Cafe de Ville - Edmonton
10137 124 Street
Edmonton, AB T5N 1P5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Cafe de Ville - Edmonton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafedeville.com/
- Phone: 7804889188x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Tracy Zizek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Chef Paul Campbell offers cooking classes on Sundays or Mondays from our Sherwood Park location. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Cross Street: 102 Street
- Public Transit: The closest bus stop is 124 Street and 102 Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Across the street to the north is the Mountain Equipment Co-op's large coin-operated parking lot. There is meter street parking out front on 124 Street Mon-Fri before 3pm; no street parking Mon-Fri 3-6pm; and free street parking after 6pm weekdays and all day Sun & stat. holidays.
A word from Cafe de Ville - Edmonton
Cafe de Ville is a casual fine dining restaurant located west of downtown on 124 Street. Open everyday for lunch and dinner, late night dining Friday and Saturday, and Sunday brunch. Cafe de Ville offers a wide range of international cuisine made to order with the emphasis on ingredients from our local suppliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe de Ville - Edmonton reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (11)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- atmospherepcocakeDined on 7/29/2014Very friendly atmosphere and a nice place to eat. Love that it is an old building, but it needs air conditioning for those warm days.
- A reliable spot for a patio lunchCarolDined on 7/28/2014The food here is consistently good. I eat gluten free so I appreciate that the options are there for me, including pasta and bread, although the plain white toast offered is certainly not representative of the options that are now available. The dessert offerings look great; unfortunately I never have room for dessert. My guests enjoyed the croissants that are served, and like that they have flowering teas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend dinner partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and service. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. We will return soon to try other offerings on the dinner menu.Special Features:
- lunch with a friendjudithVIPDined on 7/16/2014I come here often in the summer with a girlfriend and we enjoy the patioSpecial Features:
- BeautifulSammyDined on 7/11/2014Lived in Edmonton all my life. Heard of Cafe de Ville, had driven past it, but never eaten there. Went there for our twentieth anniversary dinner. I had flowers sent and they were on the table when we arrived. We were greeted and the anniversary was acknowledged. Our waiter made great wine suggestions and we had a great time there. The food was outstanding! (Except my cayenne infused chocolate mousse dessert - wasn't a fan!) Thanks for making our special occasion even more special! (On a side note, we are a lesbian couple and they never even batted an eye at that fact and were treated and congratulated like any other couple celebrating an anniversary! So thank you for that too)Special Features:
- Decent foodReviewManVIPDined on 7/4/2014I did the stuffed chicken special, beef soup, and white chocolate macadamia nut cake. They were all pretty good. Nothing was outstanding but nothing was really bad. The beef soup appetizer was standard. The stuffed chicken was excellent and the cake was slightly bland and a little too sweet. The coffee was above average. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on the patiotheporkgirlVIPDined on 6/22/2014My friend and I enjoyed a lovely brunch on the patio on Sunday. The food was excellent and our server was lovely; on a hot sunny day the patio at Cafe de Ville is great place to enjoy a quality Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful gemMaryTheRedDined on 6/20/2014I have always been a big Cafe de Ville fan because the food is always delicious and the service is exceptional. The ambience is lovely and welcoming. I went with a group of friends and we had a fabulous night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best table in EdmontonUlanDined on 6/20/2014Excellent services and the food experience is divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe de Ville Dinner ReviewLovetodineoutDined on 6/18/2014Four of us dined for an anniversary celebration. The food was very tasty and everyone enjoyed what they had. The pasta portion and dinner size salad were a good size. The de ville starter salad was very fresh with a nice light vinaigrette which didn't overpower the salad. The chicken kashmir was delicious but a smaller portion than we remembered from before. Thought they were medallions and it was a bigger portion on previous visits. There was very little rice included - about 2+ tablespoons only. Rice is inexpensive so they certainly could have added more. A few more veggies would have added to the meal as well. Carrots were a little too al dente. The restaurant was quiet so we could all talk which was fantastic. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent spot!JoeDDined on 6/10/2014This restaurant is one of the best in Edmonton. Food is consistently excellent and prices are reasonable. It has a romantic atmosphere at dinner time and the outdoor patio is perfect. This is a place I return to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious food!TiggerDined on 6/6/2014Went for a business lunch. Have been to Cafe de Ville before but it had been a while. The food was soooo good. The croissant type bread to start was fresh and tasty. My client had the Fruit de Mar pasta and i had the vegetarian lasagna. Both were fabulous! Had the peanut butter cheesecake for dessert. Melted in your mouth! Big piece can feed two!Special Features:
- luvrealfoodDined on 6/4/2014Lunch on the Patio to celebrate a friends Birthday! Waiter was friendly, service was very good & the food was tasty from soup choices, crab & lobster cakes & desserts!Special Features:
- Terrific - As Always!KittyhawkDined on 6/2/2014This little gem is quickly becoming a favourite. I've been here with friends, my husband and, most recently, with my daughter. On June 2 my daughter & I came for lunch and were seated at the outdoor patio. The service was great - from the maitre d' who seated us to the young man who served us and answered all our questions in a friendly, knowledgeable manner. We both had the quiche with borscht soup and coffee. The quiche was divine & the borscht delicious. The coffee was good too (I had de-caff, which can be either really good or really awful). Overall, another great experience at Cafe de Ville!Special Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Cafe de Ville - Edmonton reviews archive.
- A favoriteKChanDined on 6/1/2014Love going for a casual dinner or a Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner gembrynachDined on 5/18/2014A great little restaurant that caters well to those who love food. The ambiance was great and the food fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The food was great, the steak was cooked to perfection. I have been to many restaurants, the service was impeccable :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a spotdineallthetimeDined on 5/17/2014Impeccable service. Fantastic feature item on Saturday night (fillet mignon extraordinaire). The food was prepared perfectly and every course was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodFellowFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Cafe de Ville a few times over the last few years and it never fails to impress. The food is always excellent and interesting. My waffle topped with poached egg, spinach and caramelized onions with just a light dressing of hollandaise sauce was outstanding with a fine balance between the sweet of the waffle and salt of the egg and spinach. For the Mohters' Day brunch the pre-meal serving of fresh baked pastry is a tantalizing fore-taste of what is to come. Of especial note for Cafe de Ville is that although it was busy (but not too busy) the noise level was reasonable. I hate it when good restaurants are too noisy that you cannot hear your fellow foodies discuss what is on the plate. The ambience is excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely Night OutoldbutfunDined on 5/9/2014A perfect beginning to an evening at the Ballet. Fabulous food and nice ambiance as usual. Always an exceptional experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We started with the de Ville salad which was refreshing with a tasty vinegarette dressing. Our main course was a wonderful filet with an outstanding sauce. Our waiter was very good too! Love this place and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Cafe de Ville is an InstitutionlynzieDined on 4/27/2014I can't imagine attending the Baroque concerts on Sunday afternoons without going for dinner afterwards at Cafe de Ville. I'm quite adventurous when it comes to food - vegetarian that is - but at Cafe de Ville I almost always order the Polenta Souffle. Why? Because it is consistently excellent. My dining companions order a variety of meals and are always pleased with their choice.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration!bdeatsDined on 4/26/2014Everyone in our party of six raved about their meals. We were on a bit on a time constraint and the staff made sure we were taken care of in our alloted time. Kudos to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014One of our favourite restaurants for lunch - small and initmate. The service is always great and we are never rushed. Food is delicious and well presented - not cheap but reasonable. Good wine selection and great deserts.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014I have come to this restaurant many times and always enjoyed it, but was disappointed on Tuesday night. I ordered the Bengal pasta. It came heaped in a bowl and a brownishish colour with not even a sprig of parsley or something to make for a beautiful presentation. It was uninspiring and visually unappetizing. The kitchen needs to step it up.Special Features:
- Friday EveningTheAlchemistDined on 4/19/2014It was my first time dining at Cafe De Ville. It was a great experience from my reservation to the lovely evening spent with a special lady. It's like a hidden gem. No complaint's at all. I will certainly be back for sure. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially if your looking for a quiet romantic place to take that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De Ville DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Went here for a family dinner to celebrate my 25th birthday. It was fantastic! The food was amazing, server was awesome, everything was just great. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite spot in the citydevilleDined on 4/13/2014My favorite spot in the city - always consistent and never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe sets the mood for Paris...PassepartoutDined on 4/12/2014The salmon with mango salsa was prepared perfectly - salmon moist and flaky - (of course their bread basket is always a special treat!) - I hate rice so had asked that the accompanying rice be replaced with spaetzle - the staff were most willing and my friend and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at our window table while we planned our upcoming trip to Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my Mom for a birthday lunch.hmayeDined on 4/11/2014I took my Mom for lunch as a birthday treat and everything was great. We enjoyed a couple glasses of wine, a cocktail, some coffee and espresso. We share some Mussels, which were absolutely amazing. She had the Salmon and I had the Pescatore. I found the Pescatore to be quite heavy and salty with the sauce, but it was delicious all the same. I would definitely like to come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 4/6/2014The food and service were excellent. The only minor issue I had was with the location of the table we were at. The restaurant is a little cramped and my elderly Mother's chair was bumped every time a server went passed her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho humOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014We have been going to Cafe de Ville for a long time. We have enjoyed it so when my husbands birthday was on the weekend, we decided to go there. I ordered the Kashmir chicken which I haven't had in a long time and it was something I could make at home. Panko breaded chicken breast with a broccolli stick and some plain rice with a dollop of chutney. Ho hum. My daughter had a pizza that was nice but they gave her olives which we neither wanted or asked for. Picked them off. They do need to breathe some life into the place, change up the menu a bit. I do love the location and the atmosphere, just ho hum.
- Great restaurantNicemealDined on 4/4/2014Great atmosphere, amazing food every time and really good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fantastic in1stTimerDined on 4/4/2014Everything was fantastic in the moment and the service was great and they were especially good with my 2 year old nephew. In the middle of the night, however, I was woken by feelings of nausea. I had the stuffed chicken and I wonder if something wasn't quite food safe with it. Thanks for asking for feedback or else I wouldn't have let the restaurant know. This shows that they are a step above, in terms of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe de Ville Excellent Bruncheats2muchDined on 3/23/2014Had the special, waffle topped with chorizo, poached eggs, chipotle, delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunch- sort ofCatBDined on 3/22/2014We booked a table for 1130 thinking that we could choose some brunch type menu items. Didn't realize that the "brunch" menu is only available on Sundays. We were a bit disappointed by that but we had the quiche (the only egg option on Saturday) which was really good, with soup. Our favorite appetizer with the smoked salmon, chutney and various breads is no longer on the menu. Decor is lovely, service is great. Menu has some unusual combinations but everything is very good.Special Features:
- BrunchKathDined on 3/16/2014I normally like Cafe de Ville very much, and I chose this restaurant for my birthday brunch with my family, we had brunch this past Sunday and I ordered the bacon and eggs- firstly they wouldn't scramble my eggs, only poached- it takes 2 minutes to scramble eggs- and the bacon was super salty- I love bacon, but good, thick cut bacon should not be so salty- and my family would attest to me loving savoury salty food but this bacon was almost inedible-no nice smoky flavor, just salt- I expect more from Cafe de Ville, especially for $15, for just bacon and eggs. The desert was great as was the little basket of pastries they initially bring out- our server was also great. Thanks, KatherynSpecial Features:
- ServiceGwammyDined on 3/9/2014The food was good. The basket of pastries were a little dry. The service was extremely disappointing! The server was too busy talking with staff instead of paying better attention to his table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall we were very impressedDDZZMonsterDined on 3/8/2014Overall we were very impressed with everything at this establishment. The only negative comment is that the server was very pushy at the end of our meal to get us out of there. There was no one waiting at the door for a table, as there were many empty tables.Special Features:
- We took our daughter for ourDanFDined on 3/8/2014We took our daughter for our 18th birtday to Cafe De Ville. The food was outstanding (my wife and I had a chicken on cornbread special that was fantastic), the wine was very nice and the dessert was very tasty, and our waiter was very friendly. So I can't really say antyhing bad about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.