202 7th Ave
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafechampignonnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123664410x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Champignon can fulfill all of your catering needs. Our very talented chefs have a wide range of creativity and skills. Our food is prepared using only the finest ingredients and represents many years of taste testing. This, combined with our impeccable service, ensures that you will be pleased and satisfied when your food arrives. Whether it's for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; at your home, office, studio, showroom or any location of your choice.
You can choose among one of our planned party menus, or you can plan your own from our extensive menu.
Let us handle all the details!
A word from Cafe Champignon
Champignon has become a destination spot for all New York City diners. It is no exaggeration to say that we are one of the best food establishments in the country. .We have a great food for a great dining experience, all at an affordable price. Everything is fresh and made with the highest quality ingredients. The upscale decor and ambiance makes Champignon an ideal place to impress an important client, as well as celebrate a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Champignon reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- solid eats; quelching drinks.DieOperKochtNYCVIPDined on 8/2/2014continually visit this great local hang for whatever you're in the mood for; don't need the clock to tell you when you're feeling like breakfast or lunch food, cocktails, or to chill out. love the range of choices on the menu, and the quality is spot on. friendly staff add to a charming environment that takes the edge off anything the city may be dishing on you. gets crazy crowded during typical brunch times; otherwise and esp. the off hours are when at its best.Special Features:
- Locus of 7th Ave Chelsea nabetimmmykVIPDined on 6/30/2014Champignon has great burgers, draft beer, and more. Friendly relaxed service, atmosphere and fantastic people watching.Special Features:
- Fun Neighborhood gemtimmmykVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great burgers, super nice staff. Love the ambience and people watching. Great draft beers selection.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Cafe Champignon reviews archive.
- Nice, but not over the topNJDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had quick dinner at the Cafe Champignon. The ambience of the place is a bit understated but inviting nevertheless. Unfortunately, it was raining, so we couldn't have enjoyed the outside seating, and that kind of set the mood for the whole dinner. The food was OK, good OK, but nothing that would stick out as amazing. The service and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBarbaraTVIPDined on 4/29/2014You can always count on getting a good meal, great wine and great service when you dine here. Alas, no French Onion Soup, but other than that no disappointments at all. Very fresh salads, wonderful lentil soup, lovely attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charm and attention in ChelseaninalkDined on 3/6/2014Lovely spot with a menu with something for everyone. Solid food prepared and served with pride and care.Has a real neighborhood vibe and is always welcoming. Recommended for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great burgers, quiet placemfa13Dined on 2/26/2014Great burgers, quiet place with a cool ambience and most importantly friendly service. I live in the neighborhood and come here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bloody marypamkVIPDined on 2/2/2014The fix price menu is a great deal. I love to try different places for brunch with friends and a Bloody Mary. I did not like this Bloody Mary too much tabasco no horseradish! Service could have been better but it allowed us time to sit and talk.Special Features:
- Very Good!HRJMVIPDined on 12/19/2013Went there for a late breakfast. Food was excellent, service friendly. Lovely cafe atmosphere with a very full menu. Would go again.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findKLoveVIPDined on 11/15/2013The food was delicious and the restaurant nicely attentive when my daughters and I spent an hour or so having a leisurely breakfast there. I can definitely recommend the French toast. And they were happy to create an egg white omlet to my daughter's specifications. Nice find in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Champignon on a Sunday eveningNYvisitorDined on 11/3/2013A nice little place a short walk from our hotel. I like the little, high-quality neighborhood restaurants lilke this that you find in New York. The dinner menu had a range of reasonalby-priced choices, the wine by glass was good, and service was attentive. Only complaint was that my companion's dessert (it was something like tiramisu but different name) was refrigerator-cold, which took all the taste away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was on a tight scheduleMarciGVIPDined on 10/3/2013I had literally half an hour to shovel down some food-what a great find! The staff could not have been more accommodating. I received my food quickly and with no attitude, and it was delicious. I plan to come back when I'm more relaxed and try something more adventurous than the salad I had:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch MeetingTimdyDined on 9/30/2013Good food, good service and low noise level made it excellent for a low-key business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BargainDBNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2013Their prix fix is one of the best deals around. Food is good for a casual night out!
- Delicious but the service was...bigwoodDined on 8/18/2013I went to this place for having breakfast with my friend who was just visiting NY. Food was simple but very good but the service was not very nice, they look very tired already in the morning. It might be because of the Sunday morning... ? Hopefully they can have a little more smile on their face, that can make customers happier :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual dininglovetoeatVIPDined on 8/6/2013Dependable restaurant with a varied menu for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delightful spot-classicsilkcityVIPDined on 7/28/2013a delightful spot-classic French cuisine-had an enjoyable brunch!Special Features:
- Food is presented nicely andlovetoeatVIPDined on 9/5/2012Food is presented nicely and well=prepared. Wait servers are conscientious and non-intrusive.Special Features:
- Great place to meet a friendMKW2013Dined on 9/2/2012Great place to meet a friend on a weekend day for lunch!Special Features:
- Just RightDeaneVIPDined on 8/1/2012Cafe Champignon is a delightful little spot with a great range of choices. From mozzarella sticks to filet mignon, there's something for everyone, though the menu is not overwhelming. The turkey burgers are especially good--meaty and flavorful with some interesting combinations. Champignon is just right for a quiet and delicious dinner with a friend.Special Features:
- Cafe Champignon has becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2012Cafe Champignon has become a mainstay for me. The quality of the food is a little inconsistent varying from fine to really good. The chicken, steak, burger, salads, and asparagus are my favorite items on the menu to date. I also like the fact that they serve wine by the glass right out of the bottle so you are very likely to get a nice glass of freshly opened wine. The bordeaux has always been lovely. They are very nice to people dining alone. I particularly like sitting inside near the windows facing out so I get the best of both worlds.Special Features:
- Limited drink selection -DodgersWillVIPDined on 6/19/2012Limited drink selection - and even items listed on menu weren't available. Nice menu and fun location.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch. They couldJannVIPDined on 4/29/2012Sunday Brunch. They could not make Bloody Mary or Bellini as they were out of Vodka and pear juice. Egss & Champignon burger were basic but good.
- nice to be able to sit outside...buMR12VIPDined on 4/21/2012nice to be able to sit outside...but the food(and not a complicated order) took over an hour to come out. Apparently there was something wrong in the kitchen, which happens and is totally understandable, but it would have been nice if someone came to tell us that in the 45 minutes+ that we were waiting without any information about where our food was.Special Features:
- I like this place becauseNYCGuyVIPDined on 4/19/2012I like this place because you can go and have a dinner and not be bothered about rushing out...Very nice staff...pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Food was delish and the serviceGreatDined on 4/4/2012Food was delish and the service great. Had the Prix Fix which was reasonable and came with a good wine.
- Quality of food was fine,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2012Quality of food was fine, waiter service was fine, all the waiters were polite and did nothing wrong. The speed of which the food came out: unbelievably slow. Will not return because of this, especially if we have post dinner plan, because we won't be able to count on leaving this place on time for the next event - the food took so long when we were there, we missed our movie and wasted 2 tickets :(
- Nice, casual restaurant.lovetoeatVIPDined on 3/5/2012Nice, casual restaurant. Fresh ingredients and well prepared meals.Special Features:
- We love Cafe Champignon, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012We love Cafe Champignon, and if you're seeing a play at Irish Repertory Theater, this is perfect for dinner or supper before or after the play.Special Features:
- Very nice staff & good foodSpecialKNYCDined on 1/25/2012I was a little disappointed that they were out of their dinner and dessert specials, especially when it wasn't crowded or late. The French onion soup was great & the organic chicken was very good.Special Features:
- The staff is excellent! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2012The staff is excellent! They make you feel right at home.Special Features: