60 Yorkville Ave
Toronto, ON M4W 0A4Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeboulud.com/toronto
- Phone: 4169636000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Monday to Saturday 7:00 am - 11:00 am
Breakfast - Sunday 7:00 am- 10:30 am
Brunch - Sunday: 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner - Sunday to Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Dinner - Thursday to Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Lunch is served in dbar Monday- Sunday 11:00 am- 3:30 pm. Please go to dbar's website to make your booking for lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Tyler Shedden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The elegant décor reflects Café Boulud's subdued contemporary aesthetic. The room seats up to 10 guests and if you contact us we would be pleased to help you plan a customized menu suited to awaken your every palate. Our Sommelier in house will guide you through our specially selected wine cellar to find your perfect wine pairing
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 416-963-6000x
A word from Café Boulud
Located steps from Yorkville shopping, Café Boulud is open for breakfast and dinner seven nights a week and brunch on Sunday. Chef Daniel Boulud brings his renowned French cuisine to Toronto offering contemporary renditions of dishes inspired by the local market. A casual lunch is served at d|bar, also directed by Chef Boulud. d|bar is our lively bar and lounge, a perfect spot for cocktails both before or after dinner. To reserve, please go to www.opentable.com/dbar-toronto Café Boulud’s private room is available for business or personal entertaining, and the entire restaurant is available for meetings and catering during lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Café Boulud - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Café Boulud reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (138)notable wine list (85)romantic (84)good for groups (63)hot spot (50)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (34)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great brunchMichVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went there for brunch on my birthday. It was a good experience. They have the tasting menu and you can also oder a la carte. The service was the best thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service and Food :)TweetyDined on 10/18/2014My first time visiting Cafe Boulud after hearing about their crispy duckegg and suckling pig dish. Please to say I had a very enjoyable night here and would definitely come back! We ordered the crispy duck egg, foie gras, suckling pig, lobster salad and mussel cauliflower soup. All were very delicious with the crispy duck egg and foie gras being our favourite. They had a great selection of cocktail specially featured for the fall. Unfortunately the tasting menu finished as i arrived late and they also sold out of the crispy pigeon which i wanted to try. The manager And server Zac were very warm and easy to tlk to. They even gave us two complimentary dishes (smoked herring and artichoke salad).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMag19Dined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice diner at this beautiful restaurant. It's located in a Four Seasons which always garantee the best décor. The staff was very nice and they were very accomodative to one person of our group that is vegan. Exact quote: "we can do whatever you want!". You don't hear this very oftern! The food was excellent too of course.Special Features:
- Disappointing disasterAdrianDined on 10/18/2014The waiter was quick to greet me when I sat down. He then disappeared for 20 minutes. I had to flag him down to ask for a glass of water. This set the tone for the remainder of the meal: I had to flag him down for coffee, then again to take our order and every time I wanted a refill of water or coffee. I say "he" but really I should say "them" - they had a group thing going and took turns popping up with enormous lulls in between. The food was also ridiculous - a $25 salmon benny should involve more than two hollandaise-covered poached eggs plopped onto the most sparring strip of smoked salmon cast adrift in the endless sea of a white plate. UNINSPIRED!!!! (and a rip-off to boot)
- Horrible breakfast experience!3FoodiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014To start, our cappucino & latte were barely lukewarm when it came. Then we had to wait 30mins for our food to arrive when they were only 5 tables full in the whole restaurant. I asked twice, both a server and the manager, to follow-up on our order and they just acknowledged that it was coming. We ordered a vienoisserie basket, which we thought should come first if nothing else was ready, but it arrived with the rest of the order 30mins later. The belgian waffle & lemon-ricotta hotcakes had no presentation and tasted just so-so. The oeufs meurette dish was almost cold when it's presented on a hot plate. How can that be possible? There were no servers around to refill our water or ask how breakfast was. Expected more from a Four Seasons!
- Service, Service, Service!FoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had a delicious meal while visiting Toronto. Abdul-Latif provided superb service!!! Tried quite a few appys and three entrees and all were great!Special Features:
- Tasting what we have never tasted!FrenchfangirlDined on 10/17/2014We were so looking forward to our dining experience at Cafe Boulud. It surpassed our expectations in food, service and ambience. The restaurant was upscale but our servers made us very at ease. There was pleasant seating and lighting and the music and noise from the bar downstairs made it enjoyable and lively without the loudness. I had seen chef Boulud on Anthony Bourdain' s show Parts Unknown, in the episode where he visits Lyon. Finally at Cafe Boulud we tasted those wonderful ingredients and recipes we've only heard described on television. Amazing! Thank you chef Boulud!Special Features:
- SalBDined on 10/16/2014The food and service were superb! A great dining experience, though pricey.Special Features:
- Again and againMikeyGVIPDined on 10/16/2014The whole staff and kitchen of the cafe never fail to over deliver every time. It is the best French restaurant in the region hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LanaDined on 10/14/2014Thank you very much. It was friendly and warm,great wine and excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving!ml628VIPDined on 10/13/2014Everything at Cafe Boulud is always great, but for Thanksgiving Day it was, in the words of one of my guests, 'the best turkey dinner ever'. Food was delicious, wines were great and the service was the very best you could ask for, especially on a holiday! Beyond all expectations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to rate it higher...can'tJuliaDined on 10/13/2014We arrived 10 minutes early for the noon thanksgiving dinner. The place was almost empty. I would have expected to be shown to our table and been allowed to order our wine and wait. Instead we had to wait in the lobby area while the hostess and floor manager talked, looked at their computer and comments on no tables being ready. We did get to go to a table at 12:05 but that 15 minute wait didn't start the meal off as expected. Small things that made the meal not as expected added up. Rice side dish showed up long after the main course was served and we had to ask for additional wine instead of being asked if we wanted any. I must have expected a better outcome for the price involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailGailVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had an excellent, albeit not traditional, Thanksgiving meal at Cafe Boulud! The food was impeccable, the service good, and it was overall such a lovely experience in a gracious environment.Special Features:
- gemmettsDined on 10/11/2014An excellent dining experience with wonderful food, nicely paced service, and a helpful and intelligent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impress.brandcVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had yet another fabulous meal and experience at Cafe Boulud! Artichoke salad and soup delicious. Sea bass, halibut and pork all cooked to perfection and graciously served by Dennis. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning every time!KaranDined on 10/5/2014Cafe Boulud is my favourite restaurant in Toronto. Every time I go, the food never fails to meet my expectations. We always go for birthdays, anniversaries & other celebrations. However, this time, the servers did not clear all the plates before the mains came out. This is a little inconsistent to the other times I have been. The atmosphere is always very comfortable and the ambience is perfect! I cannot wait until Winterlicious! Bring back the Venison Pate from last Winterlicious please. That was divine and not I cannot find a substitute for it anywhere in the city.Special Features:
- FrugalinTorontoFrugalinTorontoDined on 10/3/2014I visited Café Boulud to celebrate my guest's birthday. I was not disappointed, the experience was excellent. I had the venison and my guest the pigeon - superb! The server was very cordial and professional with enough "lightness" to recognize she had read the mood of the table well. I was surprised that no Sommelier was obvious but our server knew the wine list well enough to handle the minor questions I had. The restaurant is directly above the bar and at the window side is exposed to the sounds from the bar. This was not a major problem but on our visit the bar was full with a number of tables who were obviously enjoying themselves. I am not a fan of two-top banquets, a few more individual tables would improve the "romantic" atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMartiniLvrVIPDined on 9/26/2014Four Seasons never fails to impress us with their seasonal market fresh menu items and their regular options like the dry aged NY strip with marrow or the lobster salad. The angolotti changes from time to time but is always absolutely delicious. Their recent addition of suckling pig offers 4 different tastes of pork from a decadent piece of blood sausage to a mouth watering pork belly. The fish offerings are always a nice alternative to steak, like the sea bass, Turbot or halibut. The appitizers are beautifully presented and fun to eat. I recently enjoyed the octopus terrine with tomato jam that blew me away. It's our go to spot for a romantic meal or just a quick dinner with our daughter as a nice ending to a day shopping Yorkdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantRobertBDined on 9/22/2014superb food and hospitality - high level cooking and service in the city in my opinionSpecial Features:
- Attention to detailolivercDined on 9/21/2014The overall experience was good and I would go back, but there were a couple of issues which could be solved easily by a little more attention to detail. For example, there were cherry pits in the salad, along with the pitted cherries. Additionally, the staff really didn't know what was on the menu well enough to answer some basic questions about the menu. One guessed and when we noticed his uncertainty he admitted he should check with the kitchen to find out; another said he didn't know the answer to another question since he was new to the job. We were surprised, due to Boulud's overall reputation and had been to two of his restaurants in NYC where these would never happen.Special Features:
- Quite a mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014My friend and I went to Cafe Bolud for Sunday brunch, expecting a relatively tranquil atmosphere to enjoy a more special brunch in a restaurant run by Michelin starred chef. In brief, the poached eggs and yogurt parfait were more ordinary than any other neighborhood diner and similarly for the service.
- Sadly disappointed this timeBrunchloverDined on 9/21/2014This was our fourth Sunday brunch and we had bragged and had our friends join this time. What a mistake! The place was packed with big groups who were treating it as their living room--blocking aisles, loudly kibitzing and TONS of kids. There were even two strollers at the same nearby table with crying babies being walked around. Our first course came out and he got the placing all wrong. We had to literally wave down our waitress to order wine for our mains. No one checked in to see how our food was. No toilet paper in one washroom...It was "off" and I was embarassed. It's the Four Seasons for goodness sakes! Last time the waiter had holes in his pants! I expect better room control, reservation control for big groups and higher end service
- Excellent dining and great winesYYZfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Had a terrific celebratory meal last Saturday night. Sweatbreads and potato wrapped Sea Bass (just how do they wrap the potato around the bass??) and partner had seared foie gras and halibut. David's champagne is lovely and we had a great Bacheleder Pinot Noir from Nuits St George. A great room for celebration - modern and not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceJdines14Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for dinner to celebrate her birthday and everything was perfect--the food was excellent and all of the staff were terrific... Our waiter was especially noteworthy--we have eaten in some very high-end restaurants, but, he set a new standard of professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDinnerfor2Dined on 9/18/2014It wasn't the best meal in Toronto, but it certainly was up there with the fit for foodies category.Special Features:
- Always greatMikeyGVIPDined on 9/18/2014The staff and the kitchen combine with Drew's sense of the wine seasons to provide a reliable and delightful dining experience every time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZecaDined on 9/16/2014Just wonderful. The food was delicious and in fact it is a beautiful restaurant. The evening was most agreable. Thank you. Claudia AntonaccioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all-around fantastic experiencesoycristinaDined on 9/15/2014This is hands-down one of the best meals I've had all year. Everything we had –from the bread basket to the entrees to dessert– was excellent. Don't miss the potato-wrapped sea bass (or at least have someone at the table order it so you can try it). Great service and notable wine list, too.Special Features:
- Good food, service spottysammyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went with a group of friends for brunch. The selection was good, but for what you got it was a little pricey and the service wasn't very attentive. I had the biscuits to start, which were NOT fluffy, they felt very Pillsbury and over-cooked but the egg omelette for my main was good. My friends had fruit and granola to start and french toast as a main, which looked good. It would've been nicer if they came by and filled up our juice and coffee, which they didn't often and when my friend asked for coffee it took a long time to bring milk and sugar. I would recommend for a nice brunch if you're willing to pay, but there are a lot of nice brunch spots downtown, so I probably won't be back again so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Pk13Dined on 9/13/2014Recently celebrated my 1 year wedding anniversary at Cafe Boulud. We ordered the tasting menu. It was a great experience. My husband and I were served a different dish in each course which only enhanced the dining experience. They also have a great brunch. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meets High ExpectationsPeterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Café Boulud continues to be excellent, and has become one of our few favourite restaurants. Expect good, creative food, good service and a pleasing dining atmosphere...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Very good experience all around. The only flaw was that the appetizer was rushed. We wanted to enjoy our pre-dinner drink, but were rushed when the appetizer came too quickly (we had asked for a bit of time). Not a big deal, however, in an overall very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great late-night dinnerbrandcVIPDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed a late dinner after attending TIFF movie. Green salad, seared foie gras and ravioli all delicious. Our server, Zack, was knowledgeable, attentive and a great conversationalist. Had a wonderful evening and lingered with some port and a complimentary cheese plate. We love Cafe Boulud and return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Big disappointment. Nothing special. However great sommelier and terrific wait staff.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Salad dressing-too salty Lamb saddle - chewy Vegetable on the plate - over cooked and uninvited Service-robotic
- Wonderful brunchGlennaDined on 9/7/2014The menu was full of tempting dishes and it was difficult to choose. The food was delectable and the service was friendly and professional. This was our fourth visit for brunch and we enjoyed it as much as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but can do bettersandyuDined on 9/7/2014It wasn't fully occupied on weekend. I made a reservation on 11:45am but I was 15 minutes late, I called them ahead and noticed them I will be there before 12:15 pm, hope they would hold the table for me. They replied that I was just wasting my time because there was another party coming 1.5 hours later, it's my own benefit to come on time. I was wrong that I'm late, but I think they can do something for me when they have so many empty places, such as delay our reservation. So I canceled exsiting one and made another reservation. Service is great but kinda slow. I requested twice to get my cream for coffee, and wait long to get refill coffee and water. Stuffs are so friendly and professional. Food is geart in such fancy place.Special Features:
- Gorgeous brunch at the Four SeasonsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014Had a delicious lunch at the Four Seasons - it was $42 including coffee/tea and an extra $8 for dessert. I thought for what I had and unlimited coffee/tea, and for a 5 star hotel, it was good value. All the staff were very friendly, and the food top notch. Nex time I visit Toronto I would definitely have brunch at the Four Seasons.Special Features:
- Chef was amazingEssenguruDined on 9/4/2014We had the taster menu and my daughter and I thought it was amazing both for the flavour, but also that each of our tastings were completely different and inspired. Also we found the entire thing quite filling to the point of we couldn't finish the desert selections, which were amazing( a basket of profiteroles, chocolate lava cake & vanilla ice cream, grapefruit mousse. Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place!GYJGDined on 8/29/2014My wife, my dqughter and I had a wonderful time in Café Boulud. Even though we used to live around there, we didn't know about that place. One of my friend recommended Café Boulud and we tried on Friday morning. Some of the hotel restaurnats are just fancy with poor quality of meals. However, our family enjoyed our meal at Café Boulud and the atmosphere was so friendly. My daughter was especially happy about the drawing and playing menu with crayons. The lady who guided us to our seats knows how to handle the kids and that really impressed us. Overall, we were very satisfied at Café Boulud and we are expecting to having a nice time again there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.