47 Fisherman's Wharf
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cafefina.com/
- Phone: 8313725200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - close, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Special Events: Local's Day is every Tuesday and Wednesday at Cafe Fina. Check out our website for details about our $12.95 Local's Special.
A word from Cafe Fina
I would like to personally welcome you to Café Fina’s! My family and I have been serving diners on Monterey’s Fisherman’s Wharf since 1989. We specialize in Italian cuisine, make our pastas and raviolis in house, grow our own seasonal organic home-grown vegetables, and serve a variety of only the freshest seafood from the Monterey Bay. Our wood-burning oven prepares excellent pizza, and the quaint Italian decor and ocean views make dining at Cafe Fina a memorable experience. Café Fina is a full-service fine dining restaurant, serving lunch and dinner. In addition to our award winning food, we also feature a wide variety of wines, including the best of our local wines, the finest wines that Napa valley has to offer, and a fine selection of Italian wines. Dominic’s cooking has enabled Café Fina to be the sole caterer for John Madden’s induction ceremony into the Football Hall of Fame in 2006 and has earned him visits from Rachel Ray and other TV stars. I hope to see you soonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Fina reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food....nice people..OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2012Good food in nice setting on the Wharf with nice ocean views. Very attentive to special diets....have gluten free pasta.Special Features:
- Great find on the wharfmindianerVIPDined on 9/15/2012I found this restaurant on Open Table. Because we had reserved through this, the gave us a VIP card--which included excellent service and a very delicious appetizer of bruchetta. We also had a caprese salad which was amazing. Most of the vegetables are grown organically in their garden. The tomatoes were amazing, with tasty mozzarella and a perfect drizzle of olive oil and balsamic. I got the prawns which were the best I've ever had--large and perfectly cooked. My friend loved her salmon with basal sauce. Even the coffee was perfectly brewed. They had a reasonably priced wine list with a good selection. I will be back.Special Features:
- had veal dinner and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2012had veal dinner and it was VERY tough and could not finish. other entree good.
- The food was great! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012The food was great! The service was amazing.. The place is very small and casual. :-)Special Features:
- This was a revisit after severalAllenVIPDined on 8/24/2012This was a revisit after several years,I was very pleased. The restaurant continues to provide a special dining experience in a special place.
- Roxanne was great, took goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2012Roxanne was great, took good care of us. Food was good.
- Of all the good places toCarmelValleyDiningDined on 8/19/2012Of all the good places to dine in the Monterey area, this isn't one of them. The service was excellent. The food was poor. Roasted garlic starter was cold in the center and the grilled and breaded snapper entre was mushy and tasteless. While the decor is eclectic, which we expected, we didn't expect such poor quality food. Our cheerful and prompt server, Roxanne, said their veal was really excellent. Guess we should have ordered that!
- This is our second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2012This is our second visit to Cafe Fina and it was as good as we remembered it from our last visit. We are from out of the area and think this is one of the best seafood and Italian restaurants in Monterey. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- The only tourist restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2012The only tourist restaurant I know of on the wharf that is consistently good - and they have pride of service and quality. If you're lucky you may get a table by the window and watch the otters play.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/27/2012I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was not very crowded at 11:15 am on a Friday when a group of TEN of us went there (we had reservations for 2 tables, one of 4, one of 6) and the hostess cheerily put us all together. I was wary that this would hold up service as we had a 12:30 deadline for walking to the "Monterey Movie Bus Tour" but it was not too far away. Our waiter was SUPER! Extremely helpful, cheery, and prompt. But like I said, the place was not very crowded at that time. Nice ambiance. Good place for tourists. Everyone had something different, and all dishes were really good, according to each diner! (my pizza was excellent!). I would return there for lunch. Have not tried it for dinner.Special Features:
- Too "shop worn" and a realHubedooDined on 7/26/2012Too "shop worn" and a real tourist trap. Seemed like a carnival atmosphere. Wait staff and hosts jackets and aprons appeared soiled front and back.Special Features:
- Always a favorite stop. TheAmadorDinerVIPDined on 7/5/2012Always a favorite stop. The fresh specials were wonderful this time. Fresh produce from the owners farm paired with the freshest fish.
- Cafe Fina was actually a littleMary1946Dined on 6/27/2012Cafe Fina was actually a little gem among the usual wharf restaurants. Nice table setting, attentive staff and good food. Also a great view from the rear tables. Everything was very fresh which we appreciated. We would go back on our next trip to Monterey.Special Features:
- Better bring the dog with youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2012Good:food was Ok, clam chowder was good. Scenic View and we got a nice table close to the window.You an bring your dog and sit outside with your pet. They also have a menu for dogs. Bad:service is sluggish, and food took a while. Pricey. Bottom Line: good view, decent food.Special Features:
- Owner firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2012This restaurant is on the "tourist" wharf. The owner (we assume from all the pictures on the walls) was on hand when we entered. At first I thought this was a good sign, but as it turned out it wasn't. It took a whole hour for our food to arrive after we ordered our food. Even my kids noticed the owner had ordered a meal after us but recieved his much sooner even though it was a slow night for the restuarant.Special Features:
- The fresh fish and pasta areAmadorDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2012The fresh fish and pasta are only beat by the friendly staff.
- Nice place to eat on the wharf ...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012We had a great dinner. Service was exceptional with a very attentive and friendly server.Special Features:
- Menu offers a wide array ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012Menu offers a wide array of options. Most exquisite halibut cheeks - this is the only place I would ever order them. My friends are still raving about their seafood and pasta dishes, the Caesar salad, the cheesecake. Service was lovely, Price point on both food and wine is reasonable, especially given the ample portions and excellent quality. Cozy, comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our group included a 6 weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Our group included a 6 week old, a 13 year old and a 10 year old (both very fussy eaters).. We were seated on-time and the waitstaff was not only friendly and attentive, but worked with the 'particular' eaters in our group and go them what they wanted. No fuss, no muss. Food was great, too!Special Features:
- its quaint and friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2012its quaint and friendly atmosphere is wonderful. Tables are fairly close together, but you dont mind as it reminds you of old school family style italian. Service is very good with very friendly and outgoing staff all making you feel welcome. I had the house special, Seafood Risotto, excellent!!Special Features:
- We were attracted to CafefranmacDined on 4/7/2012We were attracted to Cafe Fine because of the 'Ocean Views' but having eaten there for dinner on Saturday night, I will not be going back. The seating area is in an 'L' shape. We were seated at a table right inside the door. The ocean views were at the other end of the restaurant. We could barely see a window, not to mention a view. On top of that, there was an overly eager manager on the street trying to attract people into the restaurant with these same 'ocean views'. While we were eating, she brought 2 people in and seated them next to us. They looked at the menu and then got up and left within 5 mins. Ten minutes later, she brought in another 2 people and again within 5 minutes, they got up and left. Service and food was also not great
- The waitress -- Roxanne --OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012The waitress -- Roxanne -- had great energy. The service was quite slow, but the servers were busy. It was a great evening overall. Food was terrific.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentFarashaVIPDined on 3/3/2012Locals tend to stay away from the wharf, which is a shame. Why should the tourists get it all to themselves? Cafe Fina is consistently great, and we have been coming here for over 20 years. If you are lucky, frolicking otters will entertain you while you dine on wonderfully prepared fresh fish.Special Features:
- little overpricedMamalalaof3Dined on 3/2/2012The Crab and Shrimp Raviollis were good. My husband had the crab legs way over priced. Crab cocktail had a lot of shells in it.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurantFDeaneDined on 2/25/2012Cafe Fina was recommended to me by a coworker as her favorite place and I'm glad we took the recommendation. I was very happy to find that I could make a reservation online. Cafe Fina is a small quaint restaurant on Fisherman's wharf in Monterey. Apparently this is a very popular place because there were people waiting for tables when we left. The menu has pastas, seafood and some pizza selections; I chose one of the specials which was a seafood pot pie and it was excellent. I will definately return.Special Features:
- Thank you for serving my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Thank you for serving my daughter first. I always feel that small children should be feed first and not have to wait for the adults to get their food. Dinner was great and the free valet parking was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Located on Fisherman's wharf,ReynVIPDined on 2/17/2012Located on Fisherman's wharf, where hawkers try to entice you with free samples of chowder, this is one of the two places that doesn't . This feels like an Italian family restaurant that delivers a true experience of one. The food is fresh and good. Ample supply of fish entrees, a good wine list, and good waiters are features that we notices. We had a good dinner and managed to not pay for parking (free if you look on the north east side of the wharf area.Special Features:
- Food is impeccable with culinaryDennisDined on 2/14/2012Food is impeccable with culinary flourish. I had heart-shaped wild mushroom ravioli's and my wife had snapper. We both were very happy. Wait staff is excellent. Always available but not "in your face" like some places.Special Features:
- Nothing really WOW'd me aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/11/2012Nothing really WOW'd me about this place. Seemed a bit touristy with a hostess standing outside 'barking' to passing tourist to come in and dine. Spinach ravioli was a bit bland.
- We had a nice quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2012We had a nice quiet evening together with a great view, good food and service.Special Features:
- In the Monterey fisherman'sNobumasaVIPDined on 1/24/2012In the Monterey fisherman's wharf, a convenient location for tourists. Food is reasonable.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningAmadorDinerVIPDined on 12/27/2011Another wonderful evening at Cafe Fina. The staff, Dominic and Roxanne, saw to a delightful evening. They were accomodating every special request. The meals made our seafood lovers happy and our italian diners delighted. The fresh pasta is heavenly. The seafood dishes are always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceFoodieVIPDined on 12/14/2011Always a great experience at Cafe Fina...Owner Dominic Mercurio always makes sure everything is fresh and tasteful!Special Features:
- Used to be good many yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/30/2011Used to be good many years ago. The food has declined significantly. The fish was dry and not very appealing. They would not accommodate a request for a simple substitution of pasta instead of rice. Very disappointing.
- Second time here and not asdessertdivaVIPDined on 11/23/2011Second time here and not as good as the first. Service was very slow and the food was just average.
- Never fails making me happy!smcfoodDined on 11/17/2011Always a great meal! The service is attentive, the food is as fresh as possible and I always know that what I ordered will be as good as the previous visits. I appreciate their consistency.Special Features:
- Great food, good service,TobyVIPDined on 11/5/2011Great food, good service, nice bay view. Difficult to find if you aren't familiar with area. Give yourself extra time for that. Use free valet parking on Fridays & SaturdaysSpecial Features:
- Our dinner was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2011Our dinner was wonderful, especially a side of sauteed greens with potatoes, bacon and white beans. It was called an appetizer but was as satisfying as an entree, and a very generous portion. Scrumptious comfort food. The waiter was attentive, got everything right, without bugging us. The only drawback was that at 8 pm, which we didn't think was late for a Friday night, we were the only ones in the main dining room. There was a big party upstairs, obviously having a great time. Maybe the weather, which was rainy, kept most of the tourists off the pier that night.Special Features:
- Cafe Fina was charming! LovedR1048Dined on 9/30/2011Cafe Fina was charming! Loved the heirloom tomato caprese special. Enjoyed our wine with our shrimp bolognese dinner. Pasta was very nicely done. Wasn't expecting good food in a tourist area --but was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Enjoyed another excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Enjoyed another excellent meal at cafe fina for our birthday. We come here at least twice a year and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend it!Special Features: