26 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeescadrille.com/
- Phone: 7812731916x
- Hours of Operation:
Late Night Menu available Monday – Saturday until Midnight.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Theurer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live music during St. Patrick"s Day week and at other times during the year. Please check our website for more information CafeEscadrille.com.
- Cross Street: Ray Ave
- Public Transit: Cafe Escadrille is located on several MBTA bus routes.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer a large private parking lot for both the restaurant and function facility with complimentary valet parking. For guests staying in area hotels, we also offer complimentary transportation with our 15-passenger Cafe Escadrille shuttle. Please call 781.273.1916 for more information.
A word from Cafe Escadrille
Just 15 minutes north of Boston, Cafe Escadrille is a landmark restaurant known for its great food, drink and service - offering three unique dining experiences. The Cafe offers classic and new American dishes in a lively, casual atmosphere. The Cafe menu is also available on our Outdoor Patio during the warmer months. The Famous Mahogany Bar is one of the few places in the greater Boston area serving food until midnight. And lastly, our elegant and intimate Gourmet Room offers classic continental cuisine with a touch of French savoir faire including dishes prepared or flamed right at your table! Our extensive wine list offers more than 300 labels. Private and Semi-Private dining available for groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cafe Escadrille - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
Cafe Escadrille reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)good for groups (43)great for lunch (41)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (28)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Another great experience!MaxgoldenDined on 8/25/2014Went with my golf group for an end of season dinner. From the moment we arrived, all was perfect. All specials were described in detail, drink orders arrived promptly, and our waiter, Gary, was great. He had a great sense of humor- a must- he had 10 female diners to accommodate. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I go to the Escadrille often and am never disappointed. Whether it's lunch for two, dinner for 10, or holiday dining, the food and service are always exceptional.Special Features:
- Very Good as usualJohnTDined on 8/23/2014Café Escadrille is and has always been one of the most consistent restaurants we go to. The service is always very good, the food is always very good and we have never been disappointed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who want to go somewhere and know that everything will be very good and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great takeJudyNewburyportDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my 58th birthday Saturday evening. Sat in the gourmet area as we usually do. Tableside Cesar Salad was outstaneding, and prepared by a relatively new waiter, Raymond. He did great. We also ordered the Steak Diane, which was another item to be prepared tableside, but it came as an item out of the kitchen. Raymond said it was cooked tableside.....I asked "well whose table? It wasn't ours!) That's my only issue, it wasn't prepared tableside but it was very very good. I will continue as a regular guest, they are a fabulous restaurant, and really try very hard to make you feel special.Special Features:
- great catchHappyatlast2Dined on 8/23/2014Cajin scrod was fantastic I am a very picky fish eater. We stopped going to the TALK and I wanted a place where I could enjoy the fish, well Found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Just okayBooeyDined on 8/21/2014Service was great. Venue was very nice, clean, and great floor plans. Food was so so. Menu reads great but the plates were a bit uninspired. Not enough vegetarian friendly options for apps either.Special Features:
- Cafe Escadrillelulu41Dined on 8/16/2014Delicious food , great wait staff , quiet if you want it to be! We enjoyed this restaurant with friends! Extensive menu. We will be back. LuLu 41Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arlingtoneaterDined on 8/16/2014Went here for my husband's birthday. It was fabulous. The food is good and very competently prepared; presentation very nice. Menu is filled with good, solid, fancy restaurant type fare--nothing out of the ordinary. The service, however, was extraordinary. Waitstaff very attentive and patient and friendly. When the sommelier noticed our waitress walking to our table with the wine we'd ordered he swooped down and offered to answer any questions we might have. Delivery of food was paced perfectly, we had a relaxed meal and didn't feel rushed at all. Don't know if we'd come again; the place is a little mainstream for our taste. But I'd definitely bring my Dad here.Special Features:
- Too NoisytigerfireDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was too loud. There was a DJ on the patio and all we could hear in the dining room was the "Boom, boom" of the bass, it was very loud. Then a live duo began performing in the main dining room, but the DJ was still going strong on the patio. So all we could hear was the over loud bass and the duo competing. We didn't stay for dessert because we both had headaches from the noise. The food was okay, average at best and expensive and there was no ambiance to speak of because of the noise. We will not be returning anytime soon.
- jackVIPDined on 8/12/2014Havent's been here for a while but found reasonably priced food of good quality
- Fantastic Dining Experiance 8-02-14StevePVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were met at the front entrance by Machala and Kaylee and were promptly seated at Table # 58 as requested. The extremely friendly and outgoing personalities of these "entrance greeters " is remarkable and they even took the time to visit the table during our dining experiance which was fantastic. The service from Cathy was fabulous and her attention to detail and perfection was noted and we look forward to returning the Escadrille. It was great to see Iggy and Kerry take time from their extremely busy shift to visit the table... Hat's off to the entire Escadrille team for their exceptional service and attention to detail.. BTW: The food was fantastic.. Those Fried Clams were out of this world and the two(2) bottles of wine .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the EscadrilleJohnTDined on 8/2/2014As usual, the food, service and experience was very good. This restaurant is so consistent, no matter how many times we go, we always know we will leave feeling very full and will have had very good service. Love it and going back next weekend.Special Features:
- MaxgoldenDined on 8/2/2014As always , our evening at the Cafe escadrille was a great one. The staff was attentive to our every need. The food and wine were perfect, as we expected .Special Features:
- Neglected pleasureItalianVIPDined on 8/2/2014It has been ages since our last visit here and we were pleased to see some structural changes...the outdoor area, banquet area and also feel the well-remembered warm and welcoming atmosphere and charm. This was a SAturday late lunch...it was quiet, unhurried with a succulent lamb skewered over a delicious salad. My husband of course ordered breakfast which was a light fluffy veggie omelet with great potatoes. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HappyCustomerDined on 8/1/2014We went to celebrate my husbands retirement. I had requested that our drinks be on the table or delivered as soon as we were seated. And, as soon as we were seated, Brenda our waitress came over and rubbed my back saying she would be right back. There were our drinks. She didn't want them sitting at the table so she had them at the table. I picked this place because my husband loves escargot and I heard theirs was the best. Without a doubt it was a great call. We were so happy and full when we left. Our service was excellent! Our food was excellent! I can't thank you enough for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!KcarrDined on 7/29/2014I went here for my birthday dinner and it was absolutely fantastic! I had The Perfect Pair for dinner which was stuffed jumbo shrimp and filet mignon - everything was cooked perfectly. Our waitress had the timing down and everything was served at the right time; never waiting too long or feeling rushed. She was very attentive and accommodating. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone look for a special night!Special Features:
- Neeny3Dined on 7/24/2014Escadrille is always excellent, lunch, dinner, late night, or function.Special Features:
- Favorite for business lunch/dinnerAndyMDined on 7/21/2014I have always liked Cafe Espadrille for business lunches or dinners, with 1 to 3 clients & perhaps one of my co-workers. Its location makes it easy for both local & out-of-state clients to find if they work along the I-95/128 Beltway above Wellesley & below Chelmsford. Staff has always been consistently friendly, flexible and helpful to me whenever I have had a business meal at their facility, and they have also been great on weekends when I've dined there with family and friends. Anyone who likes well prepared and well served meals will find at least one tempting item on the menu & it has one of the better Wine Lists outside of Boston proper. Excellent standards of cuisine, service & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe escadrillenancyf5Dined on 7/21/2014The staff was friendly and accommodating and the food was brought with all of the changes we had asked for. Our lunch group of 6 will come back here again.Special Features:
- Boston's best not in BostonoldnwiseDined on 7/19/2014Plenty of free parking, or valet service if needed. Great menu with lots of premium items and lots of items not found in most restaurants these days. Good quick service. I ordered Duck L'Orange not common anywhere these days. I got a full 1/2 boneless duck exquisitely prepared in classic style with most of the fat cooked away and crisp skin. She ordered baked sea scallops, and they were wonderful. Unusual was the quantity of scallops - 8 per serving when most others give 4-6. That night was mild temperature and the wall to the outside seating area was wide open giving us lots of fresh air without risking rain. This is still a first class place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy & ElegantEdwardDined on 7/19/2014We had reservations to celebrate my wife's birthday, and were seated immediately just inside the outdoor patio. With a friendly staff waiting to help and serve you, makes you feel special. We had a beautiful view of the outdoor patio with its comfortable seating, fireplace, and water fountain – our next dining experience here no doubt. Our server Lorna was perfect in every way. For example, she presented me with two different taste samplers, because I couldn’t decide on the beer of my choice. The manager, Brittany, came over very attentively to inquire about our dining experience. Our Filet Mignon dinners were delicious, and I recommend the Signature Ice Cream Puff for dessert. A fun and fine-dining experience - this is as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a very nice dinner.like2eatDined on 7/14/2014Attractive venue. Food was good, especially Brie appetizer. Only complaint was stuffed shrimp too dry. Waiter very attentive. Place to go for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OlieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have been a patron of this restaurant for nearly 30 yrs. and feel like recently since they began their renovations it has gone down hill a bit. Very disappointing after all this time.Hostess was friendly , however our waitress although friendly ,not very attentive. Two different servers brought our appetizer and entrees, she only brought salads and difficult to find to order drink refills. My meal was good, however sauce was watery and not much flavor. This happened last time also, thought it was a fluke so tried again and was disappointed. not sure what's going on but hope it improves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelfluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Everything about the restaurant is excellent. There is no need to go into Boston as long as the Cafe exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent overall. A last minute choice. Wait staff were personable and helpful. Menu choices were plentiful, and having some 'picky eaters' with us ensured something for everyone.Special Features:
- Birthday visit to EscadrilleneildbermanVIPDined on 7/7/2014We arrived at Escadrille for 6:30 reservation and were seated promptly. It was my wife's birthday. She had the Filet Mignon, which wasn't really up to par compared to when we have had it in the past. Usually, there was no fat or gristle and it could be cut like butter. This tine it was a little tougher -- for $34 there should be no waste. I had the Perfect Pair (filet and Baked stuffed shrimp, which was up to par. We shared William Hill Chardonnay and had Cappuccino Ice cream puffs for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl23Dined on 7/2/2014The restaurant is good, we have been going there for many many years. Sometimes good, sometimes okay. The bar is always a special place to be at. Need to try the new patio area. They have a good selection on their menu. It should satisfy even fussy eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but the food was OKwenmattDined on 6/30/2014Outdoor dining on a June evening is the perfect way to get together with friends for dinner. Unfortunately we chose paint night for our evening out and the group of 20 painters were seated right next to the patio and our conversation was drowned out by the teacher telling her students how to make butterflies and flowers. My friend and I got the jonah crab cakes as an app, salmon for dinner, and creme brulee for dessert. I'm a bit of a foodie so bare with my criticism if you may. The crab cakes were eh. I like lump crab but these were shredded and wet and they fell apart. Both salmon dishes were cooked perfectly. The creme brulee was cold and the waitress told us that's normal, like I didn't know better. I think this place is overrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014i have been coming to escadrille for years ! always excellent! I felt a different vibe this time.. the food was so so ! I was told the manager left and we really liked him ! But I won't give up I will come again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobdenDined on 6/28/2014we had a 7 p.m. reservation & checked in at the front desk, told them we would be at bar & then waited. We went back to front desk to inquire about our reservation only to be told that our table had been ready for a while. I asked, why didn't you come and get us at the bar?" We ordered stuffed lobster -- it came out well done, dry and not sweet -- what a shame. My husband ordered MR steak, it came out medium and he sent it back. The kitchen obviously kept the food under a light while our server ran around with 2 other tables and did not come back to us for a while. I would not come back.Special Features:
- Yummymindyp17Dined on 6/25/2014Everyone at our table enjoyed their food - from prime rib to salmon and other choices in between. The server was friendly and asked if we needed a refill on our iced tea. Did not have to be reminded to put a candle in my son's dessert to celebrate his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperianceStevePVIPDined on 6/25/2014We were met at the door by a new girl who promptly seated us at the round table as requested and BOTH Patti and Iggy were there as always... The Service was fantastic and KerrY actually stopped by several times to make sure that our dining experience was enjoyable as it was .. Can not wait to return.....Special Features:
- firstimpressionsDined on 6/25/2014The hostess did not do a very good job with getting my friend to my table as I was there at 4:50pm and my friend came in at 4:55 and was told I wasn't there yet. She called me on my cell phone and she was waiting in the front area for 15 minutes before I told her where I was sitting. I also was not told to put my name in to win the IPad. I was not very happy about that whole scene. The food was very good and the waiter was very good. I would recomend this restaurant in the future. Do you think you would have the 40% off the bill again? Vera MilanoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchFoodies3Dined on 6/25/2014We went for lunch to take advantage of the 40% anniversary discount, a good opportunity to enjoy and save at this local favorite. We had a table by a window, showcasing the new outdoor patio set up, which looked inviting. The Weiner Schnitzel was particularly good, although the lamb kabobs were rather tough and not seasoned enough for my taste. We enjoyed the dessert of the day option, although we had to ask our server what it was, as she failed to provide any details, upon offering us dessert. The overall dining experience at Café Escadrille is always a pleasant experience, as it offers good food in a classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch menuJBPWDined on 6/25/2014Went with friend for lunch. Was their 100th anniversary day so all food items were an additional 40% off. (lucky day). Otherwise, the food is very good and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Birthday PartyBullfrogDined on 6/23/2014It was my daughter 30th birthday and the six of us had a great time sitting outside and enjoying the evening sun. We were not rushed in anyway the waitperson asked if we were comfortable my wife and daughter were chilled then the waitperson lit the outdoor heaters and we were all comfy. It was a relaxing evening and the food was delicious ad the drinks kept coming. I would recommend sitting outdoors if the weather permits.Special Features:
- First time eating dinnerJBPWDined on 6/23/2014Had reservations and seated promptly. Went for special anniversary dinner. This particular night there was live music that was excellent. Nice to be able to listen to music and still hear yourself talking with the person next to you. Food was very good. Need to go back and try some other dishes. Reasonable price for the amount of food.Special Features:
- Online reservationSahatDined on 6/23/2014Business meeting.....Never do online reservation again place was empty but got a poorly situated table ....other guests already seated...too late too change...,front desk could not even find reservation...... bad table ....very disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Make a Request?FennyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Café Escadrille for 27 years. Obviously, it was one our favorite places to dine in the area. The last three times we went to the restaurant (and made reservations through OpenTable) we were stuck at very undesirable tables - even though we requested a window seat. When we saw where we were being seated, we nicely asked the young girl for another seat (many tables were empty). She very abruptly told us that this was all that was available to us. Not a great way to start an evening out.... it really negated the food and service quality. We'll wait a while before we return.
- Great for lunchNorthendBDined on 6/18/2014Great menu choices, fast service...and the food's rather good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Cafe Escadrille is among our favorite restaurants, especially the gourmet room. This time we went to the regular dining room for my Mom's 86th birthday. The menu has a good selection so everyone had something they would like. The service was excellent, as our waitress was attentive but knew we were not in a rush. We had a nice spot and it was not noisy. We have enjoyed this restaurant for over 20 years while other restaurants have disappeared, Here is hoping for another 20 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.