26 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeescadrille.com/
- Phone: 7812731916x
- Hours of Operation:
Late Night Menu available Monday – Saturday until Midnight.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Theurer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live music during St. Patrick"s Day week and at other times during the year. Please check our website for more information CafeEscadrille.com.
- Cross Street: Ray Ave
- Public Transit: Cafe Escadrille is located on several MBTA bus routes.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a large private parking lot for both the restaurant and function facility with complimentary valet parking. For guests staying in area hotels, we also offer complimentary transportation with our 15-passenger Cafe Escadrille shuttle. Please call 781.273.1916 for more information.
A word from Cafe Escadrille
Just 15 minutes north of Boston, Cafe Escadrille is a landmark restaurant known for its great food, drink and service - offering three unique dining experiences. The Cafe offers classic and new American dishes in a lively, casual atmosphere. The Cafe menu is also available on our Outdoor Patio during the warmer months. The Famous Mahogany Bar is one of the few places in the greater Boston area serving food until midnight. And lastly, our elegant and intimate Gourmet Room offers classic continental cuisine with a touch of French savoir faire including dishes prepared or flamed right at your table! Our extensive wine list offers more than 300 labels. Private and Semi-Private dining available for groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Escadrille reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (35)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (30)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014As always I enjoyed the food. This is the first time I've returned since the renovations. I found the acoustics very poor and made conversation very difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent dining experience. Would definitely recommend without hesitation. Service, food and ambiance is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyHungryDined on 9/13/2014Waitress was excellent. My prime rib wasn't cooked to my preference. Manager came to table to apologize & took care of issue. Both were very apologetic & they made sure we we're satisfied. Manager gave complimentary desserts which shows how classy the employees are. Still my favorite restaurant because of service like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NSdiner23NSdiner23Dined on 9/13/2014Our party consisted of eight, and we were delighted to find that everyone's order was just as ordered. The wait staff was very attentive, and came back several times to check and see if everything was allright, which it was. The atmosphere was o.k., and the noise level was a little louder than we would have liked, but not so that you couldn't hear each other speak. The only other thing that would have made it better was if there would have been a round table. We would definitely return to this restaurant as we had a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Waiter was attentive but not intrusive. The recent renovation only added to the ambiance. Menu in my opinion is well balanced for all diners. There's ample portions & very palatable. Never ever regret choosing the Escadrille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedduff66Dined on 9/12/2014Usually a cant miss place but have missed a couple of times nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenteleniDined on 9/6/2014Food was fabulous and the service great. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetite !!!ReggieDined on 9/5/2014This was one of the most delightful and delicious evenings my friend and I have had all summer long!!! And we have really done the tour from Legal harborside outside to the intercontinental to Henrietta's table to landana's to BobbyC's. This was just a total delight!! I intend to buy a gift card to cafe escadrille for an anniversary gift for my daughter!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceNonnaCarolDined on 8/30/2014Cafe Escadrille is by far the best dining experience we've had in Burlington. There are numerous dining establishments from which to choose and they have never disappointed. Eighteen of us were celebrating and everything from the appetizers which included a lovely selection of cheese and crackers, Clams Casino and shrimp cocktail were delicious. Entrees for all of us were delivered at the same time and they were hot and carefully plated. Members of our party were very pleased with their choices which included: butternut squash ravioli, blackened swordfish, steaks, prime rib and salmon. Peter, the beverage manager was very helpful in choosing a champagne and red and white wines for the table in our price range. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Friday night at the CafemaddieMDined on 8/29/2014We had dinner in the cafe on a recent Friday night. Had a reservation and were seated immediately (it was not full). Had eaten there years ago and thought we would try it again - I was under the impression it was very upscale, but the cafe is not. Lots of folks around us were wearing jeans and golf clothes. We waited a bit for our drinks and then to order, but the food once we got it was very good - lamb chops and chicken picatta. Plenty of food, prepared well. Lots of choice on the menu. We would return but wouldn't recommend dinner there if you are in a hurry (took 10 minutes to clear our plates). They had live music at 8:15 - we were sitting very close and it wasn't our style so we left shortly after they started - passing up desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!MaxgoldenDined on 8/25/2014Went with my golf group for an end of season dinner. From the moment we arrived, all was perfect. All specials were described in detail, drink orders arrived promptly, and our waiter, Gary, was great. He had a great sense of humor- a must- he had 10 female diners to accommodate. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I go to the Escadrille often and am never disappointed. Whether it's lunch for two, dinner for 10, or holiday dining, the food and service are always exceptional.Special Features:
- Very Good as usualJohnTDined on 8/23/2014Café Escadrille is and has always been one of the most consistent restaurants we go to. The service is always very good, the food is always very good and we have never been disappointed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who want to go somewhere and know that everything will be very good and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great takeJudyNewburyportDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my 58th birthday Saturday evening. Sat in the gourmet area as we usually do. Tableside Cesar Salad was outstaneding, and prepared by a relatively new waiter, Raymond. He did great. We also ordered the Steak Diane, which was another item to be prepared tableside, but it came as an item out of the kitchen. Raymond said it was cooked tableside.....I asked "well whose table? It wasn't ours!) That's my only issue, it wasn't prepared tableside but it was very very good. I will continue as a regular guest, they are a fabulous restaurant, and really try very hard to make you feel special.Special Features:
- great catchHappyatlast2Dined on 8/23/2014Cajin scrod was fantastic I am a very picky fish eater. We stopped going to the TALK and I wanted a place where I could enjoy the fish, well Found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Just okayBooeyDined on 8/21/2014Service was great. Venue was very nice, clean, and great floor plans. Food was so so. Menu reads great but the plates were a bit uninspired. Not enough vegetarian friendly options for apps either.Special Features:
- Cafe Escadrillelulu41Dined on 8/16/2014Delicious food , great wait staff , quiet if you want it to be! We enjoyed this restaurant with friends! Extensive menu. We will be back. LuLu 41Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arlingtoneaterDined on 8/16/2014Went here for my husband's birthday. It was fabulous. The food is good and very competently prepared; presentation very nice. Menu is filled with good, solid, fancy restaurant type fare--nothing out of the ordinary. The service, however, was extraordinary. Waitstaff very attentive and patient and friendly. When the sommelier noticed our waitress walking to our table with the wine we'd ordered he swooped down and offered to answer any questions we might have. Delivery of food was paced perfectly, we had a relaxed meal and didn't feel rushed at all. Don't know if we'd come again; the place is a little mainstream for our taste. But I'd definitely bring my Dad here.Special Features:
- Too NoisytigerfireDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was too loud. There was a DJ on the patio and all we could hear in the dining room was the "Boom, boom" of the bass, it was very loud. Then a live duo began performing in the main dining room, but the DJ was still going strong on the patio. So all we could hear was the over loud bass and the duo competing. We didn't stay for dessert because we both had headaches from the noise. The food was okay, average at best and expensive and there was no ambiance to speak of because of the noise. We will not be returning anytime soon.
- jackVIPDined on 8/12/2014Havent's been here for a while but found reasonably priced food of good quality
- Fantastic Dining Experiance 8-02-14StevePVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were met at the front entrance by Machala and Kaylee and were promptly seated at Table # 58 as requested. The extremely friendly and outgoing personalities of these "entrance greeters " is remarkable and they even took the time to visit the table during our dining experiance which was fantastic. The service from Cathy was fabulous and her attention to detail and perfection was noted and we look forward to returning the Escadrille. It was great to see Iggy and Kerry take time from their extremely busy shift to visit the table... Hat's off to the entire Escadrille team for their exceptional service and attention to detail.. BTW: The food was fantastic.. Those Fried Clams were out of this world and the two(2) bottles of wine .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the EscadrilleJohnTDined on 8/2/2014As usual, the food, service and experience was very good. This restaurant is so consistent, no matter how many times we go, we always know we will leave feeling very full and will have had very good service. Love it and going back next weekend.Special Features:
- MaxgoldenDined on 8/2/2014As always , our evening at the Cafe escadrille was a great one. The staff was attentive to our every need. The food and wine were perfect, as we expected .Special Features:
- Neglected pleasureItalianVIPDined on 8/2/2014It has been ages since our last visit here and we were pleased to see some structural changes...the outdoor area, banquet area and also feel the well-remembered warm and welcoming atmosphere and charm. This was a SAturday late lunch...it was quiet, unhurried with a succulent lamb skewered over a delicious salad. My husband of course ordered breakfast which was a light fluffy veggie omelet with great potatoes. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HappyCustomerDined on 8/1/2014We went to celebrate my husbands retirement. I had requested that our drinks be on the table or delivered as soon as we were seated. And, as soon as we were seated, Brenda our waitress came over and rubbed my back saying she would be right back. There were our drinks. She didn't want them sitting at the table so she had them at the table. I picked this place because my husband loves escargot and I heard theirs was the best. Without a doubt it was a great call. We were so happy and full when we left. Our service was excellent! Our food was excellent! I can't thank you enough for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!KcarrDined on 7/29/2014I went here for my birthday dinner and it was absolutely fantastic! I had The Perfect Pair for dinner which was stuffed jumbo shrimp and filet mignon - everything was cooked perfectly. Our waitress had the timing down and everything was served at the right time; never waiting too long or feeling rushed. She was very attentive and accommodating. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone look for a special night!Special Features:
- Neeny3Dined on 7/24/2014Escadrille is always excellent, lunch, dinner, late night, or function.Special Features:
- Favorite for business lunch/dinnerAndyMDined on 7/21/2014I have always liked Cafe Espadrille for business lunches or dinners, with 1 to 3 clients & perhaps one of my co-workers. Its location makes it easy for both local & out-of-state clients to find if they work along the I-95/128 Beltway above Wellesley & below Chelmsford. Staff has always been consistently friendly, flexible and helpful to me whenever I have had a business meal at their facility, and they have also been great on weekends when I've dined there with family and friends. Anyone who likes well prepared and well served meals will find at least one tempting item on the menu & it has one of the better Wine Lists outside of Boston proper. Excellent standards of cuisine, service & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe escadrillenancyf5Dined on 7/21/2014The staff was friendly and accommodating and the food was brought with all of the changes we had asked for. Our lunch group of 6 will come back here again.Special Features:
- Boston's best not in BostonoldnwiseDined on 7/19/2014Plenty of free parking, or valet service if needed. Great menu with lots of premium items and lots of items not found in most restaurants these days. Good quick service. I ordered Duck L'Orange not common anywhere these days. I got a full 1/2 boneless duck exquisitely prepared in classic style with most of the fat cooked away and crisp skin. She ordered baked sea scallops, and they were wonderful. Unusual was the quantity of scallops - 8 per serving when most others give 4-6. That night was mild temperature and the wall to the outside seating area was wide open giving us lots of fresh air without risking rain. This is still a first class place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy & ElegantEdwardDined on 7/19/2014We had reservations to celebrate my wife's birthday, and were seated immediately just inside the outdoor patio. With a friendly staff waiting to help and serve you, makes you feel special. We had a beautiful view of the outdoor patio with its comfortable seating, fireplace, and water fountain – our next dining experience here no doubt. Our server Lorna was perfect in every way. For example, she presented me with two different taste samplers, because I couldn’t decide on the beer of my choice. The manager, Brittany, came over very attentively to inquire about our dining experience. Our Filet Mignon dinners were delicious, and I recommend the Signature Ice Cream Puff for dessert. A fun and fine-dining experience - this is as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a very nice dinner.like2eatDined on 7/14/2014Attractive venue. Food was good, especially Brie appetizer. Only complaint was stuffed shrimp too dry. Waiter very attentive. Place to go for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OlieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have been a patron of this restaurant for nearly 30 yrs. and feel like recently since they began their renovations it has gone down hill a bit. Very disappointing after all this time.Hostess was friendly , however our waitress although friendly ,not very attentive. Two different servers brought our appetizer and entrees, she only brought salads and difficult to find to order drink refills. My meal was good, however sauce was watery and not much flavor. This happened last time also, thought it was a fluke so tried again and was disappointed. not sure what's going on but hope it improves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelfluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Everything about the restaurant is excellent. There is no need to go into Boston as long as the Cafe exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent overall. A last minute choice. Wait staff were personable and helpful. Menu choices were plentiful, and having some 'picky eaters' with us ensured something for everyone.Special Features:
- Birthday visit to EscadrilleneildbermanVIPDined on 7/7/2014We arrived at Escadrille for 6:30 reservation and were seated promptly. It was my wife's birthday. She had the Filet Mignon, which wasn't really up to par compared to when we have had it in the past. Usually, there was no fat or gristle and it could be cut like butter. This tine it was a little tougher -- for $34 there should be no waste. I had the Perfect Pair (filet and Baked stuffed shrimp, which was up to par. We shared William Hill Chardonnay and had Cappuccino Ice cream puffs for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl23Dined on 7/2/2014The restaurant is good, we have been going there for many many years. Sometimes good, sometimes okay. The bar is always a special place to be at. Need to try the new patio area. They have a good selection on their menu. It should satisfy even fussy eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but the food was OKwenmattDined on 6/30/2014Outdoor dining on a June evening is the perfect way to get together with friends for dinner. Unfortunately we chose paint night for our evening out and the group of 20 painters were seated right next to the patio and our conversation was drowned out by the teacher telling her students how to make butterflies and flowers. My friend and I got the jonah crab cakes as an app, salmon for dinner, and creme brulee for dessert. I'm a bit of a foodie so bare with my criticism if you may. The crab cakes were eh. I like lump crab but these were shredded and wet and they fell apart. Both salmon dishes were cooked perfectly. The creme brulee was cold and the waitress told us that's normal, like I didn't know better. I think this place is overrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014i have been coming to escadrille for years ! always excellent! I felt a different vibe this time.. the food was so so ! I was told the manager left and we really liked him ! But I won't give up I will come again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobdenDined on 6/28/2014we had a 7 p.m. reservation & checked in at the front desk, told them we would be at bar & then waited. We went back to front desk to inquire about our reservation only to be told that our table had been ready for a while. I asked, why didn't you come and get us at the bar?" We ordered stuffed lobster -- it came out well done, dry and not sweet -- what a shame. My husband ordered MR steak, it came out medium and he sent it back. The kitchen obviously kept the food under a light while our server ran around with 2 other tables and did not come back to us for a while. I would not come back.Special Features:
- Yummymindyp17Dined on 6/25/2014Everyone at our table enjoyed their food - from prime rib to salmon and other choices in between. The server was friendly and asked if we needed a refill on our iced tea. Did not have to be reminded to put a candle in my son's dessert to celebrate his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.