212 N Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/
- Phone: 3144549000x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 10:30am - 1:00am
Lunch: 10:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Limited menu available from 10:00pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Lipetzky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music: Thursday through Saturday from 9:00pm to 1:00am
Friday & Staturday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm on the Patio
in the summer.
A word from Cafe Eau
Located in the fashionable Chase Park Plaza Hotel, Café Eau Bar & Patio is the casual sister restaurant to Eau Bistro. Café Eau Bar & Patio has a fabulous ice bar to keep your cocktails perfectly chilled and colorful contemporary surroundings that offers energy well into the night. The menu is filled with eclectic creations for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Eau reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Cafe Eau and Chase CineRMHSouthCountyDined on 10/6/2014Café Eau is the perfect place for dinner before a movie at the Chase Park Plaza Cine. Service was very good, food was very good, and the atmosphere was fun.Special Features:
- EandSDined on 9/13/2014Staff was nice but just too many interruptions. It was 6 of us in the group and waiter was picking up our plates at different time and each time interrupting someone in the middle of their story. Food was just ok, I had shrimp taco and there was not much taste to it.Special Features:
- Dirty eatery!toyasviewDined on 8/30/2014The food was great each! ---now the silverware was dirty, the waitress brought us out some dirty plates to eat our appetizers on and particles were floating in my water at Cafe eau but i didnt sweat it--just pushed them to the side and went on enjoying my date with my husband, which was much needed so I was not going to ruin it by complaining about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible mealMSueVIPDined on 8/28/2014This dinner was horrible. After 3 of our 4 entrees were served, we were comped drinks. Since my dinner was not ready and I do not drink, this was horrible. Also, no one else would eat until my entree was served. Their food was cold. My food came out cold and was tasteless. What a horrific dinner. To top all of this off, when we were ready to pay, our server informed us that you no longer took the Passport card even though when I called and asked earlier in the week, they said you did.Special Features:
- Wow!OutToLunchDined on 8/1/2014I am from New York, I travel quite a bit, and have eaten in some wonderful restaurants around the world...and this was truly one of the best!! It far exceeded our expectations. The food was imaginative and fresh; beautifully presented. I can highly recommend Bistro Eau to anyone who appreciates fine food -- at a really fair price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!CWEfanDined on 7/17/2014If the weather is nice, it is wonderful to sit out on the patio to eat. Great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!CWEfanDined on 7/10/2014Cafe Eau is a great place to go if you like to sit outside and enjoy the pool scene. The food was good.Special Features:
- Elegant.BoobooDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful, creative food choices in an elegant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but need to speed upZGareDined on 7/9/2014The food was good and the outdoor experience was outstanding, with the fountain into the pool sounds. They just need to speed up the service. It should not take 15 minutes to bring out a glass of wine. And another 15 minutes for water after you ask. So this would be a good place to go ahead of the Muny, but get there by 6 because it may take an hour and a half to eat. But if you have time, it is a great place outdoors to enjoy the patio.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Cafe Eau reviews archive.
- 1st AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I ate here for our first anniversary, because we got married at the Chase. The food was good, but our service was horrible. I've never had such bad service.Special Features:
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014Food and service were great. Highly recommend for business meeting as the lunch crowd is light so it's not extra loud.Special Features:
- DinnerOutoftenDined on 5/17/2014Noisy, poor service, unremarkable food. Shrimp tacos were light on shrimp heavy on lettuce.Special Features:
- Prices are insane!NotSoMuchDined on 5/11/2014We went with a group of 8 and asked to sit outside for Mother's Day. They pushed 2 round tables together even though there was a large table with only 4 people sitting at it (we had a reservation so it wasn't a surprise). The waitress was incredibly slow. Overall, the food was decent but not extraordinary, especially for the prices. We had 2 cocktails, 2 beers, hamburger, salad and tuna for over $70!!! No specials for mother's day. On top of it the waitress brought my bill, which I tipped and signed it, then came back and told me she had brought me the wrong bill and ran my card on another bill. Unfortunately she did not credit the wrong one back to me so I had to contact them to get that corrected. Simply put, will never go back.Special Features:
- Relaxing dinneriLo823VIPDined on 5/10/2014Took my mom here for a belated b-day dinner. It's great casual dining. This is in the bar area and has outside seating as well. Enjoyed some healthy options. Loved the location, and the hotel is really beautiful inside. Would definitely make the drive back in to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Eau is just Eau-KValeDined on 5/9/2014Not a very inspired menu. I always get the tomato soup when friends insist we go there before a movie at the Chase. The place was empty on a Friday night at 6:00. A few years ago it was standing room only. We were the only table in the whole right half of the place and though our waiter was very friendly he kept disappearing to chat with the other servers. They still have those hideous 80's garish booths!Special Features:
- It's okLPtheKingDined on 4/20/2014Best items were the fried orders. So the wings, corn fritters, and onion rings were great. 4horesman just ends up being a lot of rice. Other dishes seemed intriguing though. Kitchen sink was ok.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSabinaDined on 4/11/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and the place is very cute. The crowd was a little older (we are college students), but we did not feel out of place. They gave us a roomy booth despite it being just the two of us. With it being Lent and a Friday, we ordered calamari, the spider shrimp po'boy, and fish & chips. The calamari was our favorite; it was delicious. You can really taste the Schlafly beer in the fish & chips breading. However, the po'boy bread was really chewy, and the sandwich was too large to possibly fit in your mouth. We ended up eating the few pieces of shrimp that were in there and leaving the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunpepeDined on 3/5/2014From the first greeting to the efficient and friendly server, a great evening. The food is distinctive, prepared well and served with style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Food and wine were great! Only concern was the live band played during the time customers were still celebrating Valentines day which was 9 pm. It would have been better just for that evening for band to start at 10 pm. Would return again for a nice dinner date/ special occasion.Special Features:
- Gracie Bad Waitressheart2heartDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Night 8pm seating - waitress was beyond words horrible - no conversation - except questions re what we wanted - never asked how food was, I asked for coffee, received cold coffee - moved it to the edge of table 2 management people walked by - no conversation - did not offer to remove empty plates, fill my husband's empty water glass and beer glass - waitress walked by numerous times - hurrying to another table - absolute no eye contact with us = nothting - then came dropped off check - didnt ask if we wanted dessert - stopped long enough to tell her the coffee she dropped off 20 minutes ago was cold when she gave it to me = food was good - service was the absolute WORST i have experienced in a long, long timeSpecial Features:
- Last minute booking for ValentinesrouxDined on 2/14/2014Last minute booking for Valentines day. I had my doubts but it was really good food moderately priced and fun place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menu since there peviouslOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014The shrimp and grits and prime rib sandwich were excellentSpecial Features:
- Nic restaurant but....maggieDined on 1/25/2014WE enjoy going to this restaurant before or after a movie at the Chase. However, the noise level was so high that it was not enjoyable. Is there any way to reduce the noise from the bar--separate it somehow--from the restaurant part?Special Features:
- Poor experiencejacobDined on 1/1/2014Took my date out to celebrate the new year's. her grilled cheese sandwhich was poor, cheese wasn't melted. my steak was charred and chewy, it was OK, tasted better when I reheated it at home. We didn't feel welcome, and the service was not what we expected for the Chase. The only thing I can say is our reservation was for 9:45pm and we came about 9:50pm. So the restaurant was getting ready to close soon after we arrived. We got our order in right away though.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnereasterpixieDined on 12/25/2013Never been there before. Was told (per website) would be upscale. Not quite like the Bistro, but a close second. Not so. It was a sports bar. We - group of 6- went for Christmas Dinner. Was told (over the phone) that a Christmas plate would be offered. Not so. No Christmas decorations, No Christmas music. Basically lousy memory.
- Cafe Eau ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013The Café is in a good location. The ambience is fair. My selection was excellent, very tasty. My wife said her selection was good, but not one to come back for. We had a very tasty dessert.
- A night to remember!GrownandsexyDined on 12/14/2013OMG!!!!! This place was WONDERFUL!!!!! I had my birthday party here and had a blast! The band, customer service, food, drinks, and ambience was an A+! Special thanks to the staff and band for making this a night to remember! I highly recommend this place to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2013Too bad the server is here, she did a great job. Food and setting and everything else C-. Thought we were booked in Eau Bistro across the way - oddly closed.
- good for quick biteldgaffVIPDined on 9/7/2013We went for an early dinner before a movie. Cafe Eau is an informal sort of place more attune to appetizers and small plates. The bistro across the Chase lobby is more the more formal place. We shared a spinach/salmon salad which was generous and quite good. I had the fish and chips which were ok but not great. My wife had the margarita pizza and thought it was pretty good.
- Bring back the appetizers....didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013Bring back the appetizers....didn't care too much for the new menu..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeDined on 8/1/2013We went heree for. Our anniversary. Sat outside. Very pleasant, good food. And good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Muny DiningGlsnightoutDined on 7/18/2013I took a girlfriend to the Muny. We decided to try Cafe Eau for a light dinner before the show. The menu had excellent appetizers & small plates for the smaller appetite; however large plates were also available. We each ordered a salad & split a small plate. The food was excellent!!! Our waiter was friendly & helpful. He recommended a drink for my friend that she loved! We had a great time and will definitely return to Cafe Eau in the future! We appreciated our complementary valet parking also!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst brunch everDinahVIPDined on 7/14/2013This is considerably overpriced especially for the small selection of food selection. The food provided was marginal. The service was terrible. Our hostess while escorting us to our table actually stopped to speak to other patrons and pointed to our table! Inattentive servers probably due to the employees hanging out with each other at the hostess stand. Go to brunch at any of the other lovely restaurants in Central West End.
- A hometownn favorite!KrunDined on 7/2/2013For family reasons, I LOVE the Chase Park Plaza. The food and atmosphere at Cafe Eau was great along with excellent service. I love the patio area aroud the pool; this is a hot spot that I will visits again and again!Special Features:
- StaycationpamstlVIPDined on 6/8/2013Great lunch spot to make you feel that you are on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager problemBonnieVIPDined on 5/12/2013Food was an ok brunch for Mother's Day . Our server was very nice, but manager who sat us forgot to tell our server we were there. 15 minutes , not even a water I felt that the chase is disorganized and not up to pat. Would not go back for the ambience and disservice .
- Hello Atmospher was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Hello Atmospher was great. The food and service were disappointing.Special Features:
- A bit noisy, and a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013A bit noisy, and a little on the expensive side, but very good food. The petite filet was quite good and tender, and I generally have high expectations for steaks. The pizza was adequate. The strawberry lemonade drink was excellent.Special Features:
- As always, the service andTylamiDined on 2/23/2013As always, the service and food selection are great. Our server was personable and provided good recommendations on menu items. A visit from the manager was a nice touch!Special Features:
- Always good to chat with Brian.Mot41Dined on 2/2/2013Always good to chat with Brian. Service was excellentSpecial Features: