Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
14016 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: 8187883536
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch:11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with maximum capacity of 55. Two, semi-private rooms: Room #1: 45 maximum capacity, Room #2: 30 maximum capacity
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Herrera 8187883536
A word from Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks
Come enjoy the Cafe Bizou experience located in Sherman Oaks. At Cafe Bizou, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Cafe Bizou - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (210)special occasion (147)good for groups (132)great for lunch (118)fit for foodies (115)romantic (79)great for brunch (75)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (20)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 10/17/2014It is worth the drive from Hollywood. Good value and good food. The $2.00 corkage is the frosting on the cake. We usually go to their Pasadena venue, but we had an appointment in Sherman Oaks, so this worked out fine. The escargot was the best we have ever had at either locations. The service was timely without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014Our family gathering to celebrate a marriage was treated like royalty. The waiters had a perfect sense of timing and grace. The food was delicious. The low corkage fee invited us to bring some of our favorite bottles to enjoy. I am from CT and I have never experienced such ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.MCL1Dined on 10/15/2014I find that Cafe Bizou is very consistent with its good food (some items like the escargots, sand dabs and Tarte Tatin are great, everything else I've every tried has always been good or very good. The $2 corking fee allows for you to have your favorite wine with your meal at an affordable price....amazing deal! The only drawback is that it is a bit on the noisy side, particularly on Friday and Saturday nighs when it's packed. Overall, however, it's a gem in the neighborhood and I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I am going to Bizou for more than 10 years. Every birthday of my family have been and will be in this restaurant. Owner of restaurant is a professional and kind person who is always on top of everything. And the FOOD; there is no other restaurant you can find having their food, extremely reasonable price, and amazing service, even during last 10 years they had many different people, meantime due to great management, they are all great and provide the best professional and friendly service. Overall, living in city of Los Angeles for about 40 years, there is no other restaurant is like BIzou. They are the best ion the west.Special Features:
- Delightful neighborhood spotChampagneDined on 10/12/2014Thought it was a little too loud, and the service this particular night (Sunday) a little shoddy (though he was waiting a huge party right next to us), we like this place very much. Nice, varied menu, fair wine list (Champagne list could use expanding), very friendly. My food that night had sat under the warmer a bit too long, but they were slammed and I'd never seen the place so full for such an extended length of time (it was still packed at 9:15 ... every table filled).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening!tastygalDined on 10/12/2014We were dining with another couple. The restaurant was busy, but we were able to talk and listen easily. The waiter was friendly and helpful with his suggestions. The food was delicious and the corkage fee unbeatable! We have been here before and wouldn't hesitate to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014We came here to celebrate two family birthdays. We had a terrific round table near a window and all 8 of us were able to see each other and talk! The food was delicious. Our server was very attentive and went out of her way to accommodate two children. She brought us 2 incredible flour less chocolate cakes to share for the birthdays. Everyone had a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 Service, Inconsistent FoodFeedMeNowDined on 10/12/2014Service is always great, the food and the sauces that are good are (my opinion only) very good. But the meals are often spotty. The prime rib seems to thankfully be gone from the menu now. The last two times we had the Sunday special Beef Wellington it was under cooked. The vegetables will be somewhere between and great and meh -- the other day the asparagus was woody. You get the idea. This sounds like a bad review, but the restaurant acoustics make it possible to have a conversation with your table guests even when the room is full, and the service is unfailingly good. We'll keep periodically returning, but it would be nice if they could clean up the food inconsistencies.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!AREVIEWERDined on 10/8/2014Everyone from the person who greeted us, the bartender and the person who served water to the server was outstanding and helped make a special occasion a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We love it here!ReenieroDined on 10/7/2014We come here at least once a month. It's a neighborhood gem, and the food is always delicious!Special Features:
- Sunday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Sunday. 6.30 and absolutely packed. Had to wait 10 - 15 minutes for our table. Decent menu and Fixed Price choices. $2 corkage and almost every table was taking advantage. A little noisy but not intolerable.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014We've eaten here many times, and were very disappointed in this visit, for a dual birthday dinner for 4. We were left waiting at almost every stage of the meal, and were never given an opportunity to order dessert. I had mentioned it was a B-day dinner in the comments when I booked, and even though there's no promise of anything, you'd think they would have at least made an effort..they never brought the requested menu, and then said they would recite the desserts, but the waitress never returned to do so...food was mediocre...What happened to this place?..It's really gone downhill.
- Fantastic, as alwaysFoodForFunDined on 10/4/2014I go to Cafe Bizou occasionally, but the maitre d' (is he also the owner?) Philippe always greets me with a friendly smile of recognition and treats me like his best customer. The food is excellent and the ambiance is warm and lively. HIGHLY recommended for a casual evening out or a celebration. The very low corkage fee is a great incentive to come -- and great for the restaurant, because we always splurge a bit more on the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps on cookin'hydraulic42Dined on 10/4/2014Went to Cafe Bizou for my mom's birthday. I don't go all that often, even though I live pretty close by. But the evening was just as I remember it from previous visits. Excellent main courses -- any salmon dish is reliable. The desserts were exceptional. And they still have those small touches that make the place so appealing -- the small one-dollar salad and the amazing $2 corkage fee. I felt that the wait service was a little lacking -- one person came by to tell us the specials, and he certainly seemed like our waiter, but then there was a longer-than-expected wait to order our food, and when we did, it was with a different waiter. Anyway, that hiccup did not really impact the evening in a negative way.Special Features:
- Good over allIzzyDined on 10/2/2014The food was good, and so was the service. However, very few Italian wines, and wine selection somewhat small.Special Features:
- Forgot how good it isDavidDined on 10/1/2014Been a while since I was brave enough to venture into Sherman Oaks. Picked Cafe Bizou for dinner with my wife and glad that I did. The meal was perfectly prepared, the flavors exquisite, service was classic, and the check was a pleasant surprise. I'll have to make it a point to return more often.Special Features:
- Fabulous!happyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Always great food....everything on the menu is so deliciously prepared! One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodReneeDined on 9/30/2014Food was delicious! Service was great! Very nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREAT!!jnsagasDined on 9/30/2014We go to Cafe Bizou in Sheman Oaks very often, food and service always Great.
- comfortable neighborhood diningLindaVIPDined on 9/29/2014always consistent for years and years... great staff... and great value...always a nice place to meet friends... and well priced..Special Features:
- Food on VenturaGeorgianeDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy dinner at this restaurant. A nice bar area to wait for your table. Great Drinks, good wine selection...Special Features:
- TimewithfriendsDined on 9/22/2014Dinner with friends. Love the round tables,so wonderful for a good visit with your friends or family !!!!!!Special Features:
- great menulive2eatDined on 9/21/2014They have a great prix fix 3 course lunch and dinner option at very reasonable prices. The regular menu had a large variety of choices too. The clientele is more mature and for dinner the lights are dim so a nice relaxing setting. The service was excellent and our host and waiter were wonderful, professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!GrandmaFranDined on 9/21/2014I have always had wonderful food and service and Cafe Bizou! Whether I've gone with a friend or a group it's always been consistently wonderful. I really like the extensive fish menu. The food is always delicious. This is one restaurant where you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Fun time at Cafe Bizoumike4lovesmeatDined on 9/20/2014I had a very good time at Café Bizou. My waiter was excellent and the person who seated us, I think the general manager, found a nice cozy spot for my friend and I. They gave us plenty of time before we decided to order food. And considering what we ordered, the total price was not too bad. We each drank about a bottle of wine (4 glasses each). The only thing you may find uncomfortable is that it gets very crowded in the Foyer while you are waiting to be seated. The crowd is certainly an older crowd at Café Bizou - don't go there expecting a hot spot or a lot of young trend setters as you might find at a place in Hollywood or West Hollywood. But overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Service could be improvedEyengDined on 9/19/2014Arrived on time for our reservation, but still had to wait 30min for our table for 2. The hostess said it would just be a few min. No one approached us until 25min later to tell us it would be a few min until our table would be ready! Our server was rude... Stuck his finger out to us and told us to wait with no direct eye contact. We were rushed to take our order. Food is above avg. but service was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodDined on 9/19/2014We have been eating at Cafe Bizou for many years. Love the food, atmosphere and the service. We take guests who come to visit there and also eat there for special occasions. My favorite is the monkfish in lobster sauce!!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemDellDavisDined on 9/14/2014this restaurant has probably been the most successful in sherman oaks over the past 20 years because of its quality:value ratio. Food is above average (mixed american incl seafood) , the ambiance is very warm and can be quite romantic at times, the drinks are moderately priced and full, and the corkage fee is about $6 (and that was the charge for the 3 bottles of wine I brought last time). the place is always packed. there's a reason!Special Features:
- Love Cafe Bizou!hbb123Dined on 9/12/2014My favorite restaurant in the valley - fabulous food at a reasonable price with an excellent ambiance.Special Features:
- always goodLAeater1VIPDined on 9/12/2014Cafe Bizou has been around for years, is not hip or trendy, and has a clientele of mostly folks past 40. But the food is solidly good and the value is unsurpassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prix fixed meals!tiramisuVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here for the $16 prix fixed lunch (Sept/Oct) which is the best deal in town! Delicious food, great service, 2hrs free parking on the street around the corner.Special Features:
- LunchaminlaVIPDined on 9/6/2014A group of 7 of us met for lunch. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and everything was excellent, plus the prices were reasonable. Whereas one of our friends felt that the server was a bit brusque in his demeanor, otherwise we had a terrific lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful, consistent experiencez1466VIPDined on 9/6/2014Café Bizou is consistently a wonderful dining experience! The food is delicious, the $2.00 corkage fee can't be beat and the servers down to the entry wait staff are professional and polished. We will return again and again!Special Features:
- Our Evening at Cafe BizouBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to celebrate a family birthday. We had a small group. Everyone we interacted with was great, starting with the Valets, the hostess, the waiter and support staff. EVERYONE enjoyed their meal. It was a terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ALWAYSskluvsfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've been coming here for years & not once have I ever been disappointed. Took friends for the 1st time & they were raving about the stellar food. Service was good and we always leave here happy. This is definitely a "gem of a restaurant".Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisegolf4meDined on 9/5/2014We were very pleased with the service, food and ambiance. Yes the crowd seems a bit more mature, but then so am I. Our 23 year old daughter and daughter in law plus our 25 year old son thought the place was great.Special Features:
- Alway enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Cafe Bizou has a good choice of food. Specials are particularly good. It's a good place to celebrate with family and friends. The corkage policy really makes it affordable. I particularly like the sea bass special, the steak au pore--what a wonderful sauce, the French Onion Soup. It can get very crowded with a long wait late on a weekend night, but it's worth the wait. The wait staff is always helpful and prompt.Special Features:
- WaterburyGuyDined on 9/4/2014We've been eating here for years and plan to continue. It's impossible to find fault. If you haven't tried it, don't wait. There were 3 for lunch this past Thursday, Pasta with Lobster Shrimp Sauce, Beef Stroganov, and Sesame Seed Coated Salmon over Potato Pancakes with a Burgundy Mushroom Sauce. Thankfully we weren't sitting under the sprinklers because the sparks from our cutlery would have activated the system. Clean plates all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRoygbivDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is a gem. The food, service, and value all are excellent. We eat here fairly often, and always have a pleasurable meal.Special Features:
- A classicAperitifDined on 8/31/2014After 27 years it is still a gem. The owner makes you feel special and the food is amazing great service too. And so reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.