Café Des Beaux-Arts
73-640 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Café Des Beaux-Arts
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedesbeauxarts.com/
- Phone: 7603460669x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Friday & Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Fong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz in the Bar from 6:00-9:00pm on Wednesday and Fridays during season.
A word from Café Des Beaux-Arts
Come and savor French-Mediterranean cuisine in the heart of Palm Desert. Enjoy a truly wonderful dining experience on our climate-controlled patio. You'll love our extraordinary food at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Des Beaux-Arts reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Accomodating with AmbianceMonchitoDined on 9/27/2014We first went to Cafe Des Beaux-Arts for Thanksgiving...unusual in itself but was worth the trip. This recent visit will now make the restaurant a "must do" whenever we come to Palm Desert. We brought guests that have never been here and are moving to Palm Desert...it has become their "must do" while in Palm Desert. Food excellent, service is accommodating and the ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Food is excellent and moderately priced considering the quality.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I had the sand dabs for dinner. The sand dabs were average but rest of the meal was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!oldschoolVIPDined on 9/5/2014This French restaurant is one of the best! They do a fine job in the menu and service is always very good. We always enjoy dining there.
- PretentiousMontgomeryDined on 6/24/2014The menu is impressive; the execution, not so much. Why is it that the slower the restaurant, the more inattentive the service? Might the two be connected?Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experiencecatennisbumDined on 6/19/2014Our waiter was very patient to wait for our party to decide our choices. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so food decisions took a little while. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the spinach and also the beet salads. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Wasn't what I thought it would be. Much better restaurants in the area. Average at best.Special Features:
- good casual brunch on el paseoConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 6/15/2014watch the el paseo passers-by while having a casual brunchSpecial Features:
- Lovely Food, Old Time AtmosphereMemberVIPDined on 6/5/2014Really lovely food, especially the pasta and sand dabs. Feels like a Parisian sidewalk cafe.
- GiacomoDined on 6/5/2014Located on El Paseo. From the patio you can watch the people go by on the desert version of Rodeo Drive. The restuarant offers a full bar, good wine list and patio dining. They do pour a good sized drink. It is French cuisine and a very reasonable three course menu. The Coq a Vin is wonderful. There is a also a light cuisine, which works very well in the desert in the summer months. The food was great, and the service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting problemJoeyVIPDined on 6/2/2014We were sitted at the window and the customers next to us were too load. The sitting should be properly located in a friendly surrounding. The foods were okay but should have been presented in a nice serving. Specially, when it comes to Restaurant Week. This is our second time in this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Bistroups2011VIPDined on 6/2/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Cafe Des Beaux-Arts very much. The Coq au Vin was excellent as were the other dishes we tried. We will be back again before we leave Palm Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekpdnativeDined on 6/2/2014I recently went there for restaurant week and chose one of their entree choices, however, their summer special was a much better choice. My sand dabs were fine, but came with very sparse side dishes and the strawberry dessert was only okay. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- The following 183 reviews are from the Café Des Beaux-Arts reviews archive.
- El Paseo dining pleasureBusterVIPDined on 5/26/2014Very good menu, several interesting specials, nicely priced, excellent, friendly service. and the benefit of having a covered patio. all around excellent restaurant and one I will revisit during each visit to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- BAD BAD DIRTYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014Bad service, bad food and dirty restaurant. Horrible service - rude waiter / inattentive wait-staff - no butter for hard / stale bread - no water refill unless we asked 3 times. Arrived at noon for lunch and were given breakfast menu, so we asked for the lunch menu (12 noon is lunch - right) and got an attitude from the rude waiter about wanting lunch and he told us that we would have to wait. Food is just boring / lacks flavor / and cheap portions. When you order a salad, you would think that it would come with more than a 1/4 cup of old shredded lettuce. 2nd time dining there for lunch. I will not go back.
- 3rd Time Not a CharmPalmoasisDined on 5/25/2014I am really sorry to have give any restaurant a poor review, however all three times I have eaten here I have had the "runs" immediately after the meal. And it happened to my dining partner, too. My suggestion is that the kitchen should do a thorough analysis of food handling.
- Its ok but no wow!MechaDined on 5/23/2014The server was great! He was friendly and patient. The food was ok and that it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories of ParisTable42Dined on 5/16/2014We took the last reservation of the night because the French eat late and we weren't disappointed. Waiter (Jose) was very attentive and helpful, coming to the table at just the right times. Ambience was perfectly romantic and on a very warm evening the misters on the breeze were wonderful. The food was excellent, with generous portions, and just what we wanted. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Delicious but dated menuOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed a tasty albeit throwback dinner. Looking at the menu one cannot tell if it was 1974 or 2014. All of the classic dishes one would expect at a French restaurant were available. Perhaps a little more inventiveness would bring more people to this solid restaurant. Friday night at 7:00 and only 1/3 of the tables were full. Our server were painfully slow in taking our orders. Yellow and red beet salad with caramelized walnuts and goat cheese on spinach was the freshest and best dish of the night. Onion soup gratinee was classic - it could have more onions. Chicken ravioli (7) with a creamy marinara sauce was great. Coq Au Vin with pasta was good but felt like leftovers - the sauce was so thick and the skin on the chicken was flabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhhhhhFoodie13Dined on 5/9/2014Took my mother here for an early Mothers Day. Upon arrival, there was little parking (which is to be expected in this area) walked in through the patio entrance & was hit by a very strange chemical odor (smelled like a pesticide) once you got into the building itself, the smell was no longer present. The atmosphere itself was nice, not as classy as I would have thought for the prices on the menu but, nice. The wait staff was pleasant, not as attentive as I would have preferred but better then other locations I have dined at. (Checked on us very little, waited a long while for drinks & refills) Food was overcooked and dry, some of it tasteless. Prices were pretty steep for such poor quality. Seemed to have a lot of regulars at the bar.Special Features:
- El Paseo Gem24dinnerVIPDined on 4/29/2014Enjoy a wonderful dining experience while people watching on El Paseo. Those little French rolls are really crisp and tasty. Tradition says you must try the Onion Soup [ ooh la la ]. My BW went for the Beet Salad - outstanding. Excellent entrees include the Rack of Lamb and the Shrimp Provencale. Service with a smile always. Try them for Breakfast and Lunch as well.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteGAannivcoupleDined on 4/28/2014Enjoyed all of our favorites- escargot, spinach salad, veal special & seafood feuillette (sp?). Very good, as usual, along with prompt, friendly service & best view to people-watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites.MikeDined on 4/22/2014As seasonal residents, this is one of the first restaurants for us when we return to the Desert and one of the last before we leave. We like the patio and my wife likes to watch the people on El Pasao.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchakamaiDined on 4/20/2014Second year for Easter brunch. They honor reservations, nice table on patio, great food and service. Love having special menu but not overpriced.Special Features:
- French treatQuinnVIPDined on 4/13/2014A great spot for a casual or fancy delicious French meal. Great location with outdoor seating on El PaseoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not impressed.JuniorDined on 4/6/2014The food was not very good. The service was perfunctory. We felt we were being rushed. Of all the restaurants where we have eaten in Palm Desert this is the last one we would go back to.
- Family FriendlySeasaidhVIPDined on 4/3/2014A nice spot for a lady's get-together too. We shared the beet salad - delish. We all had the sand dibs for our entrees and they were wonderful. Wish I could go back and have more. Lovely to be on the semi-outdoor terrace and street-watch too.Special Features:
- Outstanding french quisineChrisDined on 4/2/2014Excellent food, good service and above average entertainment. The night we were there we were entertained by an excellent singer - part KT Tunstall, part Diana Krall...Special Features:
- French at its best!DisappointedVIPDined on 3/31/2014Many visits to this very enjoyable restaurnant, both for lunch and for dinner. A wide selection of items on the menu so you can always find something appealing to eat. Outstanding salads and soups. Great fish and deserts. The semi-open air dining is delightful. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have had dinner at BA manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014We have had dinner at BA many times Have always enjoyed the food and the restaurant every time. Nothing negative to say.Special Features:
- The Cafe on Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We've been to Cafe des Beaux-Arts many time but never on Saturday night. It was too crowded and noisy for our tastes. Service was slow, and my creme brulee was burnt. However, on every other occasion, the Cafe was perfect! Great food, great service, and nice covered seating right on the Paseo. Our favorite place in Palm Desert, at least for lunch and weekday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comforting old world experiencePHXKSMDined on 3/23/2014If you are like me and grow weary of shiny, new, glitzy, chain affiliated fine dining...then you will enjoy the independent feel , the not perfect but cozy charm, and the older but well maintained facility. Great covered patio. Attentive and gracious service. Don't expect health food. This menu is steeped in old Europe where sauce and puff pastry are king. Cafe des beaux-arts is steeped in Palm Dessert's tradition but is still relevant.Special Features:
- close to action for fashion weeknosnowDined on 3/22/2014or anything else youre doing on El Paseo strip . Nice corner restaurant across from the weeks events. Had a nice country pate offering which you dont find on the pizza bar menus. Poured a hefty glass too! This is about my 5th time here. most meals better than average for sure but not the best i've ever had. it was the convenience that brought me herer this last week and it was a good choice for what we were doing that evening and the meal we were looking for so pleased that we chose it. They did inquire if we werer headed off to the fashion show so seemed happy to get us served in good time with out us having to ask. All in all good experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only location and ambience was goodDannoDined on 3/21/2014Waiter lacked personality and was not attentive. Bread was sub-par, like a soft stale effect. Salad was good but Salmon entree lacked taste. My date's fish dish was salty. The dessert was terrible. It was an ice cream filled doughy puff. Ice cream normal but dough was tasteless and texture was just awful. Will never go back although the location is great. Perhaps if I had a few drinks I would not have cared.
- Worth ReturningTdrexVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is a tremendously popular place due to its location, food quality, ambiance and great service. Always busy and vibrant,with its large open windows, it makes the interior part of the outdoors. We returned with another couple after quite a long absence and found it to be just as delightful as we werere remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before Fashion showKateDined on 3/19/2014For the past three years we have dined at Café de Beau Arts prior to going to the fashion show. We had excellent food and service. It is one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Lmn1Dined on 3/12/2014One of my favorite places to return to year after year! With wonderful options, delicious food and great service you can't go wrong! My only problem this time, and it's happened twice, is my vegetables and mashed potatoes have been cold upon being served. Now I didn't bring it up and it wasn't only my plate either. Just wondering, hmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!BHowarthDined on 3/8/2014Girls night out! We spent the weekend in the desert and wanted a nice local place. Loved the food, loved the patio and music was great too and unexpected! Loved our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingazluVIPDined on 3/8/2014Every time we come to here,,my husbad and I always dine at this restaurant this time it was better than ever I had duck breast in fig sauce truly suburb!! My husband had escarct and calf's liver which he said were excellent We shared profiteroles for dessert Our reservation was honored on time The server was attentive and knowledgable .we couldn't have made a better choice for dinner We will definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- OverratedTeshDined on 2/22/2014The food was OK. The bar service was very bad. My wife ordered a Saffire Bombay Martini. The bartender ran out of Saffire & used regular gin to complete the cocktail. She didn't tell us or even offer a discount for the drink. Wait service was nice& pleasant.Special Features: