1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doylecollection.com/cafedupont
- Phone: 2027970169x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast served Monday - Friday from 6:30am - 11am,
Dinner service 7 days a week from 5:30pm to 10pm Sunday - Thursday and 11pm on Friday and Saturday. Happy Hour Daily from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Weekend Brunch with $5.00 Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's
served from 7am- 2:30pm
Bar Dupont opens at 11:00am serving throughout the day with a late night menu options available.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Fritsche
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet rooms available for all size parties. Audio and Video available.
- Special Events: Private cocktail receptions, birthday or anniversary celebrations. Please feel free to contact Sabrina Kroger with any questions about the space.
- Cross Street: 19th @ Dupont Circle
- Public Transit: Dupont Circle Metro is 1 block East of the station located on the North part of the circle between 19th st., Q st., and New Hampshire Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $32.00 a day for overnight and if your just here for a few hours it's $15.00.
A word from Cafe Dupont
Café Dupont at The Dupont Circle Hotel is a contemporary French-American bistro reflecting the cosmopolitan sophistication of the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Executive Chef David Fritsche infuses his irresistible, seasonal menus with fresh, high quality ingredients from local farmers and butchers. A selection of specialty cocktails and extensive wine list complement Chef David’s innovative creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Dupont - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Cafe Dupont reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2014Great for dining with family; friendly and inviting atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem IndeedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Cafe Dupont is an exceptional place for a wonderful meal. Staff are superb, food is excellent, and the variety of places to sit and enjoy Dupont Circle at its best is fantastic.Special Features:
- JeanWWineanddineVIPDined on 10/16/2014We chose this restaurant for its easy-to-find location. But we were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor seatingWhiteDahlia14Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner on a beautiful evening on the big, attractive outdoor patio on Dupont Circle. The location is great, just a short walk from Dupont Circle metro. But my husband and I decided to walk from our hotel on Washington Circle in Foggy Bottom, and discovered it was a pleasant 15 min. walk. Because it was a lovely evening we also walked back to the hotel. Wonderful! We will come here again on our next visit to DC.Special Features:
- Must have been an off day.AlexVIPDined on 9/20/2014I selected this place for Sunday brunch based on the reviews but I didn't have a very good experience and it was all primarily due to poor service. I was seated and asked for two additional place settings since my party had grown to four. Ten minutes later I had to go inside and ask the maître d' since the place settings never arrived. The server was barely around and not very attentive. Not only did I have to remind her to bring the water (they never served us water even though we asked for it) but then she never came around to refill our glasses. Same with the coffee. And so on. In short, if I have to get out of my seat multiple times in order to get service, I think I'll go somewhere else.
- Good for brunchfeedmeDined on 9/14/2014The quiche lorraine was excellent and the salmon bagel dish was substantial, even though on the "lite fare" section.
- Just okHappyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Disappointed with the service and ambience given the price.
- Great PlaceTheGazzVIPDined on 8/17/2014I did not realize that Cafe Dupont is actually inside of a hotel, so I was very pleasantly suprised by how much I enjoyed it. Hotel resteraunts are not usually my gig. Everting about it is "right". Prompt and courteos service --the kind that is always around when you need them, but never in your face. GREAT menu selection. Unusual selections for brunch and all at our table though foood was great. Very nice ambiance. Sophisticated but not cold or stuffy. It hits ALL of the checks in all of the boxes and makes it all look easy. I would actually give the otel a try based on the quality of this resteraunt. Can't provide a better recommendation than that one :-)Special Features:
- Favorite Brunch in the CityKokoDinerDined on 8/2/2014Perfect brunch spot... I always choose it for casual brunch with friends. I love the outdoor environment, the great food and excellent service. It's ideal everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DC StayJHluvDined on 8/1/2014The Cafe was lovely. We had dinner and brunch there and both were delicious. We were looking for a special romantic spot with great food. Cafe Dupont was perfect for this. The Cafe was very stylish and had delicious, unique, high quality food that made our taste buds very happy - and it seemed other people enjoyed it as well because it was a busy, thriving place - but not obnoxiously so. At the Cafe, we had that romantic ambience we were looking for and also enjoyed the energy of Dupont Circle. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedcrsimoniiVIPDined on 6/29/2014Sunday brunch. Sat outside. Beautiful day. Got off to a great start. Drinks came quickly, and server seemed attentive. Then several more tables came in, and it seems our server had many tables to work both inside and outside. Unfortunately, that translated to outside getting very little of her attention. Another runner brought our food and disappeared. My blueberry pancakes were served without butter. Maybe it's just a question of preference, but I found that strange. We waited 10 minutes for anyone to come by - so we could ask for butter - before giving up, going inside, and asking a host/manager for help. When we were finished eating it took 10 minutes to receive a bill, then our server disappeared with our card for another 15 minutes.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Cafe Dupont reviews archive.
- Great experienceCherieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Really great service and good food. Weather beautiful so we ate outside and it was perfect. The swordfish was excellent!Special Features:
- Nice findFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great food even better bar Great food even better barSpecial Features:
- Great Food, So So ServiceMshell24VIPDined on 6/1/2014The food and atmosphere at Café Dupont were great. We ate outside on the terrace because it was a beautiful day. However, our server was terrible. She never asked to refill our drinks and when we requested ourselves she brought new glasses and didn't clear the old ones. She lurked awkwardly at the table for several moments each time she approached and she forgot part of one of the meals. I would absolutely go back and the location can't be beat but the service was definitely distracting from the meal.Special Features:
- Lovely Al Fresco DiningMarkVIPDined on 5/31/2014We recently enjoyed a splendid dinner at Café Dupont. The service is warm and able and the food deliciously prepared and presented. We recommend highly that you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful cafe amid excitinglekkerDined on 5/31/2014Dupont Circle ambience. Staff friendly and knowledgeable, excellent for breakfast and late night snacks--next time will try lunch and dinner too. Food is fresh, beautifully prepared and delicious. Convenient to Metro--outdoor seating in good weather.Special Features:
- Power breakfast spotDaveVIPDined on 5/28/2014I think this is a great "power breakfast" spot for locals that's a little under the radar. It's never too crowded, the people-watching views are terrific, the food is great and reasonable, and the crowd is a mix of hotel patrons and local business types. Usually no kids or families during weekdays.Special Features:
- great ambiance and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014I had made reservations for 4 for outside seating and mentioned that it was a B-Day! We got a complementary champagne bottle and a great service! The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious salmonKathysVIPDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful fish served on a bed of delightful spring vegetables - including fiddlehead ferns. The service late-ish in a Monday evening was somewhat neglectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleek and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014We loved our dinner at Cafe Dupont. We had the soup to start (spring garlic--amazing!!), then a salad each (spring salad, quinoa salad), our entrees (risotto and swordfish), and finally dessert (the chocolate bar). The food was so tasty. You really felt that the kitchen was celebrating spring and all it has to offer. I definitely want to go back when the menu changes and see what else they have in store. The setting is very nice. We had good weather and sat next to the giant windows. I seriously loved coming here. They did forget the grit fritters on our soup, but brought them out right away once we mentioned it to them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The place is such a cute little cafe in a great area. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprepared, slow service; Food OKnickname123Dined on 5/18/2014We went here for a week-late mother's day brunch. The food was fine; although when we ordered an egg poached medium we rec'd two hard boiled eggs! They were accommodating and quickly brought back two new eggs poached medium. Our server was pleasant, but they appeared understaffed for a not even full restaurant. It was difficult for us to eat and get out in time for an appointment 2 hours after our reservation time. They were also disorganized about our table when we arrived. Skip the bloody marys!
- Nice surpriseMichaelVIPDined on 5/16/2014Café Dupont has two components: an active, energetic bar area and a much quieter and charming restaurant area. Both are adjacent to a hotel. Both components have outside patio seating that looks pleasant. Our food was very well prepared and presented; the portions are not huge so caveat emptor (the branzini could have been more ample, really). The service (Martin) was professional and engaging. All in all, a really nice surprise and a nice meal in a great environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMisterDDined on 5/3/2014We had a very nice dinner here, food was great and the service was also excellent. Be sure to stay and enjoy some of the very unique and thoughtful desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The choice of dishes is poor, the quantity is poor... fortunately, the cooking was goodSpecial Features:
- Great Service, Great FoodMiscMel70Dined on 4/29/2014My server, Ishmael, was WONDERFUL. He was personable and very knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered an appetizer salad and the Risotto and both were delicious. Ishmael offered a wonderful wine paring selection that went really well. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very nice dinnerDineindcVIPDined on 4/25/2014Had dinner here with a few friends...the food was delicious and the service was solid...fav was the grilled squid and cream of mushroom soup...the salmon entree while very tasty felt a little small...overall this is a great spot for a nice, quality dinner.Special Features:
- Good option for business breakfastTJDeoraVIPDined on 4/23/2014Reasonable prices, quiet, excellent food with nice variety of optionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Overall great experience. The food was delicious, especially the banana rum french toast, and the staff was friendly. Just wish it was warmer so we could have eaten on their nice patio.Special Features:
- service was poorLoves2EatDined on 4/17/20143 tries to get the right bottle of wine: wondering how difficult it is to match up a title on the menu with a title on the bottle ordered garlic soup was served white bean soup asked 3 times for a spoon offered bread - never got it pork belly - skin not crispy... waiter didn't check in to see how it was going... i always had to call him over to ask for assistance
- Great location good menusBabzVIPDined on 4/13/2014Great location good menus and service. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time Good EatsCherylspeaksDined on 4/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday brunch with friends. Great location, outside dining, wonderful food with friends. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best kept secret in DC!LolaVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I are always amazed that we do not need a reservation and can always get into this wonderful restaurant. So we have come to think of it as the best kept secret in DC. Chef David Fritsche really knows how to cook. The menu is always fresh, imaginative and well designed. The food is absolutely superb, much better than what you would get at one of those very trendy restaurants in DC, and with a much more reasonable price tag. We enjoy the ambiance that the friendly service and good management provide and we love the decor with its floor to ceiling glass windows that make you feel as if you were dining outside even when enjoying the air conditioning inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fair. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014The food was fair. Our waitress was a bit indignant when one person in the group ordered a house salad and asked what type of dressings were available. The waitress stated that only one dressing was available for the salad and that the others were "specifically crafted" for the other types of salads. People should have options.Special Features:
- A bit below averageDouglasVIPDined on 3/22/2014Had brunch inside as it was too cool outside and they have no outside heaters. Service was slow. Food was fair. You have much better alternatives.
- Dupont Circle at it's finestcahlgrim210VIPDined on 3/16/2014Incredible location, incredible food, and an incredible hotel. I had the pleasure of staying there Friday and Saturday night and eating both brunch and dinner (and fourth meal) at Cafe Dupont and Bar Dupont. An enjoyable experience at every turn.Special Features:
- Great DessertJuanespDined on 3/11/2014Went there for dessert after dinner elsewhere. It was amazing and the staff was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can beat the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014You can beat the location of the restaurant. They are located in the heart of DuPont Circle. You can beat that at all. The food is OUTSTANDING. The update the menu quarterly. That's what we keep coming back. The service is unbelievable. I mean to add 3 components, 1. The location 2. Awesome menu and 3. Great service, what's else do you want more?Special Features:
- DisappointingdadsbdayVIPDined on 2/16/2014We ended up here because we could not get a reservation at any other places nearby that serve brunch. Obviously this is because they are in the lower tier of options. Despite being attached to a hotel, it is an interesting location. Unfortunately the restaurant is crowded with seating. There were some great cocktail options, and what we had was good, but the food was somewhat blah. Won't be going back.
- Excellent Valentines DinnerHungerSatisfiedDined on 2/14/2014The food and wine pairings were phenomenal! Pricey meal but expected that going in, so no surprise there. One of my favorite places to take a date. Service was fantastic and informative. Ambiance was great too with flower pedals at the table and the menus were in envelopes with my name on them. Second time bringing my girlfriend to Cafe DuPont and was a 10/10 both times! Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.