323 East 55th Street
Kansas City, MO 64113Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafeeuropakc.com/
- Phone: 8165231212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-9:00, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Feldmiller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Europa
Cafe Europa is a warm and inviting classically casual neighborhood restaurant located in Crestwood. We specialize in updated comfort foods and offer a variety of everyday fare ranging from wood fired pizza and sandwiches to filet mignon. Our bakery features fresh baked treats to enjoy in the restaurant or pick up to go. Visit our bar to experience a sophisticated and extensive wine list from around the world.Continued
Cafe Europa is open for Lunch, but does not accept reservations. Cafe Europa does accept reservations for Brunch and Dinner.
Cafe Europa is open for Lunch, but does not accept reservations. Cafe Europa does accept reservations for Brunch and Dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Europa reviews from OpenTable diners
- So cozyBerkeleyVIPDined on 12/22/2013We had a special girlfriend lunch for christmas time. Our food was delicious ...quiche and the extraordinary hamburger and out of this world so worth it fries. The restaurant is just the right size ...full...but not large. Our service was attentive, well paced and very warm and friendly.Special Features:
- menu doesn't change very oftenfreddyDined on 12/17/2013menu doesn't change very often and not many vegetarian choices, but GREAT service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European treasureYumyumDined on 12/13/2013I felt like I was back in Europe in a family owned restaurant. Small, intimate, personal service,. Delicious food. Lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Sunday pre-fixOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2013I love the Sunday pre-fix menu and the cozy atmosphere on a cold snowy nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Local BistrokatbDined on 12/5/2013Places like this a few and far between in Kansas City. It is a very intimate restaurant with great ambiance. The food is always wonderful as is the service. Great for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!EuropaFanDined on 11/24/2013This is a great place with excellent food! Always a great choice. The Sunday menu is fun and my kids will eat it!! With or without kids I love this place. The food is great, the atmosphere welcoming, and a nice wine list. This is a no-lose option!Special Features:
- waitress needing trainingUmamiDined on 11/24/2013The greeter/waitress at the door was not friendly and we felt she had some issues she brought to work and we decided to ask for someone else to help us. It could just be her demeanor ,however we did not feel welcomed until we had another waitress. We enjoyed a nice meal and a reasonably priced wine and will not let this keep us away from a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Europa is one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2013Cafe Europa is one of our favorites. The food is excellent and always a little surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!GeorgeDined on 11/9/2013On a Sat evening at 6:30 the place was busy. Service was sporadic, she took care of us by asking if we were doing ok, then walked away before we had a chance to answer! Burger and pizza, good, salad and hangar steak excellent! Lemon cake, priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaint cafeplazaloverVIPDined on 11/1/2013Lovely little restaurant with lots of attention to detail. Food was nicely done, limited menu, highly recommend the salads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb trout!alipaddDined on 10/31/2013We both had the trout entree and it was absolutely marvelous. The presentation was lovely and unique and the fish had a great flavor and was entirely bone free. Very enjoyable dining spot prior to the theatre!Special Features:
- Consistently goodLuvSeasons52VIPDined on 10/30/2013Cafe Europa is a charming little place. Their food and service is consistently good.Special Features:
- We wanted to try the SundaygidamVIPDined on 10/27/2013We wanted to try the Sunday evening fried chicken offering, and were not disappointed. Just the right amount, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtallyhoVIPDined on 10/26/2013Cafe Europa is always a sure bet. Their simple menu offers good food at reasonable prices. The atmosphere is charming as is the waitstaff!!Special Features:
- Great spot for diningGladstonechickDined on 10/25/2013Cafe Europa is a great neighborhood spot for dining. My friend and I eat there frequently before seeing a show at the KC Rep. The food and service is consistenly great, and we've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like I was in Europe!HungryplumDined on 10/17/2013Just moved here after 12yrs in Europe - this took me right back! Had beet salad, which was nice but the duck was superb! Husband had risotto with scallops - also supurb! Old world charm - very romantic place- the bar looked like a nice place for a glass of wine - would have liked manager to at least say hello or ask after us, instead of silently walking through room - but loved it and cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Experience!MaryKayVIPDined on 10/17/2013We went for a quiet, romantic dinner on a weeknight. We were graciously greeted and were given a choice of tables. Our drink orders were taken immediately and came promptly. Salads were very good and fresh, with appropriate serving sizes. But what really stood out were our entrees. We both had the scallops with risotto. The touch of jalapeno in the risotto was fabulous. If it was acceptable to lick our plates, we would have! The lemon cake was also a winner. We really like Cafe Europa and will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was good. Small menuAmySDined on 10/12/2013Dinner was good. Small menu but very good and fresh. Had the beet salad which was perfect and the scallops with jalpeno rissotto which was also amazing. My husband had the ribeye which was cooked perfectly. Quaint, quiet restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with short menuRickVIPDined on 9/28/2013The Rabbit Strudel appetizer was sublime. We also had a small pizza with the baked/roasted Halibut. It was all excellent. We also had lemon cake and pear sorbet for dessert. I recommend this place for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2013Great food and ambience. The scallops were excellent. The plum cobbler with ice cream is a definite winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2013So great to have Cafe Europa in the neighborhood. Great food and excellent service!Special Features:
- SundaydeniseVIPDined on 9/8/2013It was wonderful. I will go back often & recommend this restaurant to my friends. Portion size great, divine scallops & of course the lemon cake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Food highlights included the pan roasted scallops and the lemon cake desert. Everything else was average. Service was okay - our server met our needs but was extremely curt. It felt like this was her last shift before a day off from a busy weekend, and she didn't care to be there. The other servers seemed warm and attentive. We've been waiting to try this place for a while, but can't say that we'll be going back except perhaps to grab some lemon cake to go.
- Wonderful meal. SatisfyingMartynVIPDined on 8/30/2013Wonderful meal. Satisfying in every respect. Excellent spot near the Kansas City Plaza without the noise and the crowds. Appropriately named "Cafe Europa," it's a European gem with both American and Continental flavors. And they pour a good drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Wonderful food, service and beautiful decor. Nice for meeting friends for dinner or girlfriends for lunch and shopping at the unique Crestwood shops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treat to dine atbobrVIPDined on 8/25/2013always a treat to dine at Cafe Europa. consistently fine entrees and good service. used the Sunday-night special menu to order Nate's excellent scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crestwood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2013My wife and I have made Cafe Europa our "go to" place for everything from a romantic anniversary to those nights you just don't feel like cooking yourself. It is always delicious, friendly, and welcoming. I take visiting scholars there often to show that KC has local class and you don't need to give your money to a Plaza national chain.Special Features:
- Cafe Europa continues to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2013Cafe Europa continues to be one of our favorites. The food was wonderful, especially the scallops, and the lime tart made a delightful dessert. Great service provided by James!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Europa Like UtopiaHuffDined on 8/10/2013My favorite restaurant in the greater KC metro area. The food is always outstanding, the wait staff are friendly and attentive; the dining room is cozy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always wonderful.JRubeDined on 7/30/2013The food is always wonderful. They change their menus monthly so you never get tired of the selections. the service is always great and the servers are friendly and accomdating.Special Features:
- We love Cafe Europa!EH13VIPDined on 7/27/2013We love this place! Menu is small, but all the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Always Perfect!nonicknamesplease13VIPDined on 7/24/2013We are always treated very well here....it is why we keep going back! The food is always prepared well and does include some very inventive dishes from time to time. We would hope that the dinner entree choices could be slightly expanded at some point with one or two additional offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhod GemHawkeyeDined on 7/22/2013Lovely ambiance, good food, great place to meet friends and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big hitbigfanDined on 7/19/2013I brought a group of six women for dinner and they were very complimentary. Everything was good, but the biggest raves were for the trout. One of the party grew up in a family-run supper club and she commented that the trout was possibly the best she'd ever tasted. (And we have spent many years on the planet so far :-)!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013I don't recall the name of the waiter who was our server but he was exceptional - attentive but not intrusive, very patient as we waited for the last member of our party of 4 to arrive, very helpful. We dined 6/27 with a 7:30 reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice window tableKCdinerVIPDined on 6/27/2013We had a nice window table that provided ample room for 4. The cocktails and wine were delicious and all our menu choices were well prepared. The beet salad is worth particular mention with just the right mix of salt and sweet. Also, the scallops with risotto was a hearty, tasty dish. While we didn't see any chocolate on the dessert menu, the lemon cake was just what a lemon cake should taste like.Special Features:
- Incredible Dessert!stevieDined on 6/22/2013High quality food in a quiet & comfortable atmosphere. Staff & owner very knowledgeable & attentive. Entree menu at this sitting was a bit more limited than we would have liked. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around excellent experiencepoppyDined on 6/18/2013Lovely atmosphere & the service was very attentive. Generous beets & amazing goat cheese in beet & goat cheese salad and the risotto (without scallops) was seasoned beautifully. The duck dish was flavorful, nicely balanced, and cooked perfectly. Nicely done pepperoni pizza. The burger was a bit thick but tasty paired with giant, perfectly crunchy fries. Good, affordable wine list - overall highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menumoonriverDined on 6/12/2013A picturesque little restaurant with nice ambience. But I'm not sure when I've seen such a limited menu. Very little to choose from. And they were already out of one of the dessserts by the time we ordered it, even though we dined early (6:30 pm dinner reservations). Service was just ok. I am unlikely to return unless the menu were to be expanded.
- A special placeSissyDined on 6/6/2013My husband and I love Cafe Europa. We can always count on excellent food and service! It is truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.