Cafe Del Rey
4451 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Del Rey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedelreymarina.com/
- Phone: 3108236395x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: LUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chuck Abair
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: N/A
A word from Cafe Del Rey
Cuisine inspired by the coastal towns of the Mediterranean. Intuitive service and a beautiful seaside setting. The food is about discovery: the freshest fish, fire grilled steaks, roasted free-range poultry, citrus, olives and market fresh vegetables all bursting with flavor. The luscious desserts, sophisticated cocktails and wine complete your journey. Escape to the good life at Cafe del ReyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cafe Del Rey - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Cafe Del Rey reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (122)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (75)romantic (55)great for lunch (50)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (40)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (33)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Good Service, Good FoodBaltoDinerDined on 10/28/2014Took at work group for a weekday dinner. Service was excellent, not intrusive but we never felt neglected. The food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great for a relaxed business lunch!BgCADined on 10/27/2014I've been here several times and really recommend Cafe Del Rey for a business lunch. The harbor view, fairly quiet and relaxed atmosphere, good lunch fare and staff make it an easy place to connect and have a conversation without yelling. They have ample seating for larger groups as well. It's a fairly great location when trying to connect with people in the South Bay, west side and is all of 10 minutes from LAX. Keep up the great work! BgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tasty and fresh food. Friendly staffs. Had a reservation and got seated right away. Little pricy but good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice place!!blaireverettDined on 10/22/2014WE thoroughly enjoyed ourselves; service was superb from the moment Angela seated us by the window. Food was prompt as was the service for the entire meal. I know I will return when in the Marina area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior serviceMudgeDined on 10/22/2014I hosted an elderly relative with a walker for lunch. We were treated at the valet, where her walker was removed and set up and ready for her before her car door was even open. Same consideration inside, with every detail attended to with unobtrusive professionalism. Friendly service, with the slightest hint of solicitousness.Special Features:
- lookin4goodfoodlookin4goodfoodDined on 10/18/2014We arrived early and enjoyed a round of drinks in the bar/lounge area - service was prompt and very friendly. Dinner was excellent with choices to please everyone, in fact one of the reasons we chose this restaurant was for it's excellent menu for adults as well as options for children. We had 4 children in our group ranging from a 1 year old to an 8 year old, & the chicken choice for kids was very tasty and moist - not your typical dry chicken nuggets. The monkfish and barramundi dishes were well liked, however portions were on the small side. The service was a little slow, however overall it was a pleasant experience and I would recommend this restaurant. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodAprmdVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had an excellent meal and service in scenic spot. Food was very good and included meat and seafood gourmet entres. All this plus the view. The parking valet is a rip off but they require valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a very nice restaurant, good food & ambiance. Unfortunately, the service was slow & not up to the level of what one expects at this kind of restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014The shear artistry of the salad master is extraordinary. The sliced radishes were off the charts along with the greens and dressing. The slmon was fresh and nicely flakedSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentDonZDined on 10/8/2014Been going to this restaurant for many years. It has always remained one of the best restaurants in the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerry'sJerryDined on 10/6/2014Service, food and atmosphere were all outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerConcierge4lifeDined on 10/3/2014I took my family here for my mom's 60th birthday dinner and had some great food but not very attentive service. We arrived a late around 9:15 for dinner and were not greeted by a hostess until a lady (maybe a manager) walked in behind us with her purse and walked us to our table. We ordered the swordfish which was my favorite, the chicken pesto pizza and the free-range chicken to share between four. It was enough food for all of to share and the dishes were worth getting again. The server might have had a group in the other room because he was not checking on our table as much as he should have been and did not do a great job at making any kind of connection. Overall great food but needed better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeseafoodjunkieDined on 10/3/2014We were very pleased with the quality of food. It was all cooked perfectly. Loved the tapenade that came with the bread before the meal. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyGRP1Dined on 10/2/2014Bar was busy and only one waitress. Needed at least two. The one waitress should receive an endurance award. She was really doing a great job just too many people. The hostess and our dinner waitress was great. Friendly, helpful and courtesy. Food was very good. Good food, great service and wonderful view. I'll be back. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Love to Dine HerepolarVIPDined on 10/2/2014Whenever I come into Los Angeles, I try to make to Cafe Del Rey for dinner. Though out of my way, worth it!Special Features:
- Great SelectionJedon415Dined on 9/29/2014This was the first time that I had been to this restaurant and I had certain expectations when I arrived because I found the restaurant on Zagat and I already checked out the menu before booking my reservation, so I was hoping to have a great experience here, and they definitely delivered. The only negative thing that I would have to say was that I had to ask for my server after waiting for over ten minutes to order my appetizer. Other than that, the restaurant was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great EatsServicedLikeRoyaltyDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I experienced a delicious meal, he had the Baraumundi and I the Pallea. It was memorablelicious!. It took a while for our meal to be delivered, noted 26 min. beyond the normal time, so the manager comped our cocktails, much to our surprise and joy. We re-ordered cocktails and left feeling well cared for and so satisfied. Thanks to our Australian beauty server!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014I was there for my birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed every moment! They printed a souvenir Birthday menu, treated me with royalty and made my evening a superb event!Special Features:
- Never disappointedBenningtonVIPDined on 9/22/2014We're lucky enough to live a few blocks from Café del Rey, and we always enjoy it. Always an interesting menu with a fine emphasis on fresh seafood. Great view of the Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnner With A ViewWhenDoWeEatDined on 9/19/2014The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Since we got a bit lost in finding the place, we were late for our 8 o'clock seating, but there was no problem at all. We were seated at a table right next to the window with a view of the harbor. I think it would be close to impossible to choose anything less than stellar from the menu, since everyone at our table was incredibly pleased with their choice. Can't recommend Cafe Del Rey highly enough. A true gem.Special Features:
- Marina Del Rey FavoriteSteveDined on 9/19/2014This was my first visit to Cafe Del Rey and I enjoyed it very much. I started with the seasonal beet salad, moved on to the duck, and finished with the sweet potatoe cheesecake. The view of the marina was pleasant and the service above average. While the prices were high, it was appropriate for a farm-to-table approach.Special Features:
- problem with open table reservationdeebeeDined on 9/18/2014Your site asked me if I wanted to add an invitee. I put my girlfriend's email in. Evidently it did not go through because she didnot show up. Really dissappointed that I trusted the process, which is my fault. Maybe use an email alert systemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you dinner with a clientOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We had 3 in our party and each ordered a different seafood entrée. All were spectacular! One of the great things about Café del Rey is that the menu is simple, fairly small & everything on it is great.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Waitress was outstanding. There, but not there. Handled our wine request with expertise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local Nice Meal OutDddddVIPDined on 9/12/2014Consistently good food and wine. This place never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent for a MDR business lunchBgCADined on 9/12/2014I've been here many times and it never disappoints. The marina view is outstanding, and the food is really good. It's also failry quiet so you can talk without yelling. The staff i exceptional and the service outstanding (it also has free valet parking... so bonus there!)Special Features:
- Consistent as alwaysDiggieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had been going tomCafe Del Rey for years and they are consistent. It's a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Makes for a terrific evening!FatTonyDined on 9/7/2014I am never disappointed by my experiences here... whether just in for cocktails or enjoying one of their prix fixe tasting menus Cafe Del Rey is always stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatFoodFanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Another great meal with great service. Brunch on a Saturday, tomato soup was delicious, asparagus and mushrooms with fried egg was awesome. Pastries are always phenomenal. Looking forward to our next visit, hope it's soon!Special Features:
- Great view great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014I had the duck which was just the right portion, prepared perfectly and had a great presentation. The environment was great as the sun was setting on the marina, sailboats were coming in and the restaurant was beginning to fill up for dinner. The service staff was very attentive. My water glass was always filled after every drink. The cocktails were a great compliment to help enjoy the sunset. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- no curry pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I asked for no curry on a dish, it came with curry. However the graciousness evoked by the staff when we sent it back illustrated that the customer came first. I have the feeling that no matter what the staff would do anything to make their customers happy.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ViewBroadwayDined on 9/1/2014Cafe del Rey is located on the water in Marina del Rey and affords a wonderful view of the marina. The food is excellent, served by an attentive and friendly staff. Valet parking. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous diningDaveDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service. Attentive staff, who catered to our needs without rushing us. Delicious and creative cuisine. Great ambiance and fabulous view. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thinking of eating here? Don't.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter recommended two mains - the scallops and wagyu beef which we ordered with excitement. When the plates came, they were quite beautiful to look at, but that was about it. Remember folks, looks can be deceiving. The scallops and sausage with fig were cooked nicely, but somewhat bland. The best part of that plate was the handmade sausage which was a main component, but the piece they provided was the size of a thumb. Whatever the beef was that they served, it was NOT wagyu beef. It was a large end cut of something very tough. We are from cattle country and I'll tell you, what we paid for was neither delicate in texture nor melting in the mouth. Last effort - dessert was taken off our bill because it was inedible.
- Great place to celebrate!KRC1Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service and very good food! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigGVIPDined on 8/30/2014As they say, the food is inversely proportional to the view, and this place proves it. Great view, mediocre food, high price points. Service was very good, however. Avoid the octopus (the chef's pick) - rubbery, tasteless.Special Features:
- IKECDined on 8/24/2014SEAFOOD ALL GOOD, WINE REASONABLE, AND NICE AMBIENCE.Special Features:
- BrunchFarmBoyDined on 8/24/2014Very nice, took my family there (mother & sister) while visiting the area.Special Features:
- very good dinnerstayhungryVIPDined on 8/23/2014was pleasantly surprised with the experience top to bottom. reception, seating, servers,food,wine line. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a memorable experience!AliashDined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent but the meal was not as good as I was expecting! I think the ambiance, location and the service might bring me back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.