1522 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafebonaparte.com/
- Phone: 2023338830
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering services provided for private parties at home or in the office. Enjoy our delicious crepes or sandwiches made to order for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the delights of having your own cozy Parisian cafe for a private party with up to 50 friends. (even for a few hours).
- Private Party Contact: Fatima Popal 2023338830
- Entertainment: Live French Jazz the second Wednesday of every month!!!
- Special Events: Live Jazz Night Feb. 9 from 7-11
Romantic Valentine's Day Dinner. $65 Prix Fixe menu
- Cross Street: P street
- Public Transit: We're located 4 blocks north of Wisconsin Ave and M street in Georgetown between P and Volta. Accessible by the Georgetown Connector bus (get off at P street on Wisconsin Ave). Bonaparte is across the street!
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking on Wisconsin Avenue or adjacent streets in Georgetown.
A word from Cafe Bonaparte
Washington's quintessential Parisian cafe serving famous homemade crepes, gourmet coffees, specialty desserts, cocktails, and classic French bistro fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bonaparte reviews from OpenTable diners
- Amazing food! definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2012Amazing food! definitely recommend the mussel. Made an early brunch reservation, but they lost our reservation so had to wait for 30 minutes... that was annoying and the waitress was too busy! but i will return again and again for the delicious food! (crepes are to die for)Special Features:
- Went to Cafe Bonaparte forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012Went to Cafe Bonaparte for dinner the night of AU Graduation '12. The service was fantastic! Our waiter was so personable and did a great job of explaining the specials. Food came out on time and it was delicious! Our party had wonderful options to choose from due to a pretty expansive as well as inclusive menu. My husband ordered the fish special and it was amazing! My son and I ordered savory crepes and they were equally yummy! The graduate's dish was yet another delicious choice which was duck. We had a great table for four by the front window which provided us with a bistro ambiance. Can't wait to go again the next time I am in D.C. visiting the daughter.Special Features:
- There was dust in my wineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2012There was dust in my wine glass but the Budapest Crêpe was insanely good. My friend and I got there at 4:30 had drinks, then ordered food. At some point we noticed the waiter had stopped refilling our waters and we were not offered third rounds of drinks and eventually we were asked to leave because they had a reservation for the table we were occupying. It was a little awkward, but I would go back simply because the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Difficult to have a conversation.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2012Difficult to have a conversation. The tables were very close. Noise level was uncomfortable. I could over hear everyone's conversation. The crust on the quiche was hard to cut and the croque M was dry with very little cheese.. just shaved ham on a piece of dry(old?)baguette. This could have been an off day??
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2012Food and atmosphere was great - service was horrible!
- Good Enough -- Might try BrunchRaquelDined on 4/25/2012The food was good, and the restaurant was cute. I would go back, though the service was a bit too slow for a work day lunch. I'd like to try it on a weekend, when I'm not pressed for time. Though, I will not order the croque monsieur again. It was tasty, but it wasn't like any proper croque monsieur that I ejoyed in France (or at other French restaurants in the area for that matter). Serving it on a baguette is not exactly user friendly, and it needed more sauce. The fries, on the other hand, were fantastic! Overall, a cute place. Decent lunch menu, and fair prices for what you get.Special Features:
- I always enjoy coming to Caferobert253VIPDined on 4/20/2012I always enjoy coming to Cafe Bonaparte for its wonderful food and atmosphere. Its got a great location right on Wisconsin Avenue and all the food is deliciously prepared. It's a lovely place for a first or second date.Special Features:
- The steak frites were a hit.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2012The steak frites were a hit. The dining area is a bit tight and the room can get noisy, but neither should deter you from trying this treasure in the heart of Georgetown's dining district.
- Cute place but uneven serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2012Service was really slow that night. Table next to us ordered well after we did and got meals long before ours arrived. We had to remind waiter toSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, well prepared.GinnyDined on 4/6/2012Delicious food, well prepared. Prompt and joyful service. We had a nice experience here.Special Features:
- Great little place! It's justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2012Great little place! It's just tight space and difficult to get a table without reservations but the food is amazing with great presentation!Special Features:
- Cozy, intimate. Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Cozy, intimate. Great food and service. Anxious to return.Special Features:
- The muscles and French FriesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The muscles and French Fries there are to die for. The service was a bit slow, and we kept having to call the waiter over to get the check. But the food and the location/ cute set up of the restaurant were worth it.Special Features:
- This place gets it right.FoodLoverDined on 3/30/2012This place gets it right. A small space that packs a punch, the food was delicious from start to finish. Bruschetta, salad, french onion soup, bonaparte salad, mirabeau crepe and the desserts and coffee/tea all satisfied us with nothing lacking. The ambiance is great, funky, classy and just overall perfect!Special Features:
- the music list is very catchy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012the music list is very catchy. the architecture brings you in Paris. she loved it, and i had a great aftermath. Guess it works. lol EnjoySpecial Features:
- YumAKJ11Dined on 3/14/2012I ate the Lisbon crepe, and the smoked salmon was absolutely delicious. Huge portion - took a good-sized piece of leftover crepe home to enjoy later. The French press coffee was also quite nice.Special Features:
- This is a very nice, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012This is a very nice, friendly neighborhood place but the noise level is as high and as disturbing than in New York restaurants.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012My wife and I dined here to celebrate her birthday. Others have recently noted issues with service, but we had no such problems. The food was fantastic and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2012The food was excellent. The service was very slow.
- poor staffing experiencegaldcVIPDined on 2/23/2012After a dozen positive experiences, I guess we were due for a poor one. Took 15 minutes before we were asked if we wanted a drink and then 10 minutes later, we had to ask the waiter why we hadn't been served a glass of wine. He said it was a new bartender and he'd check for us. There were 2 half glasses poured from 2 different bottles on the bar (we had a full view). Told him we would skip the wine since we had wanted it before our sandwiches which were being served. His explanation was they were out of white Burgundy. The sandwiches were as good as ever.
- Great CafeNoyesDined on 2/22/2012Intimate dining, but fun, imaginative menu always with several tempting options from delicious light fare to more substantial meals.Special Features:
- Crepes are their specialty,sseatsVIPDined on 2/14/2012Crepes are their specialty, but they are mediocre. A sandwich might be a better bet, but the best bet is to go somewhere else.
- A great breakfast spot. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2012A great breakfast spot. I went on a weekday morning so we were the only people there. The food was tastySpecial Features:
- Always, always, always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2012I've been coming to this restaurant for years, and have never been disappointed. The crepes are delicious, the service is consistently good, and I ALWAYS enjoy the experience. I've been there for a romantic date, a quiet dinner with a friend or two, a meal with small children, and a big family birthday celebration. Most recently, I had a 3 1/2 hour dinner with an old friend who I hadn't seen in years. Never once did they try and rush us out of there. Our server was wonderful, our meal was fabulous, and we both left very happy. I will always recommend this place to anyone looking for a guaranteed great meal!Special Features:
- For everything I have heardalexfoodieVIPDined on 1/28/2012For everything I have heard about this place, wasn't as good as I thought it would be. REALLY tight quarters, nowhere (literally) to wait for your table to be ready, food was fine, nothing special.
- We've been numerous times.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/28/2012We've been numerous times. Great neighborhood place, although the steak was a disappointment- over cooked, and lacking much flavor. The fries were excellent; crispy but not over cooked. We hope they fix the steak flaws- had it before and was very good- maybe an off nite-Special Features:
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/27/2012Excellent food, service and atmosphere, with a European feel. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The staff was great and asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2012The staff was great and as usually the food was make to perfection. Thank you!Special Features:
- We loved Cafe Bonaparte soKrysiaVIPDined on 1/16/2012We loved Cafe Bonaparte so much, we returned two nights later. The food was exceptionally good and the service wonderful (Katya, Amber, and Augusto); the ambience transported us back to Paris. We plan to return every time we visit Washington, D. C. We had one of the best restaurant experiences that we have had for years.Special Features:
- When they are busy -- it isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2012When they are busy -- it is noisy. Thought lunch on a Monday would be quiet but lunch on a holiday Monday is busy -- and not quiet. It was hard to hear the person sitting right across from me.
- Love eating here!! The waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2012Love eating here!! The wait is never long and always worth it. Make sure to order a nutella cappuccino for a real treat.Special Features:
- The food was nice, and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2012The food was nice, and they had a great selection of crepes. The servers were very attentive even at the 11pm hour.Special Features:
- Cafe Bonaparte was reallyanikanVIPDined on 1/13/2012Cafe Bonaparte was really nice. There is no much room but the place was full most of night. Food was excellent although my firend did not like the chocolate creme brulee. She expected a regular one. We had a great time overall.Special Features:
- Even though I read my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2012Even though I read my reservation timing incorrectly and came 12 hours early (it was 10:30 PM not AM), I was still seated (even though the restaurant was clearly busy and full) and the service/food was great! I'm a big fan of Cafe Bonaparte!Special Features:
- Staff and food were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011Staff and food were excellent! Will definitely return.
- Good food. Terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2011The food was above average and I would go back. We had a terrible server and horrible service but maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood bistro.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/17/2011Great neighborhood bistro. Service is friendly, if a little slow.Special Features:
- As always, the food was good,BrandanWHDined on 12/15/2011As always, the food was good, especially the french fries and the sweet crepes!Special Features:
- Quaint and cozy but stillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2011Quaint and cozy but still energetic. A great place to go with a friend or on a date and be surrounded by a great atmosphere and good food. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My friend and I each orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011My friend and I each ordered one of the savoury crepes and split them. The ingredients were fresh; the flavors were distinctive, rich and subtle; we were in heaven. I felt like I was back in Brittany. One crepe with the complementary side salad makes a meal, and the wine selection seemed quite good as well. Outstanding food at a very reasonable price.Special Features: