111 Avenue C
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
CambodianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafecambodge.com/
- Phone: 646-370-5158x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Cambodian, French
- Executive Chef: Eric meas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Sunday , Monday and Tuesday nights .
Music start at 9 pm
A word from Cafe Cambodge
Decorated with thatched accents, bamboo and earthen tones, this Alphabet City spot provides an entree to Cambodian cuisine. South Asian herbs, fruits and vegetables distinguish a number of the dishes, including pumpkin-stuffed tilapia wrapped in kaffir lime leaves with coconut red curry sauce, and braised oxtail prepared with Pernod, honey, tamarind and ginger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Cambodge reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- on the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Once they work out the wine list (they did not have several of items listed on menu - stating that the menu was changing), this will be a great find. The food was excellent, service friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- ExcellentEmilyVIPDined on 9/18/2014I loved Cafe Cambodge, it was a perfect date night with my boyfriend. The food was great, the neighborhood was a delight, I enjoyed seeing the regulars. The server was also great too!Special Features:
- Captivating Cafe Cambodge!Skye13VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at Cafe Cambodge this past Saturday evening for the first time. We had a Gilt City voucher, which turned out to be an amazing deal. The staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. The decor in this small space gives it a relaxed, yet worldly feel, with red walls and beautiful lanterns creating a very inviting dining environment. The eclectic music is upbeat and fun. The food is extremely flavorful, with many unique dishes on the menu. We enjoyed our appetizers - both came with a delicious spicy sauce that really impressed. I had the pumpkin stuffed tilapia, which was very good (though slightly overcooked), which came with amazing coconut rice. Hubby had the slow roasted half chicken, which was perfection!Special Features:
- Solid dinner/drinks placeAJiLVIPDined on 8/24/2014Came here with the Gilt City voucher for dinner for 4. Reservation was early, 6:30pm and there was no one here yet, but by 8pm it was pretty bumping on a Sunday night. Sangria was good, oxtail was tender if a bit too salty. Appetizers were the highlight- duck crostini/scallops/prawns were all amazing. Service was great when there wasn't anyone here, but near the end of the night, they only had 1 server and the poor girl was overwhelmed. If you're in a rush, eat/finish early, otherwise, be prepared to wait. Ambiance is pretty energeticSpecial Features:
- Rose624VIPDined on 8/11/2014I went here for the first time. I enjoyed the food and the service was good. I'd go back again.
- great for small groupsblooraspberryVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love the food here! My friends and I shared the sides while we ordered our own dih -- we were all very happy with our food. Sangria tasted great as well.Special Features:
- friend dateblooraspberryVIPDined on 7/10/2014Got the five slides and one pitcher of sangria deal on giltcity. I love the food -- very tasty and my friend and I thought a pitcher was even too much for us. great for late nightsSpecial Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Cafe Cambodge reviews archive.
- Wonderful and Creative FoodelsiemahlerDined on 6/30/2014I love, love, Cambodian food, which is a mixture of Asian and French cuisine. This is the best I've had on this side of the pond. The owner/chef is so helpful, charming and generous. Loved the place. We'll certainly be back. Our native West Sider's said they'd not had anything this yummy outside of Brooklyn in quite some time.Special Features:
- good, but could be more tastyValFromParisVIPDined on 5/19/2014I had a great souvenir of Cambodian food from my last trip to Cambodia. We visited Cafe Cambodge, and discovered a nice restaurant with really nice staff. The food was good but we were a bit disappointed. Dishes could be more tasty.
- So soamdgDined on 5/2/2014Went with a group for my boyfriend's birthday. We went to Cambodia last year and had some of the best meals of our lives, so I was hoping to relive the magic at Cafe Cambodge. That didn't happen, unfortunately. Food was okay but not memorable. Our group ordered three meat dishes - the pork belly, oxtail and short ribs - and while all were described differently, all seemed to be prepared in the exact same way and tasted nearly identical to one another. The skin on the pork belly was really undercooked - not fried and crispy like it was supposed to be. Floppy pig flesh is not appetizing. Calamari was okay, but had an intensely fishy flavor that I wasn't expecting. Server was very friendly, though, and it's a very cute place.Special Features:
- Great food and Excellent Service A+AndreDPDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I, along with 12 friends got together for a dinner celebration at Cafe Cambodge. We were warmly received and attend to during our 3 hour stay. The food was excellent from appetizer to desert. We started with the Pineapple & Mango Stuffed Grilled Calamari along with the Grilled and Cambodge Corn on a Cob with coconut milk, scallion, and honey. Wow! For entrees we ordered several servings of Braised Ox Tail w/pernod honey, tamarind and brussels sprouts; Braised Beef Short Rib w/ anisette, port wine sauce, mashed taro root, coconut essence; and the Farmer Market Red Coconut Curry w/ coconut rice, pea shoots. We will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodhunterVIPDined on 3/28/2014Too noisy, service was very erratic and many options in the menu were not available. It was disappointing.
- Great place for a large tableBrianDined on 3/22/2014We came with 8 people and the hostess (who is really nice) fit us in without a problem. Tasty food & being able to get a table for everyone? Awesome.Special Features:
- great spotpeteVIPDined on 3/19/2014food was excellent.a cross between exotic and fine dining. the oxtail was unique and delicious. service excellent as well.Special Features:
- Our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014First time visiting this place upon recommendations from our friends. My husband is Cambodian and this is as close to a Cambodian restaurant we'll ever find here in NY. Food was great even if it was a little bit more expensive than we prefer. We still would go back especially to have the Braised Beef Short Rib and Mashed Taro Root!Special Features:
- Great ambiance. Waitress andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Great ambiance. Waitress and manager were very friendly, kind, and accommodating. Good food, although it would be so much nicer if there were more entree varieties in the menu. The drinks are delicious too!Special Features: