New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafefiorello.com/
- Phone: 2125955330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:30am, Saturday 3:00pm - 12:30, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Solinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The intimate private dining room provides and elegant oasis within the restaurant's lively atmosphere for up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Erika Farber or Carmen Bottoms 2122650100
A word from Cafe Fiorello
A forum for Lincoln Center’s performing arts culture for nearly 30 years, Café Fiorello features a sprawling bar filled with more than 50 kinds of antipasti. Finished in warm wood, brass and mirrors, the main dining room suggests a timeless charm. In addition to the hot and cold antipasto specialties of vegetables and seafood, the menu features updated Italian classics and specialty dishes, as well as a selection of seafood, steak, veal & pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Fiorello reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (177)neighborhood gem (176)great for lunch (129)fit for foodies (125)special occasion (107)great for brunch (95)good for groups (85)late-night find (81)hot spot (53)scenic view (41)kid-friendly (37)romantic (36)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (24)Show More
- Always terrificzaydeVIPDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I always enjoy going to cafe fiorello...never been disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe fiorelloAnneVIPDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic vegetable plates. You choose any three- this could be your meal alone...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, loved itBrianMDined on 9/16/2014We went here after a NY Philharmonic show. Loved it. Food was great, service was very good. The fried ravioli are the size of footballs and they're delicious. We got a pepperoni pizza and an arugula salad. Everything was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Cool place with great food. They need however to review the quality of the service given. The waitress seemed to be in a constant rush, spoke about prices when explaining the menu and came across as distant and arrogant.Special Features:
- our clubtwofourtalkVIPDined on 9/16/2014always fun and welcoming, and lunch is just as nice as our late-night suppers after the theatre and opera!Special Features:
- Cafe Fiorello Near Lincoln CenterLocationDined on 9/13/2014Cafe Fiorello is located across the street from Lincoln Center in one of Manhattan's most vibrant areas. The Italian dishes including pasta, seafood and abundant choices of fresh vegetables will appeal to most palates. Service is warm and friendly, although our waiter forgot to write down one of the orders. It is expensive to eat there but it was a great setting for our birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualemjohnDined on 9/13/2014We were delighted to introduce FIORELLO'S to John son Alex who is a real foodie. He was enchanted with everything - the ambience, the attentiveness of the staff (who greeted him by name and fulfilled every need and desire) and especially the terrific food. He will definitely be back with friends - and of course we will as well.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantGonzalofromSpainDined on 9/13/2014We felt extremely comfortable at Café Fiorello. The open-faced lasagna was simply unforgattable, the best I have ever eaten. The NY cheese cake was also extraordinary. The service perfect. Without any doubt, we will be visiting your restaurant in our next visit to NYC. Congratulations!!!.Special Features:
- DisappointingMarikaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Having been here many times before, it was a let down to find the food coming out of the kitchen was not hot. This was true for all four in our dinner party. Although our server was amiable and offered to have our dishes removed, none of us wanted to have our dinners reheated in the microwave or have to wait for new ones to be prepared, as was suggested. The fillet branzino was tasty, but had bones. The crowd had thinned out, as lincoln center performances were close to starting time, so the kitchen should have been more attentive.Special Features:
- Before Lincoln Center performancebirdyelynnDined on 9/12/2014Four of us enjoyed the antipasti selections, just the right amounts, and at 3 per person, we sampled almost all of them. It is a quick, light supper before sitting for several hours at the ballet. The food was delicious and the waiter very helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- quality decliningNomiVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a delightful place, especially pre-theater, but the food we had this time was just not worth the price. But the wine was wonderful and the creamed spinach excellent.
- Great LasagnalivetoeatDined on 9/6/2014We discovered the Fiorello special open face lasagna about a year ago. Have loved it ever since and introduced it to many of my friends. Our waiter was just delightful. My friend told him it was my birthday, but when I declined dessert, he brought me a brownie from the front with a candle in it.Special Features:
- Outstanding BrunchdisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed brunch immensely. And the Bloody Mary really had vodka in it! Basket of fresh muffins and pastry delicious.Special Features:
- don t ever go there. touristic...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014discosting and noisy and expensive...wine horribleSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Michael Vitanza provided excellent service. He paid special attention to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!MelissaDined on 9/4/2014Lunch for girls' day out and couldn't ask for more! Outdoor table; great food and wine and excellent service! Have eaten there before for both lunch and dinner and it is always excellent!Special Features:
- wonderful serviceLindaDined on 9/3/2014Our waiter was very informative and attentive..the open face lasagna is fabulous..the pick 3 or 6 vegetable, meat, or fish lunch additions also were very appealing. Order the cheese cake for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentmikegallowayDined on 9/1/2014On our trips to Midtown we always enjoy Café Fiorellos. Food is consistent, place has a great buzz and the prices are ok New York.Special Features:
- Always goodweebaronaVIPDined on 9/1/2014We always stop at Café Forello when in NYC. It rarely disappoints. The lobster Carbonara was outstanding. The salad bar is always a treat. The ravioli unfortunately was undercooked and not really edible. Service is always attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious ItaliangrillgirlDined on 8/31/2014We were visiting from out of town and wanted good food close to our hotel (The Empire). We ordered several different dishes and shared them all. The house made Burrata was wonderful as were the house made ravioli with almond arugula pesto. The Arugula salad with pear and blue cheese was routine ( good but nothing special) as were the sautéed shrimp and scallops. The service was very attentive and professional and the food delivered quickly but in a timely order. Overall it was a nice evening with good food.Special Features:
- Usually reliableNikki10023VIPDined on 8/30/2014Dined there on Sat Aug 30th of the Labor Day weekend. It was very quiet. Ordered Shrimp Scampi It was as usual wonderful. My friend ask I share her open faced Lasagna - their House Specialty. Which has been wonderful. This time it was dried out along the edges, a disappointment. Assume next time it will be up to their usually dependable standards. The waiter has extremely considerate.Special Features:
- LuvtoeatDined on 8/30/2014I visit NYC at least once a year and this restaurant is always on my list of "musts". Best liver and onions anywhere.Special Features:
- Overpriced, not greatgraeireDined on 8/29/2014I found that this restaurant was very overpriced considering the food that you get. The portions were an average size but the quality of the food wasn't very impressive. I'd have expected to be blown away for a main course that was more than 30 dollars (32 dollars for a lasagne which is what I chose). I don't mind paying more than normal for something that's worth the money but I'm afraid I don't think this was. The service was great though - polite and efficient staff.Special Features:
- Healthy lunch before Dr . OzbossAnnDined on 8/29/2014Great service and wonderful healthy lunch menu ! Perfect spot before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!jkmmdmjaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed everything at Cafe Fiorello. Food was superb. Kevin was the best waiter one could imagine. Truly a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary dinnerJRJRDined on 8/28/2014Couldn't be happier that we returned to this gem for our anniversary dinner. They made us feel very special- champagne and chocolates were included with our delicious meal, and a professional sounding chorus of Bon Anniversaire! Recommend the lasagna- different than anywhere else, veal piccata, and amazing chocolate mouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nxr1nxr1Dined on 8/27/2014We arrived early for a 7:30 pm reservation and got a very nice table. The food was great. Service attentive. Server well informed. We felt welcomed and had a nice relaxed meal. Good wine list. We had a very nice chianti.Special Features:
- CakiVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has the world's BEST veal parm! Definitely recommend for a group.Special Features:
- LA74VIPDined on 8/26/2014Plentiful portions. Service was very attentive. Food was very good tight through desert...don't skip desert Good value for the money.Special Features:
- What has happened?disappointedVIPDined on 8/26/2014Took friends for a late lunch to a restaurant that used to be VERY good. First, waiter seemed to be infatuated with himself and barely deigned to serve us. You changed your bread basket, which used to be excellent, and now is poor. I missed the homemade flatbread for which you substitute some factory made junk. I ordered the antipasto which used to have an marvelous assortment. Only a few items I could see, and they all tasted the same. I think you put the same sauce with tomatoes on all of them. To top off this whole bad experience, my companion paid for the check, and when she got home, discovered that someone else's check had been added to ours, and there was a large overcharge.
- it's our "reunion" placeopera1VIPDined on 8/26/2014When 6 of us get together from far-flung places, we pick a weekday lunch and have a wonderful wonderful time. It suits us to a T, with easy, but delicious, food, fun service, and a really comfortable atmosphere. This would NOT be true for dinner or busy weekdays. It may not be a "special" place, but it is our special place. Our lunches last Tuesday were exceptionally good, and it is exactly the kind of place we like. We do come without the out-of-town friends, but the prices and the noise level at busy times make it less frequent than it would otherwise be.Special Features:
- Convenient for Lincoln CenternadiaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great for proximity to Lincoln Center if you're going to a play or concert and if you're willing to pay the steep prices.Special Features:
- overpricedauntgidgetVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was good but not great enough to warrant the exorbitant prices. The extensive waitstaff was very attentive, but again we didn't feel that it was worth the high price of the meal.Special Features:
- uppper west siderjoy4foodDined on 8/22/2014we love café fiorello, and go often. good food. good service. what more could you want?Special Features:
- GeneKellyVIPDined on 8/19/2014This is a nice place to sit outdoors and dine while taking in the view of folks strolling up and down Broadway just opposite Lincoln Center. The food/value ratio is not good but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our clubtwofourtalkVIPDined on 8/17/2014lovely near LCT and all the movies, and delicious for a week-end lunch, sitting outside! We love itSpecial Features:
- Fantastic - every timeOrlandoVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is a real neighborhood gem. Whether you are visiting Lincoln Center or just want a nice place to eat to catch up with friends over dinner, the staff and food here are always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jkmmdmjaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent in every way except for the extremely high prices for a lunchtime meal.Special Features:
- Really Excellent!!OishidesDined on 8/12/2014Authentic Italian cuisine! Everything is to perfection and staff was very pleasant ! The vegetable antipasto bar is definitely one of the best anywhere. The caponata and eggplant parmagiana are truly delicious and authentic. The menu was developed through travel in Italy where dishes were learned and brought to New York. The fra diavola pasta was superb and the magnificent gelato covered in chocolate pieces was a great finish!!! The wine list is also first rate and extensive!!! A GREAT NY restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an enjoyable timedragonlady221Dined on 8/12/2014Fiorello's has been and continues to be such an enjoyable restaurant. The location, the service, and the food - all top notch. You can't go wrong in choosing Fiorello's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.