464 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafecircaatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 477-0008
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Wednesday 5:00p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 pm - 2:30 am
Sunday - 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Charles Wheatley and Chef Fred Rackston
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available upon request!
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday - Full Cover Band @ Midnight
- Special Events: Always Welcome!
A word from Cafe Circa
We welcome you to Café Circa, Downtown Atlanta’s chic and swanky place to SAVOR, INDULGE and BE. We offer you a casually sophisticated environment that uniquely merges classic style and modern elements with scrumptious signature menu items and a premium bar offering a list of specialty drinks, creative cocktails, and martinis for every taste. Come relax in our ultra lounge atmosphere where an eclectic menu with exotic international flavors awaits you. Café Circa prepares light, fresh and deliciously seasoned food with a Caribbean Latin twist to surely satisfy your palate – empanadas, an array of crisp hearty salads, sautéed and spicy seafood, and an assortment of delectable desserts just to name a few of the various appetizing selections. Listen to our live music, sip on a drink, enjoy a tasty bite to eat during lunchtime, after work, or late at night. We invite you to experience Café Circa… SAVOR. INDULGE. BE.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Circa reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not open!FrequentdineratlDined on 9/20/2014We went there and discovered via a sign on the door that the restaurant was closed until further notice.Special Features:
- it was closed for renovationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014I received my open table confirmation email, saying my reservation had been confirmed. When we got to the restaurant 1/2 hour later, we found that it was closed for renovations.
- Closed for renovationsFamfirstDined on 9/6/2014Cafe Circa had a small flyer on the window indicating that they were closed for renovations at this time. I don't think Open Table is aware of this. When we arrived to enjoy a nice evening out, we saw a small flyer on the window of Cafe Circa indicating they were closed for renovations. It would have been nice if they provided such an announcement on their website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couples night outingjdubDined on 8/23/2014I enjoyed myself and would definitely go back. Didn't like the patio for heel-wearers..... kept getting stuck. But overall I give a 7 for the experience and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time good placemajjDined on 8/16/2014My first time at cafe circa. I made reservations and got there on time. Our waitress told us to go towards the table and instead of sitting us she went to talk to some people already sitting and we stood waiting, this is so unprofessional. She also informed me that there is a two hours limit on the table. WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING WHY DID I MAKE RESERVATIONS? Our waiter was great came right away and kept checking on us until we were ready to leave. Food was great .Highly recommend to try their oxtails. Music was great and band was great. Loved the live band. The bad start playing so late St midnight.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceGoodEatsDined on 8/8/2014I had a reservation for 11pm. Needless to say, I wasn't seated until 11:45. After waiting 15 to take my drink order, the waitress asked my party to move to the bar because someone needed our table. We decided to dine elsewhere.Special Features:
- Cafe CircaReneeDined on 8/8/2014I went on a Friday night around 8 p.m.they weren't busy at all.. people didn't start arriving until maybe about 9.. but that could have been due to the weather..they seem to be pretty strict about their reservation policy so incredibly important to be on time. I had their oxtails with rice and peas and plantains. It was good, but not what I expected for the price. The amount of food on the plate was very small and the rice and peas were not rice and peas at all it was more like white rice with black eyed peas and some type of sauce although it was good. I had the Apple cucumber martini and that was really good! The crowd was probably late 20s-30 somethings. I'm not sure if I will go back just because how little food you get for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent entertainment!Christyj23Dined on 8/2/2014Watched Teddy White band and had an incredible time! Shena was the lead singer, and it was epic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 551 reviews are from the Cafe Circa reviews archive.
- Decentlooking2dateDined on 7/25/2014Not a bad place to take someone on a date. The drinks are very pricy, the food is decent but nothing spectactular.Special Features:
- Hip Fun SpotGreatfoodforfunDined on 7/19/2014Love the ox tails.....everything is good... Great for dates or a girls night out...cozy seating for 2 or for groups great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimerDined on 5/16/2014I would go back. Shrimp & grits were great; as well as the Peachtree Margarita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant closed/unable to rateJaneBarlow8Dined on 4/21/20142 times, I have made reservations for dinner: February 16, 2014 and April 21, 2014. Both times the restaurant were closed. I was so very disappointed, after driving almost 20 miles with my family and to my dismay- restaurant was closed. There should be a system for "Open Table" to know when restaurants are closed, so that reservations are not made.Special Features:
- review for cafe circaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014I used a groupon on a Friday evening with my boyfriend. we had reservations but it took at least 30 minutes for a server to come to our table. my boyfriend had to get up and inquire. The food was just ok and not worth the price we would have paid without the groupon. We were excited about the live entertainment but because they kept having technical difficulties we left shortly after they started.
- Whole Snapperusopen2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014I ordered the Whole Red Snapper head and all, WOW what a huge fish. The server said it weighed 5 pounds. Well is was great for PICTURE TAKING, but not very good. The batter was very thick and a little scorched , tasteless and the inside closer to the head was not a pretty sight nor a good taste. It came with white grits, tasteless. We had appetizers calamari, and chicken wings which were very good . I am not saying not to try the snapper just saying we did not enjoy it.Special Features:
- Cafe CircaPamzyDined on 3/29/2014This was a groupon visit. I found the food to be very tasty. Service is a bit sketchy though our waiter made up for it as best he could. Food courses were served out of order. Seems restaurants don't teach how to time courses. Our table had 8 plate on it when salad and entrees showed up at the same time. Food was good enough to overcome that. Staff walked around w no smiles. (Except our waiter who was entertaining and had great knowledge of the menu) Very urban and singles scene.Special Features:
- Great ManagercarmenyblDined on 3/22/2014We made reservations online and were seated within 10mins of arriving. I don't know if it was an off night but our wait staff never showed up to our table we requested one on 3 separate occasions I would up calling the manager via my phone and she came upstairs to the rooftop immediately and took extremely great care of us and also assigned a GREAT waitress to our party. It started out on a sour note but ended great. I would return again the music was great the food was enjoyable but the ambiance was perfect for the birthday get together we had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly suprisedRocknRyDined on 3/8/2014I heard good things about Cafe Circa but I was a little shocked when I read some of the reviews. I decided to take a chance and go ahead and try them out.. I was happy with my experience. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The crowd is energetic. The food is good. The service is professional and pleasant. The only drawback is that the live entertainment does not perform until midnight. We had dinner reservations around the dinner hour and had to leave before the band even started. Would have been more fun with the performance. Still, I would recommend it; just go late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Im a "regular"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I have frequented Circa for a number of years now at least 4. Every time is as great as the time before. A nice medium between casual and upscale. The food is delish yhe ambience is lovely and the sercice thus far has been impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant OpeningsJaneBarlow8Dined on 2/16/2014Reservations were made at Café Circa for Sunday Feb 16, 2014 for 5:00 PM. We arrived at the restaurant around 4:50 PM, the establishment was closed. We were very disappointed. Somehow, there should be some type of communication between Café Circa and OpenTable, not to accept reservations for a restaurant when closed. Unfortunately, I have to give a poor rating because unable to write a review without a rating...
- Food service was extraaa slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food service was extraaa slow but besides that nice place, good drinks, food.Also enjoyed the live band (Unknown Lyric)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy customerMarine1Dined on 2/14/2014One of the worst Valentines Day dinning experience my wife and I ever had. Atmosphere was great. Live music was good. But servers and staff was HORRIBLE. Dont ever go to eat. Warning....
- really good shrimp and gritsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014me and my husband went to this restaurant from Groupon and the food was delicious I want to the shopping trip he had the steak and wonderful they need more people great service enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst experience eversmokieDined on 2/1/2014im a foodie and have bee to many restaurants in atlanta, i mus and willsay tht this was the worst dining experience ever. we arrved on time for our reservation and was sat after a few minutes we had a party of 8 on our left and a party of 25 on our right, the large party had people coming in and out forcing us to move to alo them passage, the tables are very close to each other and there is no intimacy. the portionswere very small and the dishes were very costly we wentolely for the oxtails which is supposed to be thier signature ite well we order it and then the watress came back and told us tey were sold out at 9;30 pm on a saturday night, this was the end ofthe dining experience for us the restof the nght was a wash
- DisappointedDifferentexperiences14Dined on 1/31/2014After realizing nothing seemed the same inquiry if the establishment was under new management and was told it was unfortunately the new management apparently did not keep the same staff starting from the servers, bartenders, & cooks. Not the same spot at all.
- I'm a tough critic...MakeRoomDined on 1/24/2014We are from Charleston SC... (southern food mecca), so I am pretty critical of, well, almost every place I eat because I am surrounded by incredible restaurants. So, that being said, my star ratings might be a little harsh. We found Cafe Circa on Open Table searching for places to eat while on our weekend trip. Pro's: OMG the coco bread! And happy hour small plates are $5.00 (which we weren't expecting!!!. Con's: Not the best service I have ever had, though not the worst. Our gumbo came out cold, which they quickly took back to fix. NO names on the wine list (ex: Chardonnay, Moscato....Bummer for me, cause I love to nerd out on wine! Overall, cool little joint. On to one of the other bazillion places in ATL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only three items were availableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014Only three items were available on the menu. They ran out of food.
- AWFUL!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014The service was AWFUL! The only items available were chicken wings and fries! The restaurant was OUT of everything and was not apologetic about it at all! The service was not pleasant. The waitress seemed to be annoyed with our party. She admitted the restaurant was transitioning between owners. They should just shut the doors until everything is final because it is just a waste of time to dine there.
- Not consistantFoodiesDined on 1/10/2014We were in full force ready to celebrate a birthday. The waitress was not friendly, the menu was limited to 3 entrees, and wine was only being served by the glass this Friday night (that's a rip off being they are about $9 per glass).
- No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2013I would be very happy to recommend this place, but am unable to since upon being seated we waited for 30 minutes without further service before cutting our losses and leaving. The food looks like it would be good, ambiance was nice, and the hostesses were nice, but the lack of service and actually dining left us feeling that the place was wanting. Another couple seated at the bar were served immediately, so I can't say this is a common problem, but it was a problem in our experience.
- Romantic Neighborhood GemdivinedinerDined on 12/7/2013Modern airy ambience. Great food with an island flair. Very good service. Tasty and generous drinks. Cigar bar. A separate level for open air loft dining with a separate bar, and live music/dj. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know your specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013I went to this restaurant w a group of friends after looking up their specials, and I was really disappointed with the service. When we asked the waitress what drinks were included on the special, she turned the question right back around to us and asked what specials we knew about. We ended up having to get a manager to clarify exactly what the drink and appetizer specials were which really killed the mood. At the end, we did end up getting free drinks (for the 5-7 free well drink special) and paying half for our appetizers (not including the curry lamb pops). Overall, the food was pretty good and the vibe was nice. Only downside was the service. Take home: do your research about the specials prior to coming into the restaurant!
- Surprisingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2013We stumbled upon this restaurant/bar/lounge quite accidentally. Boy are we glad we did. Great food & music in a lively casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great spotlovingdatenightDined on 11/9/2013Took the wife there on a date and she loved it, live music, great food and great drinks. Its a must go visit!!!!!Special Features:
- Early evening outEarlyDined on 9/14/2013Have been to this place many times. Usually go when it opens like 5:30 PM to get parking on the side lot. There was no one at the door. So we sat at the bar until the person that was supposed to be at the door to greet us and take our reservation. Had several drinks prior to going upstairs. Did not get the happy hour special as the well brands were cheap. As we sat ourselves upstairs on the rooftop dining area we were greeted. We noticed a large sheet hanging up. The waitress said "were y'all told what's going on". "At 8 PM were are showing the fight which will cost $20 per person and you get two drinks" Wow a sheet. I really like this place but a sheet is very tacky. I am sure a screen does not cost much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2013The rooftop on Wed is very nice. The dj plays all the best old school. The food is ok. The drinks on special are ok. The service is mediocre at best. 1st visit the bar closed early. Not enough people buying drinks but it was only 7:30. Last visit the waitress added on a tip of 18% to my party of 2 which is not policy as I was just there the week before. I didn't want to break a big bill so I gave her 85 cent less than the amount she requested and she began to badger me about how she would have to pay the restaurant out of her money because I didn't pay my whole bill. I kindly reminded Ashley I paid my bil and am not required to pay her 18% especially after the other diner was not pleased with her food and Ashley would not get the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. . .Inconsistent ServiceLoveYummyFoodDined on 9/4/2013The food is always fantastic @ Cafe Circa. Plantains are a must have and the lamp chops are yummy. The service is hit or miss depending on who you have. Definitely worth going again despite the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark bar scenePilldocDined on 8/16/2013The television was off and when asked said it didn't work . Very disappointed. Made the bar a dark scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialalleyalDined on 8/10/2013In all fairness, we did not know this was more of a hip hop night. The DJ was set up the bar. that was kind of tacky, too loud to have a speaker at the bar. Also, it limited the number of people that could sit at the bar. That makes no sense.Special Features:
- Repeat PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013I always come back to Cafe Circa after trying new spots in Atlanta. It's my "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.