26 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeescadrille.com/
- Phone: (781) 273-1916
- Hours of Operation:
Late Night Menu available Monday – Saturday until Midnight.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Theurer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live music during every night from 8:00pm - Midnight. Please check our website for more information CafeEscadrille.com.
- Cross Street: Ray Ave
- Public Transit: Cafe Escadrille is located on several MBTA bus routes.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a large private parking lot for both the restaurant and function facility with complimentary valet parking. For guests staying in area hotels, we also offer complimentary transportation with our 15-passenger Cafe Escadrille shuttle. Please call 781.273.1916 for more information.
A word from Cafe Escadrille
Just 15 minutes north of Boston, Cafe Escadrille is a landmark restaurant known for its great food, drink and service - offering three unique dining experiences. The Cafe offers classic and new American dishes in a lively, casual atmosphere. The Cafe menu is also available on our Outdoor Patio during the warmer months. The Famous Mahogany Bar is one of the few places in the greater Boston area serving food until midnight. And lastly, our elegant and intimate Gourmet Room offers classic continental cuisine with a touch of French savoir faire including dishes prepared or flamed right at your table! Our extensive wine list offers more than 300 labels. Private and Semi-Private dining available for groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cafe Escadrille - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
Cafe Escadrille reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (48)romantic (41)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (22)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (14)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I haven't been there in quite a few years. It was every bit as good as I remembered it to be. I was delighted at how affordable it was compared to other restaurants in its class. (Ssshhhh - don't tell anybody or they'll change it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I see the appeal, not for everyonebostonresidentDined on 11/21/2014If you're looking for fine food, I'd say go elsewhere. If you're going for the appearance of fine dining ok. A place that sweeps crumbs off the tablecloth should be able to broil scallops so they aren't overcooked *and* have soggy breading on the outside. The green beans weren't culled and a few had large ugly blemishes etc. Again, if they didn't have the pretense for being fine dining, it wouldn't matter... but since they do, it does. It's very much the type of place where the 65+ crowd thoroughly enjoys it. This is the type of place Ramsey hates because the menu is too big so the quality suffers. I did see some good looking steaks, so maybe I just got the wrong thing. But you know something is odd when Duck L'range and a Sushi menu reside within the same pages. My uncle and aunt liked it, and it was near where they were staying.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/15/2014on arrival for an early dinner reservation - was shown to what might possibly be the most unappealing table in the room - sitting right next to a half wall where the band is set up. inquired about other options. the person seating us - left us there - and had to go back to the reception area and check about whether this was possible or not. we were then led to the balcony area - a trek. I guess I expected that because I am a repeat diner there - and because I had made reservations - and my status with Open Table - that I would have been identified for a better table to begin with - so wrong. the service was good - the meal was good.Special Features:
- Busy & disapointingdjsullikDined on 11/8/2014We go to Cafe Escadrille for special occasions and this was for my wife's 50th birthday. I made reservations for 8:00 but were not seated until after 8:30. When we were finally seated it was in a side room, removed from the rest of the restaurant and our table was right next to the kitchen. On top of all this, (no fault of the restaurant) there were several 'casual' diners in jeans, etc. This used to be a place to go for special occasions and I used to look forward to go to a place where you felt you had to dress up for. Seeing people arrive in jeans sort of made it less a special place and more like an everyday experience. My wife and I were very disappointed in the overall experience and will rethink our choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Cafe EscadrilleEagle1Dined on 11/7/2014Seated promptly upon arrival and waiter immediately arrived and introduced himself and his assistant. Very attentive service without being intruding. Food was excellent. Good value for food quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate Not ExceptionalTedGDined on 11/5/2014I made a reservation for a dinner meeting. Overall, the dining experience was average. The steak was cooked to my linking but it did not have any special flavor seasoning. The service was fine---nothing exceptional or memorable. The wine menu was very notable---`a nice selection. Overall, I was not disappointed nor "blown away" with the meal and service. Also, the music was loud at times which made it hard to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business and pleasureVinceDined on 11/5/2014Waiter was excellent with full knowledge and flexible with individual preferences. Attentive without hovering over table and did not interrupt our conversations. At most restaurants the wait staff think nothing of charging up to the table while the guests are involved in a conversation. Although I live in MA, this was my first, but not my last at Café Escadrille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereTinaDined on 11/1/2014Nice restaurant. Very good food. Nice for a special occassion.Special Features:
- Delicious foodmrskrubbyDined on 10/30/2014Cafe Escadrille was great! The menu had lots of options. The baked Brie and Caesar salad were outstanding. I know, a Caesar salad, outstanding, really, but it was dressed perfectly and deliciously, greens were super fresh, croutons crunchy not too large, perfect amount of cheese. That attention to detail was carried out throughout the meal, the drinks and dessert. The chicken florentine was delicious, two large chicken breasts cooked just right, not rubbery, spinach very tasty, not wilted or over cooked, sauce just right along with pasta. Our table was in a weird section of the restaurant off to the side in a room cut off from the rest of the restaurant with about twelve other tables. Older crowd but a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great spot, with a wonderful wine list and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pfgoldfish13Dined on 10/25/2014Very aesthetically pleasing place. Went at 7pm on a Saturday — loud from the people, and then someone started playing piano. Couldn't hear my partner speaking a foot in front of me. Waitress impressively memorised out order, but she was very rude. Also, I've been here a few times before, so I was confused when we weren't offered bread and water. Our waitress eventually brought us a slice of bread and some sesame seed crackers while we were eating our meals. He had the French onion soup and Caesar salad — and said both were mediocre. I had the clam chowder and the salad greens/goat cheese salad. They did honour my request to leave the cheese on the side, though. Basically was just a little lettuce on a plate — $10. Will not return.
- Quality of the foodmece18Dined on 10/25/2014Food was absolutely amazing!!! Everything was so unbelievably delicious!!! Would highly recommend for a special occasion for 2 or with your extended family. Definitely going back for sure!!! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Food was fantastic. We had a great server, Iggy. The hostess station was my only issue. Not friendly at all, even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the 40 mile and 1 hour rideBidmanJoeMDined on 10/24/2014This is a north shore restaurant, we live 40+ mile drive, that can be over an hour in traffic. For us it's well worth the trip. Whether is for a special occasion or just a dinner after shopping at the nearby malls. The food is great, the deserts and the serviceSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerJEFFMICHELLEDined on 10/21/2014First time going to the restaurant and was very pleased. I ordered the filet and it was cooked the way I requested. My girlfriend ordered the prime rib and she loved it. We also ordered scallops wrapped in bacon and I will say they were the best We've ever eaten. I love butternut squash and I'm also picky about it and it was also very good. Price was what you'd expect and although I'm only a casual diner I'd come back again.Special Features:
- Last SaturdayNinaDined on 10/18/2014As usual great meal. Tim, waiter was very good. We have been to Escadrille many times, it is always a great experience! We had a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversarysandyr2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food was delicious, our server excellent and the overall experience was great. We are a little disappointed that for dinner so many people were dressed very casually (jeans, flip flops, etc.) and we are in our mid-forties! We think the restaurant warrants a little step up in the dress code - but I guess that's the way of today. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Great lunch menu - lots of varied offerings and the food was delicious. Only negative comment is it took a while to get the second round of drinks.Special Features:
- 30th wedding anniversaryfamilyfeastDined on 10/11/2014We had the pleasure of dining at your restaurant for our 30th anniversary, funny though we also came for our 25th too. The food was fabulous from the drinks right through to the dessert. Portions were plentiful and absolutely delicious. WE look forward to coming back probably for New Years as we also were there last year too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningBillADined on 10/11/2014Our reservation was honored on time and the area we were seated was not congested or too loud. The waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This is my favorite restaurant to lunch at so whenever the chance arises I always choose this restaurant. Six of us had lunch there the other day. It was a family reunion of sorts as my sister was visiting from California. One sister has to have gluten free food and they accommodated her request nicely. The rest of us ordered from the regular menu: one had filet mignon, two had baked scallops, one had lamb, and I had the pasta fra diavlo. Everyone enjoyed their meals and there was even room for dessert! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a restaurant that offers fine dining with excellent food and great ambiance. An added note: our waitress was wonderful.....pleasant and accommodating for all our needs.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencenursereg1Dined on 10/7/2014The menu was varied with something for everyone at the table. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. Food was great. Everyone at the table had something different and each of us enjoyed our meal. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceGonzoDined on 10/4/2014This was the first time I had been at this restaurant. We were meeting friends from the North Shore. We were seated right away but, we sat there for almost an hour, before the waitress came to take our order. The food was very good but the service just wasn't. The restaurant was not crowded - we were there for a late lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early was rightAnniversarydinnerDined on 10/3/2014Not too busy & quiet on arrival @ our reservation time of 545PM. Seated and attended to in a courteous & professional manner throughout. Food was very good. My wife commented on the apparent freshness of her scallops. While really without complaint, this will remain a special occasion restaurant for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/30/2014We have been to Cafe Escadrille many times over the years but found it getting old and with a disappointng menu. Prices seem to have increased without improving or updating the menu. Not what it used to be.
- Excellent all aroundKittyDined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding, service was excellent and the atmosphere was beautiful! We enjoyed the experience very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMmmFoodDined on 9/27/2014I have been wanting took try this restaurant for years due to family and friend recommendations. It did not disappoint to say the least. The duck was superb; and the oysters were so tasty. A group of four each enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DisapointedJohnTDined on 9/27/2014For the first time since we started going to the Café Escadrille we did not have good service. I guess because we are so used to it being great it was a huge disappointment. We waited almost 15 minutes for anyone to come near our table (it wasn't busy at all) and at one point we had ordered another glass of wine each and our server finally came over and said oh I forgot your wine - do you still want it?? Not at all what we are used to there - food as usual was great, atmosphere as well. We will still be going back but will make sure we do not have the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Escadrille-WoburnStitchwitchDined on 9/26/2014What an outstanding restaurant experience! This was my first time eating in the restaurant. I was extremely impressed by the professionalism of the waiter who served us. I was with an elderly friend on a cane . They have a handicapped accessible ramp inside of the restaurant! We enjoyed the live entertainment that wasn't too loud. Most of all the food was impeccably prepared and the gourmet flavors shone through! My compliments to the chef for outstanding taste, and plating of the most delicious meals. Definitely a place to go back to! The restaurant also has a function hall for larger parties. I would host my next event there! Absolutely OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- Consistantly Good!Dining21Dined on 9/26/2014As usual, everything was very good. Recommend for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- 09-26-14 Dinner SessionStevePVIPDined on 9/26/2014As always,I was met at the door by Brittney( two t’s) with a warm welcome and Joanne, recalled our extremely unique greeting from our initial introduction, which started the evening in the right direction.It was nice to see Iggy, who had worked the entire day, just before he went home for the evening. I had a lovely exchange with Toni ( With an i) and Kerry before sitting down for dinner There was a warm Birthday celebration at Table # 58, with BC and his group, and Kayla, serving up the Birthday cake with Pictures all around. We were seated at Table # 90 on the Patio, with the # 1 server in New England, Patti (with an i), on a beautiful evening with some old friends looking forward to our session with Patti on the Patio which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too big for us, but good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014This looked like a great place for a private function; the function rooms were beautiful. The main dining room was very loud and had lots of large groups. We were just two people looking for a romantic night out, and it was not the right place for that. The food was good, but the service was slow, probably because it was so busy. They need more wait-staff!Special Features:
- Good Friends Get-TogetherHilltop209Dined on 9/25/2014As always, We enjoyed an delightful lunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very good but the sevice was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Special Time OutHappyDinerDined on 9/20/2014I love Café Escadrille for special events in my relationship. Food is very good, a bit pricey, but worthwhile! It is not a place to visit several times a week due to the cost, but it is a primary pick for those special times.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJohnTDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, would highly recommend. We have enjoyed both lunch and diners.Special Features:
- A 5-star EveningBostonChuckDined on 9/20/2014We hosted a 60th birthday party for two friends in the Gourmet room and it couldn't have been better. It was a party of 14 and the service along with the food was outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014found the food ok but not fabulous. Ordered the baked stuff sole and it seemed more like a sole omelette.
- Room MatesOut2eatDined on 9/18/2014We had a lovely time on our return to Cafe Escadrille. This was not only because of the quality of the food, but also because of the lovely server, Kayla. We're four old(!) room mates from college who get together once a year. We take a lot of time, and have a lot of laughs. Kayla was very patient with us, and she appeared to enjoy us as much as we enjoyed her. Our food was, as it is every year, wonderful, and I do think they have the best bartender in town! The slight film of ice topping the bone dry martini proves he/she knows what they're doing. Cafe Escadrille is certainly the place to go for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- readytoeatDined on 9/17/2014As always I enjoyed the food. This is the first time I've returned since the renovations. I found the acoustics very poor and made conversation very difficult.Special Features: