66 California Street
Ventura, CA 93001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cafefiore.net/
- Phone: 8056531266x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giulio Landi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater your office or house party with full service catering with our party planner, MaryJane Fendler. We can set up from the smallest of affairs to larger events with full service catering, including on site chef, servers and bartenders. Our menu is made to accommodate any type of cuisine desired.
We can set up all the small details, from the florist to the band. Our website displays preset menus that can be added to or changed at your discretion.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Jane Felder 8183993113x
- Entertainment: Cafe Fiore brings back the old standards every Tuesday night with our famous Jazz nite. We display an eclectic play list of bands, ranging from Latin guitarist, reggae, and top 40 bands so you can dance the night away.
A word from Cafe Fiore
Located in historic downtown Ventura, just blocks from the beach. Our comfortable booths have loose pillow seating which gives the restaurant a warm and delightful atmosphere. Come sit by the warm fireplace or have a seat at our fully stocked bar and sip some of our most innovative cocktails or some of our 40 martinis. Our traditional Southern Italian cooking is made with old world recipes. We take pride in giving our utmost service to our diners and to make everyone feel like family. If patio dining is what you are looking for, try our covered heated patio that feels like you are in a Tuscan villa or try our expanded patio and sit in our private cabanas and enjoy the fireplace and the spinning sounds of the hottest DJ's. Look on our website for fun events, like our summer cigar dinners, wine tasting events and our annual picnic and movie in the park. We look forward to serving you! Cheers and Bon AppetiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cafe Fiore - Best Restaurants in Ventura ›
Cafe Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)special occasion (19)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OopsKaleihiwaokamaluhiaDined on 9/13/2014My Osso Bucca was quite different than I have ever had before and I really enjoyed it, but my husband's Spaghetti and Meatballs looked like it came out if a can. He said that it did not taste as horrible as it looked, but it really had no flavor. The dish is his baseline to test all Italian restaurants the first time we eat there.
- Good interesting menuAndyDined on 9/1/2014Varied menu, mostly Italian. Great choices. We had a chicken and pasta dish and an outstanding ceasar saladSpecial Features:
- Cafe FioreLobichoDined on 8/30/2014Great place, we ordered the osso buco, raviolis, spaguetti fruti di mare, and de ricotta salad...good food not great Live music... Great bar... Overall a good place to enjoy a night...Special Features:
- EdieDined on 8/28/2014Very disappointed. I previously lived in SoCal and visited this restaurant often. The food was not nearly as good as I remember and by the look of the empty tables others seem to agree. When I arrived they had no record of my reservations. Was give a table I was very unhappy with and asked to be sat at another empty table - she replied that table is reserved for someone with reservations. I will not be back.
- Coastal GembfjetsetterVIPDined on 8/25/2014It is a pleasure to find authentic Italian cuisine in Ventura. The menu has enough variety to please every palate and the selection of Italian wines is very carefully and skillfully chosen. The prices are fair and the quality of the food is high. The service was friendly and relaxed. The location is within walking distance of many hotels and attractions, therefore quite convenient. I enjoyed my experience at Fiore very much.Special Features:
- A Delightful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was a special birthday lunch. Both of our meals were exceptional. Service was a perfect. Would return again.Special Features:
- Great visitGreatDined on 8/10/2014This was for our anniversary and it was very very nice. The food and service was great as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian MealMomLovesFoodVIPDined on 7/13/2014We loved the ambience as soon as we entered & we were not disappointed. The food was absolutely wonderful! There were 6 in our party & we enjoyed all different kinds of menu items - ravioli, pizza, risotto, spaghetti... it was all absolutely delightful! They had a nice array of daily specials, a wonderful wine list as well as yummy cocktails. Despite the fact that they were busy, the service was attentive. We enjoyed it & would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun to sit outsidemarcyDined on 7/9/2014enjoyed sitting on patio which had a nice breeze on a hot day. lovely lunch of tortellacci. very good serviceSpecial Features:
- Always a favoritedebaboDined on 7/3/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Southern California. I eat here anytime I am in the area. The ambiance is great and the food wonderful.Special Features:
- Great choiceTEKSAVYDined on 6/27/2014Great food, awesome wine, cool atmosphere, waitress a little weak/poor timing though very accommodating, support staff on top of it helped make up for waitress. Lots of booths with some tables and available outdoor dining. Great choice..enjoy it, we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!dvnoneVIPDined on 6/24/2014We loved the food, martini's and atmosphere. Live music and dancing rounded off our evening. Next time we are in the area we know where to get great Italian food and drinks!Special Features:
- SeafoodfoodieDined on 6/22/2014I normally love the food but this time it was mediocre. I have the linguine al mar and didn't have much seafood in my portion. However, one of the people I was with had 2 times as many clams, muscles and shrimp... We counted. Really disappointed in my portion for 24.00. Also, I know we went on a Sunday and the wine inventory comes on Tuesday, but they were out of three different bottles we had chosen. Maybe that was just a coincidence, but we weren't choosing cheap bottles.... Hopefully the restaraunt will see the gaps in inventory and next time when we go ready to drop money in vino they are prepared...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I was glad that we were seated in the back. The live music was too loud to enjoy a conversation with the person next to you. The food was good but not exceptional. Our server never came back to see how everything was going so instead of ordering another drink I finished my water. Our appetizer was two large not "jumbo" shrimp on a bed of polenta and spinach. Goor but not worth $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe FiorefoodieDined on 6/11/2014Food and Martinis were exceptional. The service was great and we would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for big groups not for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good server was nice. I didn't like the fact that I requested a romantic table for me and my wife and ended up sharing a booth with complete strangers..it made for an awkward night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtanda4Dined on 6/6/2014Food was excellent, wine was superb and service was outstanding. Our server/waitress was especially nice, very informative and very attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad meal here.JohnDined on 6/5/2014Great place to eat. The employees are all friendly. the service is excellent, and the food is is delicious. If you are going here, I strongly suggest you make reservations. The tables go fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skipped dinner, too noisyDaveMHDined on 5/28/2014A long planned birthday celebration ended after drinks because the live band playing was way too loud for this small restaurant. It was a Wednesday night at 6:30 and while I'm sure the music brings in people who want to sit at the bar, drink and scream at each other to be heard, it was certainly not a pleasant experience for those of us who'd hoped to visit over dinner. We were in the far corner of the room and could not have a conversation without yelling. Had the entertainment been a nice pianist or even a small combo playing at a more appropriate level for the space, it would have been lovely. But they were playing at a level more suited for a concert venue.
- Very good foodAdriDined on 5/24/2014Bread and tomato sauce -- they were both very good The steak special -- scalloped potatoes and grilled beets were delicious! The steak was ok. Chicken pesto wheat pasta -- was good. Just what I needed pre-marathonSpecial Features:
- The following 460 reviews are from the Cafe Fiore reviews archive.
- Always goodHappy2dineDined on 5/18/2014This is a wonderful place for lunch and dinner. Food is really good. We found this restaurant on late one evening after seeing a movie, it was packed, we sat at the huge wooden U shaped bar, ordered our food and had a great time. I've been back several times and its always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!grubbing247Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great! Not much more to say. Loved it. WILL be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abevila2013VIPDined on 5/7/2014Midweek dinner, waied 15-20 just to have are ordrr taken, the food was poor and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a Great PlaceOjaiGourmandDined on 5/4/2014When there's too long a wait for the new and popular Lure Fish House next door, Cafe Fiore is always a good fall-back. (Or first choice!)Special Features:
- Another great mealcday12345VIPDined on 4/30/2014I ordered the Pizza con salsiccia e funghi (sausage and mushrooms), which sounds mundane but was superb. To do the basics extremely well is the mark of a great restaurant. I will keep coming back as often as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a gift certificate and we decided to spend our anniversary dinner with you. We have been here before and had a lovely dinner. The server we had Noel was very sweet. I was surprised that we were able to get a reservation for 5:00 on a Saturday. I had tried several times before without any luck. Anyway, lovely dinner and lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Outstandingcday12345VIPDined on 4/14/2014Everything about Cafe Fiore is done well. The food is simply outstanding. I have been here 3 times and have tried 3 varieties of pizza, 2 pastas, and multiple desserts and drinks. Everything has been not just good but great. It is my favorite place now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy gatheringCmnutreeDined on 4/12/2014We had a get together here with a group of friends from out of town. This place is easy to find, it has a lot of group tables and the food is great! I highly reccommend the New Zealand salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedNassDined on 4/5/2014Our favorite in Ventura. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Food was very good. Server was not very pleasant. She seemed impatient when we took our time discussing wines. She did offer samples and was knowledgeable about the wine. Menu extensive and everyone at our table enjoyed their food choice.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I decided to spend our 20th Anniversary in Ventura. I found reviews on Café Fiore online and I must say, we were not disappointed! The food was amazing! The ambience was just right...casual but nice ( we didn't want formal ), comfortable. The service was good and our server even surprised us with a sparkling dessert! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time/Birthday CelebrationGoartangelDined on 3/29/2014Celebrated my boyfriends Birthday. I asked a question via opentable and was surprised to get a call from the hostess to notify me that they actually had it. The day of, I called and asked if they could write on the dessert plate "Happy Birthday." Based on past comments I ordered the Carpaccio and requested extra slices of meat so we could share the appetizer. It was fresh and the greens gave it an earthy taste. He had a the ribeye, great quality of meat and I ordered the osso buco. For dessert they brought the menu and I turned it down. My waiter looked at me and nodded. Shortly after our beautiful dessert came with a candle and it said Happy Birthday in chocolate sauce on the plate! I paid for the dessert but it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting was a success !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We met our client who was driving down from from Silicon Valley, and us from Agoura Hills. Needed to find a place in Ventura that was comfortable, casual , quiet enough to talk and wouldn't mind us hanging out for hours... The food was good, the service was great and we felt that we didn't need to rush out. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!Scof1VIPDined on 3/28/2014We found this restaurant as a stopover on our way to Pismo Beach. The food was so fabulous with such an interesting menu that we will make sure we returnSpecial Features:
- We were there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We were there for a business lunch. Service was excellent and attentive. We had the table for several hours after the meal and the staff was very good about leaving us to our discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Service on a SundaymarciaDined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed the food and the fine service. I also had a very nice reasonable class of white wine.Special Features:
- Becoming a regular,BourbakiDined on 3/22/2014We are up the road in Santa Barbara and have a very good choice of fine restaurants to pick from. Still we find ourselves heading down to Ventura because of this gem. NO disappointments. One time a bit heavy handed with the salt but corrected immediately with no fuss.Special Features:
- NOEL DID A GREAT JOB IN SERVINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014NOEL DID A GREAT JOB IN SERVING US OUT ON THE PATIO. IT WAS LIKE HAVING A PRIVATE BANQUET ROOM. WE HAD THE PATIO TO OURSELVES AND THE MEAL WAS OUTSTANDING. IT WAS OUR 4TH TIME VISITING YOUR RESTAURANT AND WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little taste of ItalymrshartmanVIPDined on 3/20/2014The ambience was fantastic for our celebration and the wine list had a plethora of regions to choose from in reds and whites. I chose an Amarone to celebrate with a girlfriend for her Birthday and it was a mouthful of flavor and paired very well with the food. I chose the Beef Carpaccio which could have had a bit more beef (for my taste) so they accomodated upon request to shave a bit more for me. The other girls chose various salads with Grilled Salmon but I must say I will always get the Carpaccio as it was as good as I experienced in Italy with Arugula and shaved Parmesean and a drizzle of an amazing dressing to give it a lemony compliment with caper it was fantastic! It was an overall delightful experience and I reccomend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality food & prep.KevinVIPDined on 3/1/2014High quality food & prep. A bit rich and not as flavorful as Sicilian type cooking. Most folks will like.Special Features: