200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafecentrony.com/
- Phone: 2128181222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Call Sharon Collebello at 212-949-8248.
A word from Café Centro
Café Centro is a bustling midtown brasserie with a stylish look that echoes the glamour of Paris in the 1930's. Guests can watch our chef as he prepares French-inspired cuisine with Mediterranean accents and sear top quality steaks. Pastry chef Ken Larsen's sumptuous desserts are not to be missed. The well priced wine list has received numerous Wine Spectator awards and has been voted "Best Beaujolais Bistro". Regular wine dinners are well attended. The attached Beer Bar is a great place for New York’s best burger, a casual lunch or to unwind over craft beers and cocktails. For parties of 12 or more please call our Catering Department 212-949-8248.Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.Continued
The Patina Restaurant Group (http://www.patinagroup.com)
The Patina Restaurant Group (http://www.patinagroup.com)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Centro reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (66)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (25)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good for business lunch, convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2014Great convenient location adjacent to GCT and the 4,5,6. Good seafood.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableCrotonCherVIPDined on 10/24/2014We loved the service and the food and felt that we got a very good value for what we paid for dinner and drinks. Will definitely be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- boothbayVIPDined on 10/23/2014A special treat was the steak tartar special. Not something offered often at restaurants. It was delicious. The beef bourguignone was also well prepared - the sauce was exceptionally good with a deep glistening color and fork tender beef. We also enjoyed the prix fixe dinner with the pumpkin soup to start and the squash ravioli as the main course. Both were delicious and the wine pairings were a treat, especially the Moscato desert wine. It was an excellent value with nice sized pours. The bread here is worth noting - quite delicious and served with butter and an herb cheese spread. This continues to be one of our New York favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastdrsdaytonDined on 10/21/2014Great location, great food, easy place to meet / talk.Special Features:
- Excellent Experiencewerdna18Dined on 10/14/2014We selected the Prix Fixe dinner menu. Portions were small, but truly imaginative. And after 3 courses, you do not leave hungry. Service was excellent, true European style. We recommend requesting waiter Eric. He is from France, knows the menu well and is most gracious.
- SimpletasteDined on 10/14/2014Good food, good menu, and good service at a convenient locationSpecial Features:
- cafe centroupstatedinerDined on 10/10/2014Needed a large table to spread out papers. was accommodated with a short wait and not made to feel demandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what it isRobinVIPDined on 10/7/2014Both New Yorkers, I met a friend there and we were both horrified at the prices for a restaurant in Grand Central. Not only were they high, but entrees came with no sides, which had to be ordered separately. Restaurant wasn't too crowded but waiter seemed to be rushing us through the meal, from the ordering to the dessert and bill. When he asked if he could take away our plates, he proceeded to completely clear off the entire table, removing the bread and not asking us if we were finished. Even though he was efficient, the waiter bordered on rudeness and seemed uninterested in our satisfaction. Other folks there were very nice.
- Never DisappointsDINE4BIZDined on 10/7/2014From the bread to dessert everything was delicious. I had the Price Fixe dinner with butternut squash ravioli that was amazingly light. Wine pairing spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerBrunchbunchDined on 10/7/2014Cafe Centro is my "go to" restaurant whenever I need to be near Grand Central and I have friends or a business lunch or dinner. Always reliable. Good ambiance. Reasonable noise levels. Food is very good and offers a broad selection. Service is reliable. All around a great choice for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 10/7/2014Have been a regular for years but as the prices have gone up so has the level of noticeable salt. Way too salty as well as way too noisy.
- DELIGHTFUL, DELICIOUSAitchDined on 10/3/2014As always. excellent in everything from first to lastSpecial Features:
- we'll be backBartDined on 10/3/2014Great job, food was excellent, interesting new specials, eclectic presentation and combinations on the menu, plus it was not so noisy that we could in fact talk and have meaningful conversation, keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Lovelyluv2eatVIPDined on 10/1/2014The food is always delicious and the service spectacular. Always a lovely experience, especially after a long work day.Special Features:
- Terrific Grand Central SpotMavendetoutDined on 9/30/2014I've been to Café Centro several times over the years. When in Manhattan I stay at one of the University clubs nearby so the Grand Central area is key for me. To my mind, Café Centro combines terrific level of service and fine cuisine coupled with a very nice wine list. Always my 'to to' in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodNancyDined on 9/27/2014Food and service are consistently good here, more interesting choices than the standard bistro. The prix fixe is an amazing value, and wines by the glass are well chosen. I should go back more often!Special Features:
- FoodyFoodyDined on 9/26/2014Food, ambiance and service are good. Location right near GCT is wonderful. Have been many times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Service is great. Food usually is good, but this time I went for lunch the Asian chop salad which usually delicious was actually soggy and awful. My tuna tartare was not well seasoned and I got a very bad stomach ache afterwards.Special Features:
- joyboyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Three out of four dishes in our lunch were winners, the frisée salad, however, was a big disappointment. Very pleased with Atlantic salmon, etc. and also appreciative of wait staff & reservationist.Special Features:
- rip offsusanVIPDined on 9/11/2014I think it is a disgrace to charge $4.75 for an ice tea REFILL filled with ice and very little tea.
- Excellent French at Met Life BldgBeachEsqVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been dining at Cafe Centro for many years. Excellent French restaurant with attentive service. Always looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- gourmetgalVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had a business lunch to schedule in midtown and selected Centro primarily because of its location. The rewards of my choice went well beyond being able to just hop off an air-conditioned bus on a hot afternoon. Having mentioned in my reservation notes that we needed to talk, the restaurant assigned us a lovely quiet table in their smallest room. Next we were given the prix fix lunch menu, which was cooling and delicious. We tried both the chilled gazpacho and the frisse salad and then all had cold poach salmon. Portions were generous, especially the included cookie plate. We will be certain to return.Special Features:
- Getting even betterClaudetteNYDined on 9/4/2014We usually come here once a year, except we'd forgotten what a perfect dining experience you have at Café Centro. Service is attentive and accommodating, the food is pretty sublimes, and they make a very generous martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014the schnitzel we (4 of us) ordered was disappointing, very dry, obviously precooked before and heated for service.This was lunch and the dish was the special of the day. We have dined there many times and will probably go back. Bad dishes do happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastAlexVIPDined on 9/3/2014I would describe Cafe Centro as a hotel restaurant that isn't in a hotel. The prices are a bit high, and I probably wouldn't seek it out as a destination, but on the other hand if you need a spot to meet someone for a business breakfast near Grand Central (as I did), it's hard to imagine a more perfect place. The food was fine, the service was attentive and the tables were spaced well apart so it was possible to discuss business in reasonable privacy.
- ThebulletDined on 8/27/2014Though we sat outside on noisy 45th st it was still nice to dine outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast SpotNickDined on 8/27/2014The location can't be beat, the food is very good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- excellent service and locationblankDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent and the food was good. good selection of food. glad it was not too many. very convenient location for mid week business or family lunches and dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose Cafe Centro purely due toOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/26/2014its location. Very convenient & the food was good considering the number of meals they pump out. But the pace was frantic and we felt a bit rushed.
- Civilized Dining Experience in NYCWeezyVIPDined on 8/20/2014A spacious seating arrangement, moderate noise levels and over the top service make for the most civilized dining experience in NYC. We always ask to be seated at Eric's station who steers us through their chef's latest exciting creations and we never fail to have a great experience.Special Features:
- Always reliableReviewerDined on 8/20/2014Good food, good service. A great location for a business lunch or quick dinner, esp if you are a slave to a train schedule. Bar is good for a drink as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014My favorite restaurant for dinner -- not crowded nor noisy, fine menu and service, reasonable cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was especially fabulous - caring, knowledgeable, sensitive and respectful of conversations at our table, as well as cheerful and didn't hover. Bravo!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Food and service are OK. Would try somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- good placebdaygirlDined on 8/5/2014ate here ....two birthday dinners restaurant week menu very good. wine good. quiet enough. recommendSpecial Features:
- Very good if you stick to basics.stitcherDined on 8/4/2014I went to Café Centro for dinner during Restaurant Week. It's a lovely quiet atmosphere. NOTHING on the Restaurant Week menu appealed to me except the dessert part. Watermelon/tomato gazpacho - really? Spaghetti with clams and cockles - cockles? I ditched the $38.00 menu and chose the crab cake appetizer (great) and the rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes (they kindly switched the French fries). The chicken and potatoes were very good. I enjoyed my dinner. I just think the restaurant week menu could use some tweaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm....Creme Brulee!Tracey72Dined on 8/1/2014We found Café Centro almost by accident as it was kitty corner to our hotel. We ended up going back there three times as it was one of the few places in New York that understood what Celiac Disease was and had many gluten free alternatives. great wait staff and the best crème brulee in New York!Special Features:
- Good Foodargmza1973Dined on 8/1/2014The quality of food and service is outstanding. A+ gradeSpecial Features:
- Not as I'd rememberednew2AtlantaDined on 7/30/2014I've eaten here twice in the past month. (It was formerly a favorite, near GCT.) On both occasions, the food was disappointing. The second time was during Restaurant Week...food was almost cold when served, and the main courses were really ordinary. The desserts, however, were outstanding.
- Business LunchUpstreamDined on 7/30/2014Café Centro is a great place for a business lunch. You are able to talk without being rushed and its central location in midtown is a plus. The food and service was very good.Special Features: