Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
14016 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: 8187883536
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch:11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with maximum capacity of 55. Two, semi-private rooms: Room #1: 45 maximum capacity, Room #2: 30 maximum capacity
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Herrera 8187883536
A word from Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
Come enjoy the Cafe Bizou experience located in Sherman Oaks. At Cafe Bizou, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (210)special occasion (147)great for lunch (127)good for groups (119)fit for foodies (118)romantic (86)great for brunch (84)hot spot (23)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- Neighborhood GemDellDavisDined on 9/14/2014this restaurant has probably been the most successful in sherman oaks over the past 20 years because of its quality:value ratio. Food is above average (mixed american incl seafood) , the ambiance is very warm and can be quite romantic at times, the drinks are moderately priced and full, and the corkage fee is about $6 (and that was the charge for the 3 bottles of wine I brought last time). the place is always packed. there's a reason!Special Features:
- Love Cafe Bizou!hbb123Dined on 9/12/2014My favorite restaurant in the valley - fabulous food at a reasonable price with an excellent ambiance.Special Features:
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Cafe Bizou has been around for years, is not hip or trendy, and has a clientele of mostly folks past 40. But the food is solidly good and the value is unsurpassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prix fixed meals!tiramisuVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here for the $16 prix fixed lunch (Sept/Oct) which is the best deal in town! Delicious food, great service, 2hrs free parking on the street around the corner.Special Features:
- LunchaminlaVIPDined on 9/6/2014A group of 7 of us met for lunch. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and everything was excellent, plus the prices were reasonable. Whereas one of our friends felt that the server was a bit brusque in his demeanor, otherwise we had a terrific lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful, consistent experiencez1466Dined on 9/6/2014Café Bizou is consistently a wonderful dining experience! The food is delicious, the $2.00 corkage fee can't be beat and the servers down to the entry wait staff are professional and polished. We will return again and again!Special Features:
- Our Evening at Cafe BizouBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to celebrate a family birthday. We had a small group. Everyone we interacted with was great, starting with the Valets, the hostess, the waiter and support staff. EVERYONE enjoyed their meal. It was a terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ALWAYSskluvsfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've been coming here for years & not once have I ever been disappointed. Took friends for the 1st time & they were raving about the stellar food. Service was good and we always leave here happy. This is definitely a "gem of a restaurant".Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisegolf4meDined on 9/5/2014We were very pleased with the service, food and ambiance. Yes the crowd seems a bit more mature, but then so am I. Our 23 year old daughter and daughter in law plus our 25 year old son thought the place was great.Special Features:
- Alway enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Cafe Bizou has a good choice of food. Specials are particularly good. It's a good place to celebrate with family and friends. The corkage policy really makes it affordable. I particularly like the sea bass special, the steak au pore--what a wonderful sauce, the French Onion Soup. It can get very crowded with a long wait late on a weekend night, but it's worth the wait. The wait staff is always helpful and prompt.Special Features:
- WaterburyGuyDined on 9/4/2014We've been eating here for years and plan to continue. It's impossible to find fault. If you haven't tried it, don't wait. There were 3 for lunch this past Thursday, Pasta with Lobster Shrimp Sauce, Beef Stroganov, and Sesame Seed Coated Salmon over Potato Pancakes with a Burgundy Mushroom Sauce. Thankfully we weren't sitting under the sprinklers because the sparks from our cutlery would have activated the system. Clean plates all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRoygbivDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is a gem. The food, service, and value all are excellent. We eat here fairly often, and always have a pleasurable meal.Special Features:
- A classicAperitifDined on 8/31/2014After 27 years it is still a gem. The owner makes you feel special and the food is amazing great service too. And so reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartySheila8hereDined on 8/31/2014Took a party of 8 to celebrate 3 birthdays. Some of us ordered the prix fixe lunch (excellent choices), some the brunch specials, and some just breakfast. We all enjoyed our food. Service was a little unbalanced as course 2 followed course 1 very quickly and then a long wait for dessert. But all 3 celebrants enjoyed their free desserts and our waiter, Matthew, couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. $5 for valet parking at lunch is a little steep but street parking is very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest place ever!!Gabby7Dined on 8/30/2014I went on saturday night with my family. It was my mom's birthday; the server was very polite. My 2 years old loved the ambient, he was sitting down the whole. The best tasting food I have ever tried. Overall great service!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FAV SO FARcherbucksDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I absolutely love the Parmesean crusted Sand Dabs with the mashed potatoes and the vegetables you cook. PLEASE Don't change a thing!!! Beautifully prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was to die for! My roasted pork tenderloin was perfectly cooked and the mashed potatoes needed nothing added to them. Although we were sat very quickly which I appreciate, the table we were sat at was not to my liking. It was a small table in the corner of the restaurant that was crowded by other tables. I did not say anything because my girlfriend was fine with the table. Our server was nice but there were lapses of time I which she would disappear. So the wait time was a bit long. Overall, it was a nice experience, especially because of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunnyactorDined on 8/27/2014Cafe Bizou is consistently top notch. The service is gracious and efficient, and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Cafe Bizou is consitantly good. This wasn't their best night ever, but still good. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Loved this place!MashaDined on 8/24/2014This is my new favorite spot! Great food, great service , great prices! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love cafe bizou in Sherman OaksBedrosDined on 8/23/2014We have visited this restaurant on many occasions. We always leave telling ourselves we love this place. This is a great neighborhood gem. Great food, very reasonable prices, terrific staff, and 2 dollars corkage fee. You just can't go wrong with it. There are two of these reataurants, one in Sherman oaks and one Pasadena. We have tried the one in Pasadena a couple of times... It's pales in comparison to the one in Sherman Oaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodGrniizDined on 8/23/2014We always have to wait around 10-15 minutes past our reservation time for a table, but people-watching is fun, and it's worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Why don't I get Open Table points for this reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceGourmeterVIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed celebrating our dear friend's 91st birthday with him and his lovely wife. It was a perfect evening with outstanding food prepared hot and delicious, provided by excellent servers. We were sorry to have the Cafe Bizou in our Santa Monica neighborhood close but at least we could still travel to Sherman Oaks for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal on Ventura Blvd.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This place was definitely crowded at 8 on a Froday night, but by 9, had begun to thin out. Great service, reasonable prices, and a menu with many options make this a great place for old school French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Bizou is wonderful!LigerMomDined on 8/21/2014This restaurants never fails to please. From the minute we walk in the door to when we leave the entire experience is delightful...and the food is fabulous and reasonably priced. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- once againbevrepsDined on 8/21/2014always a great go to place for any occasion - this time it was dinner with frindsSpecial Features:
- One of my 'Go To' placesDisappointedDined on 8/20/2014I first ate dinner at Café Bizou way back in 1994. I've been back many times since then. So, for my birthday dinner, I chose Bizou. I had lobster bisque (my favorite) and one of the specials - Beef Wellington, which was served with twice-baked potatoes and asparagus. Very good. Every time I drive by Café Bizou, it always seems to be busy. I think it might be due to the old, "if it isn't broken, don't mess with it" kind of things. Anyway, I enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The staff was so accommodating, everything was as perfect as can be.Special Features:
- Enjoyable LuncheonDickDined on 8/20/2014Good food, excellent value, good service, have enjoyed lunch and dinner here many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Cafe Bizou is always dependable for a pleasant dining experience. The service is wonderful as is the food. It's comfortable and peaceful.Special Features:
- Best in Sherman OaksHappyDinersDined on 8/17/2014Cafe Bizou is a little gem! Superb food and reasonable prices for the quality and selection.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch PerfectionBroadwayFanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Lovely little hamlet for a delicious hearty brunch that kept me fueled all day! The service was extremely attentive and fast - really great!Special Features:
- Extension of DineLA MenuDineLAinAugustDined on 8/16/2014Every DineLA, we try to go to new restaurants, but always include Café Bizou. Their DineLA menu is perfect, a great value. For some reason, we missed it this past DineLA so were thrilled that they decided to extend the menu through August.Special Features:
- FABULOUS AS ALWAYSuclawgDined on 8/16/2014Cafe Bizou extended their Dine LA menu including this past weekend. A 3 course steak and lobster tail meal was $35.00. Outstanding food and value. Favorite place.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal!valleymomVIPDined on 8/16/2014What can be said about Café Bizou that hasn't already been said? The fact that it has been in business for all these years and is always busy is testimony enough. New restaurants come and go on Ventura Blvd. but Café Bizou endures.Special Features:
- BIZOU YUMMYcherbucksDined on 8/16/2014Our party had the Sand Dabs regular and the Parmesan Crusted Sand Dabs and the Pork Loin. Delicious!!! We will be back. Loved the Mash Potatoes and the choices of veggies that put with the meal. Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We have been coming here for many years and the service, prices, and good food are outstanding. None of us live in the "neighborhood" if you will, coming from Simi Valley to the Valley. Our only thought this time was that we were not "inside" and had some trouble hearing as we were so close to the bar. Nest time we will ask for a different area. Keep up the good food, reasonable prices and the $2 corking fee. Our other friends come from Mar Vista.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a top favoriteGioFromLADined on 8/14/2014I don't recall how we found Cafe Bizou, but we are sure happy that we did. It provides consistently great food and service at amazingly low prices. This is where we bring our out-of-town guests, and they are always very pleased as there is something for everyone. We are partial to the fish dishes. Some of the food items like the stuffed mushroom appetizers are just so delicious we wonder how they make them! Then you add in some special menus for Holidays and the ridiculously low $2 corkage fee and you have a total winner. Be sure to make reservations - it can be totally packed on any night. The only negative is the usual non-existence of parking along Ventura Blvd, so we just give the car to the excellent valets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorites!!NanciiiDined on 8/13/2014Went to dinner Wednesday evening- my dinner companion and best friend is on this very strict diet and they totally accommodated her needs while just ate everything in sight (Had the monkfish which I love their preparation. ) Just make a res ang go! best food for the price and quality of service ANYWERE in LA.!!~Special Features: