBrianMDined on 9/16/2014We went here after a NY Philharmonic show. Loved it. Food was great, service was very good. The fried ravioli are the size of footballs and they're delicious. We got a pepperoni pizza and an arugula salad. Everything was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food poor servicearjunayiDined on 9/16/2014Cool place with great food. They need however to review the quality of the service given. The waitress seemed to be in a constant rush, spoke about prices when explaining the menu and came across as distant and arrogant.Special Features:
- our clubtwofourtalkVIPDined on 9/16/2014always fun and welcoming, and lunch is just as nice as our late-night suppers after the theatre and opera!Special Features:
- Cafe Fiorello Near Lincoln CenterLocationDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Fiorello is located across the street from Lincoln Center in one of Manhattan's most vibrant areas. The Italian dishes including pasta, seafood and abundant choices of fresh vegetables will appeal to most palates. Service is warm and friendly, although our waiter forgot to write down one of the orders. It is expensive to eat there but it was a great setting for our birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualemjohnDined on 9/13/2014We were delighted to introduce FIORELLO'S to John son Alex who is a real foodie. He was enchanted with everything - the ambience, the attentiveness of the staff (who greeted him by name and fulfilled every need and desire) and especially the terrific food. He will definitely be back with friends - and of course we will as well.Special Features:
- GothamDuoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Perfect for before or after going to Lincoln Center performance. Food was very good especially the pappardelle pasta and their open faced lasagna specialty is huge. We were seated in the back in a quiet corner which due to the energetic front of house was nice so we could hear each other. Waiter was very helpful, efficient and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantGonzalofromSpainDined on 9/13/2014We felt extremely comfortable at Café Fiorello. The open-faced lasagna was simply unforgattable, the best I have ever eaten. The NY cheese cake was also extraordinary. The service perfect. Without any doubt, we will be visiting your restaurant in our next visit to NYC. Congratulations!!!.Special Features:
- DisappointingMarikaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Having been here many times before, it was a let down to find the food coming out of the kitchen was not hot. This was true for all four in our dinner party. Although our server was amiable and offered to have our dishes removed, none of us wanted to have our dinners reheated in the microwave or have to wait for new ones to be prepared, as was suggested. The fillet branzino was tasty, but had bones. The crowd had thinned out, as lincoln center performances were close to starting time, so the kitchen should have been more attentive.Special Features:
- Before Lincoln Center performancebirdyelynnDined on 9/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the antipasti selections, just the right amounts, and at 3 per person, we sampled almost all of them. It is a quick, light supper before sitting for several hours at the ballet. The food was delicious and the waiter very helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- quality decliningNomiVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a delightful place, especially pre-theater, but the food we had this time was just not worth the price. But the wine was wonderful and the creamed spinach excellent.
- CyclefreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I picked this as a restaurant to celebrate my daughter's first visit to NY and her birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special by the charming maitre d' and the waiters. The food was delicious and plentiful; in fact so much that we took some home and had it for lunch the next day. The price was reasonable. Above all, the atmosphere was great - busy and full of other tables who seemed to be enjoying themselves with one of the waiters occasionally serenading tables. Very good humoured and enjoyable and a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LasagnalivetoeatDined on 9/6/2014We discovered the Fiorello special open face lasagna about a year ago. Have loved it ever since and introduced it to many of my friends. Our waiter was just delightful. My friend told him it was my birthday, but when I declined dessert, he brought me a brownie from the front with a candle in it.Special Features:
- Outstanding BrunchdisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed brunch immensely. And the Bloody Mary really had vodka in it! Basket of fresh muffins and pastry delicious.Special Features:
- don t ever go there. touristic...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014discosting and noisy and expensive...wine horribleSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Michael Vitanza provided excellent service. He paid special attention to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!MelissaDined on 9/4/2014Lunch for girls' day out and couldn't ask for more! Outdoor table; great food and wine and excellent service! Have eaten there before for both lunch and dinner and it is always excellent!Special Features:
- wonderful serviceLindaDined on 9/3/2014Our waiter was very informative and attentive..the open face lasagna is fabulous..the pick 3 or 6 vegetable, meat, or fish lunch additions also were very appealing. Order the cheese cake for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentmikegallowayVIPDined on 9/1/2014On our trips to Midtown we always enjoy Café Fiorellos. Food is consistent, place has a great buzz and the prices are ok New York.Special Features:
- Always goodweebaronaVIPDined on 9/1/2014We always stop at Café Forello when in NYC. It rarely disappoints. The lobster Carbonara was outstanding. The salad bar is always a treat. The ravioli unfortunately was undercooked and not really edible. Service is always attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious ItaliangrillgirlDined on 8/31/2014We were visiting from out of town and wanted good food close to our hotel (The Empire). We ordered several different dishes and shared them all. The house made Burrata was wonderful as were the house made ravioli with almond arugula pesto. The Arugula salad with pear and blue cheese was routine ( good but nothing special) as were the sautéed shrimp and scallops. The service was very attentive and professional and the food delivered quickly but in a timely order. Overall it was a nice evening with good food.Special Features:
- Usually reliableNikki10023VIPDined on 8/30/2014Dined there on Sat Aug 30th of the Labor Day weekend. It was very quiet. Ordered Shrimp Scampi It was as usual wonderful. My friend ask I share her open faced Lasagna - their House Specialty. Which has been wonderful. This time it was dried out along the edges, a disappointment. Assume next time it will be up to their usually dependable standards. The waiter has extremely considerate.Special Features:
- LuvtoeatDined on 8/30/2014I visit NYC at least once a year and this restaurant is always on my list of "musts". Best liver and onions anywhere.Special Features:
- Overpriced, not greatgraeireDined on 8/29/2014I found that this restaurant was very overpriced considering the food that you get. The portions were an average size but the quality of the food wasn't very impressive. I'd have expected to be blown away for a main course that was more than 30 dollars (32 dollars for a lasagne which is what I chose). I don't mind paying more than normal for something that's worth the money but I'm afraid I don't think this was. The service was great though - polite and efficient staff.Special Features:
- Healthy lunch before Dr . OzbossAnnDined on 8/29/2014Great service and wonderful healthy lunch menu ! Perfect spot before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.