Café de la Paix
44 rue des Jardins
Quebec City, QC G1R 4L7Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Café de la Paix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafedelapaix.ca/Accueil___Cafe_de_la_Paix/Bienvenue___Welcome.html
- Phone: 4186921430
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe de la Paix has private dining rooms that can accommodate groups of 10 to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Olivier Fournier 4186921430
A word from Café de la Paix
Near Chateau Frontenac, Cafe de la Paix offers one of the best places for fine dining. Whether for a romantic or a business dinner, Cafe de la Paix offers a friendly atmosphere to enjoy our French food cooking, game or seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café de la Paix reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wow what a changeglichteDined on 10/12/2013I first ate here in 1983 on our hooneymoon. It was delightful. I have always returned whenever I am in QC and it was very good. The last vist was a few years ago and the quality had certainly slipped. This visit was a testament to the full decline. In defense the wine was good and the endive salad was excellent. Whatever it was that was served as veal medallions were slapped on a cold plate with some greasy grey sauce that was studded with chopped garlic from a jar. It smelled like bad chinese take-out. The grilled carrot on my plate was good-the rest of the vegetables were overcooked and cold. My wife had the "John Dory" which was way over cooked and over sauced haddock or cusk. Just awful and inedible. I will never go back.
- A ClassicTintin62Dined on 9/21/2013After 60 years in Quebec city; this well reputed restaurant still compete the best new ones with dignity. Not sure that the new best rated will last that long. Excellent menu and wine list with a personalized service. Food was excellent . . . a wonderful journey !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerbookaDined on 9/7/2013Duck Rillette meat tasted old. Salad ws well dressed but wilted and warm. Citrus cod was flavorless Poor value at their prices
- CharmingBob0117VIPDined on 8/13/2013Very nice, cozy little place. Good service and food. Quite pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.JohnVIPDined on 8/9/2013We had been there many years before and had found it to be good, but on our most recent visit, it was outstanding! The food, service, and ambiance were all superb! The clincher was when we ordered crepes suzette for dessert and our server prepared them table side. We wondered why he took a few extra minutes to reduce the ingredients and then realized that he was caramelizing the sugar---the end product was MAGNIFICENT! We on't get to Quebec City very often, but if we ever go back, I would want to have the same experience again. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can go back again.JudyrDined on 7/26/2013We had visited this restaurant in Old Quebec in 1971 with our 3 small children-At that time we commented that it was delicious and very reasonable-would you believe $24 for a family of 5. We decided to revisit the restaurant on this return trip and while the prices certainly were different, we had a most enjoyable dinner. We had told our airport limo driver of our plans and he said-it's not the same as in 1971 but we were not dissuaded. We had a first class meal and the price was no more than we would have paid for a restaurant of similar quality at home-about $45 per person before tax and tipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, well localed restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013At 5 minutes from the Chateau Frontenac, this is a sympatic small resto with a good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The space was very cosy andMaritimeAnneVIPDined on 2/15/2013The space was very cosy and what we expexcted. the food was good but not brilliant or memorable. The service, while friendly was desparately slow- It took about 15 minutes before we got our drinks, and then the intervals were very long between each course. We waitind 20 minutes for dessert menus and another 15 min before someone came to ask for the dessert order- we decided to leave at that point as we were afraid we would be waiting till midnight! It then trook another 15 min for the bill and to pay. The family and the couple around us came after us, and left well before us. Would not come again.
- Désolée - mais je ne recommande pasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012c'était le 31 décembre. Nous avons été placé au 2ième etage. Le service était totalement déficient. Personnel non courtoie - nous avons été bousculé pour prendre la commande alors que l'appero. n'était pas encore arrivé. J'ai commandé des scampis à l'ail. J'ai reçu des scampi à la bisque. Au lieu de s'excuser et d'aller en chercher à l'ail - on me dit que c'est normal et on m'a amené à part un plat de beurre à l'ail - ce qui a pris 10 minutes. Les scampis n'étaient tout simplement pas mangeables. En plus d'être froids suite à l'attente du beurre à l'ail ils n'étaient tout simplement pas cuits. J'ai dû retourner l'assiette pour qu'ils poursuivent la cuisson. Aucune excuse de la part du serveur!Conclusion : Non recommandable
- The Bison was better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012The Bison was better than anywhere I have ever had it. Great neighborhood gem.Special Features: