Cafe de Ville - Sherwood Park
25 Sioux Rd
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4C7Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Cafe de Ville - Sherwood Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedeville.com/
- Phone: 7804494765x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Executive Chef: Paul Campbell C.C.C.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We can cater small events. Please contact Chef Paul Campbell with any questions or for details.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Campbell 7804494765x
- Special Events: The dining room can be rented out for special events. Please contact Chef Paul Campbell with any questions or for details.Chef Campbell also hosts cooking classes on Sundays or Mondays. Please contact him for more details. email@example.com
A word from Cafe de Ville - Sherwood Park
Cafe de Ville - In the Park is a casual fine dining restaurant located in the town of Sherwood Park. Open for lunch Tuesday to Friday and dinner Tuesday to Saturday. Cafe de Ville offers a wide range of international cuisine made to order with the emphasis on ingredients from our local suppliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe de Ville - Sherwood Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great little spotThe7dinersDined on 2/28/2014We loved Cafe de Ville in sherwood park. Great food, great service. One thing about the meat...if you don't want it med rare, you need to tell them how you want it cooked. It's really too bad that they are closing down :( They are keeping the one in downtown edmonton open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Dinner4twoDined on 2/28/2014Great food with interesting flavours. Every plate is presented beautifully and was every bit as good as it looked. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantFynnyDined on 2/28/2014The Cafe de Ville Sherwood Park location is our favorite restaurants in the Edmonton area. We've come to this location many times since it opened for the always great food and service. We are so sad to see this location close. We'll still go to the downtown location, but probably not as often since it's farther away for us. Thanks again for the great food and we'll miss this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch!Lunch2Dined on 2/28/2014Food and Service were great. Both had pasta dishes and portions were significant. Both took home leftovers. Was a very cold day and there was a draft when the doors opened, but they had a gas fireplace at the front that helped. Would definately go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2014Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly from my grilled scallops with pomegranate sauce to the filet. Always enjoy having spaetzle as an option for the starch! Wonderful creme brulee and other good choices for dessert. Can't miss the far too tasty little puff pastry rolls offered instead of bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good we bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was very good we both had a chicken dish with an apetizer, two drinks each and shared a desert , a little pricey at 150.00 incluging tip but will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boiled broccollini?HungryHorstDined on 2/14/20147:30 reservation on Valentine's Day... My dinner date arrived a few minutes before I did and was seated at our small table for two next to another small table for two with a free-standing divider in between. Napkins and dinnerware are first rate but the rest of the decor is hampered by the confined space this restaurant occupies in the strip mall where it is located. I can imagine that the reputation of Cafe de Ville at the Glenora location in Edmonton might be affected by this location in Sherwood Park. Comparing menu choice, presentation and ambience, I would have to recommend Joey Tomatoes in the same area of Sherwood Park... Cafe's average food/wine prices are about double that of Joey's
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The food here is amazing! I have never had a bad dish here and the staff are so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day saviorTrevorDined on 2/14/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere were added to by phenomenal service. I was even accommodated when I requested to drop off flowers for the table prior to our reservation. 10/10 for sure. Thank you Cafe de VilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and closeNewbieDined on 2/14/2014This was a great restaurant. Loved the small intimate setting and that it is so close to him for us. Didn't have to leave sherwood park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland prawnsDmoneyDined on 2/13/2014The pasta dish we had was good . However, the tiger prawn curry dish was not good at all. Bland, not spicy, dull , did not have the usual great taste of curry - no zip to it . Over priced as well . Not good value . Too many other great restaurants around that have super tasty food at a better price .
- 180 with tip, bottle of wine,OmegatroxDined on 2/11/2014180 with tip, bottle of wine, main courses, dessert, and two appies for two people. Greatly enjoyed it, and we will be going back. I was stuffed, and my taste buds were in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014My husband and I are regulars at Cafe de Ville.everything is always excellent. He had the lamb shank and I had the duck. Delicious and will definitely keep recommending them. They are at the top of our list of choices for great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy birthday dinnerJillDined on 2/7/2014We split the large spinach salad--and there was more than enough for two. Terrific salad-- with candied figs, macadamia nuts and other goodies. I had the stuffed chicken and loved it. My husband had a pasta dish-- also terrific. Service was friendly without being obtrusive. This was our 2nd dinner at Cafe de Ville -- both were excellent, and we'll make a it regular haunt.Special Features:
- Sherwood Park top 3TaniaTDined on 2/5/2014We would consider it number 1 in our top 3 places to eat in Sherwood Park.The atmosphere could use some work but the food is good. The only issues we had were our daughter ordered the demi-glaze on the size of her steak and it was served on top. They did fix it by scraping it off but the glaze was still on the plate and there for she didn't eat all her food. Secondly they brought the desserts over to show us and we picked two to share.We were disappointed when the cheesecake that was shown to us had a mountain of whipped cream & chocolate on top and ours had none.That said Sherwood Park doesn't have a lot of great places to eat so we will continue to come back here since over all the food is good, the place is clean and the service is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sherwood Park GemLadydiDined on 1/24/2014This restaurant has a unique European feel with a terrific menu and wine list. It is fine dining with a warm and friendly atmosphere. From the moment you step inside you are made to feel welcome and special. I simply love the Baked Brie, but since it was dinner I opted for an alfredo seafood pasta dish which was very tasty and full of flavour. From my first visit to this restaurant when it initially opened in Sherwood Park, after having visited the 124th street location many times, I have always had a great experience. It does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but overcrowded feeling...BaronagrinDined on 1/18/2014We have been to Cafe de Ville a few times in Sherwood Park. I find the food very good but the atmosphere feels crowded to me. The service last meal was just so so, in all fairness though he seemed really busy. I probably will not be back as I do not enjoy eating dinner elbow to elbow with strangers. Also most people dress up a bit but there seems to always be a table of hicks with ball caps on. Come on Sherwood Park can't we class it up just a little for one meal, or as a restaurant can we not screen the clients a little bit?Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, great service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2014Our family of 4 went there last week. The food and service were great. Good for a special occasion or romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Sherwood ParkTinaDined on 1/4/2014All four of us had a lovely meal in a small cozy atmosphere. The service was great and the drinks list was comprehensive. We shut the place down and they weren't chasing us out in the least. It's great to have a higher end restaurant in a town filled with only chain restaurants to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavDater69Dined on 1/2/2014My wife and I try once in awhile to try something new. This was the first time here for us. Service was excellent and the food top notch. We will be back there for sure...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2014My party of four was the first to arrive and the last to leave the restaurant. The food was great, the ambiance friendly, and the staff professional and accommodating . It is great to see works of art by local artists hung on the walls. Cafe de Ville is my favorite restaurant in Sherwood Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We loved the food and the service. The quality and price of the food does not equal the ambiance of the restaurant. The restaurant is very cheaply decorated. When the restaurant is full, it is very noisy. Too many tables for the size of the room.
- Sherwood parks finest resturaunt!jtroDined on 12/31/2013I first went to Cafe deville [ when walking up to it I Just thought it was a cafe lol ! ] for lunch with friends from work and what a great meal from start to finish and their cheese cake is the best! I took my wife for new years dinner and what another great expierience and the sevice was very good both times aswell which can a lot of times make it or break it for a resturaunt. my wife had the filet [beef] and I had duck for the first time and both of our dishes were amazing to say the least ! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it lol! If you live in sherwood park you gotta eat here!Special Features:
- Staff were very accommodating,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2013Staff were very accommodating, Service was excellent and meals were well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely will go agianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013Hubby had the fillet and I had the duck. Both were superb. The service was attentive and the server was very knowledgeable about the wine list and menu.Special Features:
- Was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Was a little disappointed in food as came highly recommended. My pasta noodles were stiff and sauce very bland. My friend paid 36.00 for special and was over priced for what she got. Service great and ambience lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great winehappyDined on 12/6/2013Great wine; great service. Reccomendations from wait staff fantastic.Special Features:
- Date night out with my husband!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013With two little kids - rarely do we have the opportunity to spend quality time together - just the two of us. We chose to go to Cafe de Ville for my husbands birthday - and the experience was great. The food rivals any other top restaurant in Sherwood Park and the service was exemplary. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Hidden GemLove2EatDined on 12/3/2013I found this restaurant through word of mouth. Although I live in Sherwood Park, I had not noticed it before. I found the food to be top notch and the portions were very generous. Our server was extremely accommodating and friendly. I will definitely return to this restaurant to celebrate another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Husbands BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2013I booked a reservation to surprise my Husband , we have tried to get in at different times but you where full . It was on Wednesday and it was very quite wish was fine . It was a very nice experience and we will defenitly be back . Our Server , Amy was Very professional and very Sweet , Great server ! Food was Excelent , Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013My wife had been working all saturday & as we live locally we could walk over so both of us could enjoy a drink & have a great evening out. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The food came out very hotluluDined on 11/16/2013The food came out very hot and was very tasty. The servers/staff were down to earth and comfortable to be around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating with QualityViolinoDined on 11/1/2013I have attended this restaurant previously as a couple or small group. Recently dined as a larger group of 9. We had a limited time window which they easily accommodated with no compromise of service or quality of food. The menu is not extensive, but they offer options for most diners' tastes - all with a bit of a twist. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion for couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe de Ville ExperienceHappyDined on 10/31/2013We have dined at both locations over the years and always come away satisfied with the food, service and ambiance. We highly recommend either location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013This was a great place. the feeling from the restaurant was warm and inviting. the food was very tasty and well presented. price is middle range. i would recommend this restaurant to others. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCpalsDined on 10/25/2013The duck was out standing and the beef Wellington was cooked to perfection. Creme brûlée was very good and the molten cake was tasty. Wine was pair nicely with both meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going more frequentlyRegularDined on 10/19/2013So nice to have a place to go where the service is consistently great and friendly and the food does not disappoint. Have been here several times but it is now our "go to" place rather than trying somewhere else. Only complaint, when no vegies are ordered, please ensure they aren 't on the plate, the red cabbage took away from an otherwise delicious meal!Special Features:
- A reliable favorite!toonie21Dined on 10/18/2013I have eaten lunch here several times now and can honestly say the food and service is consistently outstanding. This is a hidden gem in Sherwood Park that is a welcome relief from all of the chain and fast food venues. I introduced a friend to the restaurant this time and she too was impressed. The sheperds pie is a delight to the palette, I have tried many items on the menu and they are equally as delicious. I ate in one of Jamie Olivers restaurants this past summer while on a trip to London UK. The quality of food and service at Cafe Deville surpasses what I experienced in one of Oliver's overrated restaurants. I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencenigelDined on 10/16/2013We went there for our wedding anniversary supper on a Wednesday night. We like to try most of the top rated restaurants in the city at least once. The wife is sort of a chef Ramsey nut, and we have watched all of his shows. Because of that we have learned to appreciate and enjoy the way fine dining food is prepared and displayed. At cafe deville we had one of the absolute best dining experiences ever. Atmosphere and ambiance was romantic, service was good even when unfamiliar with the wines on the wine list. The food was simply amazing..... I would recommend this place to anyone. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creamiest carrot ginger soup _ever_BeeWomanDined on 10/4/2013Like sipping a yummy cloud - this place never disappoints. Good quiche, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.