Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
14016 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: (818) 788-3536
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch:11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with maximum capacity of 55. Two, semi-private rooms: Room #1: 45 maximum capacity, Room #2: 30 maximum capacity
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Herrera 8187883536
A word from Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
Come enjoy the Cafe Bizou experience located in Sherman Oaks. At Cafe Bizou, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (182)special occasion (133)good for groups (116)fit for foodies (106)great for lunch (78)romantic (66)great for brunch (59)hot spot (20)late-night find (17)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- CelebrationsHarvVIPDined on 11/23/2014We were 3 couples. Two of us celebrated our 11/20 anniversaries plus a birthday too. The wait staff went all out, bringing us 4 desserts to share after a fabulous meal. Nobody complained about the excellent food: monkfish, short ribs, pasta and their lobster bisque is always my favorite. We can't wait to go back as we've been enjoying this place for over 20 years.Special Features:
- Consistently a wonderful experiencez1466VIPDined on 11/22/2014Café Bizou once again proved itself to provide a delightful experience. The service, food and ambiance are amazing. They always go the extra mile to make their customers happy. Another great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!KirkDined on 11/22/2014I can't recommend this restaurant strongly enough. Everything was perfect. We were seated almost immediately upon arrival, our waiter was attentive and informative, and the meal itself was wonderful, even the coffee! My wife and I both felt we hadn't had a dining experience this good since our spring trip to Europe. We don't live very close, but we still hope to visit Cafe Bizou again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good pricekathe90035VIPDined on 11/22/2014We both had the chicken curry salad, very good. Service was attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALways greatSoCalSueDined on 11/20/2014I've been here many times and keep coming back because food and service are both great. 3 of us shared the sampler appetizer platter and it was awesome then we shared crusted salmon on potato pancake and the seared ahi both were perfectly cooked. The service was exceptional as well. I requested a 'quiet area' table and we were put in the perfect spot so old friends getting together were able to catch up and actually hear each other unlike many other restaurants these daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere & service extensive menu optionsmcmdesigngirlDined on 11/16/2014...i chose the asian pear salad and macadamia nut encrusted halibut, both were yummy! flourless chocolate cake for dessert also yummy....the wine options were also very nice, for those choosing to bring their own wine choice they have an inexpensive corkage fee .... dimly lit, cozy warm and relaxing yet a vibrant energy...there were large party celebrations as well as cozy nooks for date night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expect to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This was our first time trying Café Bizou. We made reservations for 2 at 8:30 (we arrived at 8:25) but we weren't seated until just after 9:00. We also overheard a woman saying she had reservations for 7:45 and she wasn't seated until after 8:45. Our service was okay but that's to be expected on a busy night so that didn't bother us. The food was good- the bread was amazing, I had pasta and I was happy with my selection, my boyfriend had French onion soup which was quite good, and he also had the New York steak but we were unimpressed by that. The bread pudding, however, was INCREDIBLE!!! Overall, I would recommend Café Bizou. The only thing that truly bothered me was having to wait over 30 minutes for a table when we had made reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toluca Lake DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Enjoy this restaurant as it has good food, at an affordable price, and a $2.00 wine corkage fee. This gives the restaurant an advantage over others in the neighborhood, so it is very crowded in the evening, with standing room only until a table is ready. They ran out of their daily special by the 8:00 pm sitting, so we had to alter our choices from the menu. The food is tasty, the service friendly and good, so the pluses outweigh the minuses. This is why we are return diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- packed in like sardinesnotafoodieDined on 11/15/2014Café Bizou is too crowded. Even with a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. The food was not worth waiting for. My friend's food (chicken dish) was cold-like out of the refrigerator cold- Our waiter was surprised when he touched it. I won't make an effort to return. Our server was very nice and attentive, I give him 5 stars.
- Best Bet Affordable Choice for GroupPsjayneDined on 11/15/2014We had a group of 8 booked for a birthday celebration. The menu allows not only for a large variety from which to choose, but also main course size. Along with the main course you can get add a side salad for $1.00-$2.00. The price fixed course meal was just pennies above the main course plus if you wanted more again you could add the side salad. Plus...corkage is only $2.00. The food is really good...not gourmet, but good! And, you can't beat the price even with valet $5.00 parking. With this said, the place is packed. We had a reservation but still waited for 30 minutes. The waiting area is small compared to the number of guests waiting so be prepared for a crunch, at least on a weekend. Our table for 8 was in a corner, good because we could talk in the higher level noise room, and hats off to the wait staff. They are on the ball. Food was delivered to all guests at once and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love having lunch here!CrystalMDined on 11/14/2014The choices are great. The food is eclectic from a full entrée to a fig, raspberry, goat cheese and shrimp salad. Amazing service, prompt seating with reservations. I am so happy Café is in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long WaitJackDined on 11/8/2014It took them 45 after the resevation to get us seated.
- love!MichelleMackDined on 11/6/2014One of my favorite spots to go with close friends any day of the week. I love how we can bring our own wine and pay a corkage fee. Definitely convenient and I love it.
- Always a pleasureBobBDined on 11/6/2014Love coming here. Exceptional value with great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014as usual, we enjoyed our anniversary and especially the food.Special Features:
- bellaVIPDined on 11/2/2014This has been an incredibly consistent restaurant with very reasonable prices. Still have the $1. salad, and you can BYOB, with a corkage fee of $2. Is that a bargain, or not??? Always busy and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding atmosphere8satisfiedDined on 10/30/2014The food is consistently fantastic. The service is quick but not rushed. My group was delighted with everything. Keep up with the great care that you show your clientele.Special Features:
- Easy lunch & early diningBusinessDined on 10/29/2014Comfortable and quiet location for lunch meeting. Quick but not rushed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barbydollVIPDined on 10/29/2014I have been to Cafe Bizou many times very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodLikes2eatVIPDined on 10/28/2014I haven't been here for years as I no longer live nearby, so it was a treat to return to an old neighborhood favorite. I love the white linen tablecloths , friendly wait staff, the $ 18.00 pre fix 3 course lunch ( plus regular menu, if you prefer) and best of all, they still have a $2.00 wine corkage fee. I'm hoping they open one in the North west Valley or Simi Valley area.Special Features:
- always good!ladybirdDined on 10/27/2014We've been going to cafe bizou for close to 20 years and it never fails to impress. The food is always excellent as is the service. Sometimes you forget about a neighborhood gem and go around trying all the new places. But we always come back to Bizou!Special Features:
- love itgaryDined on 10/25/2014This is really a great restaurant. Tablecloths, napkins, good ambiance, and I have never been disappointed in the food. And the bonus is a wine corkage of $2. I love the spicy chicken fettucine, and my wife loves the steak au pouive. the chicken curry salad at lunch is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gemSpitzerCRDined on 10/25/2014Overall a great experience. Food was cooked perfectly to how I requested it. Service was good. The only negative was outside of the reataurants control. We sat next to "window" between the bar and dining area. Unforunately certain patrons thought staring right over table to people watch was acceptable. I saw others ask to move and would do the same. Would still happily return in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Splendid, Intimate TreasureRip0511Dined on 10/23/2014I chose Cafe Bizou as a convenient location to meet a friend for dinner. I never expected the quiet elegance, great service, and excellent cuisine. I had the excellent duck; my friend raved over her sweetbreads. Had I been aware of the miniscule corkage charge, I would have brought a bottle of wine. The low volume of sound made conversation enjoyable. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date destinationmarkDined on 10/23/2014I was there for a first/blind date. I asked for a romantic spot and we were given a reasonably private table on the patio. The waiter was very solicitous without being intrusive, and the food was very good, if not particularly inventive. My date's choice was a salmon steak with crusted scalloped potatoes. I had the steak au poivre, which was tender and cooked well, though the sauce was a bit mild for my taste. It came with mashed potatoes which were unexceptional and spinach, which was quite good. I would have preferred shoestring pommes frites to the slightly mealy mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodfanDined on 10/22/2014We went here on the spur of the moment and had a great meal. Our waiter Herb made some suggestions on the menu that were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Our Place"NanciiiDined on 10/21/2014This is the favorite dinner place for my best friend and me. If you don't know it, make a rez and go! You'll love the food and the prices, too~!! NanciiiSpecial Features:
- ExplorerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always good food and reasonably priced. Especially love the corkage $2. Pasta with seafood was excellent as was the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a delicious mealCowittDined on 10/19/2014The seven of us all enjoyed our meals. 3 people had lamb chops, one person had their steamed vegetable dish, one person had tuna tartar and 2 people had various meat dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was a busy Saturday night so there was a lot of hustle and bustle. It's such a small place that we were practically sharing a table with another couple. it was difficult not to get bumped by a server or other patron. The food is great and well priced. Overall experience is outstanding. This was our second visit, weekday evenings are still quite busy but not quite so packed in.Special Features:
- Good French restaurantLa1960VIPDined on 10/18/2014It was a very busy Saturday night, but we were seated fairly quickly. There were lots of regulars here, but we were treated just the same as if we had been coming here forever, although it was our first time. The $28. prix fix was a good deal, but the piece of salmon was WAY too small. Stingy small. Other than that, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 10/17/2014It is worth the drive from Hollywood. Good value and good food. The $2.00 corkage is the frosting on the cake. We usually go to their Pasadena venue, but we had an appointment in Sherman Oaks, so this worked out fine. The escargot was the best we have ever had at either locations. The service was timely without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect MealCanonjohn3Dined on 10/16/2014Our family gathering to celebrate a marriage was treated like royalty. The waiters had a perfect sense of timing and grace. The food was delicious. The low corkage fee invited us to bring some of our favorite bottles to enjoy. I am from CT and I have never experienced such ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.MCL1Dined on 10/15/2014I find that Cafe Bizou is very consistent with its good food (some items like the escargots, sand dabs and Tarte Tatin are great, everything else I've every tried has always been good or very good. The $2 corking fee allows for you to have your favorite wine with your meal at an affordable price....amazing deal! The only drawback is that it is a bit on the noisy side, particularly on Friday and Saturday nighs when it's packed. Overall, however, it's a gem in the neighborhood and I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantReyNegahbanDined on 10/15/2014I am going to Bizou for more than 10 years. Every birthday of my family have been and will be in this restaurant. Owner of restaurant is a professional and kind person who is always on top of everything. And the FOOD; there is no other restaurant you can find having their food, extremely reasonable price, and amazing service, even during last 10 years they had many different people, meantime due to great management, they are all great and provide the best professional and friendly service. Overall, living in city of Los Angeles for about 40 years, there is no other restaurant is like BIzou. They are the best ion the west.Special Features:
- Delightful neighborhood spotChampagneDined on 10/12/2014Thought it was a little too loud, and the service this particular night (Sunday) a little shoddy (though he was waiting a huge party right next to us), we like this place very much. Nice, varied menu, fair wine list (Champagne list could use expanding), very friendly. My food that night had sat under the warmer a bit too long, but they were slammed and I'd never seen the place so full for such an extended length of time (it was still packed at 9:15 ... every table filled).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening!tastygalDined on 10/12/2014We were dining with another couple. The restaurant was busy, but we were able to talk and listen easily. The waiter was friendly and helpful with his suggestions. The food was delicious and the corkage fee unbeatable! We have been here before and wouldn't hesitate to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014We came here to celebrate two family birthdays. We had a terrific round table near a window and all 8 of us were able to see each other and talk! The food was delicious. Our server was very attentive and went out of her way to accommodate two children. She brought us 2 incredible flour less chocolate cakes to share for the birthdays. Everyone had a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 Service, Inconsistent FoodFeedMeNowDined on 10/12/2014Service is always great, the food and the sauces that are good are (my opinion only) very good. But the meals are often spotty. The prime rib seems to thankfully be gone from the menu now. The last two times we had the Sunday special Beef Wellington it was under cooked. The vegetables will be somewhere between and great and meh -- the other day the asparagus was woody. You get the idea. This sounds like a bad review, but the restaurant acoustics make it possible to have a conversation with your table guests even when the room is full, and the service is unfailingly good. We'll keep periodically returning, but it would be nice if they could clean up the food inconsistencies.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!AREVIEWERDined on 10/8/2014Everyone from the person who greeted us, the bartender and the person who served water to the server was outstanding and helped make a special occasion a wonderful experience.Special Features: