60 Yorkville Ave
Toronto, ON M4W 0A4Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeboulud.com/toronto
- Phone: 4169636000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Monday to Saturday 7:00 am - 11:00 am
Breakfast - Sunday 7:00 am- 10:30 am
Brunch - Sunday: 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner - Sunday to Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner - Thursday to Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Lunch is served in dbar Monday- Sunday 11:00 am- 3:30 pm. Please go to dbar's website to make your booking for lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Tyler Shedden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The elegant décor reflects Café Boulud's subdued contemporary aesthetic. The room seats up to 10 guests and if you contact us we would be pleased to help you plan a customized menu suited to awaken your every palate. Our Sommelier in house will guide you through our specially selected wine cellar to find your perfect wine pairing
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 416-963-6000x
A word from Café Boulud
Located steps from Yorkville shopping, Café Boulud is open for breakfast and dinner seven nights a week and brunch on Sunday. Chef Daniel Boulud brings his renowned French cuisine to Toronto offering contemporary renditions of dishes inspired by the local market. A casual lunch is served at d|bar, also directed by Chef Boulud. d|bar is our lively bar and lounge, a perfect spot for cocktails both before or after dinner. To reserve, please go to www.opentable.com/dbar-toronto Café Boulud’s private room is available for business or personal entertaining, and the entire restaurant is available for meetings and catering during lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Café Boulud - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Café Boulud reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)fit for foodies (131)notable wine list (89)romantic (80)good for groups (54)great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (43)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (15)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Amazing place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife, my dqughter and I had a wonderful time in Café Boulud. Even though we used to live around there, we didn't know about that place. One of my friend recommended Café Boulud and we tried on Friday morning. Some of the hotel restaurnats are just fancy with poor quality of meals. However, our family enjoyed our meal at Café Boulud and the atmosphere was so friendly. My daughter was especially happy about the drawing and playing menu with crayons. The lady who guided us to our seats knows how to handle the kids and that really impressed us. Overall, we were very satisfied at Café Boulud and we are expecting to having a nice time again there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 42nd Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014I have been to the restaurant a few times before. I usually like to go there for very special occasions. Menu always interesting and venue is casual elegant. However for this evening, there is not that wow factor. I think it was noisy from the bar downstairs and the table beside us and the service is mediocre and not attentive enough. Even at the end the coffee was sour and not fresh and had to be re-ordered.This I do not expect from a restaurant of this calibre so that was disappointing.Special Features:
- Rushed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Ordered the 7 course tasting menu..service was very rushed. Very limited details about courses etc
- Near perfectionTorontoGamblersVIPDined on 8/19/2014The service was unbelievable, attentive and friendly. I find in most high end restaurants management believes service should be pretentious to be good, I hate that. Everything was attended to with warm greetings and friendly smiles. The food was delicious, substantial and very well presented. We had the halibut and Sea bass, both were great. I'll 100% be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!torontofoodieDined on 8/19/2014The 5 course tasting menu was delicious with beautiful plating. The service was attentive and the place had a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great service and wonderful food. A lovely spot for a special occasion or if you want first class dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel Does It AgainbobbarbaraVIPDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I are New Yorkers who make it our business to eat at all the Boulud restaurants in NYC whenever we can manage to afford it. This was our first time eating at Boulud's Toronto restaurant and we intend to do it again when we next visit Toronto . Viva Daniel Boulud !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I was expectingsandraDined on 8/12/2014We were there for summerlicious and it was GREAT Regular menu items were SMALL and my specialty dish of rabbit was also bland. Surprisingly the manager asked me if it had been TOO FLAVOURFUL?!Special Features:
- Date nightiqsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I were able to sneak off for dinner and leave the kids with my sister. we decided to return to Cafe Boulud since i wouldn't have the hassle of parking downtown (they offer valet parking) and because the food/service was amazing the last time we had been there. this time was no exception. we got there for 930pm and we weren't rushed at all. very good service from Zachary. The food is sooo good.Special Features:
- Mz123Dined on 8/8/2014Perfect Service ...attentive but not in your face...just right with portions, spices and food temperature....freiendly staff from the hostess to servers to wait staff....and a nice touch on the anniversary plate!!!...Thank You to everyone!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceFredDined on 8/6/2014That pretty much sums up the experience at Cafe Boulud. We have dined there several times and we are always delighted at the consistency and quality of the food, the service, the wine list and the experience. We will become regular patrons of this exceptional place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs tasting menu a must!!!2die4Dined on 8/6/2014My daughter and I both had the 5 course chefs menu. It changes everyday and we both had different meals, so we shared! Layers of flavours, perfect wine pairings per course, and informative, attentive service by Shea and the whole team start to finish! Just when we thought we were done, they brought hot lemon Madeline's to the table AFTER dessert. I can't believe we ate them all--but they were a perfect end to a delicious meal--a very enjoyable evening of memory making with my daughter! Thank you so much Cafe Boulud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!TravelingsistersDined on 8/5/2014Our experience at Cafe Boulud was nothing short of heavenly! We ran into traffic trouble and ended up being 30 minutes late for our reservation and there was no problem being seated on a Tuesday night. The service from Zachary was excellent and he made us feel welcomed. The food...the food...what can I say. We thought the salad was divine until the sea bass and halibut showed up! Perfection is the only way to describe both dishes. We had heard bad reviews about the ambience, but we thought it was funky yet quite lovely. Overall, it was a highlight of our week long Toronto vacation. Cafe Boulud will definitely be on our itinerary the next time we are in Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014We ate here three times (2 dinners and a breakfast) while staying at the hotel and tried several different dishes, all of which were creative and well-executed. The service is excellent, and the servers were knowledgeable and personable as well as helpful with the menu and wine pairings. If you like grapefruit, that dessert is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Steak.exploringthecityDined on 8/3/2014Great service, quiet environment on the second floor, with modern artwork and a pleasant dining experience. Duck egg and lobster salad appetizer were perfectly prepared. Steak was cooked to perfection with crispy pommes. Overall, a lovely experience at the Four Seasons Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel disappointsEater1Dined on 8/1/2014Mediocre is the only fitting description of Cafe Bouloud in Toronto..Special Features:
- Special eveningBuenprovechoDined on 8/1/2014Excellent staff + excellent food = a special evening. My father uses a walker and the staff were exceptionally helpful. Often older people get 2nd rate treatment but the server and sommelier were both fantastic.Special Features:
- Glacial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2014The food was, as usual, fine, but we waited one hour for our first course on a not-busy night. Then the mains were slow coming out, so much so that the waiter apologized for the kitchen. We were not amused; this was not at all the way we had been looked after on previous visits.
- Memorable eveningHHIGeorgeDined on 7/28/2014Cocktails downstairs in a rather "happening" bar with attentive servers led to a delicious dinner upstairs. The effusive hostess could not have been better or more efficient in handling our table request and then the server took over to make certain that our dinner was enjoyable and memorable. Expensive but never felt rushed and had a delicious meal with excellent wine.Special Features:
- Sublimeluv2dineDined on 7/28/2014You are visiting Toronto, friends are not available, so you are eating alone. And you want a superb dining experience. Go to Daniel Boulud's Cafe! Attentive staff, willing to go out of their way to ensure you are having the best that they offer, wonderful food and exquisite wines--would that I could make it through the wine list! And the little extras: allowing you to sample a taste of another wine that would have been good with your meal, just so you can compare; the woman at the front who greets you tells you about the possibilities of Groupon and Travel 100 and writes out the information for you; and the staff who check on your progress and are interested in your comments on each course. What more could one ask? Delightful!Special Features:
- PerfectionFredDined on 7/28/2014A magnificent meal, service and overall experience. The sea bass was perfection.Special Features:
- Perhaps Intended for Younger DinersRapidanBearDined on 7/27/2014I appreciated the ambience and service at Cafe Boulud, and the interesting, albeit expensive, wine list. The food, however, was very, very rich. Oddly enough, my sweetbread first course was not one of the richer treatments of that and I liked it quite a bit. The sweetbreads had not, however, been properly trimmed and still had too much tough membrane. The paella main course was surprisingly rich, with odd infusions of butter. I tasted my wife's roasted pork, which was excellent, but also quite rich. A friend had the lamb and was very happy with it, so perhaps my problem was one of selection, rather than innate richness. The deserts were fantastic. In particular, I recommend the frozen grapefruit desert.Special Features:
- Low on abience and high on priceSobeFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Designed poorly, poorly decorated, cafeteria tables and chairs, lots of open space, no tablecloths, very echo-like, no charm. Wall hangings strange. Not warm or cozy. Very very pricey. A show-off place for people to throw around lots of money. My bill for one person came to $220. with tip. Good food but not usual. Good service. Would not go back. A waste of time. Better value elsewhere in the city.Special Features:
- Found out...Jay12Dined on 7/23/2014We went to Cafe Boulud to celebrate a friend's birthday. We ordered paellas, were fine, nothing extraordinary, but the size, they had an appetizer size, however they were listed as a main dish. Even though we mentioned it, this time there was no mini cake or birthday demonstration. When I went 2 months ago for brunch, for my boyfriend's birthday, sizes were huge, they brought us for free delicious warm madeleines!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 7/23/2014Delicious! The service was great, atmosphere was fabulous. A must in Toronto!Special Features:
- What a beautiful place!memissDined on 7/22/2014We had dinner at Café Boulud last week, and we had an unforgettable experience. The cocktails were amazing and very unique – my drink had rose petals in it, not something I had seen very often – and every course had a perfect presentation and a delicate flavour. The perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very good experience!SkiingDined on 7/21/2014I was in Toronto with my children and we wanted to go to a good restaurant. We decided for this one and it was very good. The steaks were outstanding and the pork plate incredibly we'll cooked. The paella was god but not the best. The chocolate desert was also very good but the vanilla ice cream was much better. I would recommend it,Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceKPEatsDined on 7/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect if dining at Cafe Boulud. The service was spot on; knowledgeable and attentive. They handle special requests and provide a quality experience. The food itself was exceptional. Price point as expected for this level of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2014This my third time here, and as always the food was great. However, I found the service to be a lot better than my previous time; this was in spite of the fact that it was quite packed and Summerlicious was going on (we ordered from the smaller regular menu anyway). Great to see that service is improving to match the quality of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needed Music!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014It was very odd for the restaurant not to have any music playing. Music helps drown out the conversations around you and it was a bit awkward when you could hear all the intimate conversations at tables next to you. Otherwise, it was a fantastic sunday brunch experience!Special Features:
- GreatVenVenDined on 7/19/2014Great Restaurant, very friendly and well dress dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousAirfoxDined on 7/19/2014Appetizer: TERRINE OF LAMB LEG – 3.5/5 Good balance of flavor. Great presentation Main: CUMBRAE BEEF BRISKET – 1.5/5 It’s pretty much a fancy take of Chinese BBQ pork. Brisket was overcook and dry. Wild leek kimchi is overly salty. Crispy rice black sesame is too moist inside and not crispy at all. It is a disappointment. Honestly, I think I enjoy the bread and butter at the beginning more than the main Dessert: STRAWBERRY & RHUBARB SUNDAE 3.5/5 Strawberry and rhubarb really complement the buffalo milk gelato well. The vanilla crumble gave it a solid texture to the dish. Service is great!
- Outstanding!WolfieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Service, Food, wine...simply outstanding. We went for summerlicious and the food was 5 star. Tuna tartare was fresh and impeciably seasoned and ricotta gnudi light and fluffy. We would definetly return to enjoy the regular menu. One of the best restaurants in the city.
- Food & Service ExcellentfosterlindDined on 7/19/2014Always a pleasure to eat there. Lucky for us the Sunday the rain stopped and the sun came out. Sat outside and enjoyed the fabulous location.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed every morsel of food!!! The best summerlious/ winterlious meal I have ever had! Can't wait to go back and try the full menu!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent, As Usual.PeterVIPDined on 7/18/2014From day one we liked Café Boulud, and it only gets better. The menu, food quality and service are first-class. Although the room's décor might not be exactly to our taste, very mod, (who picked the pictures!), it nevertheless does not detract from our enjoyment of the place. The tables and tableware are exquisite. Café Boulud has quite rapidly become one of our few very favourite restaurants in Toronto. Well done Four Seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay. not the best foodFortheloveoffoodjandwDined on 7/17/2014Food was forgettable. Went for summerlicious. Food is not good. The flavours are not that great. So-so. Not the best. One time thing will never go back. Service was okay thoughSpecial Features:
- Lacked ComplexityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014I was under-whelmed by Boulud. We went during summerlicious, but ordered from the regular menu. I thought the food choices had accompaniments that were very creamy and more winter like. Food did not reflect the level of complexity I had heard about and expected from Daniel's food. The food was definitely delicious and it was lovely, there is no doubt about that, but it lacked the wow factor. The one thing that did wow us was the dessert. I would go back there for the dessert. The grapefruit givre had layers to it, and a mix of flavours that I would not have thought of putting together. That was well done. The only reason I will return is to give it another chance after Summerlicious is done. Perhaps this is not Boulud's true fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but some issueskskrnDined on 7/17/2014This was a great restaurant to dine in. The food was absolutely terrific, and the service was impeccable. We always felt like we had the attention of not just our server but also that of the manager and other staff who were continuously buzzing around our table, making sure we were well attended. Great experience over all. My biggest issue was that they charged us $20 for water, without informing us. I am pretty sure there is a law in place that in Toronto when diners as for water, and they specify NOT sparkling or anything fancy, the vendor must serve them water. It is illegal not to. If you don't want guests walking away in contempt, inform them that you are charging them an arm and a leg for regular water.Special Features:
- Not enough to make u go a 2nd timefoodie123VIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was just okay, went for Summerlicious, but we also ordered a few items on regular menu. Waited almost 40 min for the entrée. Yet...was it worth the wait? Nothing surprisingSpecial Features: