Cafe Du Parc
1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Du Parc
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeduparc.com/
- Phone: 2029427000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am- 10:00am (buffet is open till 10:15)
Breakfast:Saturday-Sunday:7:00am - 11:00am (buffet only 10:30-am-11:00am)
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00pm
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Antoine Westerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: A catered lunch and dinner menu is available as a pick up option for off site events.
- Private Party Facilities: Please ask the Restaurant Manager for an email of the Private Event Menu for group lunches, dinners, and cocktail receptions. We welcome private parties up to 35 people. We could also accommodate your group at our courtyard, weather permitting. Please inquire for availability.
- Private Party Contact: Goksel Gozen 2029427000
- Special Events: Cafe du Parc is participating in Restaurant Week February 2013 from Feb 4 to Feb 10 featuring Restaurant Week Dinner menu for $35.13 plus taxes only .
Cafe du Parc has a special menu for Valentine's Day Dinner for $75.00 menu per person & $99.00 per person with wine supplements . Call 202-942-7000 to make reservations or go to www.opentable.com.
- Cross Street: 15th Street
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk from 13th Street Metro Center Station. Various bus stops are within walking distance.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is complimentary for restaurant guests during lunch and dinner only. Parking is accessible by use of The Willard InterContinental's valet parking service. Street meter parking is also available.
A word from Cafe Du Parc
Located next to the Willard InterContinental Hotel, Café du Parc embraces classic French Bistro cuisine with moderate pricing ranging from $8 to $35, serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon “petit plats” (small plates), dinner and casual takeaway items. With dishes such as Moules à la Marinière, and simple, sophisticated décor, Café du Parc is a celebration of classic bistro cuisine and casual fine dining. Café du Parc is overseen by one of Europe’s top Michelin-starred chefs, Antoine Westermann, who supervises the menu to ensure that his vision of French cuisine is appropriately transposed in an American setting. Café du Parc is led by Chef Antoine Westermann’s hand-picked brigade trained by the master in Paris.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Du Parc - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cafe Du Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)great for lunch (36)romantic (34)scenic view (34)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (26)great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Problem with accessNYDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Cafe du Parc is located up a large flight of stairs and there is a handicap elevator for those who need it - unfortunately it was not operable making it difficult for a member of our party to get up to the restaurant and also to leave - the staff mentioned that it had been out of service for two weeks - this is not acceptable in my mind and then should be some notice on their website and OpenTable alerting customers that the restaurant is not accessible to those who have problems with stairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good...YummyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great lobster salad sandwich, fresh Tina Nicolise...could have maybe a bit more than three small slices of tuna...but still good. Yes, will black.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiloVIPDined on 8/19/2014I visited Cafe Du Parc for the first time and I was very impressed, I guess it's a "the Willard" way, everything from service to good were beyond my expectations, food took some time to come out but it was well worth it, our server was very attentive and courteous, I enjoyed the outside seating where you can see lots of action going on,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/15/2014I guess because it was restaurant week the service was a little slow. But in general it's a great restaurant. Good food and love the outdoors seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...AirlinePrincessVIPDined on 8/13/2014Being an Intercontinental Ambassador, I've always had great experiences at their restaurants. But while the ambiance and outdoor seating was great, it took HOURS to receive all three courses of their prix fixe meal this week, and by the time I could pay I was more than ready to leave. Had the food been spectacular, I might've overlooked the timing, but it was just "ok".Special Features:
- jmcbaltDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Cafe du Parc several times, and have never been disappointed. Yesterday was no exception: lovely food and great service. I'm a creature of habit and tend to stick to certain menu items (croque monsieur, soup, macarons), but was delighted by the scallops and the chocolate cake recommended to after discussion with our waiter. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A1 Setting, C+ FoodseattlesunDined on 8/7/2014One couldn't find a better outdoor dining setting. It is simply lovely. However, on this our 5th visit to Cafe du Parc, the food was just not up to the standard of prior year visits. The entrees had way too much salt as did the mushroom and asparagus side dishes. The pistachio ice cream didn't have any pistachio pieces. We'll try again. Maybe it was just an off night.
- Great food, but awful serviceAnonDined on 7/30/2014Lunch for two outside. We skipped the appetisers and ordered entrees. We ordered the salmon and the scallops. Salmon was cooked to perfection and i thoroughly enjoyed it. My colleague enjoyed the scallops, but they were on the very small side (you get three scallops) - even with a side of mashed potatoes, she left feeling hungry. We waited at least 25 / 30 min for it to arrive. (I think our waiter forgot to put the order in). Our waiter seemed more interested in chatting with his fellow waiters than waiting on our table. With such a great selection of restaurants in DC, I'll only be returing to Cafe Du Parc for the coffee and pastries.Special Features:
- Poor Service - Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014Disappointing quality for the brunch. Nothing worse than poached eggs that are like hard-boiled eggs with no runny yoke. Also, waiter was poor. Didn't bring over bread for the appetizer (which needed bread) and only offered bread when main course came (which didn't need the bread). Also, when I enquired about sitting at a different table (before anything had been ordered), he made it seem like it would be such a chore (there were only 3 other tables in the whole inside restaurant being used) - so we didn't bother.
- Cafe Du ParcJbellVIPDined on 7/19/2014Café Du Parc is an excellent choice for dinner. The food was outstanding and our server was fantastic! We sat in the outside dining area which was adorned with beautiful plants and lighted trees. The view of the Capitol building from our table was amazing and got even more beautiful as the sun set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe du ParcOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014A beautiful setting, interesting menu and incredible service. We had a lovely outdoor table on a perfect summer evening. We dined there for dinner as a break in our day of stay-cation. We had our 8-year old this time and our waiter was perfection with him and with us.Special Features:
- Thank you so much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our trip to D.c. was made complete thanks to Cafe Du Parc. wonderful service, food, and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in DCMabelDodgeDined on 7/17/2014During the summer there is no more vibrant a place to have lunch than the Cafe du Parc. Great service, attractive out door setting. Watch the world go by under a summer umbrella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014Service was very slow. We waited 30 minutes for our lunch.Special Features:
- Taylor4meDined on 7/5/2014We did not actually eat here even though we had reservations. Enough said about that. We actually dined at the restaurant next door and it was fabulous. I would highly recommend it - everything was exquisite!Special Features:
- Good food but way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Since they were no longer serving afternoon tea at The Willard some girlfriends and I decided to go here for brunch on a Saturday. The website wasn't clear that they only serve brunch on Sunday so we ordered from the lunch menu instead. One of the lunch menus we received was actually the dinner menu so we were unable to order one of the dishes that we had been excited about. My friends got the "lobster roll" served in a pita, which they said was good but had a lot of lettuce tucked in the bottom of the pita as filler. My Shenandoah trout was good, but probably not worth the price. The service was only adequate - we had to ask the waiter multiple times for things like ketchup and more water. Not a big deal except for the price you're paying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2014Lovely outdoor venue and the staff is superb. The menu is light enough to be healthy but the french fries are also great.Special Features:
- Just what I hoped it would beIluv2eatDined on 6/28/2014I had a wonderful lunch with my sister. It was exactly what I was hoping for and the food was delicious. I will defiantly be returning to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CBarrettDined on 6/23/2014Took my boss and his boss for an early dinner on a Monday. Restaurant was quiet and food was brought out promptly - nice cocktail, excellent wine.Special Features:
- great outdoor spaceLT11VIPDined on 6/19/2014This is a very nice, casual restaurant. To be honest, I wish they were more adventurous and have more than one vegetarian option on the menu. Too much fish and meat.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Although I made reservations and got two email reminders, somehow when we went to the resteraunt we were told there were no reservations. However, we were still given a table. Food was fine not delicious but the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUVIPDined on 6/15/2014We dined outside - It was great place to people watch and have a great meal - we had brunch/lunch which was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingreeseVIPDined on 6/14/2014It was our second time eating here recently. The first time was really good. This time, we came with friends, bragging about the food. We ordered the same things, and boy, were we disappointed. The pork was overcooked, the salad was overdressed and the frites were stale and hardly warm. The staff didn't seem to know what to do about it. Finally, the waiter took one of the plates back to the kitchen and brought out a fresh plate about 20 minutes later--this time, the pork was just right.Special Features:
- Great French foodNautilus1Dined on 6/14/2014No guaranty though on outdoor seating, even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swell LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2014We declined to sit outside where the tour bus exhaust can garnish your meal. Plus, it was too damn hot and noisy out there. Upstairs seating was quick and comfortable. Very tasty ham and cheese sandwich with best fries since McDonalds. Attentive service. I'd been there for a pre-theater dinner and wanted to try it out for lunch. Both experiences were positive. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Convenient to the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014Not noteworthy. The area "hungers" for an authentic French bistro/cafe/restaurant...
- Upscale casual FrenchErikaJLDined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed our before theater dinner. Food was very good, service was good, ambiance upstairs where we ate was fine. We would go back easily.Special Features:
- New FindUnhappyDined on 6/6/2014This was the first time eating at Cafe du Parc. We have eaten at The Willard (Occidental) many times but this was a first here. We were going to National Theatre and chose this restaurant to eat in before the show. We ate outdoors and LOVED it. Atmosphere was great and food delish. This is going to be our new find before each show at The National. Can't wait until our next one and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2014We heard great things about this restaurant, and it is true that the outside seating is pleasant on a summer evening. But the service was slow and indifferent, which really annoyed us because on top of that the prices are too high for the unimpressive quality of the food, just because the restaurant is associated with the Willard Hotel. We will not dine there again.
- Lives up to its high reputationIsaiahDined on 5/19/2014During the window of time when lunchtime weather is really pleasant in D.C., I can think of few better places to go for an impressive business lunch than Cafe Du Parc. The menu is great year-round of course (try the scallops!), but the sidewalk cafe dining, between Freedom Plaza and the Treasury Department at the foot of the Willard Hotel, is what really sets it apart.Special Features:
- They weren't very accommodatingVDC0526Dined on 5/18/2014They would not accommodate me much. I am a health nut and wanted a sandwich to be grilled without the butter and the waitress told me I couldn't do that, the chef will get very mad. As a patron, that is not what I wish to hear. Even if it couldn't have been done, she could have at least said, let me go speak with the chef to see if we can do that. She just immediately shut it down. I did not like that at all, most restaurants will accommodate simple requests such as that. I will not eat there again.
- The patio is lovelyRudyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Aside from being a great location, everything else was disappointing. The kitchen was extremely slow, server not very attentive (forgot to bring items, interrupted conversation) and the food wasn't that great. I recommend you skip the meal but come for a drink and perhaps an appetizer.Special Features:
- Good and nearly badTimbovaDined on 5/11/2014We ate dinner there, caught a show, and returned for dessert. Sat outdoors. Dinner was very nice, food was very good, service excellent. Dessert was a different story - long wait for food, inattentive waiter, and lights from cars parked across the street and cabs in front of the hotel shining into the seating area. However, the maitre de was thankfully on the ball and very apologetic and at least made up for the bad waiter (I can't blame the restaurant for the lights), which corrected an otherwise bad dessert experience. Overall, good, would return.Special Features:
- Mother's day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I went with the family for mother's day (May 2014) and made rerservations ahead of time. (The four of us sat upstairs, indoors.) We ordered two soups, a type of fish, and two desserts off the special mother's day menu and french toast and chicken off the lunch menu. The desserts, a chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream and a raspberry macaroon with raspberry sorbet, were very tasty. The chicken was tender, but the french toast and cappuccino were just average. I think we waited longer than usual for our appetizers as it was mother's day and the restaurant was busy. The restaurant is a good place to go for a special treat; the decor is really nice.Special Features:
- Great diner on the terrasseGlobeTrotteuseDined on 5/8/2014Great diner on a beautiful terrasse. Excellent service. Coquille St-Jacques was outstanding. My husb got the duck; very good as well. Very charming.Special Features:
- The following 1162 reviews are from the Cafe Du Parc reviews archive.
- Somewhat disapointingRayGDined on 4/28/2014Went on a Monday night because that was our anniversary. The whole place was slow and not very full. Wait staff was not very busy but was still slow. Appetizers were very good (crab cake with salad; cheese and cold meats plate). Entrees came slowly and were not properly done. The beef filet was cooked well past medium and the peppercorn sauce seemed to be missing; the duck was barely warm and definitely seemed to have sat too long. We had waited so long we just ate them; should have sent them back.
- Great service, but priceyPatriciaVIPDined on 4/26/2014I went for lunch with three friends and it was a lovely lunch because it was a special occasion. The service was terrific and it was a stunning day to sit outside. There was a band playing across the street, which was nice. Very festive. And I really can't say enough about the service - it was just great. Our food was delicious but it is very pricey. And I had the lobster salad in a pita - it was tasty, but very small for $25. I mean really really small. But my friends who had the Caesar salad with salmon and the croquet monsieur were delighted. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Pleasant Sunday BrunchCorvetteLifetimeDined on 4/20/2014There aren't too many things finer than sitting outside in Washington on a warm spring day, watching the parade of tourists while consuming an adult beverage and an upscale breakfast.Special Features:
- NiceLittleVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food was not as great as I thought. Good but not great.Special Features:
- If you have the timesammiDined on 4/12/2014The 3 stars for service was because although our waiter Roy was outstanding, he had no control of the kitchen wait time. Even with a reservation, we waited at our table for an hour & a half for the lunch entrees to be served. The food was excellent & the meal would have been so perfect if not for the wait. It was Cherry Blossom festival weekend, but we were one of the first diners to check in at the outdoor patio area. The coffee bar for mornings did have quick service & had very good fare as well. Loved the Willard overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.