Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg
9811 Washingtonian Boulevard
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafedeluxe.com/
- Phone: (240) 403-7082
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Will Wilt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Atrium- An inviting space with windows overlooking the Rio Center Atrium. Perfect for seated events up to 30 guests or cocktail receptions up to 40 guests
The Overlook- A semi-private space with a unique atmosphere. Slightly raised room with café windows that can be opened or closed based upon request that allow you a view over the main section of the restaurant. Perfect for seated events up to 45 guests or cocktail receptions up to 75 guests.
The Lakeview Room- A fully private space with subtle décor, warm cafe tones and glass patio doors that open up to views of Rio Lake.Perfect for seated events up to 60 guests or cocktail receptions up
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Holt 2024654677x
A word from Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg
Cafe Deluxe, an American bistro combining the charm of a neighborhood restaurant with the energy of a bustling European eatery, serves fresh and innovative classics in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Washingtonians have enjoyed the friendly service and casual dining experience for nearly 20 years. The diverse brunch, lunch and dinner menus combine traditional fare like Steak Frites and Grilled Meatloaf with menu favorites ranging from the Spinach, Feta and Tomato Omelet for brunch to the Grilled Atlantic Salmon Nicoise Salad, and the Fra Diavolo Mussels to the Ahi Tuna Tacos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)good for groups (13)scenic view (13)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MilanoVIPDined on 11/23/2014nothing special - average food and restuarant - would not likely return
- Great impression on my first visitbobbiesgirlDined on 10/29/2014We ate in the bar side so it was a tad noisy but the service and food were excellent. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Love the Dog PatioFoodieBearDined on 10/26/2014It was a gorgeous day, so we thought we'd take our giant dog out to Sunday Brunch. The new Downtown Crown has opened a few blocks away, and is crazy busy with several new restaurants. So it was quiet at the Rio, smaking it was easy to get a seat. The staff was extremely welcoming and attentive, and they loved Beardog, who enjoyed frequent water refills and a perfectly grilled chicken breast. My husband's egg white omelet was lovely, a delicious healthy choice; my crab benedict was perfect, on sourdough toast with a sundried tomato hollandaise. My teenager took his giant, puff pastry chicken pot pie (regular menu) inside to eat. This Cafe Deluxe has come into its own, and the quality now equals that of the others in this local chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamIamDined on 10/24/2014The food was slightly better than mediocre and way over-priced. $12.95 for a small pedestrian omelette and side salad? Anyway you cut it, this is a poor value. Although the service and ambiance were vey good, I do not plan to return to Cafe Deluxe.
- GreenieGreenieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Busy night....service was poor. Not often I leave just 15% for service. Food was good...not anything special. Not sure I even received freq dining points but couldn't wait to find out. May be some time before returning
- A great 'Go-To' placeUnchainedAdventuresVIPDined on 10/9/2014Good food, good environment, good service. Perfect after a movie for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, good locationJillyjillVIPDined on 10/2/2014This Cafe Deluxe has a great view of the lake at Rio, but is otherwise a little lackluster. The food is very hit-or-miss with a few great items (delicious trout special) and several fairly meh ones--although nothing (except for the gazpacho--avoid at all costs) is awful. Sitting at the bar looking outside onto the lake is a real pleasure, especially when it is nice enough to have the bar windows open or sit outside along the boardwalk. However, the bartenders can be dismissive and inattentive. Happy hour offerings are decent and get switched up often enough to keep things interesting. Overall, we come here 3-4 times a year for happy hour (particularly on nice nights) and get the things we know are good.
- Great time!!!Copeland2014Dined on 9/26/2014Went to happy hour on Friday night. Drinks were fantastic & service was exceptional. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchvickistuDined on 9/21/2014We had out of town company plus various local family members from different areas in the metropolitan area. Reservation was ready when we got there and in the specific area of restaurant we requested. The location was great for easy on/easy off 270/370 even though finding the restaurant itself within the Rio complex is very difficult. Better signage would be appreciated. Our server Edmund was fantastic. He seemed to know just the right time to check on us but still give us plenty of time to talk as a group. Oh yeah. Brunch menu is great but I already knew that from earlier visits.Special Features:
- Good for rehearsal dinnerDavidGDined on 9/20/2014We brought a group of 23 people here and although we needed to be at two tables it all worked out wonderfully. Food was good and service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service so-soYardapeDined on 9/20/2014The food is always pretty good at Cafe Deluxe. The waiter however was clearly trying to rush us which I don't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014We had out of town co-workers with us and they really enjoyed the food and drinks.Special Features:
- service extraordinary!SodusPoint1967VIPDined on 9/14/2014After friendly greeting, seated at table of chice. Awesome menu, fish of day fresh catch, mixed fruit cobbler dessert hit all taste buds. Go to place in vibrant village on beautiful man made lake. Try it, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Menu looked goodNYCTouristVIPDined on 9/7/2014But I was disappointed in the food. My family got several different meals, the pancakes were too heavy, the oatmeal was too thick and a little cold, the eggs Benedict was a disappointment as well. I have been to Cafe Delux for lunch and dinner and it was much better.
- fantastic anniversaryshorthairDined on 9/5/2014We went out for our anniversary dinner and were treated like royalty. The food was amazing. The service was way above any other restaurant. I would highly recommend this location to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMikeVIPDined on 9/3/2014Lunch was excellent. Pricing was average. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Awful group experienceStephyDDined on 8/30/2014Scheduled a bridesmaid lunch here for day before wedding ... it was 9-10 of us at a table, and the restaurant was NOT busy. The waitress introduced herself and a coworker that was in training. Let's just say we ordered our lunches (mainly burgers and some other simple items) ... 40 minutes pass and we have to ask where our food is. Food comes, ... and what do you know, everyone's meal BUT the bride comes (and missing most of the requested condiments). Another 5-10 minutes goes by (it's a burger, really) and one of our girls decides to go hunt a manager down to explain that we've now been here for over an hour and our guest doesn't have their meal - then we're told 'momentarily' with no apologies. Ended up getting $50 off and drinks free.
- Great ServiceLeoSacDined on 8/16/2014We arrived on the later side but we were served with patience and wonderful food. Add to that being seated outside on a beautiful night. Who could ask for anything more. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Return visitSofiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding service. Food was very good, but I would stay away from the mussels. Chef has undercooked them twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDadto2Dined on 8/15/2014I have always enjoyed dining at Cafe Deluxe no matter which location. This time I went to the Gaithersburg location in the Rio. Food was excellent as was the service, although my dinner companion and I could have done without the parade of waiters and hosts who kept checking to see that we were doing okay. Great service, but almost too attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, but...DaveNBettyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice place to eat outside when weather permits. They offered to bring bread while we waited for dinner. We had to remind them about the bread which then arrived immediately, but cold. My wife ordered the crab cakes which were fishy tasting, mostly filler, and mushy. Out waitress made cocktail sauce for her. I had the roasted chicken. It was also mushy - not juicy, but watery. The skin was limp. The mashed potatoes were okay. The green beans were excellent! I also had a Greek salad which was quite good - plenty of feta cheese and Kalamata olives. We've been going to the restaurant for years (used to be Hamburger Hamlet) - primarily because of the location. We'll be back, but will keep our fingers crossed that the food will improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE MusselsAdamVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was really in the mood for mussels, and I know that the Cafe Deluxe in NW DC has a great reputation. Great, I thought, this could be great. I WAS WRONG. The mussels were offensively bad: many were not opened, and those that were were gritty. This was by no stretch of the human imagination worth $15. I don't know how you Cafe Deluxe can send those mussels out and charge money for them.
- Pretty goodGirlieDined on 8/9/2014Service was great. They messed up my husband's order and manager was super nice about trying to correct it. Food was ok but we only ordered burgers and spinach dip so other stuff may be betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely doneDianeDined on 8/9/2014The waiter was very friendly and accommodating. We requested outdoor seating which was devine. The Riesling wine was great and there was plenty of entrees to pick from. I had a salad with salmon which was very good. Also, the vegetable flatbread special was good. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cafe Deluxe - Gaithersburg reviews archive.