66 California Street
Ventura, CA 93001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cafefiore.net/
- Phone: (805) 653-1266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giulio Landi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cater your office or house party with full service catering with our party planner, MaryJane Fendler. We can set up from the smallest of affairs to larger events with full service catering, including on site chef, servers and bartenders. Our menu is made to accommodate any type of cuisine desired.
We can set up all the small details, from the florist to the band. Our website displays preset menus that can be added to or changed at your discretion.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Jane Felder 8183993113x
- Entertainment: Cafe Fiore brings back the old standards every Tuesday night with our famous Jazz nite. We display an eclectic play list of bands, ranging from Latin guitarist, reggae, and top 40 bands so you can dance the night away.
A word from Cafe Fiore
Located in historic downtown Ventura, just blocks from the beach. Our comfortable booths have loose pillow seating which gives the restaurant a warm and delightful atmosphere. Come sit by the warm fireplace or have a seat at our fully stocked bar and sip some of our most innovative cocktails or some of our 40 martinis. Our traditional Southern Italian cooking is made with old world recipes. We take pride in giving our utmost service to our diners and to make everyone feel like family. If patio dining is what you are looking for, try our covered heated patio that feels like you are in a Tuscan villa or try our expanded patio and sit in our private cabanas and enjoy the fireplace and the spinning sounds of the hottest DJ's. Look on our website for fun events, like our summer cigar dinners, wine tasting events and our annual picnic and movie in the park. We look forward to serving you! Cheers and Bon AppetiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Fiore - Best Restaurants in Ventura ›
Cafe Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Room for improvement878685844VIPDined on 11/20/2014Salads were very good, the salmon with barley salad is very bad - fishy and too much vinegar on the cold barley. Good selections from the wine list. Waiters can get slammed and disappear for a bit too long. I miss the traditional Italian service with a captain on the floor to oversee service.Special Features:
- Old styleCgalVIPDined on 11/14/2014Pleasant enough ambience and service but the food is a bit out of date. Carpaccio with arugula salad was drenched in dressings. The salad was swimming in a balsamic dressing and the carpaccio lost in a creamy type sauce. Spaghetti with meatballs was overall pretty good but the lobster ravioli again was just completely lost in a idea of pink sauce. Lighten up on the sauce. It's not the eighties, if I order carpaccio I want to taste the beef, lobster ravioli, I want to taste lobster. Salads should not come in a pool of dressing (which in this case had the carpaccio swimming for it's life in a double whammy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014I love this place. We took some friends there from out of town. They enjoyed it, but very disappointed that everything he tried to order, even the dessert they were out of. Not a great first impression. Otherwise he liked what I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sloppy foodpandcDined on 11/9/2014The bread with garlic-y tomato pesto was good to start, but the meal went downhill rapidly afterwards. My husband's spaghetti and meatballs, although recommended by the server, was tasteless...small, hard meatballs in a thin sauce. My own "spa" salad was a soupy mess, with slimy vegetables that had been sitting too long in a heavy mayonnaise dressing. Not a good meal. Ventura has to be able to do better than this.
- Pleasant surpriseNomNomsDined on 10/25/2014$60 meal+tip (date). 2 drinks, 1 entree, 1 dessert; I'd go back for a date or with friends. Cafe Fiore nice enough when we first arrived: pleasant staff, lively atmosphere, and kitch Italian and Halloween decorations. We were seated quickly at a great table (thanks, OpenTable.com). The fresh table bread came with tasty salsa. The Moscow Mules were perfect and had some kick. The daily special pasta dish was okay: spaghetti with garlic butter sauce, topped with prosciutto and asparagus. The rare restaurant dish with more meat/veggies than pasta. Unfortunately, the prosciutto was of poor quality and overall the dish was very heavy...I would not order this dish again. We got a tasty special pumpkin baked bread pudding. Live music at 9:15Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE love love!LauraVIPDined on 10/13/2014This is my go-to place when company comes to visit. We love this restaurant. The food, the atmosphere and the staff are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Italian FoodDarlingCatVIPDined on 10/12/2014This place is soooo good! I wish it was in my own neighborhood! We got there an hour before dinner service, so we enjoyed the happy hour in the bar. We order their margarita pizza which was very taste. Once seated for dinner, I had the Tortellacci di Zucca and my fiancee had the Fettuccine al Ragu. Both plates were delicious!!! This is a definite must for all Italian lovers!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerHeidiVIPDined on 10/10/2014Active Friday night bar scene and pleasant energy level. Bet salad, cioppino and tiramisu were all very good. Service was slow, but that wasn't a problem since we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Gotta Try Cafe Fiore!!!KathyDined on 10/6/2014We read about Café Fiore in a Westways magazine and decided to take a leap of faith by taking an important client there for dinner. In one word . . . OUTSTANDING!!! The décor is so very inviting; the food was fresh, innovative and very delicious; and despite the large number of patrons, it was surprisingly quiet (noting that I cannot tolerate noisy restaurants). I will definitely visit Café Fiore again . . . soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Place to eatJohnDined on 10/6/2014Have eaten here on several occasions. Never had a bad meal. The service is outstanding. You can never go wrong eating here. Our table was ready and waiting for us when we showed up.Special Features:
- Yummygirlsfun6Dined on 9/27/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant as it surpassed any expectations I had, as we traveled from Pasadena, I chose it sight unseen. I had left the lid of my glass there and they had it for me. The people were very friendly and the food was to die for. I am going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiogenesVIPDined on 9/18/2014On a recent trip to Ventura, my wife, adult son, and I dined at Café Fiore; now, while we enjoy bistro bustle, this restaurant was over the top...uber-loud patrons and a loud (though good) jazz combo. Regarding the food, our collective issue involved the dressings/sauces. My wife's plain old meatballs and spaghetti was marred by an acidic tomato gravy (my son's pasta had the same problem). My appetizer featured an overly strong honey mustard dressing. I did like the "Italian salsa" provided for dipping bread. If you like a high energy, "in" place, you will probably like the Café Fiore. For a relaxing meal at the end of a long week, try elsewhere.Special Features:
- OopsKaleihiwaokamaluhiaVIPDined on 9/13/2014My Osso Bucca was quite different than I have ever had before and I really enjoyed it, but my husband's Spaghetti and Meatballs looked like it came out if a can. He said that it did not taste as horrible as it looked, but it really had no flavor. The dish is his baseline to test all Italian restaurants the first time we eat there.
- Good interesting menuAndyDined on 9/1/2014Varied menu, mostly Italian. Great choices. We had a chicken and pasta dish and an outstanding ceasar saladSpecial Features:
- Cafe FioreLobichoDined on 8/30/2014Great place, we ordered the osso buco, raviolis, spaguetti fruti di mare, and de ricotta salad...good food not great Live music... Great bar... Overall a good place to enjoy a night...Special Features:
- EdieDined on 8/28/2014Very disappointed. I previously lived in SoCal and visited this restaurant often. The food was not nearly as good as I remember and by the look of the empty tables others seem to agree. When I arrived they had no record of my reservations. Was give a table I was very unhappy with and asked to be sat at another empty table - she replied that table is reserved for someone with reservations. I will not be back.
- Coastal GembfjetsetterVIPDined on 8/25/2014It is a pleasure to find authentic Italian cuisine in Ventura. The menu has enough variety to please every palate and the selection of Italian wines is very carefully and skillfully chosen. The prices are fair and the quality of the food is high. The service was friendly and relaxed. The location is within walking distance of many hotels and attractions, therefore quite convenient. I enjoyed my experience at Fiore very much.Special Features:
- A Delightful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was a special birthday lunch. Both of our meals were exceptional. Service was a perfect. Would return again.Special Features:
- Great visitGreatDined on 8/10/2014This was for our anniversary and it was very very nice. The food and service was great as usual.Special Features:
- The following 473 reviews are from the Cafe Fiore reviews archive.
- Wonderful Italian MealMomLovesFoodVIPDined on 7/13/2014We loved the ambience as soon as we entered & we were not disappointed. The food was absolutely wonderful! There were 6 in our party & we enjoyed all different kinds of menu items - ravioli, pizza, risotto, spaghetti... it was all absolutely delightful! They had a nice array of daily specials, a wonderful wine list as well as yummy cocktails. Despite the fact that they were busy, the service was attentive. We enjoyed it & would love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun to sit outsidemarcyDined on 7/9/2014enjoyed sitting on patio which had a nice breeze on a hot day. lovely lunch of tortellacci. very good serviceSpecial Features:
- Always a favoritedebaboDined on 7/3/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Southern California. I eat here anytime I am in the area. The ambiance is great and the food wonderful.Special Features:
- Great choiceTEKSAVYDined on 6/27/2014Great food, awesome wine, cool atmosphere, waitress a little weak/poor timing though very accommodating, support staff on top of it helped make up for waitress. Lots of booths with some tables and available outdoor dining. Great choice..enjoy it, we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!dvnoneVIPDined on 6/24/2014We loved the food, martini's and atmosphere. Live music and dancing rounded off our evening. Next time we are in the area we know where to get great Italian food and drinks!Special Features:
- SeafoodfoodieDined on 6/22/2014I normally love the food but this time it was mediocre. I have the linguine al mar and didn't have much seafood in my portion. However, one of the people I was with had 2 times as many clams, muscles and shrimp... We counted. Really disappointed in my portion for 24.00. Also, I know we went on a Sunday and the wine inventory comes on Tuesday, but they were out of three different bottles we had chosen. Maybe that was just a coincidence, but we weren't choosing cheap bottles.... Hopefully the restaraunt will see the gaps in inventory and next time when we go ready to drop money in vino they are prepared...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I was glad that we were seated in the back. The live music was too loud to enjoy a conversation with the person next to you. The food was good but not exceptional. Our server never came back to see how everything was going so instead of ordering another drink I finished my water. Our appetizer was two large not "jumbo" shrimp on a bed of polenta and spinach. Goor but not worth $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe FiorefoodieDined on 6/11/2014Food and Martinis were exceptional. The service was great and we would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for big groups not for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good server was nice. I didn't like the fact that I requested a romantic table for me and my wife and ended up sharing a booth with complete strangers..it made for an awkward night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtanda4Dined on 6/6/2014Food was excellent, wine was superb and service was outstanding. Our server/waitress was especially nice, very informative and very attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad meal here.JohnDined on 6/5/2014Great place to eat. The employees are all friendly. the service is excellent, and the food is is delicious. If you are going here, I strongly suggest you make reservations. The tables go fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skipped dinner, too noisyDaveMHDined on 5/28/2014A long planned birthday celebration ended after drinks because the live band playing was way too loud for this small restaurant. It was a Wednesday night at 6:30 and while I'm sure the music brings in people who want to sit at the bar, drink and scream at each other to be heard, it was certainly not a pleasant experience for those of us who'd hoped to visit over dinner. We were in the far corner of the room and could not have a conversation without yelling. Had the entertainment been a nice pianist or even a small combo playing at a more appropriate level for the space, it would have been lovely. But they were playing at a level more suited for a concert venue.
- Very good foodAdriDined on 5/24/2014Bread and tomato sauce -- they were both very good The steak special -- scalloped potatoes and grilled beets were delicious! The steak was ok. Chicken pesto wheat pasta -- was good. Just what I needed pre-marathonSpecial Features:
- Always goodHappy2dineDined on 5/18/2014This is a wonderful place for lunch and dinner. Food is really good. We found this restaurant on late one evening after seeing a movie, it was packed, we sat at the huge wooden U shaped bar, ordered our food and had a great time. I've been back several times and its always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!grubbing247Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great! Not much more to say. Loved it. WILL be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abevila2013VIPDined on 5/7/2014Midweek dinner, waied 15-20 just to have are ordrr taken, the food was poor and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a Great PlaceOjaiGourmandDined on 5/4/2014When there's too long a wait for the new and popular Lure Fish House next door, Cafe Fiore is always a good fall-back. (Or first choice!)Special Features:
- Another great mealcday12345VIPDined on 4/30/2014I ordered the Pizza con salsiccia e funghi (sausage and mushrooms), which sounds mundane but was superb. To do the basics extremely well is the mark of a great restaurant. I will keep coming back as often as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a gift certificate and we decided to spend our anniversary dinner with you. We have been here before and had a lovely dinner. The server we had Noel was very sweet. I was surprised that we were able to get a reservation for 5:00 on a Saturday. I had tried several times before without any luck. Anyway, lovely dinner and lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Outstandingcday12345VIPDined on 4/14/2014Everything about Cafe Fiore is done well. The food is simply outstanding. I have been here 3 times and have tried 3 varieties of pizza, 2 pastas, and multiple desserts and drinks. Everything has been not just good but great. It is my favorite place now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy gatheringCmnutreeDined on 4/12/2014We had a get together here with a group of friends from out of town. This place is easy to find, it has a lot of group tables and the food is great! I highly reccommend the New Zealand salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.