Café Des Beaux-Arts
73-640 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Café Des Beaux-Arts
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedesbeauxarts.com/
- Phone: (760) 346-0669
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Friday & Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Fong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz in the Bar from 6:00-9:00pm on Wednesday and Fridays during season.
A word from Café Des Beaux-Arts
Come and savor French-Mediterranean cuisine in the heart of Palm Desert. Enjoy a truly wonderful dining experience on our climate-controlled patio. You'll love our extraordinary food at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Café Des Beaux-Arts - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Café Des Beaux-Arts reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)special occasion (8)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)good for groups (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Window on the worldGAannivcoupleVIPDined on 11/16/2014Veal special & seafood feulliette (sp?) were our choices. Never miss spinach salad & escargot plus tarte tatin dessert. Love to people watch right on El Paseo. Comfortable service, always efficient & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly findlalaVIPDined on 11/12/2014We often dine at Cafe Des Beaux Arts when we visit the desert. This is the first time we have tried this restaurant for dinner. My shrimp crepes were great and authentic. You can order half orders, which is great. My husband said that his stuffed chicken was a little dry. My friend loved her half order of lamb chops; she said the chops were fantastic! Our waiter was very attentive, and the owner, Didier, very friendly. Overall, a comfortable, and reasonably-priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely restaurant environment!Lucielovesfood2Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is at a wonderful location and a nice place to take guests. The food is prepared to most diners liking, with good variety to please all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bad experienceZuggyyDined on 11/1/2014Party of 6 three meals returned just simply bad food and would never go back again even though we've been coming for years.
- Charming cafe on El PaseoConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 10/30/2014Took my out-of-town guests for casual dinner...they enjoyed watching people stroll by.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentEstelleVIPDined on 10/26/2014We eat brunch here whenever we are in town. Food and service consistently good. Their eggs Benedict with spinach is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewBIGFELLOWDined on 10/19/2014A very pleasant experience. Good service. A wide variety of menu items. Well prepared and presented. Reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arts and ArtClrturaDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I go to Cafe Des Beaux-Arts every time we're in Palm Desert. We love the food, service, ambiance and art on the walls and pillars. Even though we're not there frequently the staff greet like we're regular customers, ask how long we're staying this time and are always very pleasant. My husband usually orders the same things, either Sandwich Francais or Croque Monsieur and I try many different dishes. Each time we're more than pleased with the food. Took friends for brunch on a Sunday (our first brunch there) and it was excellent!Special Features:
- romantic night outChetDined on 10/17/2014Welcomed with a warm smile and handshake. Romantic booth in corner. Ambiance is cozy, service is and polite. The food is terrific from the from french bread to the seafood and dessert. This is our go to place in Palm Desert. A great lace for friends and special occasions.Special Features:
- Good place to go in Palm DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Good food, from a varied menu, portions were more than enough. Service was prompt but not overbearing. The open air windows let in the cooler night air and created an outdoor seating atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014The food was disappointing and seemingly not very fresh. I had the stuffed chicken breast and it rated less than par. My friend ordered the lamb and he enjoyed it. Service is slow but friendly.
- Greatl place in the heart of townGoodTimesDined on 10/11/2014The right combination of fine food, local atmosphere and quality service. Can be a little pricey if you make it that way, but doesn't have to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to feel like a local!FoodedDined on 10/6/2014Enjoyed great service, excellent food and a lovely outdoor experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of old ParisCorianderDined on 10/6/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Cafe des Beaux-Arts. The table "arrangements" were dried something that should have been thrown away. NOTHING would have been better. Otherwise, it was a lovely evening. We were with another couple ( their first visit), who loved their selections and said they would return soon. We look forward to more dinners chez Beaux-Arts as well.Special Features:
- Been here before and will be back.BarryAJDined on 10/6/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Great service, good food served along with ambience. We've been here several times and it remains a favor for an evening out and a nice place to take guests. Try it and I'm certain you will become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast dningTunaFanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very nice setting and the food was good. I visited for breakfast and enjoyed the meal. Many items to choose from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating with AmbianceMonchitoDined on 9/27/2014We first went to Cafe Des Beaux-Arts for Thanksgiving...unusual in itself but was worth the trip. This recent visit will now make the restaurant a "must do" whenever we come to Palm Desert. We brought guests that have never been here and are moving to Palm Desert...it has become their "must do" while in Palm Desert. Food excellent, service is accommodating and the ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- mike012740Dined on 9/27/2014Food is excellent and moderately priced considering the quality.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I had the sand dabs for dinner. The sand dabs were average but rest of the meal was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!oldschoolVIPDined on 9/5/2014This French restaurant is one of the best! They do a fine job in the menu and service is always very good. We always enjoy dining there.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Café Des Beaux-Arts reviews archive.
- PretentiousMontgomeryDined on 6/24/2014The menu is impressive; the execution, not so much. Why is it that the slower the restaurant, the more inattentive the service? Might the two be connected?Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experiencecatennisbumDined on 6/19/2014Our waiter was very patient to wait for our party to decide our choices. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so food decisions took a little while. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the spinach and also the beet salads. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2014Wasn't what I thought it would be. Much better restaurants in the area. Average at best.Special Features:
- good casual brunch on el paseoConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 6/15/2014watch the el paseo passers-by while having a casual brunchSpecial Features:
- Lovely Food, Old Time AtmosphereMemberVIPDined on 6/5/2014Really lovely food, especially the pasta and sand dabs. Feels like a Parisian sidewalk cafe.
- GiacomoDined on 6/5/2014Located on El Paseo. From the patio you can watch the people go by on the desert version of Rodeo Drive. The restuarant offers a full bar, good wine list and patio dining. They do pour a good sized drink. It is French cuisine and a very reasonable three course menu. The Coq a Vin is wonderful. There is a also a light cuisine, which works very well in the desert in the summer months. The food was great, and the service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting problemJoeyVIPDined on 6/2/2014We were sitted at the window and the customers next to us were too load. The sitting should be properly located in a friendly surrounding. The foods were okay but should have been presented in a nice serving. Specially, when it comes to Restaurant Week. This is our second time in this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Bistroups2011VIPDined on 6/2/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Cafe Des Beaux-Arts very much. The Coq au Vin was excellent as were the other dishes we tried. We will be back again before we leave Palm Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekpdnativeDined on 6/2/2014I recently went there for restaurant week and chose one of their entree choices, however, their summer special was a much better choice. My sand dabs were fine, but came with very sparse side dishes and the strawberry dessert was only okay. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- El Paseo dining pleasureBusterVIPDined on 5/26/2014Very good menu, several interesting specials, nicely priced, excellent, friendly service. and the benefit of having a covered patio. all around excellent restaurant and one I will revisit during each visit to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- BAD BAD DIRTYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014Bad service, bad food and dirty restaurant. Horrible service - rude waiter / inattentive wait-staff - no butter for hard / stale bread - no water refill unless we asked 3 times. Arrived at noon for lunch and were given breakfast menu, so we asked for the lunch menu (12 noon is lunch - right) and got an attitude from the rude waiter about wanting lunch and he told us that we would have to wait. Food is just boring / lacks flavor / and cheap portions. When you order a salad, you would think that it would come with more than a 1/4 cup of old shredded lettuce. 2nd time dining there for lunch. I will not go back.
- 3rd Time Not a CharmPalmoasisDined on 5/25/2014I am really sorry to have give any restaurant a poor review, however all three times I have eaten here I have had the "runs" immediately after the meal. And it happened to my dining partner, too. My suggestion is that the kitchen should do a thorough analysis of food handling.
- Its ok but no wow!MechaDined on 5/23/2014The server was great! He was friendly and patient. The food was ok and that it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories of ParisTable42Dined on 5/16/2014We took the last reservation of the night because the French eat late and we weren't disappointed. Waiter (Jose) was very attentive and helpful, coming to the table at just the right times. Ambience was perfectly romantic and on a very warm evening the misters on the breeze were wonderful. The food was excellent, with generous portions, and just what we wanted. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Delicious but dated menuOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed a tasty albeit throwback dinner. Looking at the menu one cannot tell if it was 1974 or 2014. All of the classic dishes one would expect at a French restaurant were available. Perhaps a little more inventiveness would bring more people to this solid restaurant. Friday night at 7:00 and only 1/3 of the tables were full. Our server were painfully slow in taking our orders. Yellow and red beet salad with caramelized walnuts and goat cheese on spinach was the freshest and best dish of the night. Onion soup gratinee was classic - it could have more onions. Chicken ravioli (7) with a creamy marinara sauce was great. Coq Au Vin with pasta was good but felt like leftovers - the sauce was so thick and the skin on the chicken was flabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhhhhhFoodie13Dined on 5/9/2014Took my mother here for an early Mothers Day. Upon arrival, there was little parking (which is to be expected in this area) walked in through the patio entrance & was hit by a very strange chemical odor (smelled like a pesticide) once you got into the building itself, the smell was no longer present. The atmosphere itself was nice, not as classy as I would have thought for the prices on the menu but, nice. The wait staff was pleasant, not as attentive as I would have preferred but better then other locations I have dined at. (Checked on us very little, waited a long while for drinks & refills) Food was overcooked and dry, some of it tasteless. Prices were pretty steep for such poor quality. Seemed to have a lot of regulars at the bar.Special Features:
- El Paseo Gem24dinnerVIPDined on 4/29/2014Enjoy a wonderful dining experience while people watching on El Paseo. Those little French rolls are really crisp and tasty. Tradition says you must try the Onion Soup [ ooh la la ]. My BW went for the Beet Salad - outstanding. Excellent entrees include the Rack of Lamb and the Shrimp Provencale. Service with a smile always. Try them for Breakfast and Lunch as well.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteGAannivcoupleVIPDined on 4/28/2014Enjoyed all of our favorites- escargot, spinach salad, veal special & seafood feuillette (sp?). Very good, as usual, along with prompt, friendly service & best view to people-watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites.MikeDined on 4/22/2014As seasonal residents, this is one of the first restaurants for us when we return to the Desert and one of the last before we leave. We like the patio and my wife likes to watch the people on El Pasao.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchakamaiDined on 4/20/2014Second year for Easter brunch. They honor reservations, nice table on patio, great food and service. Love having special menu but not overpriced.Special Features: