Cafe Colore - Denver
1512 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Colore - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafecoloredenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 534-6844
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Colore - Denver
Café Colore offers welcome refuge from the busy pace of downtown Denver. Located in Lodo’s Writer Square, this neighborhood provides a perfect backdrop for casual fine dining in a Euro-style café with indoor and outdoor seating. You'll find an eclectic mix of customers - all drawn by the uptown food offered at easy-on-the-pocketbook prices. Better yet, the sidewalk seating faces both 15th and Larimer Streets, providing the best people-watching in downtown Denver. Everything served here is prepared to order, starting with doughs, sauces and dressings that are made from scratch daily. Furthermore, most pastas and all pizzas can be ordered gluten-free, so feel comfortable about bringing friends, coworkers or family members of every dietary need. Then prepare to be dazzled by the menu of marvelous pastas, pizzas, calzones, soups, salads, Italian entrees and desserts. Cafe Colore has won many accolades "Best Pesto Pizza", "Best Sit Down Pizzeria" and "Best Alfresco Dining" to name a few.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cafe Colore - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Cafe Colore - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (10)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- unassuming and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014We were initially a little underwhelmed by the decor and ambience, but ended up enjoying the quiet room. We were actually able to have a conversation at a table for 5 where everyone could participate and be heard. Our waitress was pleasant and ready with suggestions when asked, and our food was wonderful - perfect portions, reasonably priced and really delicious. I found this to be an unassuming place that offers good service and great food. I will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed an evening with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014I went to Cafe Colore with a group of 9 after a conference one evening. We were seated very quickly and the staff took great care of us. The food and wine was all great. I had the eggplant parm and it was one of the better versions I've had. They didn't hesitate to split the bill for us, even though there were 9 of us all asking to split the bottles of wine different ways. A very friendly atmosphere and I never felt like I was inconveniencing the wait staff even though we were a bit high maintenance. I wish I were in Denver more often and would definitely return. It would be a great spot for any gathering, but it seemed like it would be especially good for a couple looking for a quiet evening together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent supperMcGillicuddyDined on 11/15/2014Very good food. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXI would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/12/2014Really great roasted tomato soup and the pizza was very good - thin crust, perfectly chewy and flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealSiforCColoreDined on 11/6/2014Our group of eight dined before going to a play on a Thursday night. They filled up quickly and needed more service people. The food was great and we would definitely eat there again but would hope that they were better staffed. We had several appetizers that were great, especially the burrata and the meatballs. The beet salad was divine. Several people ordered the eggplant and loved it. The pizzas were also a hit.Special Features:
- Delicious & surprisingly affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014My boyfriend and I recently visited Café Colore in Denver on our anniversary and had a marvelous experience. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu; even offered helpful dinner-to-wine-pairing suggestions. The different courses came out perfectly spaced apart. As our main entrée, we ordered the 'Create Your Own' pizza and had it made with the white sauce, adding prosciutto and spinach. IT WAS SO GOOD!! The dinner was not only delicious but very affordable. We will be returning in the future for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnsmurrowDined on 10/31/2014Met a friend here for dinner before a play at DCPA. We informed the waiter that we were in a time crunch, and he ensured that our entrees were out promptly and we even had time to spare. Great menu; plenty of pasta dishes and pizza also if you're in the mood for something more casual. The restaurant is small so make reservations; they had a nice outdoor dining area that would be great in the summer or warmer fall nights and it is located in Writers' Square so would make for good people-watching.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprisegood2BglutenfreeDined on 8/9/2014I chose the restaurant because my friend in gluten-free. She was very happy with her meal (risotto) and the salad (after the wait person brought out more dressing). My squash ravioli was excellent; not too sweet like sometimes that dish can be. Wait person was very good; attentive without being over-bearing. This was my first time at Cafe Colore, but it will not be my last.Special Features:
- Great experienceBugsyDined on 8/9/2014What a great find. Food was fantastic, service was friendly and very competent. The one issue we had was taken care of promptly. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingprice2513Dined on 8/1/2014The food was great and the service was as well.The waiter and waitress had great knowledge of the food-wine. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service with great foodmsackDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated a new employee here with a big group lunch. The waitress was attentive and on top of everything. A couple of us had special order requirements and she handled it all wonderfully...and oh the food, the food is always so yummy. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Cafe Colore - Denver reviews archive.
- Fresh and authentic pizzaFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014My friend and I shared a prosciutto pizza and it was terrific. Everything was fresh - reminded me of pizza I ate when visiting Italy. Our server (Kyle maybe?) was excellent. He was very patient with our many questions. We ate outside and it was lovely. This is a treasure that will not kill the wallet. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a real find in the city where there are a lot of restaurants in a small geographic area. We read the Open Table reviews and they were very accurate. This is a casual and fun restaurant in a location off Larimer Square. We found the food to be excellent and the staff and service wonderful! The owner was present and made us feel right at home. The Caesar Salad starter was great and the eggplant and the seafood pasta was wonderful. Don't miss this great find!Special Features:
- Great for date night!BettyBoopDined on 7/1/2014My boyfriend and I went for a much needed date night and had never been before. It was great! Food was absolutely delicious. I had the scallop entree with risotto, which I thought would be painfully rich but was very well balanced and my boyfriend had the lasagna and thought it was some of the best he's ever had. We went on a weekday, so it wasn't to crazy downtown and the perfect ambiance for a romantic date or intimate setting for good friends and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good. Always consistentFoodppeople1Dined on 6/27/2014We were introduced to Cafe Colore by some friends who live downtown and dine frequently there. Since our first venture with them we have made this a favorite spot whenever we are downtown for the theater or other reasons. The food is great. The staff are really efficient and friendly even to the pont of sharing some of their Grandmother's recipes with us. It's a nice experience. You should try itSpecial Features:
- Cafe Colore gets better and better!BillDined on 6/19/2014On a quiet weekday evening, perfect weather for outdoor dining on lively Writers Square. Beet salad and scallops entree were excellent, as was the wine and service. A most pleasant experience - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great NightLindos1Dined on 5/30/2014We went here as it was close to Comedy Works...I changed my reservation twice and they were great about it. We had a group of 8 and the prices were perfect and the food was amazing. The staff was excellent and it made for a really enjoyable night. We even got to surprise a friend for his late birthday and I think the manager or owner even stopped by the table twice.Special Features:
- Hidden GemHiddenGemDined on 5/30/2014The location and ambiance are nice, but the food keeps me coming back. Better than large chain restaurant cuisine - I much prefer Cafe Colore to Cheesecake Factory or Maggiano's. A great place to take a date.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014Our first impression of this place was a little disappointing - looked a bit scruffy, and no ambience. But once we sat down, the service was superb - a really friendly waitress made us feel very welcome. And the food - totally exceeded our expectations! I had the Linguini fradiavola - huge, perfectly cooked scallops and a tangy tomato sauce. Also there were tiny crisp hot peppers - I loved it! The beet arugala salad was also delicious - creamy blue cheese dressing and loads of beets. We would say don't judge this book by its cover but by the delicious (and reasonably priced!) food. We'd come again...Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2014We had an excellent dinner with 9 guests. The service was excellent, food was perfect and the atmosphere was lovely.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodgdfd14Dined on 5/16/2014This restaurant pleasantly surprised me with how great the food was. I am gluten/dairy free and they had plenty of menu options. We were a group of 7 and the service was outstanding. The server knew the menu and had great suggestions. I would definitely eat here again. They had a nice patio with a good view and inside the restaurant was nicely intimate.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant new restaurantDiningDebbieDined on 5/13/2014This was our first time to Cafe Calore before attending the DCPA. We got a front window table, great for people watching. The staff was terrific--friendly and attentive. For a casual little restaurant, the scallop with risotto and scallop/shrimp pasta were outstanding. We will definitely go there again and appreciate the partnership with the DCPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Gluten-Free Menu choices!GlutenFreeConnoisseurDined on 5/11/2014Probably some of the best Italian Gluten-Free dining I have experienced, and I try a lot of GF food!Special Features:
- Great Pizza!cocoDined on 5/9/2014The brushetta was uninspired. The bread was charred so that burnt flavor was overwhelming. The pizza with the prosciutto and pears was excellent as was the chocolate mousse pie. The interior is very small and we were seated by the door on a chilly night. The door was left open so we all had to eat with our coats on. Not really complaining about that since the windows are very pretty and the company was good. The wait staff is super attentive and very professional. Would definitely go again to try the calzone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Able to host a large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a fairly large party of 8 and were able to easily get a reservation on short notice. That was the best part! The food was average, not very well seasoned and over priced for the quality.
- Good food and serviceBerkeleyfoodidVIPDined on 4/29/2014Went here fo a business lunch while in Denver at the convention center. Excellent salads, nice ambiance and a very pleasant server.Special Features:
- Nice Italian restaurant downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014I made reservations for my cousin's birthday, and it was a very nice time. The atmosphere was mellow, and quiet enough for conversations. The food was good, and everyone enjoyed their meals. They had enough room for a party of 15 on a Saturday night! Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunch with my girlsSandyMDined on 4/26/2014My daughters and granddaughter had a delightful lunch before heading to the theatre on Saturday. The weather was beautiful and we were able to sit outside. Food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDenEDined on 4/12/2014I don't come here often, but every time I leave I wonder why I'm not here every day. The staff is always helpful and professional, the food is good, the patio feels like Europe--and the prices are reasonable!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat in Downtown Denver and it did not disappoint. The food is superb and the service was as always, excellent. They also have the best Riesling we have ever tasted. A perfect spot for dinner before the theatre. And don't forget, the best bread pudding you will find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends and lunchEatsOutOnOccasionVIPDined on 3/24/2014Enjoyed the lunch, the sauce was smooth and silky. Great portion of salmon in the dish as well, didn't have to go hunting for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianporedocDined on 3/22/2014Cosy cafe energetic atmosphere wait staff were top notch and the food was to die for especially the marinara sauce. Best every tasted..bread was true Italian style...owner stopped to see how we liked everything. I would return if in Denver againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Have been there a few times and the food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great authentic Italian gem in LODOkdinerVIPDined on 3/16/2014We've been wanting to try Café Colore for awhile since hearing about them through 5280 magazine.Sauces and pastas are prepared onsite. The table seated directly behind us was full of 'regulars' - a good indication of what was to come. It is often easy at chain restaurants to find the usual classic Italian dishes most popular with people when they think of Italian food, but here, they have some unique Italian dishes inspired with creativity, using quality ingredients and prepared fresh to order. Our entire dining party was quite happy with our food and well satisfied. We like the thought of what they could offer for dessert based on the entrees we had! The staff's knowledge and friendly efficiency make up for the lack of an intimate ambienceSpecial Features:
- Birthday diningEcraskDined on 3/14/2014I found this place through Denver restaurant week. It had great reviews so I thought I would try it for my birthday. Great food! Small restaurant right in Larimer square. I Everything would go in the summer to sit out on the patio. There service was great. It was perfect and I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team DinnerSueBDined on 3/14/2014Cafe Colore hosted our volleyball team dinner on a Friday evening. They were flexibile and accommodating for 14, then 17 and finally 20 diners. There was something on the menu for everyone - including veggie, and gluten free. Our waitress, Leah, was wonderful and provided excellent service. Even though we had a very large group, food came out of the kitchen quickly, and everyone was eating at the same time. Portions were large, and there was a good wine selection for the adults. The owner stopped by our table several times to check in on use, and came outside with us after we ate to take our group picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014The food was fantastic, the service was great, and the chef and owner were incredibly friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves Italian--lots of great things to choose from. We had so many amazing appetizers that we didn't even make it to the main course. The meatballs and burrata were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerOlegtVIPDined on 3/5/2014We had a reunion dinner for my current and former students. Cafe Colore is conveniently close to the Colorado convention center. They easily accommodated our large group (17 people). Great service, good food, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Restaurant on LarimerCastleRockFoodieDined on 2/28/2014We went to Cafe Colore during 5280 Restaurant Week and enjoyed our experience there! The dining room was a bit small and could be updated, but the superior quality food and service made it easy to overlook those minor shortcomings. Our meals were delicious and the portions were ample. The meatball appetizer could've been a meal unto itself. My wife enjoyed the shortrib entree, which was tender and flavorful. I had the pork belly ravioli...the cream sauce was so good I would not let our server take my plate until I sopped every bit up with the breadsticks. Service was impeccable and the owner/partner is very hands-on, stopping by our table several times to check on our party and refill our waters. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop before a show.MAKNebraskaDined on 2/28/2014Great service and very timely for a nice meal before a show. Food was very goodand dessert was excellent. Nice ambiance. Looking foward to returning.Special Features: