Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
2409 N Dixie Hwy
West Palm Beach, FL 33407Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mycafecentro.com/
- Phone: 5615144070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (from Allora Menu); Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jairo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Contact us for further information and details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Piano Bar is available for private parties. If the function is in season there is a fee for the room. We offer packages for dining and a twenty percent gratuity plus tax will be added to the total bill.
- Private Party Contact: Terry Hubbard 5613189696
- Entertainment: We have various Piano Players that play a wide range of music from Gershwin to Billy Joel to Elton John to Bobby Darren and American Standards. In season The Piano Bar is usually booked a week in advance to reserve dining tables. The Bar seating is not available for reservation.
A word from Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach
Cafe Centro is a stylish and chic restaurant with a warm and comfortable ambiance. You are surrounded by exposed White Savannah Brick walls and high vaulted ceilings from the 1920"s. Local artist's paintings adorn the wall that changes monthly to support the local community. The cuisine is high quality at a fair price and ranged from Free Range Chicken to fresh seafood and homemade pasta's and Gourmet Pizza. The Cafe Centro Piano Bar has entertainment seven nights a week during the High Season and the Piano player starts at Seven O'clock. The room is warm and cozy but, elegant as well as charming. We also offer dining on our outdoor veranda along side of Bougainvilleas and lush greenery and beautiful Gardenia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- SpeedVIPDined on 10/2/2014very reluctant to award open table points, but food very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJosiekayDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed our lunch before heading to the airport. Food was very good Italian style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1Bob1Dined on 9/26/2014We love coming to Cafe Centro, great food and a great bar , ask for Andra at the bar.Special Features:
- SashaVIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great evening!!! Ray was incredible and we had so much fun. Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!
- delicious food,beautiful ambiancefoodieDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was charming and made you feel as if you were in Italy. My trout was delicious and the pistachio dessert was to die for. There was a lively piano player in the next room which made for a lively feel.Special Features:
- cafe centroelpepokerboyDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Centro is a delightful cafe in an interesting neighborhood. The food is very good, we all had the trout for lunch. They do have an extensive wine list. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helped us select perfect wine for our lunch. It's a lovely sophisticated find, and we certainly plan on going back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMichelleDined on 8/13/2014Our group enjoyed dinner at Centro, lovely food and wine, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of town friendsMobileMosesVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is OK but, the main draw is the energetic crowd scene....all singing alongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the Cafe Centro - West Palm Beach reviews archive.
- OUR EXPERIENCERuthieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Having been there for the very first time with friends on Monday March 31st, we fell in love with the place in particular the Piano Room. Saturday night we were there with 4 other friends at the 8 p.m. seating......we are not "young" people but we are very "hip", the format for the evening for us was disappointing only for the fact we could not have a conversation amongst ourselves. I think but am not certain that this entertainment must be weekends only and that the subdued piano playing music is during the week. I would like to know if this is true.Special Features:
- Surprisingly DisappointingFood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/21/2014We love this restaurant, but were not happy this time. The usual waitress was off on vacation, and in her stead was a young man with little to no experience as a waiter. He came to our table quickly an tried to get both drink and food orders in at once. When he was told we needed a few minutes, he then disappeared for quite a while. After our appetizers were put in front of us, he never returned to ask if everything was okay. My husband had to flag another waiter to make a request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always hopping!!!Ajoy2bVIPDined on 6/21/2014We LOVE Cafe Centro. The linguine pescatore for 2 is the best.Special Features:
- foodreviewerDined on 6/10/2014Food was fair to good. Found the service very good and overall a good choiceI would recommend this to a friend.
- ruined partydigwineVIPDined on 5/25/2014my mother came from lake worth, my brother from Boynton beach to celebrate my wifes bday. we even brought a cake, only to find out they were closed. I ruined our night-hard to find a reservation for 8 people at the last minuteSpecial Features:
- UnexpectedneodocDined on 5/15/2014We went on a Thursday night. The front room was relatively empty, but the back room was full, and we found out why, as midway through our dinner we were surprised to see a musician appear at the piano and we were then entertained by a medley of popular, standard and rock favorites from the 60's and later. Dinner patrons were encouraged to sing along, and diners often got up to dance. We ended up ordering coffee and dessert because we did not want to leave! Oh, and the food was very good and the prices were very reasonable. We plan to return next time that we are in the area.
- Great food and staffNorthendResidentDined on 5/10/2014Our servers, Carlos and Ken, were attentive and funny. We had a lovely table outside and the food was delicious. There was plenty of time for a leisurely dinner with lots of conversation.Special Features:
- Yum!Food4thoughtVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is a place I love to return to. Though the portions are small, the execution of the wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best birthday!1romance4everDined on 4/19/2014I commend Cafe Centro-hands up! Had a wonderful birthday! Entertainment was great, food was great, thanks so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual fun placeJlpdiningVIPDined on 4/18/2014Love this place near our condo.... Street or valet parking.... Fun music and dancing.... Have been here many times and sometimes food very good and sometimes averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dynamic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014We went on Friday night. Ray Chang, a pianist-singer performed for two hours. The evening was fantastic. We were a group of 15 and everyone loved the evening. People were singing and dancing around the tables. Just greatSpecial Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Service was horrible-worst of my life! Wait staff was untrained as was kitchen staff. Horrendous.
- consistantly goodprofalVIPDined on 2/14/2014we frequent this restaurant twice a month because of the quality of food and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with flair & fun!Luv2eatoutDined on 2/7/2014If you want that old feeling of "dining out" try Cafe Centro. This restaurant has good food, great service and lots of buzz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was very deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014the food was very delicious and the service was great! I totally enjoyed my osso buco which was very tender . My boyfriend loved his chicken parm. we would definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring your snow birds here!bchbumDined on 1/30/2014I always bring visitors to café centro on music night and enjoy the atmosphere and music. Ray is a great entertainer the energy he brings is contagious. No grumpies here! As for the food, it was excellent the last time and seems to be getting better all the time.Special Features:
- Cafe Centro is a treat!DrISKVIPDined on 1/29/2014Not only was the food experience pleasant but the entertainment was outstanding. Ray Chang is a gem of an entertainer! A great time was had by all in our group.Special Features:
- AbbamybVIPDined on 1/24/2014One of the most fun restaurants in south Florida. Music was really great. Everyone gets engaged in the singing and dancing. Very lively. Not good if u want a quiet evening for talkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe centroLeslDined on 1/23/2014We were told when we arrived that reserving with open table we could NOT have the piano room. ..although we had requested it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nights here are NEVER dull!ATLlovesRAYDined on 1/17/2014Ray at the piano was very entertaining, and the food was amazing!!! We danced and laughed, put on your "must do list", and I highly recommend reserving a table in the piano lounge for a late dinner but don't be surprised if patrons and Ray are dancing and singing outloud right next to you .....or tossing napkins in the air at during "That's Amore". When weather permits even those dining outside will feel included. The lobster pasta dish is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findsunnie123Dined on 1/14/2014Four of went to this restaurant based on a friends recommendation and we all loved it, and can't wait to go back, We sat outside as the inside was too cold but the downside of that is we coudn't hear the great music. next time I will wear a sweater but it is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun night out !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014A fabulous place to go for food ,drinks ,great music and entertainment. Lots of fun ! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014What a wonderful experience we had. The staff were top notch along with the food. The piano bar was so much fun, we will be back again very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening of food & funMortyZVIPDined on 1/11/2014We chose Café Centro because our 23 year old granddaughter was visiting us and we wanted a fun place. The food is always great, but they have a piano player who puts on a show that is spectacular. His name is Chang and he walks around the restaurant and outside where we were seated and does a wonderful, entertaining performance. It's one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Northwood HideawayKRLdinesDined on 1/3/2014Cafe Centro is a Northwood Hideaway and it continues to impress. Their menu of Italian food and pizzas are always consistent and delicious. Our table tried the Grilled Octopus appetizer and were thrilled with the tender pieces of octopus seasoned just right. While we didn't get a table in the main dining room, I'm always a fan of the live piano music.Special Features:
- We returned to Café CentroOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/2/2014We returned to Café Centro a year after our last visit and thought that the restaurant had faded. Food was only fair; the room lacked energy.
- Great find in the middle ofChristmasdaveDined on 12/30/2013Great find in the middle of nowhere. Good food and service. Very cute place. Telling our friends from up north who come down here in the winterSpecial Features:
- Too pricey for the quality of foodSSSTLDined on 12/28/2013Based on the previous reviews I read, I had a feeling that this would offer some authentic Italian food. However, I was surprised by the quality of the food. It is by no means authentic and for the taste it felt too pricey. Honestly, I would rather have gone to olive garden. The waitress who attended us initially left half way through dinner. At the end, we had to tell what we had ordered so they could prepare the check. Overall, I don't recommend this place.Special Features:
- Once was a FavoritePeapodDined on 12/24/2013We really were looking forward to our dinner at Cafe Centro.We couldn't get a reservation for 7:PM so we had to settle for 6:30.The restaurant was half full even at 7:30(holding tables for regulars?)Our table for 2 was extremely small and in a busy pathway with hustle and bustle all around us!When the table for 4 closest to us became occupied we might as well have been seated with them.The fried calamari was really ordinary,not crisp enough.The veal dishes were OK,not extraordinary,especially for the price.We were very disappointed and would not return.
- So Much FunLipstickDined on 12/21/2013Ray Chang sings and entertains and encourages everyone to participate ans sing along. He is a great entertainer. The food is very good also. Just love this restaurant.Special Features:
- great place to have funjms18Dined on 12/7/2013a great place to have fun, meet people, sing and eat great food,, a great night out also great staff.....Special Features:
- West Palm GemBobLVIPDined on 12/2/2013I dine here frequently and have never had less than a fine meal. The service can be iffy. Our server had not a clue about the food she was serving, asked foolish questions about our choices and returned unnecessarily to our table to check the orders we had placed. Once that unprofessional act was over, the food arrived in good time and the dishes were excellent.Special Features: