1600 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafedivinesf.com/
- Phone: 4159863414x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: T - TH 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM, FR - MO 9:00 AM.
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Wees
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music Sunday through Thursday nights, 7-9 PM. Monday is accordion night with Dan Cantrell or Rob Reich, Tuesday jazz with Chris Amberger and friends, Wednesday ragtime with Craig Ventresco and Meredith Axlerod, Thursdays and Sundays range from pianists to gypsy jazz and tangos. Please call for the schedule.
- Cross Street: Union St.
- Public Transit: Muni lines 39, 41, 45, 30 are within a half block. The Powell-Mason Cable Car stops two blocks away on Union.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On the street, or lots available: Vallejo between Stockton and Powell, Powell between Union and Green, Green between Columbus and Powell, and Filbert at Columbus.
A word from Cafe Divine
Cafe Divine, a North Beach Bistro, offers "heavenly cuisine" for breakfast through dinner. Overlooking Washington Square, this world-class cafe is the perfect spot to relax with a cappuccino or glass of wine, devour delicious San Francisco comfort food served all day long, and enjoy the colorful world of North Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Divine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great location mediocre foodchazuDined on 4/25/2014We loved sitting by the window right on Washington square. Disappointed that there was no live music on a Friday night -- that's why we went. The food was just okay. Felt like our eggplant parmagian got a microwaved....and salad wasn't that tasty. If I went back it would be to have a drink and listen to music on a night when there was music.
- Despite making a reservationlagdenDined on 4/20/2014We booked a table. checked the venue out on the saturday. absolutely no notice to say they shut on sundays. We took a taxi there to find the Cafe Divine SHUT.
- Really had a good time withJamesDined on 1/23/2014Really had a good time with great food and live music every night. 10$ corkage so brought my own wine. Portions were very large, need to order less next time. Went there for their tango musicians (4th Thursdays?) and found a small bit of floor to dance on. Floor was just ok - hard surfaced tile, a little sticky but everything else was great. Will definitely go back, and will bring a little powder for the floor next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the musicBuonaforchettaDined on 12/26/2013I came to hear the music and ended up liking the food too! It's a lovely intimate setting, and the musicians were very enjoyable. The accordionist was excellent, and knew exactly how loudly to play so that diners could listen and still have a conversation comfortably. It gave the restaurant ambiance a European feel, which was like a mini vacation! The service was helpful and timely. I would return and would recommend Cafe Divine, especially if the accordionist is playing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dining experienceccorpuelVIPDined on 12/21/2013This was a delightful dining experience. The oyster special and Roasted Beet Salad were very good. The service was exemplary. When we found the night's special a little "off," our waitress immediately whisked the dish back to the kitchen and soon returned with a replacement item. There was no wait in getting seated and the staff were efficient and accommodating to help us promptly make our show time. As we were leaving, the bar area was filling up, becoming quite lively and fun. If I lived nearby, I would regularly come here to take advantage of the Early Bird Dinner as well as Happy Hour with their complimentary appetizers and wines at half price. This is truly a neighborhood gem amidst the charm and excitement of North Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Divine in North BeachNCvisitorsDined on 10/17/2013A great neighborhood restaurant. The menu and wine list are not extensive, but everything is high quality, well prepared and the service is friendly and efficient, willing to do things like allowing us to change tables without any fuss at all. From the initial reception until the time we left, everyone working at the restaurant could not have been nicer nor more helpful. The outside tables across from Washington Park are fun, the inside window tables offer the same view of the park and the active North Beach scene. Both our dinners were very good, my wife's spinach and cheese manicotti were excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian restaurantTimetoDineDined on 10/12/2013Excellent Italian restaurant in North Beach near Washington Square Park. Amazing food, service and ambience. Perfect for a date night or dinner with family or friends. Very nice selection of wines and after dinner desserts and coffees. The restaurant itself if small but that is what makes it so charming. The casual elegance, romantic feel and intimate setting make this restaurant a neighborhood favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereCCLWDined on 9/30/2013This is a nice spot in North Beach with tasty French themed food and a lively atmosphere. We had a party of 6 people on a Monday night which was Accordion Night. The one complaint would be the accordion music was quite loud for the small space, so it was hard to hear everyone. The singer that night was amazing! We ordered the chicken pre fixe, Pizza Margarita, smoked trout, and beef bourguignon. It was all delicious and flavorful. To drink we had the house red wine which fitted the meals everyone had perfectly. And, those under 21 got Italian sodas. These had way too much syrup in them for the amount of soda water. The staff was excellent -- knowledgeable and friendly, while timing dishes out perfectly. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food, service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2013The food was really tasty- everything I had there was delicious. Service though.... When we arrived, the host barely made eye contact and basically set two menus down and walked away. I had to tell my server that I had an open table reservation, and she wasn't quite sure what it was. (??) The server was a little rude in the beginning, but she warmed up after a while...we were actually there for two hours. Not by choice, but the food came very slowly. Just paying our bill took more than 20 mins. And yes, we timed it because we ended up late for a show. I would return and ask for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining is definitely DivineJohnKVIPDined on 9/9/2013Dining at Cafe Divine was a truly pleasurable experience. Excellent value especially if you opt for the Prix-Fixe Dinner. Happy Hour treats are also a plus. Don't forget the dessert for sure. The blueberry pie is awesome.Special Features:
- Great BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/21/2013Nice selection of breakfast items on the menu.. Went with group of 6 and we ordered quiche lorraine, bisquits and gravy, waffles with bacon, and a breakfast sandwich on foccatia bread and all were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable and consistentStewartDined on 8/17/2013Very enjoyable and consistent. I always enjoy Divine. Great music most evenings 7 - 9/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you won't be sorrykimbaDined on 8/4/2013Food was delicious and the service was super. Will definitely some here again when I'm in the area. Diverse menu and amazing starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade F ...MeatT321Dined on 5/27/2013Darling corner spot. Meat grade choices were fair, unfortunately. The chef's sauces were good, but due to the grades of meat, the meal was not enjoyable. Will not return.
- Treat your out of town guestsAliceinSFVIPDined on 5/9/2013We had breakfast here with a friend from Boston who said that the Quiche Lorraine was the best he had ever eaten. We like the laid-back atmosphere along with the in house baked pies.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteAliceinSFVIPDined on 4/17/2013This is one of our favorite places to eat. Very good menu choices.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for ourjlltVIPDined on 4/13/2013Very accommodating for our family of 5 and dog. We always enjoy our experience and the food here!
- Great place to take peopleNickDined on 3/17/2013Great place to take people visiting San Francisco...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The happy hour is a greatcaseatDined on 3/2/2013The happy hour is a great deal with half price wines and a discount on the prix fixe dinner, which is already an excellent value.Special Features:
- Really good food with a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Really good food with a good atmosphere and nice view. not overly pricey but not cheap. Would definitely recommend. Open Table was a great tool as it gets very very busy. when we arrived the wait was 45 min+ and we were sitted in 10Special Features:
- No Open Table on weekends!!BluebayDined on 2/17/2013The place was full, we made a reservation through Open Table and they said we had to wait until the people on its list take a seat!!! If they know the place has a big demand on weekends, they shouldn't allow reservation through this website. The service was great, the food was delicious but the first impression was so bad, we were very upset because we're starving and we had to wait around 20 or 25 minutes to get a table. Hopefully they can fix this little issue, besides that everything was very good.
- The food here is reasonablyStitchVIPDined on 2/7/2013The food here is reasonably good but as usual the service leaves much to be desired.
- The food was good, but theUnclemomoVIPDined on 1/20/2013The food was good, but the service was poor. The wait person was not responsive, delaying the delivery of coffee and water in the beginning. However, the food service with another wait person was fine.
- Service has gone down hill!!!Thomas79Dined on 1/12/2013Service has gone down hill!!! This used to be a regular spot for me and my wife however it seems things have changed a bit service is very slow and forgetful. We never got bread like we used to, and they forgot to bring my wife's coffee. It just seems like something is missing???
- Loved the food especiallyKenkenDined on 12/27/2012Loved the food especially the pizza & breakfast sandwich Service needs tweakingSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the great service,AhmerdeDined on 12/24/2012Enjoyed the great service, the quaint ambiance, and the wonderful simplicity of such notables as quiche of the day, or variations of eggs benedict, or waffles.Special Features:
- Decent food; incredibly slow servicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012After reading some strong reviews, we were disappointed. The food was pretty good, and although our server was very nice, the service was incredibly slow, especially considering the restaurant was almost empty. Our drinks took 10-15 minutes to be delivered. We had 2 couples and 2 children. One couple's food came after about 15 minutes. The other couple's food didn't come until after the first couple was completely done eating. And the kids' food came last. Then when we received the bill, the server politely pointed out that gratuity had been added because we were a group of six. Needless to say, we would not hurry back.Special Features:
- Cafe Divine is a nice, casualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Cafe Divine is a nice, casual option across from Washington Square Park. It has a European vibe and is quite enjoyable. Great neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Best of the neighborhoodPockyVIPDined on 12/19/2012This restaurant serves up simple comfort food in the great historical neighborhood of North Beach. It's not expensive and they even have musicians serenading you during dinner. The most awesome dessert is the gingerbread cake with vanilla ice cream--perfecto. My favorite dish is the beef bourguignon, braised perfectly in a rich delicious sauce. Breakfast items on the menu are also satisfying and well executed. I don't know why people wait in line for Mama's across the street when Cafe Divine's food is better quality and tastes so much better. Yummy.Special Features:
- I have to say the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012I have to say the service was great and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- A real winner at washington squareKBStDined on 9/3/2012Everyone in our party enjoyed there meal. Great location (except for parking), the food and service was excellent, and the music the night we were there was extraordinary. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- The pizza was edible. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012The pizza was edible. Had way better. Our server was Mr No Personality. Must of had a real bad day.....
- Delicious. Ginger cake a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2012Delicious and creative food. We sat outside since it was noisy inside with the musical performance. We were happy we brought our hats and gloves since they didn't have any heating elements available. Order extra caramel with the ginger cake!Special Features:
- The service was not how IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2012The service was not how I rememberd it to be which was a shame because I took out of town guests to dinner. The pasta portions were too salty and we sent back two plates. However, the chef did make a great gesture by coming out to greet us. Either way, this dinner spot has dropped far down my list for consideration. The menu and service needs to be worked on.
- The waiter took very longOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/9/2012The waiter took very long to tend to our table. He was very inattentive. We dine out often and this was one of the worst waiters we have had. He had a Boston accent. The other staff were friendly enough. We will not be going back to Cafe Divine.Special Features:
- The special, corned beef &nicknameDined on 3/17/2012The special, corned beef & cabbage, was absolutely outstanding. Great view to watch the St. Patrick's Day happenings.
- Great meal! The dog bowl forTheInsiderVIPDined on 3/11/2012Great meal! The dog bowl for our dog was a fantastic touch!Special Features:
- A good find!NoneDined on 1/28/2012My party of three ordered several pizzas--a mushroom and truffle one and a salami with pepperoni added. There were excellent--especially the mushroom one! We werThe service was a little slow--taking our order, filling our drinks, bringing our check. I ordered regular coffee after my meal and it was lukewarm. My refill was slightly above lukewarm. Good thing I don't use milk or I would have had cold coffee. The special board advertized blueberry pie. We eyed this all evening with anticipation. Upon ordering our dessert, we were informed they were out of blueberry pie. We shared the brownie sundae and gingerbread cake. I thought the brownie was dry but my husband enjoyed it. The gingerbread cake was very yummy served with vanilla ice cream.Special Features:
- This place was extremely loudOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/2/2012This place was extremely loud and they packed too many tables in a small place. it was difficult to talk, let alone any privacy. the service was so-so and we had to ask for coffee refills twice. the other location in noe valley was less noisy and more spacious. we definitely will not return to this location.Special Features:
- Service was a bit rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2011Service was a bit rushed. Food was okay but nothing special. Best thing about Cafe Divine is the live music.Special Features: