466 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blossomnyc.com/cafeblossom.php
- Phone: 2128752600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Vegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater! Contact us to provide cruelty-free cuisine to your guests for weddings, dinner events, business meetings, cocktail hour, art-openings, birthdays, etc. email us at email@example.com or call 212-875-2600
A word from Cafe Blossom
Innovative Organic Vegan Cuisine. We’re certified Kosher through the International Kosher Council.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sad it's closingWFoodieDined on 5/7/2014Excellent organic food in a simple comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseGoodforachangeDined on 5/7/2014We've always enjoyed Blossom Cafe. Of the 3 branches the Cafe had on the menu a vegan "Cheese burger with onions and mushrooms" It is always delicious and a special treat for somebody like me who keeps kosher and this is the closest thing I can get to a "Cheese burger" It's not on the other Blossom restaurants' menu. Consequently we're sad to see you close.Special Features:
- Plant-based deliciousnessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Can't say enough about Blossom! The taste and presentation of the food was fantastic. And it was a big hit with our non-veg dining companions,too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent food and service! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sorry to hear they're leavingRayUWSVIPDined on 5/2/2014Interesting preparation of foods and a nice alternative to traditional fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sad it's closing!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2014another lovely Blossom dinner! sorry to see you go....Special Features:
- Cafe Blossom-Surprisingly Relaxed!KsVeganFindsDined on 5/1/2014After reading several reviews, I expected to find myself in a noisy, rushed, crowded atmosphere at Cafe Blossom, even allowing extra time to deal with possible delays. Instead, when I arrived at 5:00 PM, this past Thursday, before going to my Met Opera, which was within reasonable walking distance, I was delighted to find that the ambience was calm, friendly, and quiet, with quick attentive service and delicious food. I thoroughly enjoyed my very relaxed meal, there. I do hope to come back to this terrific vegan find, soon, so that I can try some of the other wonderful-sounding dishes on their menu.Special Features:
- Vegan for Allwizard77Dined on 4/27/2014Hard to believe its vegan food, this vegan restaurant is a favorite of mine and many others. It is clean and the service is excellent. I'm not such a fan of tofu or related items but I always find something yummy to eat. The health "cocktails" are a delight. Fun place to hang. Pretty $$$$$.Special Features:
- Lovely neighborhood placelovestoeathealthyDined on 4/26/2014Veggie lasagne without noodles is the best dish. Quinoa special also very good.Special Features:
- not just for veggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2014My cousin introduced us to this wonderful neighborhood restaurant. From the appetizers to the entrees, everything was yummy and creatively prepared. It's a vegan restaurant that doesn't try to make everything taste like meat; instead, it lets veggie flavors shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegan vonderlandJerzySureJeffDined on 4/18/2014We took our daughter there on her 18th birthday before going to see Wicked. It was a ten minute cab ride to the theater, so it was very convenient. After walking through Central Park we arrived 40 minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately on a Friday night. The food was very good, not too much and not too expensive and the employees most friendly. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDelDined on 4/17/2014This is by far one of the best VEGAN restaurants in NYC. everything on the Menu is delicious. I wish i knew how to cook that well. it's so satisfying knowing nothing you put in your mouth comes from the cruelty to animals. i always recommend this restaurant and take many non-vegan people to eat there, they really are surprised how delicious vegan food really is and i always hope i have opened their blind eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fair, overallArtDodger1Dined on 4/16/2014Inconsistent quality, with an excellent seitan entree; a tasteless lasagna; a weak salad; and a mediocre chianti.Special Features:
- always keep coming back!PianKnistDined on 4/14/2014This place is my favorite place to meet friends for a lunch. I've booked probably 10 times. It's perfect atmosphere. Enough said!Special Features:
- Great service; yummy burgersNicdoesVegVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great food - my burger was amazing. The quinoa salad with tofu was a little too cold for my liking (including the grilled tofu that was supposed to be warm). I would return, but will not be ordering a salad; hot food only!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!kaitDined on 4/12/2014Not just one of the best vegan restaurants in the city, but one of the best restaurants in the city, period.Special Features:
- Great vegan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Food was delicious.....creative. So good yo eat something other than pasta smothered in cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, could be more flavoredblossomchildDined on 4/5/2014I had a good time at Blossom. My service was impeccable: swift, polite, not too much hankering but enough checking in. I even finished reading a book there. The cashew sauce pasta I ordered was good. It could have had more salt and more pepper. Just more flavor, any flavor. I love the tomatoes and the sauce but the whole thing as I chewed just lacked any real flavor. Perhaps they could boil the pasta in a broth. I loved my cookie dough milk shake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan HeavenJoyceDined on 4/5/2014I selected Cafe Blossom for a special occasion for both my daughter and son-in-law because they embraced the vegan life. It has been our experience that it is difficult to find restaurants that offer suitable vegan options. Cafe Blossom has a solely dedicated vegan menu with enough options for anyone who enjoys vegetables. The service was very good and attentive. Our server able to explain anything on the menu. The restaurant itself is located in a very vibrant part of the Upper West side. Our experience was relaxed and enjoyable!Special Features:
- Thank You, Cafe Blossom!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I had reservations for six, but one guest couldn't make it and two more were very late. With these complications, the waitstaff was very helpful. And the food was great! I had the French toast but tried some of the grilled cheese as well - both amazing. Two of our guests were non-vegan - one eats meat - and they loved it. I plan on coming back! Thanks for the great food and service.Special Features:
- Our waitress was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Our waitress was amazing. Great recommendations n friendly. Passionate about her vegan lifestyle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014This is a gem of the upper west side. Great menu with tons of choices for vegans. No animal products served at all so vegans are safe to try anything! The Cape Cod Cakes are excellent and be sure to ask what the soup of the day is. There are usually 2 delicious choices. The chocolate cake is phenomenal! Go! Make a reservation -the secret is out so it gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vegan BrunchamaegerberDined on 3/29/2014Had a great experience at Cafe Blossom. My husband and I met another couple there for brunch. They're vegan, and we're not, so we wanted something that would work for everyone. Despite the entire menu being vegan, my husband enjoyed every bite, and he's not very adventurous. He loved the blueberry pancakes, and I was very happy with the Country Breakfast. I would suggest anyone visit this restaurant, as everyone will find something they enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Vegan RestaurantSensitivePoetTypeDined on 3/28/2014Charming place; great service; excellent food. Would definitely return. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- My go-to dinner spot!miscmelDined on 3/22/2014I am obsessed with Cafe Blossom. I have never tried a dish that I didn't like. That being said, my absolute favorites are the soy bacon cheeseburger & butterfinger milkshake. Can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay serviceJamesDined on 3/17/2014Visited on a relatively slow Monday evening, with no reservation necessary. The hostess was great and let us choose our preferred seat out of the open tables. Everything served was fantastic. The flavor profile on all the dishes ordered at the table was spot on, and one of the best meals I've had in a while (if not ever!). The only thing that could be improved on was the server, who took a while to greet us and, after taking the check, did not ask if we needed change or bother to thank us on our way out. After we payed it was as if we did not exist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findtori815Dined on 3/14/2014I found out about this place online. I dined here with my dad. The service was great. Our server was really friendly and helpful. The food came really fast. I got the breaded seitan with caramelized onions, chipotle aiole, and avocado on rosemary foccacia. My dad got the soy bacon cheeseburger. We both loved our meals. And we were really glad we could get our desserts to go, because we were very full. We both got milkshakes. I got dreamsicle, and my dad got butterfinger. Once again, our food was delicious. I would definitely come back, as there were more food I was interested in trying there.Special Features:
- Healthy and affordablePhilVIPDined on 3/12/2014Great service, wonderful health options (ALL), and gentle atmosphere. All three in one place are rare find in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Experience!CEM92Dined on 3/10/2014The food here was absolutely beautiful. Perfect for vegans and omnis alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food tastes great, imaginativeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Food tastes great, imaginative food creations. Had an early dinner and it was not crowded, waiter was personable and listened well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Food is absolutely delicious! So great to have healthy food taste so good! You would never even think you're missing out - has everything and it's all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love all of the Blossom locations!KB1309Dined on 3/9/2014Love all of the Blossom locations! Had a birthday brunch recently with two non-vegans and they loved it just as much as I did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cute place for Vegans/VegetariansVSaraviaDined on 3/9/2014As a new Vegan, I have just begun exploring NYC for restaurants, cafes, etc to try out. This was my first experience and I completely loved it. My partner is not a Vegan and he enjoyed his meal. Good portions, awesome options and great presentation. The juicer was not working that day, which would have been a plus, but I would recommend and go to again.Special Features:
- Best vegan food in NYC!DeedeeDined on 3/7/2014The food is the best vegan food I have had in NYC. The service is wonderful. The ambiance is fair. The tables Are close together and not terribly conducive to lingering, which would be nice, after such an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Wait staff was accommodatingChevrockDined on 3/3/2014Wait staff was accommodating and offered suggestions with regard to food sensitivitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious organic vegan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2014Loved this healthy, yummy cafe. Kale salad, daily soups, quinoa salad and fresh juices were all fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing food. So fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Amazing food. So fresh and delicious. I eat a plant-based/vegan diet and found the food absolutely delicious. My brother, a total carnivore, enjoyed his meal as well. I would totally reccommend this place for vegans, non-vegans, and all those skeptics who think a good meal needs animals - it doesn't! And this place makes you realize that. I had the quinoa salad, sweet potato rolls, and a side of kale. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Just as I expectedNancyDined on 2/27/2014Took friends from out of town one vegetarian, both foodies. Lived it vegetarian noodle-less lasagna great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Blossom-Vegetarian Bliss!peggypDined on 2/27/2014Love eating at Cafe Blossom. There are so many delicious choices for a vegetarian. The mushroom ravioli appetizer is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewlaziestveganDined on 2/25/2014I am personally not vegan, but I love going to cafe blossom! The food is fantastic and all reasonably priced for a restaurant in upper west side Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.