Cafe Du Parc
1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Du Parc
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeduparc.com/
- Phone: 2029427000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am- 10:30am
Breakfast:Saturday- Sunday:7:00am -11:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00pm
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Antoine Westerman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: A catered lunch and dinner menu is available as a pick up option for off site events.
- Private Party Facilities: Please ask the Restaurant Manager for an email of the Private Event Menu for group lunches, dinners, and cocktail receptions. We welcome private parties up to 35 people. We could also accommodate your group at our courtyard, weather permitting. Please inquire for availability.
- Private Party Contact: Goksel Gozen 2029427000x
- Special Events: Cafe du Parc is participating in Restaurant Week February 2013 from Feb 4 to Feb 10 featuring Restaurant Week Dinner menu for $35.13 plus taxes only .
Cafe du Parc has a special menu for Valentine's Day Dinner for $75.00 menu per person & $99.00 per person with wine supplements . Call 202-942-7000 to make reservations or go to www.opentable.com.
- Cross Street: 15th Street
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk from 13th Street Metro Center Station. Various bus stops are within walking distance.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is complimentary for restaurant guests during lunch and dinner only. Parking is accessible by use of The Willard InterContinental's valet parking service. Street meter parking is also available.
A word from Cafe Du Parc
Located next to the Willard InterContinental Hotel, Café du Parc embraces classic French Bistro cuisine with moderate pricing ranging from $8 to $35, serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon “petit plats” (small plates), dinner and casual takeaway items. With dishes such as Moules à la Marinière, and simple, sophisticated décor, Café du Parc is a celebration of classic bistro cuisine and casual fine dining. Café du Parc is overseen by one of Europe’s top Michelin-starred chefs, Antoine Westermann, who supervises the menu to ensure that his vision of French cuisine is appropriately transposed in an American setting. Café du Parc is led by Chef Antoine Westermann’s hand-picked brigade trained by the master in Paris.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Du Parc - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cafe Du Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (25)romantic (22)great for brunch (17)good for groups (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- Cafe du ParcOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014A truly excellent experience for foodies. The food is innovative and well presented. The Duck breast is not to be missed and the desserts are sublime.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Upscale casual dining, upstairs between the Willard and the Washington hotels. Waitress was very classy and attentive, and gave good advice on the menu. We had the duck and the french onion soup, both excellent. Great service; even the manager and the chef came by to see us.Special Features:
- NO atmosphere inside!cwm3rdVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were staying at the JW Marriott and wanted French bistro for dinner, so booked at Cafe du Parc. We had walked by during the day and it looked like the perfect place for an al fresco brunch or afternoon Bloody Mary. However, for dinner inside the restaurant, it felt more like an upscale ice cream parlor than a French bistro. Our steak frites and dessert were very good, but for the price and type of food, we definitely expected a warmer, cozier atmosphere. Service was just ok...friendly enough, but not the most professional. Would consider returning ONLY to sit outside on a beautiful day.Special Features:
- Not Worth the Effort.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The restaurant is located in the upscale Willard Hotel. However, the restaurant is very ordinary with limited selection. Service was poor. The food was "nothing to write home about". I would recommend a drink at the bar and finding another place to have dinner.
- PerfectFoodfanDined on 10/15/2014Perfect as usual. Best Eggs Benedict ever! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently First RateFStreetFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Went again for lunch the other day and sat out at a sidewalk table. Definitely one of our "go-to" spots for lunch. Service prompt, friendly, professional. We had the lobster roll and the salade nicoise with tuna. Both first-rate. Without much effort, you can transport your mind and spirit to the Champs-Elysee. A great spot for a leisurely lunch.Special Features:
- Disappointing BreakfastBostonFoodie7VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was fine. Service was horrible. Outdoor seating on the upper patio was nice, yet cold in the morning without sun.Special Features:
- Vette88Dined on 10/1/2014The food was excellent! The ambiance was as advertised; the perfect location, the perfect setting, and the perfect meal. Our small group of five wanted to experience outside dining in Downtown DC before the weather changes and it ended up being a remarkable experience. The surroundings were charming and we had the perfect the weather. We each ordered something different, but we all felt we had made a great choice. The wait staffs were very attentive to our needs and we didn't feel rushed. It almost felt a little like being back in Paris! It's a great location for an office group looking for a place to have lunch, for couples out on date night AND there are even formal ballrooms inside the Willard hotel. A must see to believe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014a great find near the white house. sort of quiet if you get a seat inside since they have outside tables too. However, these looked very dark.Special Features:
- BarbDined on 9/28/2014There were 4 in our party and all of the food was poor. It was barely warm, the fish was dry and way overcooked, the duck was OK but the sauce was not, the brussel sprouts were hardly cooked and very hard. The service was pleasant when it happened, but we waited half an hour for salad, another half hour for our meals, and over 20 min for sorbet. Were they getting the food from somewhere else?? Will never come back. Maybe that's why is was so empty on a Sunday evening. It's a shame for a spot at this location!!
- Never disappointsL2D2Dined on 9/28/2014We love this café for breakfast or brunch. We brought our friends, and they loved it as much as we do. We always receive great service from our waiter Roy.Special Features:
- French Bistro on Pennsylvania AveDCPlannerDined on 9/25/2014Great spot for some very nice french fare. Excellent classic french bistro dishes such as huge steaming bowls of mussels; classic salad nicoise; croque monsieur; fabulous charcuterie platters make choosing your meal difficult because it's all so good. Wait staff is attentive and very professional. Quality of food and service is excellent for the price. Weather permitting, the outdoor sidewalk tables are a wonderful place to sit and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok!ScubafoodDined on 9/19/2014We were excited to eat here having heard great things but it was really only OK. My wife ordered the Asparagus soup which was very bland, when she received her Scallops there were only 3 on the plate. Come on even Gordon Ramsey does 5! On the other side my mussels were excellent and the chacutarie was good although the Pate was bland. The evening was spoilt more by a family with loud and obnoxious children that were placed close to us and screamed throughout dinner. The parents did little to stop this and the staff never once mentioned to them that they need to quieten down. I understand that you can never control who your customers are but you can stop them from disturbing guests. This restaurant just did not live up to our expectationsSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceTunafishFanDined on 9/15/2014Everything was very nice. The service was very friendly, personable, helpful. Food was fantastic. Know that you will pay more than other restaurants for this quality, but very nice for an occasional special get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco Gem!CreekdwellerDined on 9/13/2014We were initially disappointed to see the very casual decor at cafe du parc, which we had booked for a special occasion. When the time came for dinner, however, the weather was delightful, and we were seated outdoors. What a pleasant change of events. The ambiance was really special, and the food was outstanding. Our group all ordered different entrees including halibut, steak, duck, mussels, etc. all were absolute perfection. Our experience was capped off by the impeccable friendly service of our waiter, Franklin. The whole evening was a very memorable treat.Special Features:
- Delicious food, slow serviceLizWVIPDined on 9/13/2014We went here for a friend's birthday. We ordered a salad to share and 2 entrees, which were all delicious. However, the service, though friendly and polite, was extremely slow. A server didn't come to our table for 10 minutes after we arrived, he didn't check on us much, and the time between courses was painfully long. All told, the 2 of us were there for 2 hours. Speeding up service a bit would make this restaurant miles better.Special Features:
- A Breakfast bar and not much more?KPKdinerDined on 9/12/2014I stayed at the Willard for three nights and had breakfast and lunch at the Cafe du Parc. It just about does it as a breakfast venue, busy, functional and reasonably good service but as an evening dining venue ..forget it. It just doesn't fit with the style of the Willard and its like being at a cafeteria table. The evening menu may be 'French' but it is unremarkable. In my view thisis not a suitable evening meal venue to be associated with the Willard
- Slow, Expensive but PrettyStar13Dined on 9/12/2014The food was lovely but expensive. The service was slow. The outdoor experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheesy vibe but the food was goodCamPVIPDined on 9/5/2014This place needs a major reno. to bring it into this century- the 80s-90's vibe with the blue leather banquettes and the splatter painted glass is bad...but the mussels and salads we had were good. For the price though, the ambiance should be brought up to par...
- Dependable experienceSusanVIPDined on 8/31/2014We invited friends to dine on the terrace of Cafe du Parc. Despite the warm weather, we were very comfortable. Good food, very nice ambiance, and a very nice way to spend a weekend afternoon.Special Features:
- Patio luncheonGeminiDined on 8/30/2014Always enjoy my experience at Café du Parc especially the patio in the summer. Wait staff is always attentive without being intrusive; food is done to perfection. Excellent choice for a busy day of sightseeing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with accessNYDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Cafe du Parc is located up a large flight of stairs and there is a handicap elevator for those who need it - unfortunately it was not operable making it difficult for a member of our party to get up to the restaurant and also to leave - the staff mentioned that it had been out of service for two weeks - this is not acceptable in my mind and then should be some notice on their website and OpenTable alerting customers that the restaurant is not accessible to those who have problems with stairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good...YummyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great lobster salad sandwich, fresh Tina Nicolise...could have maybe a bit more than three small slices of tuna...but still good. Yes, will black.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiloVIPDined on 8/19/2014I visited Cafe Du Parc for the first time and I was very impressed, I guess it's a "the Willard" way, everything from service to good were beyond my expectations, food took some time to come out but it was well worth it, our server was very attentive and courteous, I enjoyed the outside seating where you can see lots of action going on,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/15/2014I guess because it was restaurant week the service was a little slow. But in general it's a great restaurant. Good food and love the outdoors seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...AirlinePrincessVIPDined on 8/13/2014Being an Intercontinental Ambassador, I've always had great experiences at their restaurants. But while the ambiance and outdoor seating was great, it took HOURS to receive all three courses of their prix fixe meal this week, and by the time I could pay I was more than ready to leave. Had the food been spectacular, I might've overlooked the timing, but it was just "ok".Special Features:
- jmcbaltDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Cafe du Parc several times, and have never been disappointed. Yesterday was no exception: lovely food and great service. I'm a creature of habit and tend to stick to certain menu items (croque monsieur, soup, macarons), but was delighted by the scallops and the chocolate cake recommended to after discussion with our waiter. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A1 Setting, C+ FoodseattlesunDined on 8/7/2014One couldn't find a better outdoor dining setting. It is simply lovely. However, on this our 5th visit to Cafe du Parc, the food was just not up to the standard of prior year visits. The entrees had way too much salt as did the mushroom and asparagus side dishes. The pistachio ice cream didn't have any pistachio pieces. We'll try again. Maybe it was just an off night.
- Great food, but awful serviceAnonDined on 7/30/2014Lunch for two outside. We skipped the appetisers and ordered entrees. We ordered the salmon and the scallops. Salmon was cooked to perfection and i thoroughly enjoyed it. My colleague enjoyed the scallops, but they were on the very small side (you get three scallops) - even with a side of mashed potatoes, she left feeling hungry. We waited at least 25 / 30 min for it to arrive. (I think our waiter forgot to put the order in). Our waiter seemed more interested in chatting with his fellow waiters than waiting on our table. With such a great selection of restaurants in DC, I'll only be returing to Cafe Du Parc for the coffee and pastries.Special Features:
- Poor Service - Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014Disappointing quality for the brunch. Nothing worse than poached eggs that are like hard-boiled eggs with no runny yoke. Also, waiter was poor. Didn't bring over bread for the appetizer (which needed bread) and only offered bread when main course came (which didn't need the bread). Also, when I enquired about sitting at a different table (before anything had been ordered), he made it seem like it would be such a chore (there were only 3 other tables in the whole inside restaurant being used) - so we didn't bother.
- Cafe Du ParcJbellVIPDined on 7/19/2014Café Du Parc is an excellent choice for dinner. The food was outstanding and our server was fantastic! We sat in the outside dining area which was adorned with beautiful plants and lighted trees. The view of the Capitol building from our table was amazing and got even more beautiful as the sun set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe du ParcOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014A beautiful setting, interesting menu and incredible service. We had a lovely outdoor table on a perfect summer evening. We dined there for dinner as a break in our day of stay-cation. We had our 8-year old this time and our waiter was perfection with him and with us.Special Features:
- Thank you so much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our trip to D.c. was made complete thanks to Cafe Du Parc. wonderful service, food, and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in DCMabelDodgeDined on 7/17/2014During the summer there is no more vibrant a place to have lunch than the Cafe du Parc. Great service, attractive out door setting. Watch the world go by under a summer umbrella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014Service was very slow. We waited 30 minutes for our lunch.Special Features:
- Taylor4meDined on 7/5/2014We did not actually eat here even though we had reservations. Enough said about that. We actually dined at the restaurant next door and it was fabulous. I would highly recommend it - everything was exquisite!Special Features:
- Good food but way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Since they were no longer serving afternoon tea at The Willard some girlfriends and I decided to go here for brunch on a Saturday. The website wasn't clear that they only serve brunch on Sunday so we ordered from the lunch menu instead. One of the lunch menus we received was actually the dinner menu so we were unable to order one of the dishes that we had been excited about. My friends got the "lobster roll" served in a pita, which they said was good but had a lot of lettuce tucked in the bottom of the pita as filler. My Shenandoah trout was good, but probably not worth the price. The service was only adequate - we had to ask the waiter multiple times for things like ketchup and more water. Not a big deal except for the price you're paying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2014Lovely outdoor venue and the staff is superb. The menu is light enough to be healthy but the french fries are also great.Special Features:
- Just what I hoped it would beIluv2eatDined on 6/28/2014I had a wonderful lunch with my sister. It was exactly what I was hoping for and the food was delicious. I will defiantly be returning to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1179 reviews are from the Cafe Du Parc reviews archive.
- CBarrettDined on 6/23/2014Took my boss and his boss for an early dinner on a Monday. Restaurant was quiet and food was brought out promptly - nice cocktail, excellent wine.Special Features: