Cafe Don Jose - Temple Terrace, FL
12350 N. 56th St.
Temple Terrace, FL 33617Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Don Jose - Temple Terrace, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafedonjose.com/
- Phone: (813) 985-2392
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: David Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private banquet room that can accommodate from 15 to 80 people. We have a built in screen for AV needs. Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthdays, Meetings, Anniversaries, Company Parties, Sales Presentations, Wine Dinners and more. Contact us for further details to arrange your event today!
- Private Party Contact: Chris Causey 8139852392
A word from Cafe Don Jose - Temple Terrace, FL
We are a classic Spanish and Latin restaurant in the Tampa tradition. A local favorite since 1975. We offer delicious homemade imported sangria, many wines and a full bar for your enjoyment. All of our entrees are made from scratch using only the highest quality ingredients following classic old-world recipes. We offer a happy hour in our Tapas Bar everyday from 5-7 pm, with 6 big screen televisions for your game viewing pleasure. We feature live music in the dining rooms on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We would love to assist you with your next big function and can accommodate private parties in our banquet room from 15 to 80 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Don Jose - Temple Terrace, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Business or PleasureNYC2OHIODined on 11/6/2014The Café Don Jose was suggested as a place for a dinner/business meeting. We had a party of 10 which they accommodated without any problem. We each needed separate checks(for expense accounts)and that was handled efficiently and without problem. The food was authentic Cuban/Spanish and was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We were in the room where the classical guitarist was playing. It was beautiful music and not so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation. This could be a romantic dinner any night of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FINDRobertaDined on 11/4/2014We had an appointment at USF and finding a restaurant in the area that was not a chain was a treat. The ambiance is relaxing and obviously Spanish and the food, though pricey, is well presented and tasty.Special Features:
- Went for a lunch of TapasCharlieGDined on 10/29/2014Went for a lunch of Tapas...and to introduce my girlfriend to the cuisine. We had the Ceviche Sampler, which was delicious... although I thought the portions were a little less than generous.. The Albondigas, very tasty, and the sauce was yummy! Crab Cakes... very very good... and a nice size. The Don Quixote puffs seemed like an interesting combo... so I ordered those also. Very good! The chorizo in them was excellent... highly recommended. Normally we do not do deserts (I prefer to make them for us) but we did try the Tres Leches cake... and it was very well done! Delicious, moist and well presented (my GF's new favorite!) Service was very good (Christa?) and all personnel were attentive and polite. We will be back!Special Features:
- First Time FINDtraveling2dineDined on 10/28/2014I selected Cafe Don Jose based upon a friend's recommendation-WOW! The traffic was horrific and we arrived over an hour after reservation time and were greeted with a smile and seated promptly. (I had anticipated a bit of traffic delay and posted it at time of reservation) Our server was delightful, offered explanations and suggestions...made the entire experience more than pleasant. The meal was wonderful: sangria refreshing, gazpacho savory and mildly spiced; the seafood casserole was very tasty and good quality components; the tuna (special) was cooked perfectly with a delightful soy-ginger reduction..yummy with perfectly steamed veg side dish. Only regret is no room for dessert, but what a great reason to make another visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish food!tampateacherVIPDined on 10/19/2014Tampa has many Spanish restaurants and Café Don Jose is the best! Every dish on the menu is good, but the trout Rusa is so outstanding that I have trouble ordering anything else. The staff is warm and welcoming; this restaurant is our "Cheers". We feel as though everyone knows our name. The dark bread and the salad are reasons enough to come here. The bread, salad, and black bean soup make a fabulous lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathleenDined on 10/11/2014The dinner experience at Cafe Don Jose was very much enjoyed. Our food was served hot, salad and bread were great, the Cream Brule was wonderful. We were lucky to see the Flamingo dance and hear the live music that enhanced our dinner time. Service was a bit slow but the waiters gave their best to meet the needs of all the guest in the room. My first visit to Don Jose was in the seventies, as a long time customer I look forward to continued excellent food and fun.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gembc1958Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was excellent, the food was great and the entertainment was wonderful. The perfect place for a romantic evening for two or a fun time for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This is a great place to get some good Spanish food. The atmosphere is nice, the restaurant has a nice ambiance and very cool design. The Sangria there is very good. The prices are a little high, so I would only come here for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birdie2BirdieDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant outdated and old;Chopped salad soggy; menu limited; Wait staff attentive. Wouldn't recommend it.
- Great Food & ServiceOldwineDined on 9/4/2014Really a great overall dining experience. I will definitely return. My wife and I enjoy good food, atmosphere, and service. Cafe Don Jose scores great on all three. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cafe Don Jose - Temple Terrace, FL reviews archive.