Cafe Deluxe - Bethesda
4910 Elm Street
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Deluxe - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafedeluxe.com/
- Phone: 3016563131x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason McIntosh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cafe Deluxe - Bethesda
Cafe Deluxe, an American bistro combining the charm of a neighborhood restaurant with the energy of a bustling European eatery, serves fresh and innovative classics in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Washingtonians have enjoyed the friendly service and casual dining experience for nearly 20 years. The diverse brunch, lunch and dinner menus combine traditional fare like Steak Frites and Grilled Meatloaf with menu favorites ranging from the Spinach, Feta and Tomato Omelet for brunch to the Grilled Atlantic Salmon Nicoise Salad, and the Fra Diavolo Mussels to the Ahi Tuna Tacos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Deluxe - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- YummyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Really glad I could bring my little dog with me to eat outside!Special Features:
- September 2014MDTERPDined on 9/13/2014Have eaten here several times and always is very dependable. Food was good at this visit. Had the meatloaf and was enjoyable. Beer list is okay, they were out of the first bottle beer I selected and they only have four beers on draft. Wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Cafe Deluxe takes Reservations!ChrisGw52VIPDined on 9/7/2014I am a regular diner at Cafe Deluxe in Bethesda. I'm very happy they now take reservations! I used my $50 Dining Check there this week!Special Features:
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2014I've noticed the quality of the food and drinks going downhill over the past year or so. My salad was wilted and the lettuce was BROWN. the ahi tuna pieces were very small and pretty much lacked any flavor. I had to return my drink twice - and I never return food or drinks because I don't like being "one of those" kind of diners. I am tired of getting sub-par food at these so-called "really great restaurants", so I have crossed Cafe Deluxe off my list and will not be returning. We were there on a Thursday night - which in Bethesda is a very busy night. The restaurant was 80% empty. maybe I'm not the only one who's noticed that the food sucks.
- JakeDined on 8/30/2014I've never had a bad experience at Cafe Deluxe. Indoors noise is a bit too high, however, this is one of my favorite spots to eat in Bethesda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SloooooooowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Celebrating a Birthday lunch with co-workers. The service was very slow. And the waiter brought one entree 15 minutes before bringing the others. We sent it back because it was cold by the time everyone else's meal arrived.Special Features:
- Surprisingly bad breakfastLevOTReviewsDined on 8/24/2014I've been to Cafe Deluxe for lunch and dinner many times and consider it a solid restaurant - good service, good ambience, nice outdoor option and solid to good food. This was my first time eating breakfast here and it was awful. Omelet with a bunch of ingredients just thrown inside a thick and stiffly formed outside with no cohesion, and breakfast potatoes that were cold and dried out. Same for a friend who ordered the same thing. Possible that it was just an off day particularly as it was in stark contrast to what I usually experience here food-wise. For now, I'll be limiting my visits here to lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISEOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had dinner with friends on Saturday evening, it was almost impossible to hold a conversation. EXTREMELY noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatFoodieCaboodieDined on 8/23/2014Went at lunchtime with a couple of friends and was tempted by the brunch menu, which did not disappoint. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodDCDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is not fine dining, but rather good, solid American fare. Burgers are quite good and the special fish dish was very tasty. Can be loud due to number of children dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cafe Deluxe - Bethesda reviews archive.