4318 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118Neighborhood:
Eastern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://europasf.com/
- Phone: 4153861000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Polish, German, Eastern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide of-site catering. Please email email@example.com if you are would like us to provide food for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private room where we can accommodate parties from 10 to 30 people. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about an event.
- Private Party Contact: Dziugas 4155019887
- Entertainment: We play variety of great music (jazz, piano, etc.) Real vinyl records on our turntable setup. Some guests bring their own records and we play it (subject to our discretion if it fits the atmosphere).
A word from Cafe Europa
Cafe Europa is a Central/Eastern European restaurant in San Francisco. We serve fresh homemade favorites from Poland, Germany, Russia and many more countries. We take pride in our food and prepare everything in house fresh. Our idea is to bring together Central/Eastern European cuisine and make it welcoming for everyone regardless of their background. Our menu features such fan favorites as: Pierogi, Red Borscht, Dill Cucumber Soup - another soup that’s a hit with our guests, Pork Schnitzel - tenderized loin breaded and sautéed (Some say best in San Francisco), Stuffed Cabbage Rolls, Homemade sausage - yes we do our own sausage in house from scratch, Goulash and Stroganoff stews with rich sauces full of flavor. While European cuisine is meat heavy we do offer few excellent vegetarian/vegan choices. Since we do everything in house we know all the ingredients and can accommodate people with food allergies. We also offer one of the best European beer selections in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Europa reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Like a trip to the old worldCrabcakesDined on 10/21/2014We had a thoroughly lovely dining experience at Cafe Europa which felt like we were transported to Eastern Europe. The owner/host/server was very welcoming; the food authenically delicious; the beer selection interesting; and the ambience comforting. All in all a very delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood spotsfbayruthDined on 10/21/2014Eastern European food is not that common in San Francisco so this place provides a bit of diversity. The food and service are good for a neighborhood restaurant.
- First time was a winnerpauldDined on 10/2/2014This was ur first time at Cafe Europe, but it won't be our last. We ate early so the place was not crowded. It advertised itself as "comfort food." an it was that. My friend had Lamb Shank on a mound of mashed potatoes. I had Beef Stroganof. They were both delicious. We gave it a 9 out of 10 for the food. It is not a fancy place but the wait staff were very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Cafe Europa reviews archive.
- Delicious Eastern EuropeansfbayruthDined on 6/19/2014Great neighborhood spot for authentic Eastern European food which was delicious and fresh. Service is very friendly and accommodating. We'll definitely be back to try to try the other items on the menu.
- We will be going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014My husband and I got a last minute reservation for Cafe Europa and we were so pleased. The food was delicious, service outstanding and they were just lovely through the entire dinner. Go to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/9/2014Café Europe offers authentic E. European food in the Inner Richmond - very welcome change of pace among the (very good) Asian restaurants around. Pierogies, pork schnitzel, stroganoff -- standard dishes, but all very nicely cooked. Some dishes have quite a bit of garlic (goulash for one), so ask if you're sensitive. Best of all, nearly a dozen East European beers on draft. The Polish and Czech beers we've tried are excellent. Still more bottled E. European beers. The décor is rather plain, and there are fewer than a dozen tables. Also bar seating. Best part of the ambiance is the soft jazz playing in the background, vinyl on a real turntable. Service is attentive, friendly. Kitchen occasionally a little slow. We'll go here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food of Eastern Europe!nonicknameVIPDined on 2/4/2014This was our first but NOT our last time to dine at this charming restaurant. The Cabbage Rolls were quite impressive in size & delicious as well. They were out of the Stroganoff so I had the Goulash instead - it was good & hit the spot on that chilly night. We were impressed with the selection of draft beers, the selection of wines was good too. The Apple Cake was so good that we wanted to ask to take a whole cake home with us but our waistlines said, "No!" The one & only server was gracious & accommodating - he really understands the art of service. Note worthy: there's a room in the back of the restaurant that would be great for a private party. We look forward to trying some more of their eastern European specialties.Special Features:
- Eastern European CuisineVerypoorstartDined on 7/28/2013We were visitors to San Francisco and wanted a restaurant with food choices that we couldn't find at home. Cafe Europa was a perfect choices. I'd characterize the experience as being a guest at the home of an excellent cook. The menu had many choices, with ample examples of familiar Eastern European food selections. The restaurant is small, maybe a dozen tables. We ordered starters, mains, and deserts and all were well prepared, but not super fancy. We were happy that we found Cafe Europa. It is located in a residential area so parking is a challenge. Try Geary and take note of the parking meters...they are a tourist trap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic!QueenDined on 7/7/2013Food was fresh & yummy...rivaled Grandma's. I am 100% Polish and I thought the food was so authentic! I will return for certain. Service was wonderful, too! If you're in a hurry, may want to wait for a night that you have a bit more time because everything is homemade fresh so it's not "fast food" in either sense. Well-worth a short wait!! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spot of calmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2013A calm, relaxed atmosphere conducive to conversation and enjoying well prepared food. As advertised, European comfort food accompanied by a good selection of draught and bottled European beers. Having walked to the restaurant as evening clouds began to descend and finding the wooden floor, old bar, subdued lighting, and '50's-'60's jazz records on a turntable, a bit like a quick but unhurried evening trip to Prague for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.