Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor
204 South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafefelix.com/
- Phone: 7346628650
- Hours of Operation:
Mon.-Thurs. 11am - Midnight
Fri. 11am - 1am
Sat. 9am - 1am
Sun. 9am - 10pm
Lunch: Daily: 11am - 3pm;
Bar Menu Daily 3pm-5pm: 10pm-Midnight
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5pm - 10pm (Bar Menu after 10pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Brad Durr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor
Café Felix offers traditional French Bistro fare with a menu that showcases the best local and organic products available.Continued
Farm-to-Table Seasonal offerings change throughout the year and are complemented by our exquisite French Carte des Vins (Wine Menu)
Farm-to-Table Seasonal offerings change throughout the year and are complemented by our exquisite French Carte des Vins (Wine Menu)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (16)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (12)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good foodjyangDined on 10/20/2014Good food and excellent service.keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodTeddyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Felix several times. Always good. This time, our waitress was stellar.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!LondonycVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great venue for a brunch-time catch up. Had a delicious meal and enjoyed great service!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceAAfoodieDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely atrocious service. The food took forever, the waiter certainly forgot about our order multiple times. When my salad did eventually show up (an hour and a half after arriving), it was as if someone had dumped an entire salt shaker on it. Will never go to Cafe Felix again.Special Features:
- A little taste of ParisFashionista365VIPDined on 9/21/2014Just right....a really good find in college town AA. A very nice bistro cafe that does make you feel that you good be in Paris. The food is good, the staff is attentive and very friendly. Have had dinner, lunch and brunch here. The brunch was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.. Bad serviceyacosojoDined on 9/14/2014I went on Sunday to celebrate my birthday. Although, I made a reservation I still needed to wait 20 minutes for a table. I really enjoyed my custom made omelette and the other brunch choices but the serving plates were empty several times and I needed to ask the waitress for more. A lot to improve!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife had short ribs and I had chicken. Both of our meals were very overcooked. The short ribs were extremely dry as was my chicken. We ate less than half of each before contacting the manager. Since they had no short ribs left, we just payed our bill and left hungry. The manager did take the short ribs off of our bill but would not take the chicken off.
- Great French BistroJohnBVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at Cafe Felix on numerous occasions. Their food seems to just get better and better each time we eat there. On most recent occasion there were four of us having dinner prior to going to a concert. Their service was spot on. We had their Tomato Bisque - outstanding. Around the table there were four different choices, Gnocchi, Grilled salmon, grilled sea scallops and braised beef. Check their menu on the web for details - so I won't repeat here. What I can say is every single dish was superb. Portion sizes sufficient without being so overwhelming that you cannot fit in a dessert! As for the wine list - it is mostly French & American. They have a good selection also of wines by the glass.
- Great view of the Men's room!RH0000Dined on 9/12/2014I had the scallops...they had no taste. My wife had the Beef rib with Brussel Sprouts which was pretty good. It wasn't full, but the noise level made it hard to have a conversation at a table. It's great if you like to shout over music at the bar. The service was very good. A big turn off is that several of the seats have an unobstructed view into the stall of the men's room. You would think changing the door swing or adding a privacy panel would be an easy fix.
- DisappointmentA2NativeDined on 9/11/2014Horrendously overpriced. $23 for cold fries and steak so tough it couldn't be cut with a knife. Would have gotten a better meal al Wendy's. Wondering how they stay in business.
- best brunch buffet in town!!!LondonycVIPDined on 9/7/2014Absolutely delicious! Really good value, really quality food. Lovely ambiance...definitely don't miss this brunch buffet!Special Features:
- Good food, great atmosphereDiningFavesAndMissesDined on 9/6/2014Great outdoor or indoor dining. We have gone to Felix many years and have always loved the location and the food....and martinis. Menu has changed through the years and it seems they are getting away from the small plate menu...which I always loved. But, you can still order some of the single entrees to share. All the food has been very good.Special Features:
- Interesting choices on the menumisticangelDined on 9/2/2014I reserved a table outside for lunch and it was cloudy but still comfortable. Luckily the rain held off so it turned perfectly for that. I thought the food choices were interesting and different so enjoyed that feature. I chose the Caprese sandwich with chicken and the salad. It was very good!! The waitstaff were friendly, easy going and very professional. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealMCollinsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Third time to Cafe Felix in Ann Arbor. I had the short rib and my daughter had oysters and salad. We shared a cheese plate. The only negative was they were out of sauce for the oysters. Otherwise another good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server's ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014As we often do, we let our server select our meal - the only guidelines were three appetizers and one entre for the two of us. He made great choices, highlighting some of the best choices and we had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Felix2kgougherVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great brusselsprouts and beets. Steak frites a winner as well. Always a favorite stop when on town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JimnKimDined on 8/2/2014Another fabulous meal. Try the shrimp and cauliflower risotto - YUM!Special Features:
- Good food - spotty serviceJimCDined on 7/30/2014A couple weeks ago, we had a party of four for a full dinner. The food was excellent. We had a new server who tried but was....new, but ok. This week another server wasn't new but seemed harassed and hurried. Again, the food was good but the service only fair to poor, e.g. not clearing used plates even though she was at a neighboring table a few times - and the place wasn't busy. It looks like it's a problem with the setup of the place or how servers are assigned. Regardless, it needs improvement. The hostess and host also seemed preoccupied to the point of not acknowledging us as we left, although he looked right at us and didn't seem to be doing anything. A host is supposed to be friendly, no?Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!golocalDined on 7/29/2014I didn't order an entree because they not only have an Appetizers section but also a Snacks section, so my dinner consisted of five small plates, all of them outstanding!Special Features:
- Cool with Old World VibeJimCDined on 7/23/2014CF has been around for a long time. Great if you like to have a drink or caf outside. The inside ambience is wonderful - a European café feel. The food is very good and a good value. The menu is not extensive, although there are plenty of appetizers from which to choose. Try it -you'll probably like it.Special Features:
- Good bar, rarely a waitshopinskisDined on 7/16/2014Cafe Felix has a great atmosphere but I've always wondered why they are never crowded. Their bar list is always pretty good (personally I prefer their old menu but you can still request drinks). Their food is decent - better since the new menu was developed. But service is generally slow... despite small crowds. Prices are appropriate. Good spot for a late-night drink.Special Features:
- Been twiceGoodfoodDined on 7/10/2014We really liked the ribs! They were nothing as expected. Amazing. The deviled eggs are also very good and we tried the Brussels sprouts from another person at our table. They were very good!Special Features:
- MehDar48104Dined on 7/6/2014Not impressed... Took almost 15 min after ordering a coffee to get it - food wasn't necessarily bad but nothing I could make better at home myself. Our waitress was nice but it was clear from her and the tables around us that Felix doesn't train their servers
- Classis FrenchBorisgoodenoughDined on 7/5/2014In the world of French dining, Cafe Felix is less a "cafe" than a "brasserie" -- that jack-of-all-trades open-space eatery where you can find anything from a glass of white wine and a dozen oysters to a full-blown traditional meal -- just don't expect the unusual. In that light, Felix doesn't disappoint -- moules frites, steak frites, duck breast, onion soup and creme brulee all make an appearance, plus a few more creative offerings; we enjoyed a wonderful shrimp-over-cauliflower-risotto appetizer. Everything we tried was well-prepared. A moderately-sized but well-selected wine list is slightly marred by high markups. Fortunately, Cafe Felix allows BYO wine, which we were took advantage of despite the $25 corkage. Definitely worth a return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date dinner spotPhoenixRaine42Dined on 7/5/2014A cute place to have dinner. The outside dining is relaxed but romantic. The steak and duck were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- great meal for restaurant weekapplehazarDined on 6/27/2014we had reservations - which was important as they were sending all others away due to a party they were holding - food was great - service very slow - but that was due to the fact they really didn't want any business at all due to the private party - our waitress did a nice job accommodating us - Comment - they should not hold private parties when they are participating in restaurant week - if they want to close they should not operate during these city wide functions - but our meal was great. road noise very loudSpecial Features:
- The following 190 reviews are from the Cafe Felix - Ann Arbor reviews archive.
- BummerjankarriyeDined on 6/26/2014Went for restaurant week. Took 10 minutes to be served, 20 minutes to get our drink, and at least 30 minutes for each course. Being a French restaurant isn't an excuse for poor service! The place wasn't busy or understaffed. Too many rookie mistakes for a restaurant that's been around for at least 6 years.
- Restaurant WeekAdamDined on 6/25/2014My girlfriend and I came here for restaurant week, we both work in the culinary industry right down town. So when we looked at participating restaurants she picked out a couple she has wanted to try and Cafe Felix was her top pick. We were both impressed by the drink selection, menu items bringing traditional french to local Michigan. Our meal looked and tasted great we plan on returning again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014It took a very long time to get drinks from the bar, even though we were sitting about 12 feet away from the bar, and the dining room only about half full. The waiter never did bring coffee that was ordered with dessert. The food was delicious, which made up for a few hiccups in service. Also, the noise level was a bit loud; we had a hard time conversing without a lot of leaning in and repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedaafoodieDined on 6/6/2014I ordered steak frites where the steak was bland, and fries almost too salty. Mushroom pizza was good, but not something I would go again to eat. The biggest problem I had was the service. My server came total of 5 times. to receive drink order, to drop off and get main order, ask how we were doing 20 minutes after the food was delivered by a runner, and 2 times to make the payment. I was not expecting this kind of service where I am paying more than $50 for a meal.
- ExcellentGoodfoodDined on 5/30/2014We really enjoyed both of our entrees and the one that was suggested was sold out (we didn't get to try it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!Suzie57Dined on 5/30/2014Don't get in very often, but when I do, I always Love it!!!Special Features:
- Great meal at Cafe FelixMCollinsVIPDined on 5/26/2014Was in Ann Arbor for business and found Cafe Felix. Sat outside and ordered one of the $5 martini's and a meat/cheese starter. Had mussels and fries for entre and it was great. I would have liked more garlic in the broth but it was very good! Highly recommend. Waitress was super too.Special Features:
- Great short ribsRimontskiVIPDined on 5/26/2014Great beef short ribs on the dinner menu, and the $3 Kobe beef slider at lunch is a great deal. One of those and a soda or beer gets you out for under ten bucks. Waitstaff was very friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant optionBakersDined on 5/19/2014We're no longer into full meals, so we found the menu at Cafe Felix great for picking and choosing. The Soup du Jour was outstanding. The Charcuterie was perhaps a bit light on the variety one would find in France, but what was there was excellent. The wine list only offers French or American wines and would be improved by offering a little more variety, e.g. 2 Sancerres or 2 Pouilly Fumes, but maybe that's being too picky. Note that wines by the bottle are half price on Wednesday evenings.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSundayDinerDined on 5/11/2014Brunch was good, as usual. Nice selection of savory and sweet. Would love to see some Vegan options on the menu, though (for lunch and/or brunch).Special Features:
- deliciousKAHA2Dined on 5/7/2014The food here was great. We had crab cakes, warm olives, deviled eggs and scallops with champagne foam. Then lemon tart to top it off. The service was great, as well.Special Features:
- Easter SurpriseckbnolaDined on 4/20/2014We made the reservation based on reviews that the new chef and menu were quite good. However, what we didn't know was that they had a "special buffet" for Easter brunch. Wish we had known this ahead of time since I'm not a big fan of buffets! To their credit, there were plenty of good choices and some yummy desserts. We took our time and enjoyed ourselves, but I'm still anxious to see what the new menu and chef are really like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro minusDoodleVIPDined on 4/12/2014Small menu, even smaller wine list. Perhaps they think Ann Arbor doesn't know how good a real Bistro can be.
- Great foodFreezingInAADined on 4/11/2014There has been a lot of positive buzz about the changes at Cafe Felix recently, so I wanted to check it out. A friend and I went on a Friday night. We were not disappointed. The menu had lots of interesting options from small plates to "artisan" pizza. We ordered a few of the small plates and the smoked salmon pizza. Everything was delicious (Mani is still the place to go for true wood-fired pizza). The service was very good. The atmosphere was pleasant, if a tad loud (a couple arrived to talk to another couple seated next to us. They proceeded to have a long stand-up conversation at the table, where one of women's bottom was almost literally in our faces...obliviousness). Regardless, we will be going back.Special Features: