Cafe Del Rey
4451 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Del Rey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedelreymarina.com/
- Phone: 3108236395x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: LUNCH
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chuck Abair
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: N/A
A word from Cafe Del Rey
Cuisine inspired by the coastal towns of the Mediterranean. Intuitive service and a beautiful seaside setting. The food is about discovery: the freshest fish, fire grilled steaks, roasted free-range poultry, citrus, olives and market fresh vegetables all bursting with flavor. The luscious desserts, sophisticated cocktails and wine complete your journey. Escape to the good life at Cafe del ReyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cafe Del Rey - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Cafe Del Rey reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (122)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (63)romantic (55)great for lunch (50)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (38)notable wine list (31)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Waitress was outstanding. There, but not there. Handled our wine request with expertise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a MDR business lunchBgCADined on 9/12/2014I've been here many times and it never disappoints. The marina view is outstanding, and the food is really good. It's also failry quiet so you can talk without yelling. The staff i exceptional and the service outstanding (it also has free valet parking... so bonus there!)Special Features:
- Consistent as alwaysDiggieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Had been going tomCafe Del Rey for years and they are consistent. It's a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Makes for a terrific evening!FatTonyDined on 9/7/2014I am never disappointed by my experiences here... whether just in for cocktails or enjoying one of their prix fixe tasting menus Cafe Del Rey is always stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatFoodFanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Another great meal with great service. Brunch on a Saturday, tomato soup was delicious, asparagus and mushrooms with fried egg was awesome. Pastries are always phenomenal. Looking forward to our next visit, hope it's soon!Special Features:
- Great view great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014I had the duck which was just the right portion, prepared perfectly and had a great presentation. The environment was great as the sun was setting on the marina, sailboats were coming in and the restaurant was beginning to fill up for dinner. The service staff was very attentive. My water glass was always filled after every drink. The cocktails were a great compliment to help enjoy the sunset. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- no curry pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I asked for no curry on a dish, it came with curry. However the graciousness evoked by the staff when we sent it back illustrated that the customer came first. I have the feeling that no matter what the staff would do anything to make their customers happy.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ViewBroadwayDined on 9/1/2014Cafe del Rey is located on the water in Marina del Rey and affords a wonderful view of the marina. The food is excellent, served by an attentive and friendly staff. Valet parking. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous diningDaveDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service. Attentive staff, who catered to our needs without rushing us. Delicious and creative cuisine. Great ambiance and fabulous view. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thinking of eating here? Don't.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter recommended two mains - the scallops and wagyu beef which we ordered with excitement. When the plates came, they were quite beautiful to look at, but that was about it. Remember folks, looks can be deceiving. The scallops and sausage with fig were cooked nicely, but somewhat bland. The best part of that plate was the handmade sausage which was a main component, but the piece they provided was the size of a thumb. Whatever the beef was that they served, it was NOT wagyu beef. It was a large end cut of something very tough. We are from cattle country and I'll tell you, what we paid for was neither delicate in texture nor melting in the mouth. Last effort - dessert was taken off our bill because it was inedible.
- Great place to celebrate!KRC1Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service and very good food! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigGVIPDined on 8/30/2014As they say, the food is inversely proportional to the view, and this place proves it. Great view, mediocre food, high price points. Service was very good, however. Avoid the octopus (the chef's pick) - rubbery, tasteless.Special Features:
- IKECDined on 8/24/2014SEAFOOD ALL GOOD, WINE REASONABLE, AND NICE AMBIENCE.Special Features:
- BrunchFarmBoyDined on 8/24/2014Very nice, took my family there (mother & sister) while visiting the area.Special Features:
- very good dinnerstayhungryVIPDined on 8/23/2014was pleasantly surprised with the experience top to bottom. reception, seating, servers,food,wine line. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a memorable experience!AliashDined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent but the meal was not as good as I was expecting! I think the ambiance, location and the service might bring me back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful setting of the marina, great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Great View! Excellent Service!LocalHotelTeamDined on 8/19/2014Thank you for a fabulous dining experience, Café del Rey. The view was great and the seating wasn’t cramped; very comfortable. We loved our server. She was very professional and fast, and all other servers I came in contact with were warm and friendly. We all agreed also on the nice food presentation and quality. The environment was classy, but not stuffy. We will be recommending this restaurant to our guests. Oh….. and how can I leave out the delicious truffle pizza appetizer! Wow! Very good. Thanks Café del Rey!Special Features:
- Great service.FussydinerDined on 8/18/2014Great server, wonderful food, not rushed. Thanks. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- It's been better....FineDiner101Dined on 8/16/2014Having been here before, it was disappointing. While we were waiting for our table, we went to the bar for a drink. My dates drink had so much ice in it that it was watery and completely sub-standard. I mentioned it to the server and no offer to replace it or anything. We moved into the dining room as our table was ready. Our server seemed disinterested, the food seemed bland that night. They were having an off night. I will give them one more try, but only one. Something has changed, be aware they were Not that busy on a Saturday night! Good Luck!Special Features:
- Perfect for Business meetingsBeanDined on 8/13/2014Recommend for small business meetings, service was excellent...prompt service, excellent menu choices and great view. Will be coming back here for more meetings, nice to have LAX fairly close by...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RileyDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed a beautiful marina setting and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE place to eat before flying LAXbg2atCoronaDined on 8/9/2014Environment was upbeat. Service was excellent. Food was tasty and just the right amount. Great place to bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the MarinaVioletDined on 8/4/2014A great go to place for special occasions. Can't believe it's been there for at least 25 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Had a delicious lunch with exceptional service and beautiful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceFoodloverVIPDined on 7/27/2014Just the pretty view you would expect from a dock-side restaurant. Although the bartender on duty was totally overwhelmed when we got there Sunday afternoon (the place should have gotten her some help) once we got to our table the service was crisp and the food was excellent. The portions were somewhat small but filling none-the-less. I had the restaurants version of Paella with cous-cous instead of rice (I like rice better) and it was delicious. My wife had the fish special and it was done well also. Worth a repeat visit for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See the MarinafoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014BEST RESTAURANT IN THE MARINA WITH A SPECTACULAR VIEWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceExplorerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Never had a bad meal in this place. Fabulous arctic char, duck and salmon.pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurant close to LaxEnriqueVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very Good atmosphere, service is very friendly, food is good, I only regret even we had reservation we had to wait 20 m for a tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/25/2014Cafe Del Rey is a great. All of the tables in the dinning room over look the marina. The food is fantastic. The wine list and menu creative and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I perfect place for a business dinner with good food and wine, and not to big a place. Noise level on the higher end of the scale, but nice view when you have a window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer views of the marina!laladinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014What a beautiful ambience at Cafe del Rey! We thought the Salmon on the Dine LA menu was superb and the service was fantastic. It sits next to the Yacht Club and has such a gorgeous view of the boats on the water!Special Features:
- Food not up to parLADaveVIPDined on 7/21/2014Been dining at Cafe Del Rey for 20 years, a great setting. I was disappointed by the food experience this past time. The fish seemed "old" and not "right off the boat" Same view by my guest. Maybe an off night.
- Great view, good foodWineLoverVIPDined on 7/20/2014The fish is always very fresh here and well prepared. They have some non fish items for those in the party that don't care for fish, but we always get fish. On this visit, the service was very good. The service is normally good, though when it is busy the service sometimes slips a bit. The wine list is good with some acceptably priced wines by the bottle. The wines by the glass are a better deal than they appear as they usually poor generously. The restaurant's wall that faces the marina is all glass, ask for a window table so that you can see the boats in the marina. The downside of the window tables it that if the restaurant is busy, the noise reflected off the wall of glass can rather drown out the conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fred kregerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We have been coming here to celebrate special occasions. Mary at the bar is one of the main reasons. Always makes us feel special and we really appreciate her level of service.Special Features:
- Outsanding staffBowerAudriDined on 7/17/2014Very personal , great staff, asked for steak that wasn't on the menus but it was catered. That a WOW. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in noisy environmentHagr64Dined on 7/17/2014The food and the service was truly excellent A bit more noise dampening and opening up the window side with floor to ceiling glass would up the place from good to great. Dont miss their line caught Swordfish. Its perfect. So kitchen is excellent, service is nice and good, environment also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014The staff here is delightful! Very friendly, feels like a "local hangout". We came for a birthday dinner. They sat us at a table with an amazing view of the harbor. There was even a custom printed menu that said "happy birthday". The meal was delicious, we loved everything, especially the key lime pie dessert. The final nice touch was the gift box of cookies the valet placed in our car. I was thrilled with this restaurant! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatPaladinDined on 7/14/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, we noticed a sulfer-like odor as soon as we entered and it remained during our meal. We mentioned it to the server but nothing was done about it as far as we knew. We would have left the restaurant but we did not have time to go elsewhere. The ambiance is only fair and the place seemed dated. The food was acutally very good but the portions were very small. Specifically, the beet salad and tomato soup were excellent. However, given the overall experience, I would not return to this restaurant.
- Love this placePattieVIPDined on 7/13/2014It's always a pleasure to dine here. The staff listens to our needs, not only in making the reservation, but in the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.